• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Anyone making a Bore Guide for these yet or does an existing one work?
Am using a less than ideal piece of 1/2" PEX tubing with a slice out of it.

Anyone making a Bore Guide for these yet or does an existing one work?
Am using a less than ideal piece of 1/2" PEX tubing with a slice out of it.

Have intended to design one, but it's pretty far down the list right now.

MB

I won't have my V-22 action until Friday, but have been wondering whether the 40X RF rod guide I bought from Sinclair will fit the V-22's bolt bore? If nothing else, I'll work on making a rod guide out of some delrin for my own use.

Reactions: DiggerDanc
FWIW I have modified bore guides in the past when none were available. Find a rimfire guide for an action that has a smaller bolt OD than the V22 (think Anschutz 54 or CZ 455) and wrap the guide with tape to fit. Depending on the action design I have found that you can usually wrap in 2 spots to create more stability, but one wrap will suffice. Just test it to make sure it is properly aligned with the bore, I have had good luck doing it this way.

Nothing better then finding your test can of .22 ammo and finding all kinds of goodies you forgot you had.

To the range for more testing.

Attachments

• photo79952.jpg
    photo79952.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
65 INCH pounds for action screws

if you are using a special chassis or something check with that company for specs.

My manners with mini chassis is 65 for front and 48 for back

I'm hoping there will be another Manners group buy....I better order my stock soon!

Out testing more ELEY CMP ammo. Shot a few groups confirmed 100 yards. Then Shot a 5 shot 2 incher at 200 real quick.

Think I will shoot this. ELEY CMP ammo in NC in 2 weeks.

Attachments

• photo80182.jpg
    photo80182.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 223
  • photo80183.jpg
    photo80183.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 218
Reactions: DRAGON64
Spent some time on the range today with the V-22 DEFTI Apparition. This is a 50 yd group using Lapua X-Act, likely shoots tighter than Center X.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/image.ibb.co\/f1MLnm\/Range_11_25.jpg"}[/IMG2]

MB

Finally got settled in enough in my new house to get the Vudoo stocked and scoped up. Hopefully doing some shooting over the next day or two! Super excited!

mcvyIlm.jpg

Wl023xw.jpg

Got out today to test the rifle and get it zeroed. After zeroing I shot a couple 5 shot groups. I was using Lapua Knocker ammo which has been discontinued but I have a bunch. It shoots fast though at 1330fps from my magnetospeed.

Dropped one in first group.
uB9mppM.jpg

YDMEFas.jpg

I got my Vudoo V22 in last week and had an Athlon Argos 8-34 x 56mm waiting for it. I was able to take her out to the range today.The rifle ran really well and the quality is great. I want to thank Jay, Jill and Cole for their customer service and assistance with purchasing and building this rifle.

This was also my daughters first time shooting. I had a base Ruger 10/22 and the V22 for her to try out, she certainly liked the 10/22. However, she did love running the bolt on the V22.

Attachments

• photo80417.jpg
    photo80417.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 133
  • photo80418.jpg
    photo80418.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 134
I got my Vudoo V22 in last week and had an Athlon Argos 8-34 x 56mm waiting for it. I was able to take her out to the range today.The rifle ran really well and the quality is great. I want to thank Jay, Jill and Cole for their customer service and assistance with purchasing and building this rifle.

This was also my daughters first time shooting. I had a base Ruger 10/22 and the V22 for her to try out, she certainly liked the 10/22. However, she did love running the bolt on the V22.

Nice groups with that CCI ammo, what barrel did you go with?
DW

photo80468.jpgphoto80475.jpg

Got one setup, V-22, Manners PRS, March 3-24 FFP, the other still needs stocked....

​​​​​​​

Attachments

• photo80471.jpg
    photo80471.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 201
  • photo80473.jpg
    photo80473.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Looking good Duc welcome to the Vudoo Club!!

Golden- Regarding accuracy- if you go a few pages back you can see the link to the Eley testing in Texas. Yes you can dry fire it. There is a picture of the bolt a few pages back.

Here is 4 x 5 using the cheapest ammo in the ELEY I’m e i haven’t even started playing with Tenex or match or anything from the top of the ammo food chain.

Attachments

• photo80183.jpg
    photo80183.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 84
I seriously doubt that Santa will bring me one of these, but dang what a sweet looking/ good shooting rifle!

I saw the testing at eley. I have done it at lapua. Just wondering if in the wild, how they would stack up to others. Thanks for the heads up on dryfiring.

Golden- Regarding accuracy- if you go a few pages back you can see the link to the Eley testing in Texas. Yes you can dry fire it. There is a picture of the bolt a few pages back.

Here's mine 20" barrel ,sentinel , bix & Andy Trigger.
ive only tried Wolf match Extra and Midas plus.

Attachments

• photo80705.jpg
    photo80705.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 191
  • photo80706.jpg
    photo80706.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 196
  • photo80707.jpg
    photo80707.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 188
This was my first time taking her out. I may be a little rusty the circled groups were Midas Plus , all others are wolf ME that's 6 ,5 shot groups at 50 yards. I lost my concentration on group 3 and threw 1 , then hastily finished it , resulting in the only group that is not one hole. Avg .294" for all groups.
In all fairness I will give the Midas another shot as I shot them last and was getting lazy.
also ran a KYL rack at 175, 6" to 2" was too easy consistent hits on all. Managed a 1.25"group on the 2"
also shot 230 and 350. 12" gong at 350 , consistent hits
I set a miller lite in front of the 350 gong and my son whacked it second shot. Really got me excited about 22lr again
Overall the quality of this action is absolutely top notch.
Excellent people to do business with also.
I think I need another one because my kids keep claiming it every time we shoot now.

Attachments

• photo80709.jpg
    photo80709.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Seandradamus- First, that Vudoo looks amazing sitting in that sentinel with the Kahles in a Spuhr mount. I am really looking forward to getting mine, and am shooting a Stiller 2500XR in the mean time. If you could share, which BnA trigger are you using in it and have you had any timing or fitment issues?

I will not buy a Vudoo.
I will not buy a Vudoo.
I will not buy a Vudoo.

AGHHH. I ordered mine yesterday along with a Manners T4A. Mid to late January delivery I am told. Thanks Dana.

Congrats welcome to the Vudoo club.

I will not buy a Vudoo.
I will not buy a Vudoo.
I will not buy a Vudoo.

AGHHH. I ordered mine yesterday along with a Manners T4A. Mid to late January delivery I am told. Thanks Dana.

Same thing happened to me brother, I finally broke down and ordered mine a few days ago also....this thread is like dangling raw meat in front of a hungry dog!
Now I'm desperately trying to NOT order a Night Force SHV scope to put on it, some good deals out there yet :rolleyes:
DW

Seandradamus- First, that Vudoo looks amazing sitting in that sentinel with the Kahles in a Spuhr mount. I am really looking forward to getting mine, and am shooting a Stiller 2500XR in the mean time. If you could share, which BnA trigger are you using in it and have you had any timing or fitment issues?

It is the Tac sport 2 stage , it has functioned flawlessly and I have it set around 5oz for each stage.

"Originally posted by NWnewguy View Post

It is the Tac sport 2 stage , it has functioned flawlessly and I have it set around 5oz for each stage."

Thanks for the info. I am thinking of going with the same trigger and hadn't heard much about them on this platform yet. I still have a few weeks to wait, but at this time of year, time seems to fly by. Good luck with it and again it looks amazing.

Out in the front yard today testing some loads. Nice to be in NC!

q37Lq1X.jpg

Nice, please let us know the results....Good luck this weekend.

MB

Out in the front yard today testing some loads. Nice to be in NC!

q37Lq1X.jpg

Heels on the deck man. The more body in contact with earth the better ability to manage that heavy recoil.......

Couple guys taught me that back in June in Granby.

PMC, speaking of Granby, I shot there last Saturday with a couple guys that just ordered V-22's (steel at 400). Let me know if you're making it this way anytime soon.

MB

PMC, speaking of Granby, I shot there last Saturday with a couple guys that just ordered V-22's (steel at 400). Let me know if you're making it this way anytime soon.

MB

I hope they get things straightened out with the 1000 yard range. Nick W and the pres of the club (apologies as his name escapes me) are really good guys.

Its a beautiful venue and the drive for me on Rt 2 to Rt 202 is really beautiful.

Its a vacation day trip for me to get there. If I see it on the schedule I will certain try to get in touch with ample time to see if we can match schedules?

Im hoping the guys that do PSR classes plan an advanced PSR out there this coming summer.

I hope they get things straightened out with the 1000 yard range. Nick W and the pres of the club (apologies as his name escapes me) are really good guys.

Its a beautiful venue and the drive for me on Rt 2 to Rt 202 is really beautiful.

Its a vacation day trip for me to get there. If I see it on the schedule I will certain try to get in touch with ample time to see if we can match schedules?

Im hoping the guys that do PSR classes plan an advanced PSR out there this coming summer.

I really like the range. We're launching the Vudoo Rimfire Series, Northeast, in the Spring.

MB

I really like the range. We're launching the Vudoo Rimfire Series, Northeast, in the Spring.

MB

Quote sent you an email a month or so ago....a member at Harvard is trying to set up a .22 PSR program I suggested he speak with you for tips.

If you think you might have ideas for him or that Harvard could play a role in your interests I'll resend the introduction.