• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I'll post up a few pics of the Melonited actions, a lot of builds in the works, new stuff going on.

MB

Would love to see them. I think it would be a nice look as well as the function positives.

I called Paul at Vudoo to place an order for a few more magazines for the two 40X/XB rifles I've got up & running, and darned if I didn't give in to the temptation - wound up ordering a V-22 action in addition to the mags. Didn't know about the melonite finish at the time; Paul told me to expect the action around mid-October, so I don't know if it'll have the melonite finish or not (hope it does).

The Stiller 2500XR I built last year had a very similar black nitride finish - it ran pretty slick when I got it, and only got slicker the more I shot it. If the V-22 I get has that finish, I know I'm going to love how slick it'll run. I left the Stiller action's finish alone, and used Graphite Black CeraKote on the bbl & DBM - it looked just fine in a Manners Elite Tactical T4A stock with molded-in GAP camo when it was done, and since I've had another one of those stocks on order for a few months, that's what I'll do when it comes to finishing the V-22 build.

Last edited:
Congrats welcome to the V22 Club LOL

Getting ready to order a Jewell HVR for the V-22 - hard to tell for sure from the photos I've seen online, but it does look like the action has a bolt stop on the left side. Need to know for certain before placing the order for a trigger. Any of you guys who've ran this action who care to reply, I'd appreciate it.

[No message]

Attachments

• photo73129.jpg
    photo73129.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 207
Someone asked on their Facebook page today. The reply was its in the works but no set release date as of right now. Please check back!

I couldn't resist either........... 2 actions ordered a few weeks back. JAE-700 and Krieger Medium Palma's waiting patiently.

SR

Getting ready to order a Jewell HVR for the V-22 - hard to tell for sure from the photos I've seen online, but it does look like the action has a bolt stop on the left side. Need to know for certain before placing the order for a trigger. Any of you guys who've ran this action who care to reply, I'd appreciate it.

Flat, there's a bolt release on the left side of the receiver (for the right hand action). No need to buy a Jewel with the bolt release or just remove it from the trigger.

MB

Speaking of Christmas - got an email from Manners this afternoon - the Elite Tactical T4A I ordered is in finish, and should be ready to ship in 1-4 weeks. I wasn't expecting it for at least a couple of months. That's all the motivation I need to get started on a Krieger for the V-22 ASAP.

Mike, I've got the barrel tenon drawing you sent 6+months ago for 40X/XB barrels to be used on converted actions (repeaters) - is it correct for the V-22 action, or will there be another drawing delivered with the V-22 action?

Mike, I've got the barrel tenon drawing you sent 6+months ago for 40X/XB barrels to be used on converted actions (repeaters) - is it correct for the V-22 action, or will there be another drawing delivered with the V-22 action?

Flat, the breech dims on the V-22 differ a bit from the 40X, we'll have a print shipping with each action.

MB

Think I'm gonna back out on the Eurooptic builds that are at 2 years now so I can invest in one of these. Been far to patient with them. And these look way more promising.

MSTEW308 make the move you will not regret it sir!!!

Reactions: 17rupert
I'd been wondering what had ever happened to the EuroOptic 22 Trainer build program. I ordered all the parts to do a build very similar to the EO, including a Stiller 2500XR, Krieger bbl, Jewell HVR trigger, Seekins DBM (modified a CF version to fit the inlet in a Manners surplus/extra Elite Tactical T4A that was done for the EO run of rifles), and had it up & running spring of '16 while reading about delays in the EO project. I put several hundred rounds through mine before getting one of my CMP 40X rifles converted to a repeater by jelrod, then sold the Stiller when I decided to have the 2nd of my two 40Xs converted. I've never regretted going the 40X/XB repeater route, though the Stiller was one very slick action. Sorry to hear that you never got your completed EO rifle MSTEW308 - if it'd have run as smoothly as mine did, you'd have had a ton of fun with it.

I'd ordered a Manners Elite Tactical T4A in molded-in GAP camo when I decided to convert my 40XB back in early June of this year. Didn't expect to get it in time to use on that rifle, but had really liked the one I had on the Stiller and wanted one to replace it. Then the V-22 comes along, so I ordered one. I've got the 40XB in a B&C #2015 stock, and am very pleased with that set-up. Got an email from Manners late yesterday saying that T4A was in the finish dept, and asking me to call with payment & shipping info, which I did this afternoon. Turns out it'd passed out of the finish dept onto QC, and was ready to ship, so I'll have the stock in hand long before the V-22 action arrives. Ordered a Jewell HVR for it today, so with Krieger 22RF blanks in hand, I'm slightly more than somewhat hot to get started on the V-22 build. Based on the results I've gotten out of my two 40X repeaters, I'm confident that you'll be very happy by going the V-22 route - and also confident you won't wait 2yrs to get one...

I think an integrally suppressed barrel on one of these would be interesting....

Ben

This would be awesome especially with a decent barrel instead of the run of the mill barrel.

How do these stack up accuracy wise against known performers like Anschutz?

I am sure Tony will chime in as he has an Anschutz he uses in .22 BR and he was very impressed with the V-22 when he shot it and told me it was the most accurate .22 he has shot.

In a rimfire repeater, there are a number of things that have to be accomplished to properly fuel accuracy. The first part is overall design of the action, but we'll focus for a moment on how action design relates to how we deal with the feed cycle, more specifically, "feed timing." There's a lot more to proper feed timing than meets the eye and I won't cover every aspect of it here, but what I will say is, the bullet cannot be damaged in the process (the magazine is a big part of this). Of course, there are tons more contributors once the round is chambered and Anschutz is very good at all these things. Having said that, the V-22, by design, has nailed all these contributors to accuracy and functionality. While it's obviously important to be able to feed a small, obtruding rim cartridge into the chamber, it's also important to do it in a manner that one can expect a high level of accuracy while being able to run the bolt like you stole it.

As Rob mentioned, NOMAD shot 1/2", five shot groups at 170 yards, as did other shooters, and a number of us hit 16" steel plates at 485 yards with a high level of predictability. This was done with both our Bartlein and Vudoo Cut Rifled barrels. So, based on the data provided by over 5000 rounds down range, across three days of shooting and 300+ shooters, we can say, beyond the shadow of a doubt, the V-22 stacks up in every area of functionality and accuracy.

MB

Currently selling stuff to fund one of these.... anyone need some plasma or a kidney.... hahahaha

Ok, so I admit to drip feeding photos and info on the V-22 action for a while as things spun up, but now that things are running and we're making actions, building rifles, I figured it's time to let everyone in on one of the many things to come.

About the time the 40X Repeater Conversion was getting started, there was a parallel development effort on another component that coincides perfectly with what's going on at Vudoo. After quite a few years of development of what is now patented technology, the collective effort of a few folks have paid off in the form of the first prototype. We believe the prototype has exceeded our mission targets in a lot of ways and the results are indicative of our desire to envision and create the exceptional while creating and maintaining relationships with respect and consideration.

When the development of our Carbon Fiber Chassis began we focused on key goals to solve very specific problems. Most of these goals pertain to ease of configuration, light weight, rigidity, stability, true drop-in without inducing pressure, but most of all, it has to be related to and recognized as conventional at a price easily within reach. The pic below is all these things.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/preview.ibb.co\/fPVHOw\/CF_Stock_1.jpg"}[/IMG2]

We're not in full production and not announcing a date yet, as we have a bit of testing to do, but we'll keep everyone informed of the progress along the way. We plan to offer our Carbon Fiber Chassis as a stand alone component and as part of our Vudoo rifle builds.

Thanks Guys,

MB

Last edited:
Awesome. Im currently in Puerto Rico and as soon as the Maria Hurricane impact settles down ill be calling for a BA.

awesome work guys.

Hi guys. I was lucky enough to spend about 3 hours with MB in his lab talking about the rifle and actually seeing it for the first time including mine which is going out for meloniting this week YAY! Lol

All I can say after seeing this rifle first hand is WOW! The thought and attention to detail that goes into it and still going into it is amazing. Mike is a very smart guy with great ideas. The action is very strong and the advice on how to run it is not baby it but run it like you stole it which means don't baby or short stroke it.

The magazines are very nice also and the way they are set up when the bolt starts stripping a round and the bolt picking it up allows the round to feed into the chamber and not get banged up on the top of the chamber and deform the bullet. Again this comes from Mike's attention to detail.

Also speaking to that is the fact that the actions are made so identical that barrels can be made and screwed on without even having the action on hand. That makes getting new or differing length or contour barrels for the action easy.

The whole package from mag to action to barreled action is a whole new ball game from what people are used to seeing in a .22 action, even a 40X. I can see this rifle taking the custom .22 market by storm. If you were on the fence about getting one then I would recommend getting off the fence and getting one ordered before the sale ends and the word gets out any farther and you find yourself waiting ;)

In a rimfire repeater, there are a number of things that have to be accomplished to properly fuel accuracy. The first part is overall design of the action, but we'll focus for a moment on how action design relates to how we deal with the feed cycle, more specifically, "feed timing." There's a lot more to proper feed timing than meets the eye and I won't cover every aspect of it here, but what I will say is, the bullet cannot be damaged in the process (the magazine is a big part of this). Of course, there are tons more contributors once the round is chambered and Anschutz is very good at all these things. Having said that, the V-22, by design, has nailed all these contributors to accuracy and functionality. While it's obviously important to be able to feed a small, obtruding rim cartridge into the chamber, it's also important to do it in a manner that one can expect a high level of accuracy while being able to run the bolt like you stole it.

As Rob mentioned, NOMAD shot 1/2", five shot groups at 170 yards, as did other shooters, and a number of us hit 16" steel plates at 485 yards with a high level of predictability. This was done with both our Bartlein and Vudoo Cut Rifled barrels. So, based on the data provided by over 5000 rounds down range, across three days of shooting and 300+ shooters, we can say, beyond the shadow of a doubt, the V-22 stacks up in every area of functionality and accuracy.

MB

You are not making this any easier. I was all set on saving up for a chassis for my CZ 455. But I might have to save up and sell some stuff of and try to fund one of these.

Can't wait to hear the price on the new stock as well as see it all finished

Hi guys. I was lucky enough to spend about 3 hours with MB in his lab talking about the rifle and actually seeing it for the first time including mine which is going out for meloniting this week YAY! Lol

All I can say after seeing this rifle first hand is WOW! The thought and attention to detail that goes into it and still going into it is amazing. Mike is a very smart guy with great ideas. The action is very strong and the advice on how to run it is not baby it but run it like you stole it which means don't baby or short stroke it.

The magazines are very nice also and the way they are set up when the bolt starts stripping a round and the bolt picking it up allows the round to feed into the chamber and not get banged up on the top of the chamber and deform the bullet. Again this comes from Mike's attention to detail.

Also speaking to that is the fact that the actions are made so identical that barrels can be made and screwed on without even having the action on hand. That makes getting new or differing length or contour barrels for the action easy.

The whole package from mag to action to barreled action is a whole new ball game from what people are used to seeing in a .22 action, even a 40X. I can see this rifle taking the custom .22 market by storm. If you were on the fence about getting one then I would recommend getting off the fence and getting one ordered before the sale ends and the word gets out any farther and you find yourself waiting ;)

Thanks, Rob, it was great to have you drive up and hang out for a bit. I'll let you know when everything is back from Melonite, maybe I can drive down and shoot for a while.

MB

You are not making this any easier. I was all set on saving up for a chassis for my CZ 455. But I might have to save up and sell some stuff of and try to fund one of these.

Can't wait to hear the price on the new stock as well as see it all finished

We'll get you going Frank, just let us know when you're ready.

MB

Thanks, Rob, it was great to have you drive up and hang out for a bit. I'll let you know when everything is back from Melonite, maybe I can drive down and shoot for a while.

MB

Just let me know when. Have 400 yards at my range to stretch out the V-22.

Would like to see photos of an action that's been melonited...

Have all the parts needed to complete my V-22 build - GAP camo Manners Elite Tactical T4A, PTG DBM, Jewell HVR, Krieger 22RF sendero blank, Athlon Cronus 4.5-29x56....really looking forward to getting the call that my V-22 action is ready to ship.

Would like to see photos of an action that's been melonited...

Have all the parts needed to complete my V-22 build - GAP camo Manners Elite Tactical T4A, PTG DBM, Jewell HVR, Krieger 22RF sendero blank, Athlon Cronus 4.5-29x56....really looking forward to getting the call that my V-22 action is ready to ship.

Will post pics roughly mid next week.

MB

Understand it's more or less out of your hands Mike - the shop that's doing the melonite job has to get them back to Vudoo before you can post photos. Looking forward to seeing the finished action because - well, it's just the next best thing to having it here in hand.

We sent a barreled action to the Eley test facility in Texas and, I'll start by saying, Dan at KSS is a top notch guy. Upon reviewing the test data, I'm happy to report the V-22 Repeater is everything it was designed to be. The accuracy easily matched and in some comparisons, exceeded that of the single shot Anschutz rifles. It's reported to be the most accurate Repeater Dan has tested, and this was with our Vudoo Cut Rifled barrel. We also continue to experience superior accuracy with our Bartlein barrels, but we've not sent them through the same testing.

Thanks, Dan....

MB

Having dealt with Dan I can attest that he is excellent. He definitely made a customer for life with how he treated me!

Great to hear the action & the barrels are shooting!

We sent a barreled action to the Eley test facility in Texas and, I'll start by saying, Dan at KSS is a top notch guy. Upon reviewing the test data, I'm happy to report the V-22 Repeater is everything it was designed to be. The accuracy easily matched and in some comparisons, exceeded that of the single shot Anschutz rifles. It's reported to be the most accurate Repeater Dan has tested, and this was with our Vudoo Cut Rifled barrel. We also continue to experience superior accuracy with our Bartlein barrels, but we've not sent them through the same testing.

Thanks, Dan....

MB

Any chance you could post a copy of the test data?

That's great to hear Mike but only confirming what you knew ;)

I’m in, sent an email to the firm to place my order, anxiously waiting for particulars.
Thanks douglas

Thanks, Doug. Working on the "extras" you've requested and Jay will be back in touch early this week.

MB

Here's the results of the two best lots of Tenex from the Eley Test Facility. The date is listed as 05/10/17, but it must be metric for October 05, 2017.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/image.ibb.co\/gOgoow\/Eley_Test_1.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/image.ibb.co\/hnXTow\/Eley_Test_2.jpg"}[/IMG2]

In the second image, the Expected Score is a calculated 60 shot group based on the assumptions made from the 40 shot groups. The groups on the ISSC target are 40 shots and the Distribution of Scores is the location of shots relative to the 10 Ring. In the top graph, the multitude of shots were 10.4 and 10.6. Based on the rifles that go through the facility, Dan regards rifles that score 420 or higher to be among the most accurate. After testing the V-22, he regarded it as the most accurate Repeater he's ever tested as he commonly sees the Anschutz single shots with scores like this.

MB

Last edited:
Thanks for posting test results. Very impressive indeed. Glad I already have my order in as I think you may see a spike in orders soon ;)