• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Thanks for posting test results. Very impressive indeed. Glad I already have my order in as I think you may see a spike in orders soon ;)

Thanks, Steven.

There have been numerous questions about actual 40 shot group size. Looking at the top left group, in the lower right corner you'll see 13.3, that's the edge to edge group size in millimeters, which converts to .524". The center-to-center is .302".

MB

Here ya go Flat, I said I'd post pics of the Vudoo specific Melonite. This one has a 17.5" Bartlein sitting in my test mule AICS chassis, I have a Manners TF-1 and just need to free up a few mins to finish it out.

Melonited_1.jpg

Melonited_2.jpg

MB

Reactions: Vargmat
Melonite and the stainless barrel looks great! The more I use and see just plain stainless barrels the more I like them.

Melonite and the stainless barrel looks great! The more I use and see just plain stainless barrels the more I like them.

Agreed, IMO you are just throwing $ down the drain to apply a bake on finish to a barrel.

The melonited action looks excellent Mike!

Here ya go Flat, I said I'd post pics of the Vudoo specific Melonite. This one has a 17.5" Bartlein sitting in my test mule AICS chassis, I have a Manners TF-1 and just need to free up a few mins to finish it out.

Melonited_1.jpg

Melonited_2.jpg

MB

Great looking rifle! What trigger is that?

Great shots of the melonited action Mike - thanks for posting it up. I'll probably go ahead and use graphite black CK on the bbl for mine when I get it finished. That's what I did on the Stiller 2500XR rifle that went into a Manners Elite Tactical T4A in GAP camo, and I felt the black CK looked fine with the black nitride finish on the action & GAP finished stock. Now that I know you've gotten at least one action back from the melonite shop, I'm really looking forward to getting the call from Paul telling me my action is ready to ship! Got a lot of fall harvest & wheat planting work to get done before I can start on mine, but you can bet it won't sit in the shop any longer than absolutely necessary before the bbl work gets done...

That one has my lucky number 8 on it

Looking awesome

The only thing to add to this pic is the material for the DBM; 7075-T7XXX:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/image.ibb.co\/kt6xLb\/V_22_Assembly.jpg"}[/IMG2]

MB

Why do you do this to me. I'm looking to buy a new 22, and this one is so far out of my price range that it isn't even funny. I really appreciate your machining, and design features. Very clean looking machine. Absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately I will have to buy something else, but the problem is, I will never be happy with that since I have seen these. You are an evil evil man. (Please understand my sarcasm!)

Why do you do this to me. I'm looking to buy a new 22, and this one is so far out of my price range that it isn't even funny. I really appreciate your machining, and design features. Very clean looking machine. Absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately I will have to buy something else, but the problem is, I will never be happy with that since I have seen these. You are an evil evil man. (Please understand my sarcasm!)

Thanks, 502, it came together very well and we have a bit more planned. The VGW Meloniting process capped it off, but I’ll get some pics of Cerakoted guns posted soon. Sorry for rubbing it all in, we can’t help ourselves.

MB

Last edited:
Sweet looking rig,Will you guys install the for end rail on the stock for the atlas bipod.

On a perfect fall day like today. Laying down with a sexy V22 and a brick of ammo would be like heaven. Damn that's sexy MB great job.

On a perfect fall day like today. Laying down with a sexy V22 and a brick of ammo would be like heaven. Damn that's sexy MB great job.

Thanks, Tony. Jay built this one, they're going together incredibly well.

MB

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/image.ibb.co\/dWAnO6\/22528748_296112757559209_2337122170890232279_o.jpg"}[/IMG2]

MB

Mike I see on your web site that rifles may be in stock? whats the lead time on a Ravage with a 16" barrel. Also is any kind of Camo an option? Thanks I'm thinking I need another...

Mike I see on your web site that rifles may be in stock? whats the lead time on a Ravage with a 16" barrel. Also is any kind of Camo an option? Thanks I'm thinking I need another...

I'm not aware of anything being in stock at the moment, everything being built now is already sold. Give the shop a call and talk to Paul.

MB

Not inside my house. Or when my buddy picks it up and want to feel the trigger. Obviously way cheaper than shooting centerfire rifles, but the good ammo cost twice what my pistol ammo does , which is ok because shooting a .22 is more fun than shooting a pistol.

Last edited:
True but you don't always need to shoot $13 a box .22 ammo.

When I was still in the Corps id guy buy a 500 round brick of cheap .22 ammo head to base sat or Sunday for the open range pay $5 id put 1 inch pasties on a cardboard and lay prone in the grass working on my position, trigger control, and sight alignment for hours. my goal was to keep it on the pastie.

That was some of the best and cheapest training a shooter can ever have.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
i agree Nomad. Every time we go to NRA Whittington we each go through a brick on the .22 silhouette range. It's almost 150 steel targets every 25 meters.

From concept to production.....I like it!

Did you original show me the prototype action several years ago when we met at
the restaurant in North Kansas City one night and talked and had a few drinks?

Glad to see it available.

Regards,

Chet

From concept to production.....I like it!

Did you original show me the prototype action several years ago when we met at
the restaurant in North Kansas City one night and talked and had a few drinks?

Glad to see it available.

Regards,

Chet

Yessir, I remember that. The prototype I had back then was for a smaller Rimfire, made six of them, but decided to go full scale and started working on what eventually became this action. Crazy how things unfold.

MB

Mike,
What are the specs for the Ravage you posted on the previous page...it looks pretty much like what I want to order.
Barrel length & contour? stock looks like an adjustable Grayboe?
Thank you!
DW

Mike,
What are the specs for the Ravage you posted on the previous page...it looks pretty much like what I want to order.
Barrel length & contour? stock looks like an adjustable Grayboe?
Thank you!
DW

Yep, adjustable Grayboe, 18" Vudoo Cut Rifled KUKRI Contour, VGW Melonite.

Thanks, DW....

MB

RAVAGE.jpg

Getting them out the door. RAVAGE with 18” Vudoo Cut Rifled barrel.

MB

Last edited:
Very nice!
Looks like the Specter profile barrel? Is the Nightforce optic one of your options, or customer supplied?
DW

Delta I fear your close following of this thread is going to end up with you buying one of these and than in a fit of jealousy Ill be doing same.

I was camping this passed weekend with my son in western Ma. He packed his Winchester 67A .22 all weekend and I slung my .308 M40/A1/A3/A5ish. He fired a few hundred rounds I fired nada.

I think if I had a M40ish V22 we would have had a little father son competition in the camp ground.
image_75223.jpg

Attachments

• image_75224.jpg
    image_75224.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Very nice!
Looks like the Specter profile barrel? Is the Nightforce optic one of your options, or customer supplied?
DW

It’s the KUKRI contour, I’ll post something with a SPECTER asap. We’re a NF dealer, but that’s my personal optic used for test firing.

MB

Speaking of ammo, check out the bulk Eley being offered by CMP. I just got a case and I was very pleasantly
surprised. Money well spent, can I say killer? Thanks douglas

Does anyone know if there is an adaptor or magazine insert that can be used to convert the V22 repeater action to single shot for occasional small-bore F-Class competition, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any info.

JAE Chassis
17.5" Lothar Walther, KUKRI Contour
VGW Melonited V-22 Action
Timney CE Adjustable

JAE1008.jpg

MB

Reactions: geek65