• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

We'll keep it alive DW, good luck with the new machine.

Barrels are coming along beautifully, this is one of many Bartlein's I've machined this weekend for the NRA Match rifles. Next is the mill for extractor cuts....

V_22_Breech.jpg

MB

Are these action suitable for DLC coating?

Looking Great!!! Saving my pennies for a barreled action!

They are, I'm working on some new finishes and will post info/results as soon as it comes together. This is one of seven rifles I'm building for the NRA World Championships, ready for optics and on the range tomorrow.

New_RAVAGE_1.jpg

New_RAVAGE_2.jpg

MB

That's a Timney CE Adjustable, pretty awesome trigger.

MB

Early next week, I'll capture some video.

MB

Last edited:
If we were to place an order say, Monday, what is your lead time looking like on these? Assuming parts requested are in stock, etc.

If we were to place an order say, Monday, what is your lead time looking like on these? Assuming parts requested are in stock, etc.

You'll have to give Paul or Jay a call to find out how far we're out right now.

MB

I do not think that they offer a left handed version as of now. They just released the first batch of actions and they are rapidly building and shipping the influx of custom ordered guns right now.

I've been on the Vudoo website, do they make a left handed version of this action? I'll give them a call tomorrow. I would seriously be ready to buy it, if I can purchase just the action.

Yes, it's finished, but it's not in production yet, it is as NOMAD stated.

MB

I am showing great restraint not ordering one right now.... was planning to wait until spring and it is kind of killing me....
Its like having a hot girlfriend you only get to facetime with and she keeps all her clothes on.....

looking awesome. Guess I will start collecting a stock and dbm as this is gonna have to happen sooner or later.

Thanks for the pics!

I was talking with MB who is at the world shoot in WV. He was telling me all about the hits they are making at 485 yards. That's some impressive stuff from a .22 LR. I cant wait to drop in Saturday and have some fun and shoot some of them awesome Vudoo rifles.

I'm in the first batch. I see the Nightforces on the rifles. Any suggestions for a scope I could use in close and out to 300 yds?

I'm in the first batch. I see the Nightforces on the rifles. Any suggestions for a scope I could use in close and out to 300 yds?

Look for a scope whose parallax goes down to 25 yards or less, with matched MIL/MIL or MOA/MOA Turrets/Reticle. I'm using a Razor 4.5-27 on my competition 22 at the moment, but I was previously using a relatively inexpensive primary arms 4-14 with success.

-Kirby

I've got Athlon Cronus 4.5-29x56 mil scopes on both my 40X/XB 22rf repeaters, and have been very pleased with both of them. Have done tall target & box test on both, and both tracked & returned to zero very accurately. I've also got one of the Ares 4.5-27x50 mil scopes on a M70 in 6x47 Lapua, and feel these scopes would also be excellent on a 22RF trainer/precision rifle. The reticle on the Ares is virtually identical to that of the original Cronus scopes (pre-BTR models), so should work just as well as the Cronus has for me on the 40Xs.

I went up to Peacemaker range today in West Virginia to meet with Mike and got a chance to shoot the 22LR rifle in the AICS chassis. I was kind of skeptical of the 22LR shooting long ranges but I was blown away. The first target was set out at 115 yards and hitting it was boringly easy - all Lapua ammunition. They had a target at 485 yards that I said, yea, right, as if that is even going to happen. Loaded up 10 rounds and with, I believe 92 MOA of elevation, hit 5 of out of 10 with a decent right to left mirage. If I hadn't have done it myself I wouldn't have believed it. Awesome rifles...and racking the bolt as fast as you want is not an issue. Got to save my pennies for one of these.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
You beat me to it JSTARZ

I drove out today as well to meet Mike, Paul and the rest of the Vudoo team. WOW.

I own and have shot a lot of firearms and I tell you what I was beyond amazed with the V22. The V22 is by far hands down the most well thought out and executed .22 LR action I have ever put my hands on. I spent a lot of time learning about this rifle as well as burned up a lot of there ammo today.

Started off shooting a nice small 1/2 - 3/4 inch group on a 170 yard steel target. Then I ran the KYL targets. The last target was 2 inches, It was really easy to whack it over and over. I then also shot the 485 target. Never would have thought to try and shoot a .22 out that far. But mission complete.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that if you are into long range shooting. If you want to participate in long range .22 matches. If you are shooting anything other then the V22 you are a step behind the people who are.

Save your beer money, sell blood or plasma, do small and large sexual favors and get your order in, you won't be disappointed.

• Haha
Reactions: reubenski
It was great to have you guys come hang out for a while. The event was an enormous success and we were honored to be teamed with Lapua Ammunition for the event. We ran a six plate square range; the fastest time posted by a member of the USMC Shooting Team was 8.55 seconds, with a bolt action 22LR shooting Center X. In all, we put over 5000 rounds downrange between the square range and the 170 yard plate and KYL rack. The V-22 and Lapua ammo ran perfectly. All that went through our event received a ticket and at the close of the event, we awarded one of our new V-22 based RAVAGE Rifles.

MB

Sorry for the thread drift on the scope. I appreciate the imput. Looks like i need to plan on shooting further than my previous 22s!

Sorry for the thread drift on the scope. I appreciate the imput. Looks like i need to plan on shooting further than my previous 22s!

No worries, scopes are a big part of using the platform to it's fullest potential.

MB

That looks like one hell of a setup. How long of lead time for a barreled action?

Last edited:
I asked Mike yesterday as people were asking me this same question, and he said they are right at about the beginning of December.

Thank you, I might have to go another route to get me by until then.

Call the shop and get a 100% answer to be sure. I know everyone is scrambling wanting guns in a bad way to start shooting all these matches coming up.

For anyone who hasn't seen the mag being used here is a pic of it in the DBM. Having a full sized mag will make loading faster for matches and easier to have mag pouches to carry spare mags. Also makes a wider selection of stock options.

kOJMhu9.jpg

That mag housing is important.

I shoot .22 for fun - Springfield M2 and a Winchester 75.

The mags on those things are tiny and in order to eject them from the gun you have to use one hand to manipulate the release than pinch and squeeze with thumb and forefinger of the other hand trying to pul that tiny box from the mag well.

Obviously shooting .22 back than was a static, sedate sport.

I've been shooting my converted 40X/XB repeaters that use Mike's 10rd AI-style mags, and have had tons of fun with them, as well as improving my skills at the same time. The 22LR has so much going for it - very good accuracy, no reloading, basically unlimited bbl life (relative to a 6mm CF like 6XC), no recoil to mask any errors you make while breaking the shot, and extended bbl time, which demands good follow through.

I'm sure there are still lots of the CMP 40X/XB rifles out there in original condition, but collectors have a fair share of them, and are not likely to turn loose of 'em. Plus, by the time you spend the $$ to have one converted - even if you're the original owner who paid less than $400 to the CMP for one - you're still gonna have as much in it as if you'd started with a V-22 action or bbl'd action. Since they were designed from the start to fit in any stock/chassis with a M700SA footprint, and can use any DBM designed to work with AICS mags, and can use any trigger that fits a M700, the V-22 is looking like the answer to many shooters' prayers for the basis to build a truly excellent 22LR precision rifle on. Mike took his time in making sure the V-22 was ready before bringing it to the market; I wish him every success in this venture. Will be looking to order one of the actions when they become available....may be awhile, with the demand for complete rifles & bbl'd actions.

flatland1 you nailed it sir. I was looking around trying to decide and was debating the 40X option as well. Everything you said is spot on. I was turned onto the Vudoo V-22 action and once you look at it and you compare what you said, its a 100% no brainer that starting your build with the V22 action is the way to go.

What everyone also needs to understand is that the V22 is a Remington 700 footprint. So if you have a chassis or you have your favorite stock already setup you can just simply swap out a V22 barreled action, use your same bottom metal and order up a handful of the dedicated magazines and bam your in the game shooting the best custom rig. The only person you can blame for not hitting what you aim at is the shooter or you can blame the wind if you really need a excuse.

I'm glad my build is in the que already as the first batch of actions are already spoken for, and I am sure the second batch is already getting snatched up or planned for as we speak. I was amazed at how many shooters at the world shoot were ready to place orders on the spot. Hell people were actually trying to buy the demo guns. I got a chuckle every time someone said can I just take this one with me.

NOMAD - I'm very glad I was able to buy my Rem 40X rifles from the CMP at a very reasonable price, and that I sent them both to Jonathan Elrod for the repeater conversion. Just to make it clear, it's not that I'm in anyway dissatisfied with Jonathan's work on my two 40X/XB rifles - his work is impeccable, and his pricing is reasonable. In addition to that, he's been very generous with his time on the phone making sure I had all the info I needed to get the two rifles up & running.

As much as I'm enjoying my 40X rifles, I've got an itch for one of the V-22 actions. I don't expect it to shoot or function any better than the 40Xs, but dawgone it, the V-22 is just so slick! I've got a couple of Krieger 22RF blanks in the shop, and a Manners T4A Elite in molded-in GAP camo ordered - wouldn't surprise me if the stock gets here before Mike & company can fill all the orders for bbl'd actions. But that's OK - I'll just keep on shooting the 40Xs until such time as a V-22 action becomes available, and then treat myself to a really deluxe 22LR repeater.

I've received a lot of questions about finish on the V-22 action, because obviously, all the rifles we built for the NRA World Championships were polished or brushed. The plan going forward is to "finish" each action prior to shipping. I've been working with numerous vendors for Melonite, because I've wanted specific properties in the end result; these properties are achieved by variation in what has been the Melonite process.

At this point, the process variation has been successful and we have exactly what I've been looking for. The process variation does not provide any obvious changes in what the Melonite looks like, but promotes what I want to see in how the materials respond to the process. In essence, it's black. For rifles we build, the exterior of the receiver can and most likely will be Cerakoted (customer preference), along with the bolt handle, bolt knob, bolt shroud, side bolt release and other small parts. The bores of the receiver and bolt shroud, bores and exterior of the bolt body and bolt front (nose) will remain Melonited. The firing pin (shock rated material) will remain polished. This gives us the "run-it-like-you-stole-it feel" we're looking for and properly protects the materials while providing longevity. The main reason (and focus) behind this approach is so we provide the ultimate in function for Rimfire PRS events. If you don't plan to shoot Rimfire PRS, you get all the benefits of the attention to detail we've put into this.

Thanks to all for the patience and support and feel free to PM me with any questions, comments, etc.,

MB

Last edited: