• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Lol yeah my only issue is the lead time. Our season started yesterday so I need to find a used one if I go that route so I can immediately sell mine to recoup the money and not be without for 4 months

20” - 22” past the action or whatnot. (What I would be able to measure as barrel) in FDE
Running a ACC? I just shoot mine short. It shoots fine.

PXL_20210314_184146794.jpg

Reactions: 99tharmory
Shot the NRL22X match at Cameo yesterday. Had a few rounds hang up with pushing on the magazine when shooting off my gamechanger, but it wasn’t anything I couldn’t work past. By the end of the day, she was still running great even though it was covered in fine silt dust and dirt. It was a blast and look forward to more comps.
C6E0642A-F3D9-4B31-BDCB-DCE7FEF1ED23.jpeg

The only stock/DBM I've ever had problems with when it comes to pushing magazines back on a barricade, bag, or whatever causing feeding issues was a Manners T4A w/DBM Mini chassis. The problem was fixed by drilling & tapping a 6-32 hole in the backside of the magazine and screwing in a 6-32 allen head cap screw. The cap screw bears against the rear of the mag well of the DBM and prevents the magazine from moving to the rear when pushed up against barricade, bag, etc. I've used PTG Stealth DBM on the other three V-22 repeaters, and never had an issue with mags moving when pushed up against barricade, etc. The downside to the PTG DBM is that the interior dimensions are so snug that mags won't drop free when you hit the release; I've had to work at removing aluminum inside the magwell with flat files, Dremel, etc.; and when I got tired of doing that, still had to sand/file down poly V-22 mags a bit to insure that they'd drop free when the mag release was tripped.

I’m not sure I want to drill into my 1500 dollar stock lol I’m gonna see if I can get a long mag catch from manners to see if I can remedy the issue that way lol also want a different mag release as the flush release was an issue yesterday

@littlepod no, have an AIAX chassis but don’t like, going back to the greyboe that came with my gun, I have used a suppressor for 2 seasons but the data is out there showing it’s a hinderance at the longer distances I shoot. So want a little bit longer of a barrel since don’t have the length with a suppressor anymore.

tho I might try a manners stock 🧐

Keep the AIAX chassis for a while. I’ll have to buy it from you here in a while 😉

@littlepod no, have an AIAX chassis but don’t like, going back to the greyboe that came with my gun, I have used a suppressor for 2 seasons but the data is out there showing it’s a hinderance at the longer distances I shoot. So want a little bit longer of a barrel since don’t have the length with a suppressor anymore.

tho I might try a manners stock 🧐

I think it's still fine to shoot with it shorter than the rifle :) Just looks kind of funny... they'll call you having a space gun.

Is it possible to buy just an ACE barrel for the rig I already have? Wanting to go longer than the 16-7/8 that my barrel is past my action.
Of course it is. I'm having one of my Vudoos rebarreled this week by Vudoo. $450 for the rebarrel.
I bought an 18" MTU profile but need a bit of extra weight up front for balance + the aesthetics are more to my liking with the longer barrel so I'm going with 22" MTU.

Reactions: Defender32
Of course it is. I'm having one of my Vudoos rebarreled this week by Vudoo. $450 for the rebarrel.
I bought an 18" MTU profile but need a bit of extra weight up front for balance + the aesthetics are more to my liking with the longer barrel so I'm going with 22" MTU.
Is this including the barrel? Did they specify that it HAS to go back?

I just picked up a TacSport 2-stage, default medium sear and the owner said it worked great on the Vudoo, but I've seen threads here recommending a high sear. Anyone have issues running the medium sear? Wanted to verify before I have to plop another $35 for a new sear.

Does that mean the gold trigger tech is gonna be up for sale??

Unfired. It was the 2nd one I bought for my centerfire, but yes decided I'm going to change up my Vudoo, so I'll end up getting a diff one for the centerfire. This was my year for PRS until I couldn't find any ammo :(

But yes I'll be putting it up soon!

View attachment 7582854
Don’t worry about putting it up. I’ll take it lol

Reactions: littlepod

hello: can you please post the name of the thread protector please. Looking for a smooth stainless thread protector. Thanks

Lightened things up! Put back on the AMG, shifted weights around, and put the new long thread protector from @Tiger_Shilone (thank you!)

18" Kukri, in a full length ACC. Rifle with 15 round aluminum magazine as pictured down to 16.4lbs. Shaved off 2 pounds while still being able to free balance it on a barricade.

Good, I guess that means I don't have to change my Vudoo rifle order! LOL Thanks!
Lightened things up! Put back on the AMG, shifted weights around, and put the new long thread protector from @Tiger_Shilone (thank you!)

18" Kukri, in a full length ACC. Rifle with 15 round aluminum magazine as pictured down to 16.4lbs. Shaved off 2 pounds while still being able to free balance it on a barricade.

View attachment 7544231

Pretty cool article in Gun Digest:

MB
I've read it twice and forwarded to numerous people who are looking to get into the 22lr game.

Outstanding write up. You guys earned every bit of it.

Can't wait to push my V22 pass 500 yards.

Reading HR 127. Should this abomination become law (which I doubt), the Vudoo V22’s will be banned from production. What a wonderful world the Biden presidency is trying to pass.

Reading HR 127. Should this abomination become law (which I doubt), the Vudoo V22’s will be banned from production. What a wonderful world the Biden presidency is trying to pass.
While I’m obviously not a fan of that bill, I don’t see how anything in the text would apply to the V-22.

Threaded barrel, detachable magazines available capable of holding more than 10 rounds, and in my gun’s case a pistol grip and foldable stock.
That only applies to semi-automatic rifles and the magazine capacity language excludes .22LR.

Reactions: Cowpokey
You all know that once they get something like this passed & into law, they'll just move on to working on the next incremental ban, so whether it applies to what we're interested in in this forum is a moot point...
I don't think truth and objective reality are moot. There is enough to criticize about HR 127 without the false statement that it bans the V-22. Yes, if centerfire guns are all banned then I'd expect eventually rimfire to come under attack, but that's not where we are. HR 127 also has little chance of passing.

Reactions: bikeracer
Quick break from the political side of things but where do those with experience land on barrel fluting? Aesthetics aside would I be giving up any accuracy? I’ll never be a contender for top place so I could live with 1-2% reduction in accuracy but not 10%.

I’m a week into the wait for the 18” kukri barreled Ravage I ordered and am now trying to find more ways to pass the time and get exactly the rifle I want. After waiting on tax stamps and dealing with the FAA waiting for VGW will be easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dusty Rhodes
How you liking that 22" MTU?
I literally just put everything together and snapped a picture. We have a dinner reservation at 6pm and an hour drive to get there, so I haven't even been able to pull the trigger yet :(
The gun weighs in at 16.5 lbs. and balances about 1.5"-2" in front of an empty magazine. I'll get to see what she'll do tomorrow.

Any rifles/barreled actions with early Dec order dates coming through for anybody? I'm sure they are behind just curious how it's looking.

I ordered a barreled action on 12/11. I'm scheduled for 04/02. Lisa said on 03/08 that my gun is in paint and will be in build next week. They are saying it should be ready close to the original schedule date.

Reactions: Dusty Rhodes
I ordered a barreled action on 12/11. I'm scheduled for 04/02. Lisa said on 03/08 that my gun is in paint and will be in build next week. They are saying it should be ready close to the original schedule date.
My barreled action has a due date for last Wednesday, no news, guess I'll call Monday.

Ok placing an order tomorrow with Lisa for 2022 PRS clone for a 6BR.

anyone have pictures of foundation genesis2 with a 20” or a 22” barrel? Getting MTU profile but just wanted to see what “looked” right, I am thinking also thinking of just whatever length it came out to be to be at 20” flush after the action