• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I complained about the for me sticking bolt. Vudoo‘s advise was to coat the bolt slightly with Lucas gun oil. Skeptical at first I followed the advice and found it makes a big difference. Have just about 500rd through it and been told it will get much better past 1000.

My new 360’s bolt was noticeably sticky too. My CZ457 and Ruger American Rimfire bolts were so much better new out of the box… it was quite a disappointment on the Vudoo. But I added CLP and did Vudoo’s 200-round barrel break-in and the bolt is already noticeably better. I would have expected it better out-of-the box from the factory, though.

Reactions: Schütze
For those of you who have received your Vudoos in the last month, when did you order? I ordered mid March (deposit paid), and paid the full balance in early June. Original eta was 6/29. I asked last week for an update, and was told another 1-2 weeks. This is the pre-three 60 model.

I’m starting to lose patience as it feels production has been prioritized towards the three 60, even for orders placed well before the release.

I'm guessing individual wait times is much more dependent on vendor components that were ordered than it is Gen2 vs Three 60 etc (Trigger, chassis...). Hang in there!

82A42D84-68D6-40BD-92C5-BBAB50E63BFB.jpeg
Took my Bride to a local Bench Rest match with her “purple paper eater”She won the match. Gota love a woman that can shoot 🤪

Last edited:
For those of you who have received your Vudoos in the last month, when did you order? I ordered mid March (deposit paid), and paid the full balance in early June. Original eta was 6/29. I asked last week for an update, and was told another 1-2 weeks. This is the pre-three 60 model.

I’m starting to lose patience as it feels production has been prioritized towards the three 60, even for orders placed well before the release.
I placed my order 28 March 2021 and just got off the phone with JoAnn @ Vudoo, my rifle is shipping today. Yay Me!

Edit Add: My original ETA was 6/28, so you should be getting a call very soon.

Last edited:
On their website, Vudoo states, "You won’t be disappointed…we guarantee it!"

They go on further to say, "We have a customer satisfaction guarantee policy at Vudoo Gun Works. If you are not completely satisfied with your rifle, please contact our customer service team to discuss the options available to you."

That's pretty impressive and contributed to me buying a V22-360 as a shop demo/competition gun and now for several of my clients waiting for the arrival of their Vudoos. But I wonder what happens if you get a rifle that just doesn't perform as well as you think it should, like compared to other rimfire rifles that you have. I suspect what they'd do is offer a barrel swap... does anyone here have experience with that?

On their website, Vudoo states, "You won’t be disappointed…we guarantee it!"

They go on further to say, "We have a customer satisfaction guarantee policy at Vudoo Gun Works. If you are not completely satisfied with your rifle, please contact our customer service team to discuss the options available to you."

That's pretty impressive and contributed to me buying a V22-360 as a shop demo/competition gun and now for several of my clients waiting for the arrival of their Vudoos. But I wonder what happens if you get a rifle that just doesn't perform as well as you think it should, like compared to other rimfire rifles that you have. I suspect what they'd do is offer a barrel swap... does anyone here have experience with that?
Yes sir. I had that exact scenario. Sent the rifle back, they checked it out and swapped the barrel.

My Vudoo V22 Three 60 was delivered today (ordered March 28, 2021). 20" MTU non-threaded barrel with 11º target crown, in an MPA BA Comp Chassis, FDE all over. Picked it up at the FFL, brought it home and got the Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 2 4.5-29x56 mounted on 40MOA base. Atlas CAL bipod with Area 419 ARCA mount and Wiebad cheek pad. Tomorrow it goes to the range for initial zero. Going to put some SK Pistol Match through it, only have one brick of SK Rifle Match, saving that for now.

ETA: It balances about 3/4" in front of the mag well, with bipod folded forward, legs collapsed, no mag, and a Cole-Tac Backbone flat bag and frame.

ETA 2: Warne 34mm Precision Scope Rings MEDIUM 7221M, 1.07"

ETA 3: Trigger Tech Diamond - Pro Curve.

ETA 4: 15# 1.5 oz, with bipod.

Attachments

• Vudoo360.jpg
    Vudoo360.jpg
    744.8 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
These were in the case also, can someone tell me what they're for?

Attachments

• WhatAreThese.jpg
    WhatAreThese.jpg
    627.4 KB · Views: 168
These were in the case also, can someone tell me what they're for?
It’s for the Mpa chassis, screws in front of action screw. It’s suppose to push up against recoil lug. I never use them, just chuck in parts bin.

Reactions: Cowpokey
Going to put some SK Pistol Match through it, only have one brick of SK Rifle Match, saving that for now.

I first used 200 rounds of Wolf Match to break in the barrel (using the Mike Bush suggested break-in method including Boretech Rimfire Blend, nylon brush and bore guide), then tried of several lots of Midas+ and Center-X, as well as different types of SK, plus Eley and RWS. With 580 total rounds through the barrel at this point, it shoots better with SK Long Range Match than it did with SK Pistol Match Special, SK Rifle Match, SK Std Plus, Eley Match, RWS Rifle Match, or the Center-X or Midas+. The closest second was SK Pistol Match Special. FYI, between testing different ammo families, I dry patched the barrel, and then ran 20 rounds of the new to re-season, then shot at least four 5-shot 50-yard groups for measurement. It surprised me... I expected the Lapua branded ammo to do best, especially since I tested it representing four different velocity numbers. The Lapua did best with a lot/velocity number of 275 or 285, giving an average 5-shot 50-yard group size of .84 MOA (ranging from .279" to .573"). The SK Long Range Match gave an average group size of .75 MOA (.303" to .504") over eight 5-shot groups. My Clark Custom 10/22, which only has 480 rounds total through it, has consistently smaller groups than that, using SK Standard Plus. Conditions were ideal, with 72 degrees F, and no measurable wind.

Last edited:
I first used 200 rounds of Wolf Match to break in the barrel (using the Mike Bush suggested break-in method including Boretech Rimfire Blend, nylon brush and bore guide), then tried of several lots of Midas+ and Center-X, as well as different types of SK, plus Eley and RWS. With 580 total rounds through the barrel at this point, it shoots better with SK Long Range Match than it did with SK Pistol Match Special, SK Rifle Match, SK Std Plus, Eley Match, RWS Rifle Match, or the Center-X or Midas+. The closest second was SK Pistol Match Special. FYI, between testing different ammo families, I dry patched the barrel, and then ran 20 rounds of the new to re-season, then shot at least four 5-shot 50-yard groups for measurement. It surprised me... I expected the Lapua branded ammo to do best, especially since I tested it representing four different velocity numbers. The Lapua did best with a lot/velocity number of 275 or 285, giving an average 5-shot 50-yard group size of .84 MOA (ranging from .279" to .573"). The SK Long Range Match gave an average group size of .75 MOA (.303" to .504") over eight 5-shot groups. My Clark Custom 10/22, which only has 480 rounds total through it, has consistently smaller groups than that, using SK Standard Plus. Conditions were ideal, with 72 degrees F, and no measurable wind.
That's some good data! Thanks Panther!!!

In case anyone is wondering; Pelican 1720 case with foam. Half depth of the middle foam for the bolt and bore guide.

For the haters*: scope down from the carry handle...it's surrounded by foam, if damage from a handle breaking off or being dropped would ever happen, the foam protects it just as much either way. :cool:

*if you ever fly with a gun; bolt out and chamber exposed...that way if the TSA makes you open the case for inspection, you don't have to pull it out and "wave a gun around"...you're welcome. 😉

Attachments

• Pelican1720.jpg
    Pelican1720.jpg
    542.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Pelican1720_open.jpg
    Pelican1720_open.jpg
    829.5 KB · Views: 150
To each his own but my scopes are always towards handle. Would rather have any weight dropping on rifle being on bottom than scope. No reason to have it down bottom.

ETA and just go shoot it. Don’t stress “break in”. Try different ammo and put a 1000 rounds through it and by then it will be “broken in”. Lol

To each his own but my scopes are always towards handle. Would rather have any weight dropping on rifle being on bottom than scope. No reason to have it down bottom.

ETA and just go shoot it. Don’t stress “break in”. Try different ammo and put a 1000 rounds through it and by then it will be “broken in”. Lol
The buttstock is toward the wheels. I'd rather have the stock down, than the barrel down, with the scope supporting the weight in that way. Scopes aren't as "delicate" as people think, the barrel and stock support the weight with it scope down too.

The buttstock is toward the wheels. I'd rather have the stock down, than the barrel down, with the scope supporting the weight in that way. Scopes aren't as "delicate" as people think, the barrel and stock support the weight with it scope down too.

Why worry about the barrel down? The padding is there to protect it. Lol As I said to each his own but you can have it both ways and have butt towards wheels and stock up. That’s how mine are.

And scopes are the most delicate part of the system and should be protected the most.

• Haha
Why worry about the barrel down? The padding is there to protect it. Lol As I said to each his own but you can have it both ways and have butt towards wheels and stock up. That’s how mine are.

And scopes are the most delicate part of the system and should be protected the most.
Butt down and scope up would mean chamber down. When I'm flying I want chamber up...barrel down, chamber and scope up wouldn't be bad in that situation.

Chamber up or down has never been an issue when I have flown especially with bolt out. My rifles have always been in cases like pic below and no issues at airports. But how you do yours is up to you.
4BFE6AEB-85E4-4565-95FF-E99134B08FEE.jpeg

Reactions: Halen and Cowpokey
In case anyone is wondering; Pelican 1720 case with foam. Half depth of the middle foam for the bolt and bore guide.

For the haters*: scope down from the carry handle...it's surrounded by foam, if damage from a handle breaking off or being dropped would ever happen, the foam protects it just as much either way. :cool:

*if you ever fly with a gun; bolt out and chamber exposed...that way if the TSA makes you open the case for inspection, you don't have to pull it out and "wave a gun around"...you're welcome. 😉
How did you cut the foam half depth for the bolt and bore guide. Did you cut it totally out, cut that piece in half and insert the half piece back in?

How did you cut the foam half depth for the bolt and bore guide. Did you cut it totally out, cut that piece in half and insert the half piece back in?
I cut the piece out, then sliced it down the middle and used a HOT* glue gun to put the half thick piece back in. Glue is in the cut, so it can't be seen top or bottom.

Last edited:
Y'all ever seen them load an airplane? They don't give one shit whether it is down, up, or broken. I think the actually "TRY" to break your luggage.
I agree with this, I don’t think you can predict what orientation a case would be in if it fell, making the whole thing moot. Plus the force should be evenly distributed by the foam. I just have things upright when the case is opened.

Y'all ever seen them load an airplane? They don't give one shit whether it is down, up, or broken. I think the actually "TRY" to break your luggage.

Many times and a majority grab by the handle and it’s laid down on the belt going into the plane. Another reason I leave a good amount of padding up near the handle also to protect the scope even with the scope up orientation.

My Vudoo V22 Three 60 was delivered today (ordered March 28, 2021). 20" MTU non-threaded barrel with 11º target crown, in an MPA BA Comp Chassis, FDE all over. Picked it up at the FFL, brought it home and got the Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 2 4.5-29x56 mounted on 40MOA base. Atlas CAL bipod with Area 419 ARCA mount and Wiebad cheek pad. Tomorrow it goes to the range for initial zero. Going to put some SK Pistol Match through it, only have one brick of SK Rifle Match, saving that for now.

ETA: It balances about 3/4" in front of the mag well, with bipod folded forward, legs collapsed, no mag, and a Cole-Tac Backbone flat bag and frame.

ETA 2: Warne 34mm Precision Scope Rings MEDIUM 7221M, 1.07"

ETA 3: Trigger Tech Diamond - Pro Curve.

ETA 4: 15# 1.5 oz, with bipod.
Good looking rifle. Give us a range report when you have time.

Good looking rifle. Give us a range report when you have time.
Got to the outdoor range today. Tested it at 50, 75 & 100 yards. SK Pistol Match was decent, SK Rifle Match, not so much. 20 lanes, all full, most people shooting ARs and AKs, I think I was the only one with a .22lr...had a guy with an AR-10 on the bench to my left the whole time I was there. Muzzle brake blew my hat off...so it wasn't ideal.

10 round groups today. Red boxes for each distance 50, 75, 100 yards…red circles were SK Rifle Match, green circle was the first three rounds for zero at 50…disregard. Everything else was SK Pistol Match.

The SK Pistol Match was pretty decent…all things considered. The SK Rifle match was not very good, it wasn’t as good as CCI-SV through my 10/22 Target last fall either. Maybe it’s just not a very good “lot” of SK-RM.

Overall a pretty fun morning, wind was 0-2 mph from the right (260º West), 72º F, Pressure 29.88, humidity 80%...according to the Kestrel 5700 Elite.

Magneto Speed V3 wouldn't register any shots...working on figuring that out.

Attachments

• ElkNeck.jpg
    ElkNeck.jpg
    655.9 KB · Views: 89
Got to the outdoor range today. Tested it at 50, 75 & 100 yards. SK Pistol Match was decent, SK Rifle Match, not so much. 20 lanes, all full, most people shooting ARs and AKs, I think I was the only one with a .22lr...had a guy with an AR-10 on the bench to my left the whole time I was there. Muzzle brake blew my hat off...so it wasn't ideal.

10 round groups today. Red boxes for each distance 50, 75, 100 yards…red circles were SK Rifle Match, green circle was the first three rounds for zero at 50…disregard. Everything else was SK Pistol Match.

The SK Pistol Match was pretty decent…all things considered. The SK Rifle match was not very good, it wasn’t as good as CCI-SV through my 10/22 Target last fall either. Maybe it’s just not a very good “lot” of SK-RM.

Overall a pretty fun morning, wind was 0-2 mph from the right (260º West), 72º F, Pressure 29.88, humidity 80%...according to the Kestrel 5700 Elite.

Sensitivity 6 has been the answer for me with the Magneto.

My scribbles in the notebook today...It makes sense to me, probably looks like hell to everyone else.

Attachments

• scribbles.jpg
    scribbles.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 78

Thanks for the report.

Adjusted the Magneto Speed to "6", works great. 100 rounds though the tube at the indoor range today. Zero didn't change. 1082 average FPS for SK Pistol Match out of my 20" Ace MTU barrel. SK Rifle Match averaged 1078 FPS.

Picked up my 360 today. In fact, it came into my FFL a day early!

Using Eley Tenex, the first 25 rds x 2 ragged hole at 50 yards. A fantastic rifle!

22" MTU Bartlein, 30 MOA rail, ZCO, Foundation Centurion

However...
@RAVAGE88 - I purchased 4 12rd and 15rd aluminum magazines and none of them fit into the Vudoo dbm. Not even close or sorta-snug-fit. Just does not enter the hole at all. Plastic magazines work great, though! I'll send an email, too.

Sx8NWBS.jpg
DliUnzm.jpg
OANIt45.jpg

I got an email yesterday that my build will be another 2 weeks due to some part just becoming available. Mind you I was told that the build was to start a month ago, as all parts were ready. We are now looking at 5 plus months since the order was placed and deposit was paid, and 2.5 months since I paid the full balance. I sure hope it is worth it, as I’m considering just selling it when it comes in.

Gen 2 with a 22” MTU barrel and 40 MOA base in sniper gray. No changes since first order was placed.

Reactions: Badjujuu
Adjusted the Magneto Speed to "6", works great. 100 rounds though the tube at the indoor range today. Zero didn't change. 1082 average FPS for SK Pistol Match out of my 20" Ace MTU barrel. SK Rifle Match averaged 1078 FPS.
What was the standard deviation (SD) and extreme spread (ES) for each lot?

Using Eley Tenex, the first 25 rds x 2 ragged hole at 50 yards. A fantastic rifle!

However...
@RAVAGE88 - I purchased 4 12rd and 15rd aluminum magazines and none of them fit into the Vudoo dbm. Not even close or sorta-snug-fit. Just does not enter the hole at all. Plastic magazines work great, though! I'll send an email, too.

Sx8NWBS.jpg
DliUnzm.jpg
OANIt45.jpg

Hmm, i had the exact opposite experience. All mine (plastic and aluminum) all were sloppy in their dBm....

@Masojoh - my last order was placed 01NOV20 and I received shipment notification 28APR21. ..with couple changes on my 22" LH MTU...(barrel length and threads/no threads)..

However...

Sx8NWBS.jpg
DliUnzm.jpg
OANIt45.jpg
I had the same mag fitment issue with the Vudoo DBM as well. Plastic mags insert and drop free with no excessive force needed and no movement once inserted. The aluminum mags initially required quite a bit of force to insert and remove. I now have them broken in where you can insert with no force, but they do not drop free requiring a slight pull to remove. Between the anodizing on the aluminum mags and the cerakote on the DBM, the fitment improves over time with use.

Reactions: NiteQwill