• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

This is interesting. What made you get a 1:9? Just to test or was there some kind of bump to say yes i want a 1:9? i'm very curious how the 1:9 works with regular match grade 22lr ammo such as sk LRM
Already had a standard twist Vudoo. Had discussed with @RAVAGE88 about the 1:9. He’s had good success with it. Also with the new solids wanted a faster twist barrel. So far no discernible difference.
Also figured if it ducks I could just send it back to have a new barrel put on it.
Will be testing many various higher quality ammo once I get the solids I ordered. Until then will use SK Std+ in matches.

Already had a standard twist Vudoo. Had discussed with @RAVAGE88 about the 1:9. He’s had good success with it. Also with the new solids wanted a faster twist barrel. So far no discernible difference.
Also figured if it ducks I could just send it back to have a new barrel put on it.
Will be testing many various higher quality ammo once I get the solids I ordered. Until then will use SK Std+ in matches.
Was there any discussion at all with 1:12?

I'd love to try a new twist with standard available ammo myself just don't know where to bite the bullet.

Would be amazing to see your results out at distance with std+

Was there any discussion at all with 1:12?

I'd love to try a new twist with standard available ammo myself just don't know where to bite the bullet.

Would be amazing to see your results out at distance with std+
Did not discuss other twist rates specifically. They “stock” 1:9 ACE barrels so didn’t need to get a special barrel spin up.

I plan to test more when I get time and calmer days.

Did not discuss other twist rates specifically. They “stock” 1:9 ACE barrels so didn’t need to get a special barrel spin up.

I plan to test more when I get time and calmer days.
Any information on lengths? And profiles?

Really stupid question. Has anyone tried B14r mags in their Vudoo?
Just ordered a V22 barreled action from Mile High, but V22 mags are nowhere to be found. I'm upgrading from a B14R, so has anyone been able to get them to work at all?

Reactions: Defender32
I got my hands on 2 bricks of the new style box of Center X..It shot terrible..and the Chrono showed why.. in a 30 round string, it went from 1057 fps to 1146fps..Spread was 89..STDEV was 21.9..Worst CenterX I have ever had. My buddy bought some SK Standard that has a STDEV of 7.5 Spread is 35..We bought the ammo at the same time, same place, he bought to SK Standard as practice ammo, and I got the Center X for match..Just proves you never really know. We chronoed alot of ammo..Center X was the worst, out of RWS 50, SK Pistol, CCI, SK RM, SKLM, and old box Midas..I have never shot CCI SV but he has a case, that will just shoot..

Reactions: Luke22:36
I got my hands on 2 bricks of the new style box of Center X..It shot terrible..and the Chrono showed why.. in a 30 round string, it went from 1057 fps to 1146fps..Spread was 89..STDEV was 21.9..Worst CenterX I have ever had. My buddy bought some SK Standard that has a STDEV of 7.5 Spread is 35..We bought the ammo at the same time, same place, he bought to SK Standard as practice ammo, and I got the Center X for match..Just proves you never really know. We chronoed alot of ammo..Center X was the worst, out of RWS 50, SK Pistol, CCI, SK RM, SKLM, and old box Midas..I have never shot CCI SV but he has a case, that will just shoot..

This ^ is exactly what I was concerned about. I know that sending your rifle off to a testing center is the best way to go blah blah blab, but it's also somewhat of a hassle. Especially when, until now, you could always depend on getting any lot of CenterX and it being good enough to compete etc. A "good" lot at 50 yards may run .2", and a "bad" lot was .4". No worse, ever. With this "new" 1 inch/2moa a possibility, all bets are off on buying cases of it in my mind. Even bricks at $120. Hopefully this is just a fluke, but it's a little disappointing at the moment.

I'm heading out to try the "new" stuff in a different V22 and a CZ457, but pretty much expecting the same results.

Also, those recommending calling Lapua regarding the issue, are you talking Germany, or one of the test centers?

Did a search for Lapua US and this came up. Worth a try.

If not then you can always fill out the Lapua contact form.

Maybe @RAVAGE88 could confirm a contact person if he knows of a better one than above.

Maybe @RAVAGE88 could confirm a contact person if he knows of a better one than above.
I went to Lapua Testing Center, on March 8th, it was me a buddy and 3 guns. My gun did not test the best there, but Luke who was a cool guy to hand out with for a couple hours, said he would sell me a half a case just so i have something to shoot. My other buddy, put in an order for 2 cases..we went three weeks and never heard a word from Lapua on our order( Neither did Creedmoor Sports). We tried to contact Luke every way possible..nothing..Finally he answered a text message from my buddy Ken (on 3/24), says he was sorry and he would get us taken care off tomorrow. To this day we have not heard from Luke..Ken got pretty pissed off and called Capstone on Wed the 31st, I will give you the number 1-660-460-2800. He told me to look out for a call from that number, that they need to confirm my address and such. Ken, got his 1 case of ammo Saturday. I still have not heard anything and will call the number myself today. Pretty disappointed in Lapua, I totally understand being busy..but a phone call to say what is going on goes a long way..

Cool, thank you.

Quick update - I tried two other rifles with the "new" CenterX - a different V22 Bartlein/Kukri, and a CZ457. While still pretty disappointing, it wasn't as horrible as out of the other V22. And the CZ barely noticed a difference between the "old" and "new". Go figure, and take it for what it's worth I guess.

Attachments

• ADmVSHHDRJaYjvpKjpDfMw.jpg
    ADmVSHHDRJaYjvpKjpDfMw.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I got a case of the new stuff. It isn’t as good as I’ve seen in the past but not as bad as you’re seeing either. It is faster than any lot of center x I’ve had.

71EB6948-CD99-44B4-9F59-1D00EED544E8.jpeg

When it cracked the 1130’s an up coupe times I knew I was in trouble..I could work with what you have. A few of the "new" rounds had the distinct crack of going super sonic from two of the three rifles I tried it in.
Same here. I don't have a chrono, but a few of the "new" rounds had the distinct crack of going super sonic from two of the three rifles that I tried it in.

When it cracked the 1130’s an up coupe times I knew I was in trouble..I could work with what you have.
1099 was the cold bore and I was thinking that would be an outlier. The more I shot I realized that wasn’t the case. It was also 40 degrees when I tested it so it will be interesting to see what it does as the weather warms up. My barrel is 22ish inches for reference.

I don't have a chronograph either, but I find it weird that the first shot from a cold bore is the fastest...can anyone explain why that is, or point me to a site to read about it?

1099 was the cold bore and I was thinking that would be an outlier. The more I shot I realized that wasn’t the case. It was also 40 degrees when I tested it so it will be interesting to see what it does as the weather warms up. My barrel is 22ish inches for reference.
My Vudoo is 20” and it was 54-59 degrees. Warmed up quick Saturday. I bet you will be close to my numbers when temp rises.

Usually it's because there's a carbon ring, which means the chamber is even tighter, and the first shot is slightly higher pressure so it'll shoot faster. After that shot the carbon ring softens which is why it'll shoot like normal. That's also why carbon ring can have a POI shift as well.

• Wow
Reactions: Cowpokey
I don't have a chronograph either, but I find it weird that the first shot from a cold bore is the fastest...can anyone explain why that is, or point me to a site to read about it?
I have a chronograph and I've noticed that sometimes the first cold bore shot is faster. Not every time but enough that I noticed it. 15 or 20 fps faster than the average of the rest of the shots.

Reactions: Cowpokey
Usually it's because there's a carbon ring, which means the chamber is even tighter, and the first shot is slightly higher pressure so it'll shoot faster. After that shot the carbon ring softens which is why it'll shoot like normal. That's also why carbon ring can have a POI shift as well.
The 20th shot was 1098 so that wasn’t the case in my example.

For me, center X was my first ammo of the day, on the first string my last shot was the fastest at 1177..like Littlepod said, you guys might want to check for a carbon ring.

I have read all 7836 post on this topic since Last Wednesday!!!

Big Brown Truck is delivering a 20" Kukri BA w/ Bartline Barrel today from Mile High. Full build is still on the books with VGW as its waiting on an ACE Barrel and Ridgeback stock. I have a TT Diamond and Ridgeback stock to drop this one in this afternoon. If all goes well I should have the Burris RT25 from the Bergara I just sold zeroed at 50 before dark. Ill post pictures and info tonight.

Its hard to believe I didn't think I'd own a Vudoo any time soon and will have 2 this year!!!!!

I can see lots more of these being ordered in the next 24 hours!!! That is a lot more room than I ever thought it would be.
424029E0-8A66-4607-A631-654EEBA03FB4.png

Reactions: Badjujuu
I can see lots more of these being ordered in the next 24 hours!!! That is a lot more room than I ever thought it would be. View attachment 7598715

I think it ultimately comes down to what you run for your centerfire. People have been running Impact, Zermatt, Lone Peak, 90 degree actions for PRS for a long time, even though Curtis/Terminus/AI have 60 degree throws.

Doing work over 60 degrees vs 90 degrees is a difference, assuming all other things equal. So the bolt lift is heavier.

So deciding between a Gen 2 and a Gen Three 60 is really a personal preference. As the owner of a Terminus Zeus, I've actually considered the opposite - selling my Terminus and getting a Lone Peak to have a light 90 degree throw vs the slightly heavy 60 degree throw. Then having that match my Gen 2 Vudoo.

I think it ultimately comes down to what you run for your centerfire. People have been running Impact, Zermatt, Lone Peak, 90 degree actions for PRS for a long time, even though Curtis/Terminus/AI have 60 degree throws.

Doing work over 60 degrees vs 90 degrees is a difference, assuming all other things equal. So the bolt lift is heavier.

So deciding between a Gen 2 and a Gen Three 60 is really a personal preference. As the owner of a Terminus Zeus, I've actually considered the opposite - selling my Terminus and getting a Lone Peak to have a light 90 degree throw vs the slightly heavy 60 degree throw. Then having that match my Gen 2 Vudoo.
That I can understand as a personal preference. All of my CF is 90* and it feels good to me. I don't know other than 1 CZ 457 if I have ever shot a 60* CF.

With some of the larger optics and wanting to keep it low is where I see it coming into play. Allowing people to drop the optic lower and gain travel in the scope over dial + Hold. Only time will tell, but with all the request in the lengthy thread over 4 years it should sell fairly well.

That I can understand as a personal preference. All of my CF is 90* and it feels good to me. I don't know other than 1 CZ 457 if I have ever shot a 60* CF.

With some of the larger optics and wanting to keep it low is where I see it coming into play. Allowing people to drop the optic lower and gain travel in the scope over dial + Hold. Only time will tell, but with all the request in the lengthy thread over 4 years it should sell fairly well.
Get me a 60 degree throw and I'll buy a Vudoo. I've been telling them this for years.

I have a GA Tempest, Terminus and CZ457. There will be no 90 degree throws in my stable. Also, I have never thought the difference in bolt lift was worth noting; it's especially nice on the Terminus.

Sent a request for a 360 today, will likely call after work to follow up.

Currently I run an Impact for centerfire, but I wish it was a 60 throw. The extra clearance from the scope is just so damn nice. I think my next action will be either a Terminus or a Curtis for that reason.

Of course they come out with a new action the day after I order one from Mile High lol

Anyone run a 22" Kukri? I'm thinking I like the length but don't need the early mass of the MTU. Save me some weight and get similar balance or throw my internal for-end weights towards the muzzle of the chassis. MTU has a lot of heft near the chamber of the barrel.
I have a 22" Kukri in a Foundation Genesis and it balances just in front of the mag well...

IMG_4926.jpg

BA showed up at the LGS at 2:45. I picked it up at 4. Came home and installed TT Diamond SS, Grayboe Ridgeback & Burris RT25. I stepped out back to my 50 yard range and zeroed. Scope was on the Bergara with 20 MOA rail so I new it would be close. This is the first 40 rounds down the barrel. I can’t be more impressed in this rifle. @RAVAGE88 and the whole crew at Vudoo Gun Works builds some awesome rifles. This is a 20” Kukri Bartline barrel. When I get a battery for my calipers I’ll upload my FIRST 6x5 on this rifle. Ammo was SK Long Range.
47A52FE6-1BB4-4098-BD4B-20F65C74E895.jpeg
273FA25D-FC39-452E-8C9C-0B853A800736.jpeg
10255412-92B7-468D-8CBA-4BFCA598BBF6.jpeg
9E5E7262-8AB1-4784-9440-9CEB849DF5F9.jpeg

BA showed up at the LGS at 2:45. I picked it up at 4. Came home and installed TT Diamond SS, Grayboe Ridgeback & Burris RT25. I stepped out back to my 50 yard range and zeroed. Scope was on the Bergara with 20 MOA rail so I new it would be close. This is the first 40 rounds down the barrel. I can’t be more impressed in this rifle. @RAVAGE88 and the whole crew at Vudoo Gun Works builds some awesome rifles. This is a 20” Kukri Bartline barrel. When I get a battery for my calipers I’ll upload my FIRST 6x5 on this rifle. Ammo was SK Long Range. View attachment 7598951View attachment 7598952View attachment 7598953View attachment 7598954
Beautiful set up! I'm my experience - it'll only get better

For me, center X was my first ammo of the day, on the first string my last shot was the fastest at 1177..like Littlepod said, you guys might want to check for a carbon ring.
This inspection is now easier than ever as everyone can afford a Teslong USB borescope and see this dreaded carbon ring. After each Range session I pull a dry patch through my barrel with my Patch Worm and head for home. I then sit down and run my Teslong bore guide through the bore and look for any issues including the carbon ring. If the carbon ring has gotten big enough I use a nylon bore brush on a segment of gun cleaning rod with a cordless drill attached at slow speed with Bore Tech C4 Carbon Remover. Then pull a patch from the muzzle end to keep the C4 out of the barrel and check for the carbon ring with the Teslong again. Once the ring is negligible I stop. It's that easy. I have included a link to the Teslong Bore Guide.

This inspection is now easier than ever as everyone can afford a Teslong USB borescope and see this dreaded carbon ring. After each Range session I pull a dry patch through my barrel with my Patch Worm and head for home. I then sit down and run my Teslong bore guide through the bore and look for any issues including the carbon ring. If the carbon ring has gotten big enough I use a nylon bore brush on a segment of gun cleaning rod with a cordless drill attached at slow speed with Bore Tech C4 Carbon Remover. Then pull a patch from the muzzle end to keep the C4 out of the barrel and check for the carbon ring with the Teslong again. Once the ring is negligible I stop. It's that easy. I have included a link to the Teslong Bore Guide.
I have one, it works well.

Reactions: rnaylor2
I spent seven hours on the range today with a number of rifles, but with the most time behind the Vudoo as I'm taking a PRS Rimfire class this weekend. An excellent day, 75 degrees, little to no wind and I was the only person on the rifle side all day!

V22 in an AICS with a S&B PMII. This rifle likes Center X, but the SK Match Rifle also shot very well. I was hoping to get some labradar velocity data but it wasn't to be, I couldn't get the .22 to trigger the unit (ordered an inertia trigger this afternoon to solve the issue). If anyone has Center X velocity data out of a 20" Kukri, post it up please. I'm going to make a drop chart using 1080fps, but would like to see other's results.

IMG_7252-1896620.jpg

IMG_7251-1896619.jpg

One of the 50 yard zeroing targets with Center X. I pulled a couple of shots along the way but I was happy with my zero when I shot the bottom right target. The last target is a string of the SK rifle match during zero. I guess I should have bought some more of that stuff. :)

IMG_7268-1896621.jpg

IMG_7263-1896635.jpg

I spent seven hours on the range today with a number of rifles, but with the most time behind the Vudoo as I'm taking a PRS Rimfire class this weekend. An excellent day, 75 degrees, little to no wind and I was the only person on the rifle side all day!

V22 in an AICS with a S&B PMII. This rifle likes Center X, but the SK Match Rifle also shot very well. I was hoping to get some labradar velocity data but it wasn't to be, I couldn't get the .22 to trigger the unit (ordered an inertia trigger this afternoon to solve the issue). If anyone has Center X velocity data out of a 20" Kukri, post it up please. I'm going to make a drop chart using 1080fps, but would like to see other's results.

IMG_7252-1896620.jpg

IMG_7251-1896619.jpg

One of the 50 yard zeroing targets with Center X. I pulled a couple of shots along the way but I was happy with my zero when I shot the bottom right target. The last target is a string of the SK rifle match during zero. I guess I should have bought some more of that stuff. :)

IMG_7268-1896621.jpg

IMG_7263-1896635.jpg
Was just out at the range today with my new Vudoo also, Magnetospeed for Center-x out of my 20" mtu was 1082 ave from a lot #24***. 1072 min, 1091 max. Doing head shots on a 60% IPSC target at 218 yds.👍

Last edited:
Is that a weight of some sort in the front on top of the ARCA rail?
Yes, while I was waiting for delivery of my Vudoo barreled action there were a few comments about balancing the rifle and in particular the TCS. So, expecting I would need more weight I machined a "triple weight" for the end pocket. All weight pockets are full in the 419 rail and all rear weights removed, it will balance hands free but only if the bipod is attached.

Can I ask why guys get the Kukri contour and then add weights to forend, wouldnt it be better to have MTU and the extra weight it gives? I ordered a 20in MTU with my Three 60.

Because “balance” is the new cool term. LOL everyone needs the rifle to balance on a pinhead exactly 1.96” in front of magwell. Well that and you need the weight to deaden the tremendous recoil 😝

Can I ask why guys get the Kukri contour and then add weights to forend, wouldnt it be better to have MTU and the extra weight it gives? I ordered a 20in MTU with my Three 60.

If you look at the contour of the MTU, there's a lot of heft from the shoulder down to the muzzle. If you look at the Kukri, it loses a lot of the heft, but the muzzle diameter is the same, so the last 4" or so is the same weight MTU or Kukri.

If I'm trying to minimize the total weight, but achieve balance, weight at the ends of the rifle provide the most torque. For example a seesaw. If you have 1 lb on the left end of the seesaw, you need to put 1lb on the right end of the seesaw. Putting lb halfway on the right end of the seesaw won't work. You probably need 2lb halfway on the right end of the seesaw to balance 1lb on the very far left end of the seesaw.

So if traditionally rifles are butt heavy, then moving weight as far forward on the front will provide the most influence on the balance of a rifle. So if I want a balanced sub 16lb rifle, I'd try to go 20"-22" Kukri, and slap one of those ATS muzzle device tuners to add another 1/2lb of weight at the muzzle. If I had a spigot or some other mechanism to add weight I'd do that too.

I could get the same balance with a MTU, but the overall rifle would probably be about .5lbs heavier.

Can always rely on Rob to find the funny side of it aye. 😂😂😂

Littlepod, cheers mate. I know about balance but yeah. Thought the MTU would make it balance up better. I'll see what its like with my McMillan A5.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
BA showed up at the LGS at 2:45. I picked it up at 4. Came home and installed TT Diamond SS, Grayboe Ridgeback & Burris RT25. I stepped out back to my 50 yard range and zeroed. Scope was on the Bergara with 20 MOA rail so I new it would be close. This is the first 40 rounds down the barrel. I can’t be more impressed in this rifle. @RAVAGE88 and the whole crew at Vudoo Gun Works builds some awesome rifles. This is a 20” Kukri Bartline barrel. When I get a battery for my calipers I’ll upload my FIRST 6x5 on this rifle. Ammo was SK Long Range. View attachment 7598951View attachment 7598952View attachment 7598953View attachment 7598954
I’m excited! That’s the same gun I’ve ordered except I’m getting the barrel fluted. Huge Congrats!!!!