• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Thanks littlepod, here is a link to the manual for the insomniacs in the crowd.

In it I found the answer(sort of) to my one remaining question. The bar graphs on the right of some of the pages are the 'ring value distribution'. I assume that would be the rings of an established and sanctioned target, likely popular in Germany/Europe. Can anybody share some light on that one?

I'd also be interested in opinions on the usefulness/utility of DHH. It seems to me to be pretty irrelevant. I use distance to center of each shot and standard deviation of same. In order to be anywhere near competitive my system has to shoot such that the average distance to center plus two SD's stays inside my 10 ring. This is not a common occurrence for me.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
@Taqwin

I do not know. I purchased the barreled action from Altus and they did not specify.

@littlepod

The comments were from the tester. My favorite is ES (Extreme Spread) Accuracy, that is specifying a circle of a given diameter around the AP and keeping all the shots, either using best edge scoring, center of the bullet hole or worst edge scoring within/on the circle. However, the Lapua Test Center only does ES Precision Testing but that is the next best test to ES Accuracy Testing. I purchased a case of the preferred X-Act with goal of consistently shooting 0.3 milrad groups at 200yd with various support systems, bipod and tactical rear bag on bench, small tripod with ball head on bench, large tripod on ground, etc.

As I understand it, Lapua manufactures a lot of 22LR ammunition and then tests it. Those lots with the most consistency are sold as X-Act, next consistency Midas and least consistency Center-X. It would be interesting to know what statistical measures are used but variance in muzzle velocity must be one. The head stamp is the same for Center-X, Midas and X-Act. Since there are no environmental effects at my range for the times I shoot, accuracy comes down to variance in muzzle velocity and marksmanship.

My opinion on DHH is that it tells you how big the average shift is between shots. I could see that being useful in a benchrest match to make subtle hold corrections. When I look at my 100 yard groups, you can assume that the shots “walked” a certain direction as they were fired. I looked at that manual, and the software is capable of printing the order of the shots, but I suspect it would make the graph too busy, and not helpful for most.

Good luck to anyone who decides to head this path. I hope that my experience and the experiences shared by others here can help get the most out of your Vudoo (or any other rifle you choose to test). I have several thousand rounds of ammo from when I thought I would do my own lot testing. I should have just saved my money.

Reactions: Badjujuu
As I understand it, Lapua manufactures a lot of 22LR ammunition and then tests it. Those lots with the most consistency are sold as X-Act, next consistency Midas and least consistency Center-X. It would be interesting to know what statistical measures are used but variance in muzzle velocity must be one. The head stamp is the same for Center-X, Midas and X-Act. Since there are no environmental effects at my range for the times I shoot, accuracy comes down to variance in muzzle velocity and marksmanship.

That is what I believe also. Center-X, Midas, and X-Act are all made from the same components on the same machines. Each lot is tested to determine what box it goes in. Given that there are barrel to barrel variations in ammo performance this explains why a marginal X-Act lot could easily be outdone by a top Center-X lot.

This is a good place to add that I think SK does the same thing with their lines. ie.Rifle Match, Standard Plus, Pistol Match .... Long Range Match, Biathlon Sport, Pistol Match Special .... Flatnose Match, Flatnose Basic.

The million dollar question is what do they do when things go really well for them and they get an overstock of the higher end product ... I bet some Midas worthy lots get stuffed in Center-X boxes. Hmmm ... I wonder.

Reactions: ccollier
For those of you getting barrels cut not by vudoo.......what chamber is everyone going with?

Hey all, my Vudoo Three60 has a liking for RWS R50. Is there a different follower that suits the RWS bullet shape? I have the red follower now and it feeds 90% of the time but I get a few feeding issues. Just seems to be a bit more picky with feed angle in the mag then SK.

I'd have never thought a mag fed rimfire would be capable of shoot groups in the .1s and .2s at 50m with consistency until I got this rig. Its crazy good. MB, you did good work mate. Thanks :)

Nice! How long did chassis take to get from Delta mate? Have a 360 on the way and was thinking the same.
They are in stock now man, the AICS AXSR. Have been on the shelf for a couple of months. Black, Elite Sand (what I got) and Dark Earth!

• Wow
Reactions: Heffo
For those wondering what a clean barrel looks like -

The Boretech Carbon Remover is the way to do it.

My process
1. 3 wet patches of Rimfire Blend
2. 15 strokes of Nylon Brush
3. 3 wet patches of Boretech C4
4. 15 strokes of Nylon Brush
5. 1 wet patch of C4
6. 1 Swab-it soaked in C4, sit in chamber for 30 min.
7. 15 strokes of Nylon Brush
8. 1 wet patch of C4
9. Dry patch until dry.

Sheared the bolt stop off my Vudoo 360 with just under 2000 rounds. I think I run the bolt firm but by no means hard. Attached is a link to an Instagram video of me running the bolt. Has his happened to anyone else?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSAN6IBJe_e/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
2FB8FE57-6569-4640-B9E1-5901F9B64C04.jpeg

Last edited:
For those wondering what a clean barrel looks like -

The Boretech Carbon Remover is the way to do it.

My process
1. 3 wet patches of Rimfire Blend
2. 15 strokes of Nylon Brush
3. 3 wet patches of Boretech C4
4. 15 strokes of Nylon Brush
5. 1 wet patch of C4
6. 1 Swab-it soaked in C4, sit in chamber for 30 min.
7. 15 strokes of Nylon Brush
8. 1 wet patch of C4
9. Dry patch until dry.
I can barely last 7-9 strokes. 45 strokes is like a month's worth. 🥸

Went out to the range today to confirm dope and take time on paper. Also took time to do all the proper natural point of aim, follow through etc to try to get a decent set of 50yd groups. The freshly cleaned and lubed 360 felt great. Really smooth feeding and shot well. The one larger group, I rushed since they were going to call cease fire for target change and I wanted to fit the group in.
View attachment 7714410

I checked my kestrel and dope out to 200 and it is within .05mils which is good. Slight left to right wind. Kestel called for 7.34mils and I dialed 7.3mil.

View attachment 7714411

My 24xx lot shoots well enough for me to use until it's done. Chronoing at 1055. 2mils to 103yds, 7.3 mils to 200 yds. 50yd zero.
7 mils for me at 200m, 1.9 mils at 100m - thats with Midas+ out of a 20” barrel. 8.7 mils at 228m. I set the MV in the Kestrel to 1085 even though it chrono’d higher. Zeroed at 50M. 8000 ft. elevation.

Last edited:
Sheared the bolt stop off my Vudoo 360 with just under 2000 rounds. I think I run the bolt firm but by no means hard. Attached is a link to an Instagram video of me running the bolt. Has his happened to anyone else?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSAN6IBJe_e/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_linkView attachment 7723416

is that glued in? There is a dark spot in the center of the bolt stop. Just wondering what that is. I am sure Vudoo will take care of you. Have you reached out to them?

How far are you fellas screwing in your firing pin after disassembly and reassembly of your 2nd gen bolts?

I had light primer strikes after cleaning mine and had to disassemble on the firing line during site in and turn the firing pin out several turns to get it to fire.

The last time I disassembled and cleaned I was able to turn the firing pin all the way back in without light strikes.

How far are you fellas screwing in your firing pin after disassembly and reassembly of your 2nd gen bolts?

I had light primer strikes after cleaning mine and had to disassemble on the firing line during site in and turn the firing pin out several turns to get it to fire.

The last time I disassembled and cleaned I was able to turn the firing pin all the way back in without light strikes.

I've never taken apart my bolt lol. I don't know how (I do have a Gen 1.2). I just clean the face of it and call it good.

Reactions: JohnTheFisherman

I have mine just ONE turn out. But I had reshaped the firing pin face to look more like a benchrest gun style.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
is that glued in? There is a dark spot in the center of the bolt stop. Just wondering what that is. I am sure Vudoo will take care of you. Have you reached out to them?
No, it’s a machined piece that sheared off. Go Big Tactical who I bought the barreled action from already contacted Vudoo and a new one is in the mail.

Reactions: Williwaw
@Harry_19

Sorry about your rifle, that's really strange and you're the first case I've heard of that it happened to. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

I'm kinda concerned you're seeing such metal on metal contact in circled locations.

I got 2 Vudoos and one has easily over 6k rounds thru it and the other bit over 1k and I'm not experiencing such wear out in same locations.

Maybe the 360s are build differently...

I got one on order so this kinda concerns me....

And maybe it's just cosmetic and i shouldn't lose any sleep over it .....

Screenshot_20211020-171343_Chrome.jpg

20211020_171154.jpg

20211020_171221.jpg

@Harry_19

Sorry about your rifle, that's really strange and you're the first case I've heard of that it happened to. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

I'm kinda concerned you're seeing such metal on metal contact in circled locations.

I got 2 Vudoos and one has easily over 6k rounds thru it and the other bit over 1k and I'm not experiencing such wear out in same locations.

Maybe the 360s are build differently...

I got one on order so this kinda concerns me....

And maybe it's just cosmetic and i shouldn't lose any sleep over it .....

View attachment 7724944

View attachment 7724945

View attachment 7724946
Those are not wear marks, that is some Frog Lube Paste which I use to lube the bolt. 👍

I've read this thread from first to last and ordered my Three60 last Thursday! Can't wait for March to get here!!! :) BTW, (and I sure everyone here already knows this but) JoAnn is THE nicest person you will ever talk to and made me that much happier about ordering a Vudoo!

Question for you all, I got a Vudoo 16” kukri profile barreled action that I am trying to decide what to put it in. I am looking for light weight as this is mainly a long range ground squirrel and pest bird rig. I will be shooting suppressed exclusively and am debating between an XLR magnesium chassis or a Grayboe Phoenix stock. The XLR is a little heavier but has more adjustability and an Arca rail built in. The Phoenix is lighter and in my opinion looks better. Which would you guys go with? I am starting to really lean toward the Phoenix for the weight, look and price ( I can get it for about $150 less than the XLR Chassis). Do you think my barreled action will make the rifle really unbalanced since it would be so light in the back? I don’t care if it is a little unbalanced but I don’t want it crazy unbalanced. Any thoughts?

Question for you all, I got a Vudoo 16” kukri profile barreled action that I am trying to decide what to put it in. I am looking for light weight as this is mainly a long range ground squirrel and pest bird rig. I will be shooting suppressed exclusively and am debating between an XLR magnesium chassis or a Grayboe Phoenix stock. The XLR is a little heavier but has more adjustability and an Arca rail built in. The Phoenix is lighter and in my opinion looks better. Which would you guys go with? I am starting to really lean toward the Phoenix for the weight, look and price ( I can get it for about $150 less than the XLR Chassis). Do you think my barreled action will make the rifle really unbalanced since it would be so light in the back? I don’t care if it is a little unbalanced but I don’t want it crazy unbalanced. Any thoughts?

I've never seen a 16" kukri front heavy on anything, so I don't think you'll have a problem. And the difference between the Phoenix and the XLR is like 2oz? The 4.0 magnesium w/ a MDT grip, and the carbon bag rider and a thumbstop -

1635113447629.png

The phoenix might look nicer, but I'd choose the XLR to have the flexibility of adjustments and I'd like arca as all my bipods are arca and I can run it on my tripod as well.

I'm digging the XLR element 4, aluminum.
18" kukri here...
PXL_20211023_185513712.MP.jpg

I've never seen a 16" kukri front heavy on anything, so I don't think you'll have a problem. And the difference between the Phoenix and the XLR is like 2oz? The 4.0 magnesium w/ a MDT grip, and the carbon bag rider and a thumbstop -

View attachment 7727574

The phoenix might look nicer, but I'd choose the XLR to have the flexibility of adjustments and I'd like arca as all my bipods are arca and I can run it on my tripod as well.
Very good points, the only thing that is keeping me back from that Carbon stock is that it makes the whole set up $200 more than the Phoenix and they are adjustable for length of pull. So if I went with their TR-2 stock it would be 6oz heavier. You think it is worth it even with these draw backs? How do you like yours? It looks awesome!

Very good points, the only thing that is keeping me back from that Carbon stock is that it makes the whole set up $200 more than the Phoenix and they are adjustable for length of pull. So if I went with their TR-2 stock it would be 6oz heavier. You think it is worth it even with these draw backs? How do you like yours? It looks awesome!
I never adjust my length of pull. I'm fine with it at the 13.75". If you want something else there are spacers you can get with the shorter 12.5" carbon butt stock.

It's a light set up which is fun for what it is. I primarily compete with my envy pro. The ergos feel the same with the thumb rest and grip.

Very nice! How do you like the butt stock? What is your weight?
Not sure on total weight TBH, and I do have x3 envy weights in the forend for balance.
I like the metal butt stock, for my short lop @ 12.75", and some cant adjustment, very adjustable. I have no weights in the rear.
I chose the E4 because I have an Envy JV Pro that XLR worked over for me and I've enjoyed the ergos.

So a question for the Vudoo owners. Planning on putting an ARCA rail on mine. I have twov obvious (to me) choices. The Area 419 ARCALOCK 12″ M-LOK Rail or the Sawtooth Rifles dovetail rail for the Grayboe Ridgeback. Anybody running either one. Full disclosure, I'm not really down with the rail sticking out past the end of the rifle. Aesthetics I guess?

Last edited:
So a question for the Vudoo owners. Planning on putting an ARCA rail on mine. I have twov obvious (to me) choices. The Area 419 ARCALOCK 12″ M-LOK Rail or the Sawtooth Rifles dovetail rail for the Grayboe Ridgeback. Anybody running either one. Full disclosure, I'm not really down with the rail sticking out past the end of the rifle. Aesthetics I guess?
Two questions for you.

If shooting tripod are you likely to lock the rifle in with a head or shoot off a table and bag?

On something like a small rock or tire. Will you pull the bipod way up towards the rail and use rear bag, or use one bag up front?

Full arca gives you a ton of options, but I find that a small section up front for the bipod, then leaving an open spot in the rear for the bag works best with my shooting style.

Reactions: nikonNUT
The Sawtooth Arca rail extends like 1.5” past the Grayboe forend but I can assure you it is very stout. It looks seamless.

What stock are you using? The MLok is for stock with that like AR style but some bolt guns. The universal would be what you should look at to add to a standard stock. I have a 12” on my Vudoo and it goes right to the end of my Manners PRS stock. Would most likely be the best if you wanted to keep yours there. I also have 14” on my other rifles with the small hangover. Doesn’t get in the way and sometimes is nice to have that extra room if running a plate and bag and bipod. I only got the 12” on the Vudoo because the 14” was sold out at the time.

F800AD62-370A-4B83-A2C0-B9B0C6BED7F8.jpeg

@JBoomhauer All of the above? None of the above? I do have RRS clamps on my bipods so it seems like the logical mounting system 🤷‍♂️

The Sawtooth Arca rail extends like 1.5” past the Grayboe forend but I can assure you it is very stout. It looks seamless.
I do like the Sawtooth mounting set-up and how it replaces the M-Lok plates... I'mma try it!
What stock are you using? The MLok is for stock with that like AR style but some bolt guns. The universal would be what you should look at to add to a standard stock. I have a 12” on my Vudoo and it goes right to the end of my Manners PRS stock. Would most likely be the best if you wanted to keep yours there. I also have 14” on my other rifles with the small hangover. Doesn’t get in the way and sometimes is nice to have that extra room if running a plate and bag and bipod. I only got the 12” on the Vudoo because the 14” was sold out at the time.

View attachment 7730692
Thank you for the picture sir! Sharp looking rifle BTW :) I "will" be running a Grayboe Ridgeback so I'll try the Sawtooth version and live with the overhang for the moment. Makes it look PRS-cool right? :LOL: I don't think the squirrels will care but maybe they'll stay put checking out the gear! I bet a pic rail would work fine but I like the quick adjustability, the flat bottom for resting on a bag, and that it makes a nice bash plate for the rifle as well!

Last edited:
I suggested that because the 4” rails are easier to find without the hangover and work better for my shooting style.

Another great looking rifle! I see what you are saying about a shorter section but is the whole bottom of your chassis flat? I honestly can't tell (damn these old eyes!) I am going to try the Sawtooth version and if it doesn't jive with what I want I can always get an MDT 8" ARCA section easily enough. Honestly this is a bit of a gear experiment for me!

Another great looking rifle! I see what you are saying about a shorter section but is the whole bottom of your chassis flat? I honestly can't tell (damn these old eyes!) I am going to try the Sawtooth version and if it doesn't jive with what I want I can always get an MDT 8" ARCA section easily enough. Honestly this is a bit of a gear experiment for me!
This chassis is flat but not wide and flat. I’ll send a close up. It is more than stable enough for its intended purpose. This build is for NRL Hunter matches and actual hunting where I expect a longer shot.