• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Really stupid question. Has anyone tried B14r mags in their Vudoo?
Just ordered a V22 barreled action from Mile High, but V22 mags are nowhere to be found. I'm upgrading from a B14R, so has anyone been able to get them to work at all?
I switched from Bergara to Vudoo as well. I sold the Bergara before I had a chance to try. The Vudoo mags did feed the Bergara so the chance is there. I am running the same setup on the V22 as I was the B14R. I have access to Bergara mags still but won't have a chance to confirm for you until this weekend. You will probably have your BA in hand and know your self. Mile High did have Vudoo mags back in stock on Wednesday. I can tell you I have the MK Machining 3 round extensions and they do feed just fine. There are a little bit of a PITA to load but slow and stead wins the race.

I’m excited! That’s the same gun I’ve ordered except I’m getting the barrel fluted. Huge Congrats!!!!
I still have a complete build on order with 20" Ace Kukri in a Grayboe. I was on Mile High and saw the Bartline 20" Kukri and said to my self the Wife needs one as well!!!!!! I also had someone wanting my Bergara and it just worked out. 2 Vudoo's is equal to 1 or some math like that...

Was just out at the range today with my new Vudoo also, Magnetospeed for Center-x out of my 20" mtu was 1082 ave from a lot #24***. 1072 min, 1091 max. Doing head shots on a 60% IPSC target at 218 yds.👍

I spent seven hours on the range today with a number of rifles, but with the most time behind the Vudoo as I'm taking a PRS Rimfire class this weekend. An excellent day, 75 degrees, little to no wind and I was the only person on the rifle side all day!

V22 in an AICS with a S&B PMII. This rifle likes Center X, but the SK Match Rifle also shot very well. I was hoping to get some labradar velocity data but it wasn't to be, I couldn't get the .22 to trigger the unit (ordered an inertia trigger this afternoon to solve the issue). If anyone has Center X velocity data out of a 20" Kukri, post it up please. I'm going to make a drop chart using 1080fps, but would like to see other's results.

IMG_7252-1896620.jpg

IMG_7251-1896619.jpg

One of the 50 yard zeroing targets with Center X. I pulled a couple of shots along the way but I was happy with my zero when I shot the bottom right target. The last target is a string of the SK rifle match during zero. I guess I should have bought some more of that stuff. :)

IMG_7268-1896621.jpg

IMG_7263-1896635.jpg
20" Kukuri 1092 @ 77 degrees 29.7 Barometric Pressure 20% humidity and 2049 feet elevation Center X

Reactions: Defender3
Can I ask why guys get the Kukri contour and then add weights to forend, wouldnt it be better to have MTU and the extra weight it gives? I ordered a 20in MTU with my Three 60.
I have a 20" kukuri in a MPA Hybrid Chassis, it was very butt heavy. I run the Area 419 Arca Rail on the bottom, and my gunsmith made a 8 ounce weight out of bar stock that sticks out past the chassis, looks custom made in black cerakote. It is still a little butt heavy but much more manageable.

Is anyone familiar with the VGW All Composite stocks?

I tried doing some research on the interwebs and the only company coming up was AG Composites - which I'm not even seeing the model of the stock/price point that VGW builds offers on their site.

For reference I'm attaching a pic i found online from one of their older posts

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210329-155656_Facebook.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210329-155656_Facebook.jpg
    742.3 KB · Views: 166

I tried doing some research on the interwebs and the only company coming up was AG Composites - which I'm not even seeing the model of the stock/price point that VGW builds offers on their site.

Yessir, I'm pretty familiar with those....and I believe we may have as many as four or five in inventory at the moment. Let me know if you have questions, etc.

MB

Yessir, I'm pretty familiar with those....and I believe we may have as many as four or five in inventory at the moment. Let me know if you have questions, etc.

MB
I guess I'm just wondering if that's a custom stock made specifically for VGW by AG Composites or another manufacturer. I really couldn't find any information on it and I've added one of those 4 you mentioned to my current LH order..

Reactions: RAVAGE88
I guess I'm just wondering if that's a custom stock made specifically for VGW by AG Composites or another manufacturer. I really couldn't find any information on it and I've added one of those 4 you mentioned to my current LH order..
Yessir, in general, VGW was a catalyst of it's arrival to market. It's made by a long-time friend of mine, Ludwig Heimrath, that has a shop in Bellingham, WA; he's incredibly talented with composites. The technology to manufacture the stock was patented by Ken Frankel and the process is quite amazing.

The stock is based on a monocoque design, wherein the outer shell of the stock is the basis of total integrity, but the pinnacle of what makes it unique is a solid carbon fiber center block that serves as the bedding mount for the action. The block has a parabolic feature that conforms to the shape of the receiver as the action bolts are torqued. I developed the origins of the DBM, which had a few downstream revisions that were specific to its use in the stock. Other's, like Long Rifles, Inc., has also built a few rifles using this stock and there may be others.

Based on the incredible level of technology in the stock, which also pertains to the adjustable cheek piece, it's quite pricy due to a high manufacturing cost, but as part of a total package, rifles are always quite a different experience because of this stock.

Hope this helps,
MB

My wife has one. With a carbon fiber barrel the whole setup (scope for included) is 9 lbs. it is a nice setup

Here is a link to the rifle. It’s called the Black Magic.

Yessir, in general, VGW was a catalyst of it's arrival to market. It's made by a long-time friend of mine, Ludwig Heimrath, that has a shop in Bellingham, WA; he's incredibly talented with composites. The technology to manufacture the stock was patented by Ken Frankel and the process is quite amazing.

The stock is based on a monocoque design, wherein the outer shell of the stock is the basis of total integrity, but the pinnacle of what makes it unique is a solid carbon fiber center block that serves as the bedding mount for the action. The block has a parabolic feature that conforms to the shape of the receiver as the action bolts are torqued. I developed the origins of the DBM, which had a few downstream revisions that were specific to its use in the stock. Other's, like Long Rifles, Inc., has also built a few rifles using this stock and there may be others.

Based on the incredible level of technology in the stock, which also pertains to the adjustable cheek piece, it's quite pricy do to a high manufacturing cost, but as part of a total package, rifles are always quite a different experience because of this stock.

Hope this helps,
MB
Wow - I had to read that twice, nevertheless...it was a pleasure to read!

My LH 22" MTU is still with you guys and I've added the LH non painted carbon fiber stock to my order when it was posted on social media as a available.

I cant judge if that'll be a good combination, as I've requested the 22" MTU before adding the stock (I gather that stock is seriously light).

I have my own TT Diamond trigger that I will install once it all arrives - Are the torque specs any different for this stock from what you normally recommend, and with my plans to run a arca rail, do you see any issues with the install of it due to the complexity of the stock manufacturing process?

Luke

Reactions: RAVAGE88

My LH 22" MTU is still with you guys and I've added the LH non painted carbon fiber stock to my order when it was posted on social media as a available.

I cant judge if that'll be a good combination, as I've requested the 22" MTU before adding the stock (I gather that stock is seriously light).

I have my own TT Diamond trigger that I will install once it all arrives - Are the torque specs any different for this stock from what you normally recommend, and with my plans to run a arca rail, do you see any issues with the install of it due to the complexity of the stock manufacturing process?

Luke
With a 22” MTU it will be front heavy. The stock with adjustable cheek riser weighs 1.5 lbs. with bottom metal it’s 2.5 lbs.

Regarding the arca @RAVAGE88 will have to answer that. I left mine with the picatinny front rail didn’t want to mess with it after I received.

Reactions: Badjujuu

Luke
Glad you were able to glean something from the info.

Regarding the MTU profile barrel with this stock, I'd recommend going with a lighter contour, such as the KUKRI, or depending on what you're planning for this rifle, a CF barrel. Nothing special about the torque specs, but I've always torqued to 65 inch pounds and never think about it again.

The Arca can be accommodated, but close attention to detail will be required. Due to the monocoque design of the stock, the barrel channel is a "molded" part of what provides total integrity of the stock. There are inserts for an Atlas rail that can be used for the front part of the Arca and likely possible to incorporate fastening the rear of the Arca using the front action bolt. All-in-all, I don't believe it'll be difficult. In fact, maybe this has already been accomplished and I might not have the details....

MB

With a 22” MTU it will be front heavy. The stock with adjustable cheek riser weighs 1.5 lbs. with bottom metal it’s 2.5 lbs.

Regarding the arca @RAVAGE88 will have to answer that. I left mine with the picatinny front rail didn’t want to mess with it after I received.
Being a chassis guy, I'm drawn towards the carbon fiber stock but are charting into unknown territory.

Being a lefty and looking forward to my left hand V22 that narrows down my choices even further, that's why I jumped on the LH All Composite stock VGW put out as available.

I'm not afraid of heavy. I actually prefer it over the light weight set ups, which sounds like it's going to be a frankenbuild because the stock was designed for light builds. 😫

Being a chassis guy, I'm drawn towards the carbon fiber stock but are charting into unknown territory.

Being a lefty and looking forward to my left hand V22 that narrows down my choices even further, that's why I jumped on the LH All Composite stock VGW put out as available.

I'm not afraid of heavy. I actually prefer it over the light weight set ups, which sounds like it's going to be a frankenbuild because the stock was designed for light builds. 😫
Won’t necessarily be “heavy”, just front heavy from a balance perspective. It is still an amazing stock. Mine is actually my wife’s and is a left handed build as well.

Won’t necessarily be “heavy”, just front heavy from a balance perspective. It is still an amazing stock. Mine is actually my wife’s and is a left handed build as well.
^^^^Absolutely correct. With the MTU it'll balance forward.

MB

In looking at mine again your best bet on an arca rail would be the Area 419 rail. The fore end is 13” long and with the Area 419 12” flat version the existing screw holes would work. Here is the link to the one I am going to get to see how it works.

Pictures of fore end for reference
5559CCDE-040E-48B3-9B31-F488A8DC4937.jpeg
EDF111B6-FCF3-4DB1-95B4-AA6B1312DA82.jpeg

Luke
Buy the Area 419 ARCA rail kit and send it to Vudoo for them to install and fit properly for you.

I am spinning here, I thought the Carbon stock featured was made in Washington, YET
A G Composites is in North Alabama. A G Composites makes a carbon stock---PAINTED.
The one pictures is the OTHER and much more expensive. This is the one Mike is
speaking of. Hope this is clearing the issue.
A G Composited is not. Composites Specialties.

I am spinning here, I thought the Carbon stock featured was made in Washington, YET
A G Composites is in North Alabama. A G Composites makes a carbon stock---PAINTED.
The one pictures is the OTHER and much more expensive. This is the one Mike is
speaking of. Hope this is clearing the issue.
A G Composited is not. Composites Specialties.
This is All Composites stock. I do not believe they are the same as AG Composite Stocks. At least that’s what I recall when I purchased mine.

This is All Composites stock. I do not believe they are the same as AG Composite Stocks. At least that’s what I recall when I purchased mine.
The confusion was from googling "all composite rifle stock" and search results showing AG Composite sites. That's all.

I really appreciate the pictures of the stock and recommendations on arca rail. I know what i have to do now to make it work. Looks like you absolutely can use the existing holes for the rail....

Reactions: BullTahr
I need some advice. I ordered my custom V22 on December 11, 2020, and it was scheduled to ship on March 26, 2021. A paid in full in mid-February. At that time I was told that the ACE barrels were delayed and my order could be delayed, so I switched to a Bartlein barrel. I was told that everything else was in stock so it should not be an issue shipping to me on time. Around my due date they let me know there was another delay. They were waiting on a component to arrive. Didn't hear from them for several weeks so I called them on Friday and I was told my V22 was scheduled to be built this coming week, hopefully on Wednesday, and that they were short on rifle builders. Last week they announced the Three 60 upgrade. I didn't find out about it until 5 days after the announcement because I was on vacation. Since my order was technically not built yet, I decided to fill out the form to upgrade. Today they told me that my action was already built, so they could upgrade my build, but I would have to go to the very back of the queue, which could be up to 16 weeks wait, even though my rifle is fully paid for. Vudoo offered me three options: 1) refund me the full amount of my initial purchase, 2) I could get to the back of the line and wait 16 weeks for the upgrade, or 3) I could just go with my initial Gen. 2 build. Should I just stick with the Gen 2?

Why are you considering the 360? Because it's 'better', because it's the hot thing right now, or because that 60° bolt throw is really that important to you? It won't shoot any better...

Just trying to figure out what your motives are, not trying to be a dick.

The 360 isn't an upgrade, per se, it's just different... In a better way, haha!

I need some advice. I ordered my custom V22 on December 11, 2020, and it was scheduled to ship on March 26, 2021. A paid in full in mid-February. At that time I was told that the ACE barrels were delayed and my order could be delayed, so I switched to a Bartlein barrel. I was told that everything else was in stock so it should not be an issue shipping to me on time. Around my due date they let me know there was another delay. They were waiting on a component to arrive. Didn't hear from them for several weeks so I called them on Friday and I was told my V22 was scheduled to be built this coming week, hopefully on Wednesday, and that they were short on rifle builders. Last week they announced the Three 60 upgrade. I didn't find out about it until 5 days after the announcement because I was on vacation. Since my order was technically not built yet, I decided to fill out the form to upgrade. Today they told me that my action was already built, so they could upgrade my build, but I would have to go to the very back of the queue, which could be up to 16 weeks wait, even though my rifle is fully paid for. Vudoo offered me three options: 1) refund me the full amount of my initial purchase, 2) I could get to the back of the line and wait 16 weeks for the upgrade, or 3) I could just go with my initial Gen. 2 build. Should I just stick with the Gen 2?
I'm in the same exact boat.
The 60° upgrade wasn't a deal breaker for me to justify getting back in line for another 14-16 weeks. I called and inquired but decided to keep my current order.

Reactions: sys700
Why are you considering the 360? Because it's 'better', because it's the hot thing right now, or because that 60° bolt throw is really that important to you? It won't shoot any better...

Just trying to figure out what your motives are, not trying to be a dick.
Understood. My centerfire rifle is a 60 degree, so it's closest to what I'm used to. Also, the bolt appears to be easier to take apart to clean on the 360. I'm also running a very large Nightforce scope, and concerned the bolt with come close to the zoom lug.

I would that’s what you ordered originally it will shoot great if you don’t like it sell it and get your money back

I would that’s what you ordered originally it will shoot great if you don’t like it sell it and get your money back
Yup, if you put it up for sale, it won't be long before someone takes it.

I say keep your Gen2 - if you're worried about the scope/bolt - I have Razor gen2 on mine and never had issues with clearance when running the bolt.

Understood. My centerfire rifle is a 60 degree, so it's closest to what I'm used to. Also, the bolt appears to be easier to take apart to clean on the 360. I'm also running a very large Nightforce scope, and concerned the bolt with come close to the zoom lug.

I highly doubt the scope will be an issue. I run Razors which have a very big power ring and never an issue hitting it with my 90 degree throw. If you want it to match your other rifle then order the 360 and wait. Only you can make that decision.

The bolt comes apart exactly like the Gen 2, which IS tool-less. No difference between the Gen 2 and the Three 60 other than the number of lugs. Generations prior to the Gen 2 were a little more complicated to disassemble.

Reactions: Gjmen22 and sys700
There is an article in rifleshootermagazine that discusses 2 vs 3-bolt design. This comment is made: "Although a two-lug bolt might seem a bit further to lift, there is less effort required to lift it, thus disturbing the gun to a lesser extent, which for target disciplines like benchrest can be fundamentally beneficial. Yet on a sporting rifle, I like the three-lug (or three pairs for 6) approach."

360 it is then, brother, sorry to be the bearer of bad news... Back of the bus for you, haha!

If it makes you feel any better, I can keep you posted on when you're 1 week out from having a rifle because that will put you a week behind me, haha!

I would say go with what you want. The extra weeks will go fast. I received a Gen 1.2 for my 1st Vudoo. Didn't get the opportunity to wait for the Gen 2. I just received my Gen 2. Again. Didn't get the opportunity to go to the Gen 3. No complaints. The Gen 1.2 shoots great and just waiting for my gunsmith to finish up with my barreled action. Good luck on whatever you choose. I'm sure it will be a shooter.

Ouch! Well, having ordered a V22 in February with an eta of late April, I saw the announcement about the 360 and jumped on it for no particular reason other than the 60 degree bolt throw. Last week, I watched a YouTube video by “x-ring” where he kind of talked down Timney triggers and that prompted me to email Vudoo. Ended up switching to a Trigger Tech Diamond. Would I have been happy with my original order of the V22...probably. Oh well, Jill at Vudoo was very understanding and I was “lucky” enough that they still hadn’t started my build. They haven’t mentioned anything about my Ace barrel as of yet. I think that means my build may be a ways out still.

I've known about the 360 for quite some time but was not allowed to place the order until it was officially announced, so I'm at the back of the same queue as everyone else.

I run a Terminus Zeus (3-lug), and I just wanted it to be consistent with my rimfire. So I could get a 360, or I could sell my Zeus and 3 barrels, and pick up a Lone Peak and 3 more barrels. The 360 was cheaper :)

I've known about the 360 for quite some time but was not allowed to place the order until it was officially announced, so I'm at the back of the same queue as everyone else.

Puts you in the know before the team shooters. They found out the day before it was announced.

I run a Terminus Zeus (3-lug), and I just wanted it to be consistent with my rimfire. So I could get a 360, or I could sell my Zeus and 3 barrels, and pick up a Lone Peak and 3 more barrels. The 360 was cheaper :)
I had a feeling you knew something was being announced based on comments you have made several times about placing an order for a new Vudoo in the Spring which was probably 2-3 months out at the time.

Converted my order to the 360 when it was announced since the build hadn't started yet. Who knows where I'm at in the queue, but it's worth the wait.

Had to do a zero adjustment today as I got a new set of ARC rings. I also wanted to test the grouping with a brake installed. Just the same brake I shoot for my CF Suppressor to mount to. Shots were at 50 Yards Prone. Shooting SK Rifle Match. Proof is in the pictures for me. No brake or suppressor will be used on the Vudoo for competitions. This rifle only has 163 rounds down the tube.
4F945EF1-B0F7-4B0A-A45D-1D26AFE79BA4.png
8C6FE71C-582E-42BB-8C08-EB2BD51DC088.jpeg
EEC41FC8-918A-4151-ABC0-CD14BA4AA299.jpeg
6D87BB4B-7FB4-4B90-8E29-2A159AA82B3A.jpeg

Finally got my V22 Gen 2 setup. It is everything I knew it would be - right on at 500 Yds, 30 Mils! Most of the vendors I heard about on here, so thanks guys! My wife was wondering about all of these little packages showing up constantly over the past few months. A&J Sporting, Altus Shooting, Area 419, B&T Industries, Cole-Tac, Grey Ops, Mile High, OTM, RRS, Short Action Precision, Wiebad, etc... all great vendor to work with if you haven't heard of them yet.

Now I can't wait for my V360 to get here.

* A couple notes after reading all of the threads here - so far, I have not had a single feeding issue loading into the mag across 4 different mags in my MPA BA Comp Chassis using Center-X, my setup balances fine on a bag with 4 external weights.

Build Specs: 16 lbs with Bipod
20" Kukri Barreled Action with 40 MOA Scope Base
Trigger Tech Diamond
MPA BA Comp Chassis with Grey Ops External Weights
Area 419 - Bolt Knob, Defiance
Wiebad Cheek Pad
Atlas Cal Gen 2 Bipod, RRS BTC-Pro Clamp
Trijicon Accupower FFP MIL 4.5-30 x 56
MPA BA Scope Mount, 0 MOA, 34MM 1.25" - able to dial 27 Mils with 40 MOA base
Vortex 34MM Bubble Level

This is a clone of my Centerfire MPA BA Curtis Custom Axiom with WTO Switch lug... pic is with the 24" MTU 223 Wylde barrel

Attachments

• Vudoo Black 1.JPG
    Vudoo Black 1.JPG
    784.6 KB · Views: 172
  • Vudoo Black  Balance.jpg
    Vudoo Black Balance.jpg
    604 KB · Views: 178
  • Vudoo and Creedmor.jpg
    Vudoo and Creedmor.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 195