• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Got the phone call from Vudoo yesterday:cool:, now waiting on the phone call from local FFL😒. So for me barreled action with 20" MTU took right at 17 weeks. Only thing not standard about my build was color so they're holding pretty good to the lead times.
^^^^ With some exceptions-- sorry guys.

Reactions: 99tharmory
Working up the courage to place an order. I am wondering if I should do a barrel actions or complete rifle. I haven't order because I am still undecided with stock or chassis. I am thinking of searching for a Manners MCS TCS, Foundations Stock, or MPA BA.

By default barreled actions are threaded. I'm sure they are available non-threaded also, since that's an option for a complete rifle.

From Vudoo's website FAQ:

"What thread pitch is your muzzle?
Our barrels are threaded 1/2X28 TPI which fits most any suppressor or muzzle brake. All threaded barrels come with a thread protector."

Reactions: Quickoz
Thanks mate. Anyone know how long the thread is? Im going to make my own Tuner for it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the website explicitly say to contact them if you're using a tuner so they can make the threads longer?

Please Guys. Some advice. I’m new here and ordered my vudoo brining of Jan. I just got an email from Vudoo today. Saying this “
Our Ace barrels are currently on back order. Would you like to go with Bartlein instead?” I ordered a 20” Ace with a flute. Is there much of a difference. Thanks

Hmmm, curious, I ordered mine with an 18” Ace Kukri profile in late February. No email from Vudoo saying delay as of yet...fingers crossed. Vudoo spoke highly of the Ace barrel but I wouldn’t feel bad if I had chosen Bartlein either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dusty Rhodes
Please Guys. Some advice. I’m new here and ordered my vudoo brining of Jan. I just got an email from Vudoo today. Saying this “
Our Ace barrels are currently on back order. Would you like to go with Bartlein instead?” I ordered a 20” Ace with a flute. Is there much of a difference. Thanks
That sounds like an upgrade to me. Bartlein makes some amazing barrels. Not sure if it will cost you more though.

That sounds like an upgrade to me. Bartlein makes some amazing barrels. Not sure if it will cost you more though.
I don’t mind if they cost more $. I m going all out on this gun. I live on a small island in southeast Alaska. I’m very thankful for this site and the knowledge here. Just trying to make good choices. Thanks again for the advice

I don’t mind if they cost more $. I m going all out on this gun. I live on a small island in southeast Alaska. I’m very thankful for this site and the knowledge here. Just trying to make good choices. Thanks again for the advice
You’ll not regret the Bartlein. What’s even cooler is, with the interest in rimfire continuing to ramp at a blistering pace, a lot of barrel makers are putting tons of effort into making better rimfire barrels and Bartlein is at the top.

The other side of this is, we’ve saturated capacity at Ace, so that’s why you received the email. We’re adjusting everywhere possible to keep things moving while not settling for less than what we’ve always delivered.

Hope this helps,
MB

You’ll not regret the Bartlein. What’s even cooler is, with the interest in rimfire continuing to ramp at a blistering pace, a lot of barrel makers are putting tons of effort into making better rimfire barrels and Bartlein is at the top.

The other side of this is, we’ve saturated capacity at Ace, so that’s why you received the email. We’re adjusting everywhere possible to keep things moving while not settling for less than what we’ve always delivered.

Hope this helps,
MB
MB,

As always, it's seriously nice to have you on here to answer questions.

One I have for you - it seems I've been caught up in a delay on left handed barreled action due to missing left handed bolt noses.

Is there a estimated time when these will be released?

Much appreciated.

MB,

As always, it's seriously nice to have you on here to answer questions.

One I have for you - it seems I've been caught up in a delay on left handed barreled action due to missing left handed bolt noses.

Is there a estimated time when these will be released?

Much appreciated.
Thanks, and happy to be here Dude.

Funny you should ask about this, I’m actually looking into it today and have a way to speed things up. Standby for more info....

MB

I received the same update on my order and did not hesitate switching to the Bartlein. I've used them on my centerfires and there's no question they are top quality. I don't believe there is an upcharge for the Bartlein.

Looking forward to hearing LH barrel actions becoming available and shipping out. I'm on a notification list!

Reactions: Badjujuu

Hope this helps,
MB
It is true , everyone say vudoo has great customer support.Love it. Thank you!!!

I just picked up a TacSport 2-stage, default medium sear and the owner said it worked great on the Vudoo, but I've seen threads here recommending a high sear. Anyone have issues running the medium sear? Wanted to verify before I have to plop another $35 for a new sear.
I'm running a medium in mine with no issues at 1lb 10oz total weight. Although the high is correctly recommended by measuring, my understanding is that it's only necessary if you want to run as light of weight as possible. Set your weight and check it with a drop test.

I'm running a medium in mine with no issues at 1lb 10oz total weight. Although the high is correctly recommended by measuring, my understanding is that it's only necessary if you want to run as light of weight as possible. Set your weight and check it with a drop test.

When I set it to single stage, it worked reliably, but on 2-stage it did not work. I was trying to run it at an 8oz/8oz setup. I am guessing at 1lb 10oz it probably would be okay.

I'm back to my Huber for now.

When I set it to single stage, it worked reliably, but on 2-stage it did not work. I was trying to run it at an 8oz/8oz setup. I am guessing at 1lb 10oz it probably would be okay.

I'm back to my Huber for now.
Did u adjust your lower seer engagement. I am using the high top seer on mine. However set at 8/8 I had to adjust lower seer, which you should do anyway to optimize the trigger

ordered my 2nd the other day. i REALLY wanted a custom foundation stock from J.K. but the guy that has the blue/black marbled had to bug him for 3 years to get one. i WAS going to just have vudoo cerakote a foundation black at least and when i asked about it i could hear Ms. Jill's heart break over the phone. been working nights and decided just to stay with the dark distressed and she emailed me that should we be "MORE THAN HAPPY to order me a beautiful dark distressed foundation with NO cerakote" lol

Reactions: Dusty Rhodes
and upon looking more on the IG it seems my build is the AdaptiveOPs raffle build so i at least know what it looks like "in person"

Reactions: RAVAGE88
About two weeks ago took possession of a V22 Gen2 with a Proof CF barrel. VGW had kindly installed a Bix'nAndy 2-stage BR/Competition trigger. I checked the functioning of the barreled action-trigger and all was well as one would expect on a VGW product. I put the barreled action-trigger into a PRS1 stock inletted for Rem 700 SA with 45 in/lb for both action screws. Until yesterday all seemed well with hundreds of rounds of dry-firing. Yesterday on closing the bolt the firing pin would release about once every two or three shots. I removed the barreled action-trigger and no firing pin release occurred. My immediate naive gunsmithing thought was the height of the top sear. I had specified a high top sear from Bullet Central but have not confirmed it is a high top sear. Most curious is why this phenomenon occured after hundreds of rounds of firing. I could understand if it occurred immediately. Perhaps a medium top sear and the inletting was such that tightening the action screws deformed the receiver?

About two weeks ago took possession of a V22 Gen2 with a Proof CF barrel. VGW had kindly installed a Bix'nAndy 2-stage BR/Competition trigger. I checked the functioning of the barreled action-trigger and all was well as one would expect on a VGW product. I put the barreled action-trigger into a PRS1 stock inletted for Rem 700 SA with 45 in/lb for both action screws. Until yesterday all seemed well with hundreds of rounds of dry-firing. Yesterday on closing the bolt the firing pin would release about once every two or three shots. I removed the barreled action-trigger and no firing pin release occurred. My immediate naive gunsmithing thought was the height of the top sear. I had specified a high top sear from Bullet Central but have not confirmed it is a high top sear. Most curious is why this phenomenon occured after hundreds of rounds of firing. I could understand if it occurred immediately. Perhaps a medium top sear and the inletting was such that tightening the action screws deformed the receiver?
Rick is the stock equipped with the Mini chassis? If you can not replicate the failure with the BA out of the stock I suggest using a dial indicator to test the bedding fit. Zero the indicator with the base clamped to either the forearm or barrel and indicator on the other. Alternately loosen and tighten the action screws looking for movement I will bed if I see any more than 0.003" but prefer less! Most of the time a thousandth is fine. Repeat this measuring off the tang as well. If you find excessive movement remove the trigger and repeat because the trigger could be contacting the stock somewhere.

Just how I would start the diagnosis.

Reactions: rick137
FWIW I have seen V block style chassis distort R700 style actions enough to cause the bolt to bind in the raceway.

Last edited:
Maybe a real 700 but custom actions, like the Vudoo, are machined truer and in a Manners Mini Chassis won't have an issue. If it's bedded for another action then it might. Also maybe try torquing to 65 in/lbs.

I’m jumping in with another question please. I was just informed from VUDOO that my build will hopefully start next week....YES!!! I have been patiently waiting. My question is I’m getting a greyboe stock since Manners are still 6 months out. I bed all of my guns. I assume these come un bedded. I see they sell the Vudoo stock pillars. Is that what most do? Buy the pillars and bed ourself? Thanks again for all of the wisdom/knowledge out there.
keith
Sitka, Alaska

I’m jumping in with another question please. I was just informed from VUDOO that my build will hopefully start next week....YES!!! I have been patiently waiting. My question is I’m getting a greyboe stock since Manners are still 6 months out. I bed all of my guns. I assume these come un bedded. I see they sell the Vudoo stock pillars. Is that what most do? Buy the pillars and bed ourself? Thanks again for all of the wisdom/knowledge out there.
keith
Sitka, Alaska
My Grayboe came with the pillars already installed. Not bedded, pillars yes.

Gjmen22

Reactions: STex
Gents:
Many thanks for your posts.

To answer the questions:
@jbell:
- the PRS1 stock was purchased from Altus and came with the Mini Chassis
- the dial indicator procedure is excellent; I saw it done in a video from StraightJacket Armory; unfortunately do not have a dial caliper and probably not the skill to use it to 0.003"
- scary that torqueing the action screws can distort a Rem700 receiver to that degree; the Bix'nAndy Rem700 2-stage Benchrest Trigger has aluminum side plates while the TacSport PRO has steel; perhaps I inadvertently deformed something in the Benchrest Trigger; I had used a TacSport PRO trigger in the same stock without issue so presumed, perhaps wrongly, there would be no issue with the Benchrest Trigger

@Rob01:
-first comment to @jbell

@qodeBebop:
- 8oz, more or less

Continuing the story, after several hours I again began testing the barreled action plus trigger with no stock. After about 10 cockings and firings with normal operation the firing pin began firing on closing the bolt. Frying pan into the fire. Yesterday called Bullet Central. Asked if perhaps the issue was that the top sear height could be medium, which is the default, and was told no. The Bullet Central position is a medium top sear works perfectly in a V22. BC suggested it could be the bottom sear causing the problem and explained the procedure for determining the correct degree of engagement. They also said the Bix'nAndy 2-stage Benchrest trigger was like a Formula 1 car that needs to be carefully tuned while the TacSport Pro was not. I sensed the implication was knowing how to drive a pickup doesn't qualify one to drive a Lambo Huracan. Following the procedure for adjusting lower sear produced a mixture of results, normal firing, firing on closure, delayed firing on closure and a variety of pull weights.

I know the real reason for the issue is bad karma. The trigger knows I have no interest in benchrest shooting and in my heart-of-hearts consider positional shooting the ultimate test of marksmanship. So at my earliest convenience will swap the benchrest trigger for a Tacsport PRO trigger.

Rick the pickup truck driver

Iv always Torqued the manners mini chassis 65 front and 45 rear

Was just going to post this as that is how they should be torqued per Manners. I have always done mine both centerfire and rimfire like that also.

Just get a Timney HIT or TT Special or Diamond if you need to go under 1 pound. They all work just fine with no timing or messing with. Set weight and shoot.