• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I really like my V-22, and the fact that it has 90* bolt throw doesn't make me like it any less. While Mike & Paul's bolts have lugs that have a different shape than the original 40X lugs, it doesn't change the fact that when you've got two lugs on a bolt that are 180* apart, you're going to have to turn the bolt handle 90* to seat & un-seat those lugs to close or open the bolt.

I cut the threads on my 40X & XB bbls as per the SWR drawing you referenced, because at the time, the Spectre II was the only RF suppressor I owned, and I was very happy with it. However, I bought a TBAC 22TD after building my V-22, and so cut the threads on its Krieger to TBAC's specs. Since then, I've used the Spectre II on the V-22 quite a bit while waiting on the tax stamp for the 22TD to arrive, and it works just fine on those straight threads that don't have the smooth forward portion. I haven't seen any wear or tear on the Spectre II's O-rings because of this, so I wouldn't worry about whether they'll cut the SWR-spec threads or not.

I understand. That print wasn't the best visual. I'm after the O-ring engagement at the muzzle end of the threads.

Here's a better example.

https://www.store.silencerco.com/products/rimfire-adapters?variant=1107305868

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the threads, as that's the question I get most when it comes to muzzle threads and suppressors. I believe, dimensionally, our current muzzle convention will work, as it's similar to the Silencerco print. I'll play around with it in SolidWorks and if there's a chance it's close, I'll write a muzzle program specific to the print.

MB

My V22 18in. arrived on Saturday and a KRG Bravo will be here on Wednesday. I should be able to stretch it out this weekend.

I would really like pictures of this and your thoughts on the bravo with the 18 inch.

That is pretty much my plan along with my TBAC takedown .22 CN.

the pic with the threads showing is after ~1500 rounds, it's good to go. there is no build up. ive had threads without the o-ring engagement and it can get nasty quick.

the other pic is showing the inside view of the engagement. that can is still brand new, never fired.

Attachments

• KIMG1647.JPG
    KIMG1647.JPG
    305.3 KB · Views: 187
  • KIMG1646.JPG
    KIMG1646.JPG
    276.2 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Well I just had to shoot it yesterday and after getting a zero at 50yds and tested several lots of Eley and Lapua, Well damn it shot everything very well ! The best was a lot of ELEY that I used in my prone Anschutz a few years back. I went from 50yds to 100 and then to 200 and we had a 3/4 IPSC set up at 320yds. Once I got the drop figured it was hard not to miss. When the wind did not move the bullet, we were able to keep baseball to softball size groups. The rifle is simply awesome and super accurate ! And there goes all of my ammo. Glad I only have one mag. Going to try 400-500yds this weekend.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Shot a little this evening and got some data to 400yds. We were able to get 100% hits at 400yds using Eley 22 Match ammo. 300yds was not even a challenge to get good consistent impacts. Tried to get out to 500 but I may have to do a little more ammo testing. I was using Eley 10x and me thinks that the tip design is not good for that long range. I’ll try the conventional Eley and report back. 398B3114-DC6F-41C6-8747-74F5B9A9EB47.jpeg

Everything varies based on what you want. Give them a call during the week and you can get everything answered along with leadtimes very quickly. My order of a Apparition a few weeks ago was 8 weeks out.

Ordered a lefty with a 20" MTU Bartlein, also 8 weeks lead time...

Shot a little this evening and got some data to 400yds. We were able to get 100% hits at 400yds using Eley 22 Match ammo. 300yds was not even a challenge to get good consistent impacts. Tried to get out to 500 but I may have to do a little more ammo testing. I was using Eley 10x and me thinks that the tip design is not good for that long range. I’ll try the conventional Eley and report back.

Litz measured the B.C. Of Tenex at 0.156. Depending on your muzzle velocity and air density, you could be looking at dialing up 27 mils or more. Where were you at 400 yards?

That's 18.5 mil ... twice what my .308 needs at 1000 yards. You'd need close to 87.5 MOA for 500 yards.

I'm shooting the ELR in MT and my math says the same thing. I'm setting the DEFTI V-22 up for 600 yard shots, which means, a few 60 MOA rails for the Vudoo crew.

MB

Swapped my XLR out for an MPA, and couldn’t be happier! The XLR didn’t like the mags, but the MPA has no problems at all. Smooth as silk. And the Triggertech Diamond definitely didn’t hurt the shooting!
A week after receiving my barreled action, I finally was able to go out and shoot yesterday.
Spent some time to get sighted in and line up the scope and then played around with different ammo. I normally start off with CCI STD velocity, as I have so much of it, but I just couldn’t bring my self to do it today. I went straight to the Eley Match EPS (Remington stuff), because everything else I was going to try was SK.
The Eley was the best of the day even as first shots. I shot some STD+, PM, RM, and some Basic Fat Nose. I will shoot some Center-x later today and see how it does. Everything shot extremely consistently, and was easily the most consistent rifle I have shot. I have mostly shot CZs and still love the ones I have, but this one was more consistent across all these same lots of ammo. The ammo groupings and consistency today were basically right in line with the price of the ammo. Surprising the STD+ didn’t shoot as well as it has in my CZs, so I look forward to trying it out again today.
I will have to take it easier today. Eye fatigue was kicking in pretty good yesterday, so I have to do better at being easier in the eyes today.

Attachments

• A16DC1DA-9FA9-4A83-B76A-559935DD5214.jpeg
    A16DC1DA-9FA9-4A83-B76A-559935DD5214.jpeg
    297.2 KB · Views: 145
Swapped my XLR out for an MPA, and couldn’t be happier! The XLR didn’t like the mags, but the MPA has no problems at all. Smooth as silk. And the Triggertech Diamond definitely didn’t hurt the shooting!
A week after receiving my barreled action, I finally was able to go out and shoot yesterday.
Spent some time to get sighted in and line up the scope and then played around with different ammo. I normally start off with CCI STD velocity, as I have so much of it, but I just couldn’t bring my self to do it today. I went straight to the Eley Match EPS (Remington stuff), because everything else I was going to try was SK.
The Eley was the best of the day even as first shots. I shot some STD+, PM, RM, and some Basic Fat Nose. I will shoot some Center-x later today and see how it does. Everything shot extremely consistently, and was easily the most consistent rifle I have shot. I have mostly shot CZs and still love the ones I have, but this one was more consistent across all these same lots of ammo. The ammo groupings and consistency today were basically right in line with the price of the ammo. Surprising the STD+ didn’t shoot as well as it has in my CZs, so I look forward to trying it out again today.
I will have to take it easier today. Eye fatigue was kicking in pretty good yesterday, so I have to do better at being easier in the eyes today.

Awesome! Glad you got it up and running, reach out anytime if you have questions.

MB

There have been a few questions about our Tac DBM. The short answer is, yes, we have another version without the Oberndorf style release.

MB

Reactions: deltawiskey
Will this new design allow triggers with the external adjustment to be accessed without having to remove the action from the stock?

Actually, I don't know. What trigger do you have in mind? I can check and see....

MB

Mine has the Triggertech primary in it now, and to adjust it down to the 1.5 setting the adjustment screw presses against the BM to the point that it changed the way the action set in the stock.

Mine has the Triggertech primary in it now, and to adjust it down to the 1.5 setting the adjustment screw presses against the BM to the point that it changed the way the action set in the stock.

Gotcha. Is it our Gen 1 DBM you're seeing this with?

MB

Litz measured the B.C. Of Tenex at 0.156. Depending on your muzzle velocity and air density, you could be looking at dialing up 27 mils or more. Where were you at 400 yards?

I had 0.115 for a BC so I was way off. But I just had to watch dirt impacts and corrected from there. I have the 20MOA rail and will need to get a 30 soon. Love this .22 ! My Anschutz found a new home today. Going to miss that rifle. I made NRA Master with that gun in 6-7 months.

Day two of shooting my new Vudoo today, with less sighting in and testing, but instead playing. I posted in the other thread too but depending on who reads each...

This is easily the most fun I’ve ever had shooting. I said a while back that the reason I broke down and purchased it was because of all the people saying how fun theirs have been to shoot. I purchased it knowing that I can find something cheaper, but I have never had this much fun with anything cheaper.

The consistency I experienced across 6 different ammos the last two days has been amazing. I was able to play games while shooting and for the most part, it didn’t matter which ammo I was shooting. After a shot, I knew where the next ones were going, and they pretty much went there. No other rifle I have shot has been as consistent/precise. The misses are much tighter. My other rifles with the same ammo don’t hold the same one hole groups this has held the last couple days.

And the mags!!! So much easier to insert!!! With my CZs, I am usually fishing around in my stocks trying to find the hole and the right angle even with extended 10 round mags, but these are so much easier. If I was a competitor, this would make a big difference, if swapping mags was important.

Big thanks to the Vudoo team.

Last edited:

Were you using a generic Remington 700 footprint XLR chassis when you had the magazine problem? I was planning on getting an XLR chassis to match my centerfire but now I am having second thoughts.

Reactions: SargeantQ
Shooting groups on these can get boring and the range next to my office is paper only. So if I don't want to drive or shoot at lunch, paper it is. I made a 8.5x11 dot drip for the 22LR to help keep me having fun.. Works at 50 works or whatever you have, write down your sequence first, then try to remember them under time pressure.

• Shoot all one color Each color has 10 circles.
  • Shoot Color combinations
  • Shoot Number combinations
  • Shoot only letters
  • Shoot only even - 10 shots at the top
  • Shoot only odd - 10 shots at the top
  • Shoot every 3 or 5th or 10th number - whatever
  • At the bottom of the page under the doted line. Try to shoot the 20 rounds in the proper sequence with a mag reload - do it up and down
  • Shoot the above items in a round robin as groups
  • Have your friend call targets under time, like a classic dot drill
Mix it up.. PDF file attached, prints on any color printer. Circles are .5" if printed 100% on 8.5x11 paper.
View attachment 6912193
I stole this to put on the Vudoo website. Hope that is ok?

Reactions: Diver160651
Were you using a generic Remington 700 footprint XLR chassis when you had the magazine problem? I was planning on getting an XLR chassis to match my centerfire but now I am having second thoughts.

The Element has been spot on for all the builds we have done. for some reason the Envy mag release is different so it caused some minor issues.

Currently planning my build and I am coming into a cross way to go.

KRG Bravo or the Ravage with the Renegade stock? The renegade will be "Upgraded" to the KMW adjustable cheek piece.

I currently use a manners T6 on my creedmoor and do not care for aluminum chassis guns.

What do you guys think?

I was. It was a Carbon. The front of the mags were a little too wide to insert. The guys at Vudoo were super responsive, as several of them answered my questions over the weekend. They said they had never had issues with that model but there were versions of the Envy that have had issues in a prior version (I think is what they said). They told me how I could modify the mags to make it work, but it gave me an excuse to get the chassis I really wanted, the MPA.

Currently planning my build and I am coming into a cross way to go.

KRG Bravo or the Ravage with the Renegade stock? The renegade will be "Upgraded" to the KMW adjustable cheek piece.

I currently use a manners T6 on my creedmoor and do not care for aluminum chassis guns.

What do you guys think?

With the KRG Bravo stock you will need to do a little work on the mag well. The Vudoo mags fit really tight. There is also some flex to the stock seeing the skins are plastic. I noticed this more up front when slung. I like the feel of the stock a lot however I just put my Vudoo in a Ridgeback and couldn't be happier.

The Apparition arrived this past Friday, and went to its first competition on Sunday. I can say without a doubt the rifle is not holding me back, just my ability to properly read wind. Took first place in bullseye sporter division with a 711/750. My first score over 700, it's a great feeling having the bullets go where you are expecting.

20" Kukri Barrel
MPA Comp Chassis Tungsten
Trigger Tech Diamond @10oz
Vortex HST 6-24
Atlas Bipod

fetch