• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Mike, I wasn't thinking of old Redfield style open peep sights but that's not a bad idea. What I had in mind is 50yd rim fire benchrest, and using Davidson style bases with standard scope rings. Thanks, douglas

Mike, I wasn't thinking of old Redfield style open peep sights but that's not a bad idea. What I had in mind is 50yd rim fire benchrest, and using Davidson style bases with standard scope rings. Thanks, douglas

There are Davidson bases available that match our hole spacing, so we can easily delete the rail.

MB

I'm considering this action for a squirrel rifle project. It all sounds good with a barreled receiver with a skinny barrel the only other issue is a lightweight wood stock?
thanks douglas

I'm considering this action for a squirrel rifle project. It all sounds good with a barreled receiver with a skinny barrel the only other issue is a lightweight wood stock?
thanks douglas

We have a M40 wood stock already in inventory, not sure if this is light enough for you though. Otherwise, there are a lot of choices for stocks, just have to inlet for the VGW DBM.

MB

We have a M40 wood stock already in inventory, not sure if this is light enough for you though. Otherwise, there are a lot of choices for stocks, just have to inlet for the VGW DBM.

MB

I saw a picture of it in the M40 stock, its Awesome!
Are the stocks from Taylor Precision? I was thinking about purchasing the barreled action and putting it in an M40 stock myself, but if they come complete that's what I'll do :cool:
DW

I saw a picture of it in the M40 stock, its Awesome!
Are the stocks from Taylor Precision? I was thinking about purchasing the barreled action and putting it in an M40 stock myself, but if they come complete that's what I'll do :cool:
DW

You likely saw the 40X Repeater in the M40 stock. You can do it either way....

MB

11 shots Lapua Center X at 50 yards (L to R wind). Another perfect day at the range.

Range_8_19_5.jpg

MB

what's the relationship between your action and Rem 40X?
thanks, douglas

Basically, the Rem 40X and VGW V-22 share the same physical footprint. Both are mid-lock designs but the V-22 lug ways stop at the bolt lug abutment in the receiver. This allows the bolt front to be fully supported by the receiver (patent pending technology); no more spring loaded filler piece. Another benefit of stopping the lug ways mid-point is fully enclosed bolt lugs, which shortens the ejection port. The V-22 has an integral recoil lug, round front and rear bridge but will accept any trigger used in the 40X. The greatest difference between the two being, the V-22 was designed from the ground up as a Rimfire action.

MB

this is for Mike, if you think about it, what is the lightest possible weight to achieve in a complete rifle?
using the V-22 action, the skinniest barrel (0.50" at the muzzle) and lightest possible wood stock?
Since my failed 40X project, I want an alternative squirrel rifle project. All my boxes have been checked,
the last box is the total weight. thanks, douglas

I can get you below six pounds, lighter if you go a different route on the stock. Are you thinking iron sights, no optics?

MB

below 6lbs would be great, the lighter, the better; what were you thinking about for a stock? I'm new to
this forum, only a couple days; I have been cruising these pages stuff new to me, I'm used to visiting
Rimfire Central and Benchrest Central guys are shooting their 22s at 50yds, the guys on this board are
out to 200-400yds and more military looking equipment with mostly fiberglass stocks with pistol grips. I'm
having a blast surfing these pages, new stuff is good. thanks, douglas

I forgot to answer your question about sights. I have a vintage 4X B&L that's just sitting on my shelf. I would
love the option of putting a Redfield Palma on the rear and an Olympic on the front.

I'm thinking full Carbon Fiber stock with a very interesting center section. I already have a barrel contour that will work for your application, but I have a few other things in the works for barrels that will lighten your build.

I like the Benchrest stuff and typically shoot groups at 50 just to see what I need to see, but commonly shoot 22LR at 100 and 200, have hit steel at 472. This forum has a knack for stretching the limits of most things rifle shooting, which feeds the sport in all the right ways, hence the birth of my Remington 40X Repeater Conversion and the Vudoo V-22 Rimfire.

I can do a version of the V-22 that will accept the Redfield Palma, but other features will need to change to accommodate it. If I do it, it won't likely happen this year.

MB

How are you going to mount an Olympic front sight on a bbl that's only .50" OD? Sounds to me as though you're expecting more things than can be achieved with one rifle.

Sarge, you're right I put the cart before the horse without thinking. But open sights on a squirrel rifle has merit. Thanks douglas

For those looking at the complete package including the Grayboe stock, are the actions "fully bedded" to the stock using Marine Tex or a similar bedding compound or are the actions just resting on the bedded pillars?

For those looking at the complete package including the Grayboe stock, are the actions "fully bedded" to the stock using Marine Tex or a similar bedding compound or are the actions just resting on the bedded pillars?

Yes, they're bedded.

MB

Are all barrels your contour, or are there options available for something different?

The barrel contours are specific to VGW and barrel channels (VGW stocks) are dimensioned accordingly. Options will depend on a few things, but possible.

MB

What is the muzzle diameter?

Ideally id like to duplicate the weight and balance of a 20-22" m24/m40. Could a custom barrel profile be ordered at the time of placing the order for a barreled action?

What is the muzzle diameter?

Ideally id like to duplicate the weight and balance of a 20-22" m24/m40. Could a custom barrel profile be ordered at the time of placing the order for a barreled action?

Yes, I have contours that match the M24/M40, but none currently on order for the 22LR.

MB

I've had a lot of questions lately about contours. Pictured here are the VGW Double Straight Taper Contours, from top, KUKRI, SPECTER and RAVEN.

Contours.jpg

These contours are similar to the Palma contours, but do differ dimensionally. We also have straight taper contours similar to the M24/M40s.

MB

I'm waiting for Jay to get back to me regarding button rifle barrels and wood stocks. This is going to be interesting. Thanks, douglas

Ordered one this week. They were very helpful in choosing a barreled action. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

That Raven in walnut appeals to my conservative, simple, tastes.

Having a modern magazine system that doesn't require I pinch a tiny bullet box between thumb and forefinger while pressing a button in some other location with the opposite hand is icing on the cake.

Congratulations on coming to market.

Last edited:
While I was laying awake last night couldn't sleep thinking I already have enough squirrel rifles I decided to

Last edited:
dto change direction now I'm thinking about a M40/M24 style with a wood stock and old school open sights in addition to drilled and tapped and a bipod ever hear of a Harris bipod this version in my mind will weigh over 6lbs thanks douglas

I made my decision as well. The V22 will be what I will run for these LR 22 matches. The action is incredible. Add your flavor of stock and barrel and your set.

I'm waiting for Jay to get back to me regarding button rifle barrels and wood stocks. This is going to be interesting. Thanks, douglas

We have Shilen Ratchet 1.25" blanks that we'll contour, plenty of M40 wood stocks on-hand.

MB

That Raven in walnut appeals to my conservative, simple, tastes.

Having a modern magazine system that doesn't require I pinch a tiny bullet box between thumb and forefinger while pressing a button in some other location with the opposite hand is icing on the cake.

Congratulations on coming to market.

It's a pretty cool, somewhat retro, package.

Thanks, Phil, let me know how your shooting schedule looks over the next week and a half.

MB

dto change direction now I'm thinking about a M40/M24 style with a wood stock and old school open sights in addition to drilled and tapped and a bipod ever hear of a Harris bipod this version in my mind will weigh over 6lbs thanks douglas

There's a lot of cool in these words.

MB

I made my decision as well. The V22 will be what I will run for these LR 22 matches. The action is incredible. Add your flavor of stock and barrel and your set.

Yours is well underway, I'll be sending some pics of progress soon.

MB

You big tease Mike!!! Your the man

Looks like a good choice Tony. That thing is sweet and smooooooth. Can't wait to check it out.

A few details remaining on this one, then it drops into a JAE chassis for the NRA World Championships, a number of others coming along right behind it. Then, finishing a build for that Team Blaster guy. :cool:

VGW_1015.jpg

MB

A few details remaining on this one, then it drops into a JAE chassis for the NRA World Championships, a number of others coming along right behind it. Then, finishing a build for that Team Blaster guy. :cool:

VGW_1015.jpg

MB

That thing is Sweet!
It's killing me but I'm going to have to wait to order one. I was close to having the funds together and then...the washing machine died. :(
Hope you all keep this post alive so I can keep looking!
DW

That thing is Sweet!
It's killing me but I'm going to have to wait to order one. I was close to having the funds together and then...the washing machine died. :(
Hope you all keep this post alive so I can keep looking!
DW

I recommend going with a Miele washer.

You can actually buy parts and fix them yourself. Mine is going on 17 yo and I have fixed it two or three times repairing those things you can kind of expect to break.

or..

there is one remaining US manufacturer left that builds a top loader with real steel gears. I'll search the name if you need it.

I realize washing machines are off topic but I'm just trying to help a guy get beyond wasting money on that stupid domestic stuff and on to the more important things.

Last edited: