• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I so can't what for the 2018 season to start my Vudoo is ready to draw blood!!

I so can't what for the 2018 season to start my Vudoo is ready to draw blood!!

I'm hoping a rimfire series will start up down here. For now I have a couple places that I can have a bunch of fun with it.

Because I love to tinker and good is never good enough I did a little firing pin modification/reshaping to the Vudoo. I have previously done the same to my CZ and had good results. Here is a link to the mod: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=602579

And here is a pic of the progression of the reshaping of the firing pin strikes.

xVy8d3k.jpg

Last edited:
So now that you voided your warranty LOL. What group size changes did you have before and after and using what ammo. Now I want to go see what the factory strikes look like. Is case one. left one the factory

Because I love to tinker and good is never good enough I did a little firing pin modification/reshaping to the Vudoo. I have previously done the same to my CZ and had good results. Here is a link to the mod: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=602579

And here is a pic of the progression of the reshaping of the firing pin strikes.

xVy8d3k.jpg

I'd be interested in a more controlled study. The reason I say this is, based on the nature of the modification, the area being struck is smaller, but the energy in the system is the same. Without making certain accommodations in the modification, results will vary. Given the inertia in the fire control, I keep the spring rate as low as possible, but still provide a very short lock time. The challenges associated with an across the board design for who-knows-how-many-intended-uses, ALL ammo has to ignite reliably, which is one of many reasons I strike across the case rim.

The LH action is launching in January and you'll notice the fire control is setup differently. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the current fire control, but like you, I don't stand still either. The energy in the system is the same, but protrusion is adjustable.

MB

Reactions: JeffLebowski
What kind of accuracy are people getting out of a 20" barrel? Just curious.

What kind of accuracy are people getting out of a 20" barrel? Just curious.

From what I’ve seen, barrel length hasn’t determined the level of accuracy published online. The rifle sent to the Eley Test Facility had a 19 inch barrel and shot 10 shot groups .3mm larger than a custom single shot BR Gun. To do this with a repeater has been unheard of at Eley prior to testing the V-22.

MB

Last edited:
So now that you voided your warranty LOL. What group size changes did you have before and after and using what ammo. Now I want to go see what the factory strikes look like. Is case one. left one the factory

Yes the left one is unmodified strike and progressively shaped the pin with final result on far right.

FWIW here is a photo pulled from the referenced thread on rimfirecentral showing spent casings picked up from after a Class 1 BR national match:

https://i.imgur.com//WqnBQfO.jpg
image.png

Last edited:
Yes the left one is unmodified strike and progressively shaped the pin with final result on far right.

FWIW here is a photo pulled from the referenced thread on rimfirecentral showing spent casings picked up from after a Class 1 BR national match

Very nice StevenC. There's some consideration to do a more BR oriented rimfire action, but haven't decided if it's a direction I want to go right now. There are a few more projects in the hopper and we're shipping a lot of rifles, barreled actions and action assemblies. I'm sure as we move through the project roadmap, there will be small revisions here and there to keep what we do at the top of the heap.

MB

Reactions: stevenc23
Hey Ravage88, I have a question about the Vudoo Ravage. Are bipods standard on the rifle since it seems like the photos on your website show the rifles with them or are they an option?

Hey Ravage88, I have a question about the Vudoo Ravage. Are bipods standard on the rifle since it seems like the photos on your website show the rifles with them or are they an option?

Fret, bipods are an option. We're a dealer for Atlas and Modular Evolution.

MB

Now that the holidays are over what is the expected waiting time for a new barreled action, if I was to order one today?

In order to get that info more real-time, give the shop a call (435-359-2890). Everyone is preparing for SHOT and I'm sure that will have a bit of an impact for Jan, Feb.

Thanks,
MB

I'd be interested in a more controlled study. The reason I say this is, based on the nature of the modification, the area being struck is smaller, but the energy in the system is the same. Without making certain accommodations in the modification, results will vary. Given the inertia in the fire control, I keep the spring rate as low as possible, but still provide a very short lock time. The challenges associated with an across the board design for who-knows-how-many-intended-uses, ALL ammo has to ignite reliably, which is one of many reasons I strike across the case rim.

The LH action is launching in January and you'll notice the fire control is setup differently. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the current fire control, but like you, I don't stand still either. The energy in the system is the same, but protrusion is adjustable.

MB

I did a before/after CZ firing pin re-profile test early last year and posted the results on the old Scout site. I don't think the post made it over (at least I can't find it) so I'll re-post the results here. Velocity measurements were done with a Magnetospeed V3 and the temps were in the 70s, if I remember correctly. Sample size was 20 round of each lot, before and after. The result was about a 10-15% improvement in ES/SD:

Attachments

• photo85827.png
    photo85827.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 153
If you're going to SHOT, look for us in the following booths:

XLR Industries--7109
Timney Triggers--1411
Manners Stocks--20005
GA Precision--20005
Hawkins Precision--343
Mile High Shooting--7502
Amtac Suppressors--4462

MB

Last edited:
I did a before/after CZ firing pin re-profile test early last year and posted the results on the old Scout site. I don't think the post made it over (at least I can't find it) so I'll re-post the results here. Velocity measurements were done with a Magnetospeed V3 and the temps were in the 70s, if I remember correctly. Sample size was 20 round of each lot, before and after. The result was about a 10-15% improvement in ES/SD:

VERY good info....

MB

Ravage88, a few more questions for you. I'm going to order a Vudoo in the near future for mainly paper targets at 50-100 yards. I was thinking of the Ravage model with 20" barrel. I'd like to try and get it as or more accurate than my 1710 and 1727 Annies. What do you think of that choice or is there a more accurate configuration? How ammo sensitive are Vudoos and what ammo works well? Thanks!

Fret, most everyone is ordering the RAVAGE or APPARITION (same barreled action) with 18 or 20 inch barrel and the V-22 has proven to be equally as, or more accurate than the Anschutz rifles of proper comparison (repeater to repeater) using our barrel. I've shot mostly Lapua Center X and Eley Black box and have not noticed any "out-of-the-norm" sensitivity. My best groups have been with Lapua X-Act and I've seen stellar results with SK. The chamber is unique to Vudoo, JGS makes my reamer (22LR RAVAGE).

MB

Fret, most everyone is ordering the RAVAGE or APPARITION (same barreled action) with 18 or 20 inch barrel and the V-22 has proven to be equally as, or more accurate than the Anschutz rifles of proper comparison (repeater to repeater) using our barrel. I've shot mostly Lapua Center X and Eley Black box and have not noticed any "out-of-the-norm" sensitivity. My best groups have been with Lapua X-Act and I've seen stellar results with SK. The chamber is unique to Vudoo, JGS makes my reamer (22LR RAVAGE).

MB

Thanks! I think I'll go with the Ravage. Good to hear that SK works well.

Starting to think about my second V22. Want to put this to work in the ,22 BR world. Thinking of a left handed version complete gun with optic will have to weigh in at 13.5 pounds to be IR5050 compliant.

Just talked with Paul P at VGW and ordered a Ravage. Supposed to be about a 6-8 week wait. :)

Just a thought, but has anyone at Vudoo hit up the Army Marksmanship Unit about some single shot actions?

Imagine an American action, barrel, and chassis putting on the whoopass on the rest of the world on the ISSF circuit.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Any chance of a 17WSM offering? A switch barrel with a different bolt would be awesome!

Just a thought, but has anyone at Vudoo hit up the Army Marksmanship Unit about some single shot actions?

Imagine an American action, barrel, and chassis putting on the whoopass on the rest of the world on the ISSF circuit.

Now that the lefty is finished and being intro'd at SHOT, I might be working on a Single Shot and there might be specific users in mind....;)

MB

Call him back and add an atlas rail to that order if you didn't already......

Thanks. Had one ordered since I was planning to get a bipod later but ended up getting one sooner. :)

Now I need to decide on what scope to get.....................

Thanks. Had one ordered since I was planning to get a bipod later but ended up getting one sooner. :)

Now I need to decide on what scope to get.....................

I say go all in

Attachments

• photo86340.jpg
    photo86340.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 173
I say go all in

Wow, that's a very nice scope! That's a bit more than I want to spend though. I was thinking of a FFP scope at first but I only shoot paper targets at fixed distances in my back yard so a SFP scope probably will be better for my use and a expensive FFP might be overkill. But I only have SFP scopes so I figured it might be interesting to get a FFP scope just to see how it's like. I've mainly been shooting at 25-40X at the targets I use. I can't quite make out the smaller dots with less power with my old eyes.

I like the 'these are mine' aspects of the mods, but I get nervous when you have the layers aligned perpendicular to the main stress. PETG is pretty good on delam but not perfect. It looks like the design could also be printed with the front side down. It probably would take a bit longer to print. The screw will give some strength to the lower part, but layers not engaged by it will not be reinforced.

If you printed it front down, they could also leave a path for a screw/pin to go from the front all the way to the back and compress and support all the layers.

Wow! These rifles seem amazing.

I started out asking myself if I minded spending $900 vs $500 for a stock 455 and how I could justify that. Then I started trying to figure out if I was willing to go to $1500 with some customizing.

Now I see this new Vudoo in the JAE, and I’m like YES! Gotta get one of those!! I see no price, so then I look up the stock alone, and I’m like No!!! I knew I had a line I could draw somewhere and I’ve found it!! Looks like that line stops at the Ravage.

Reading about these and the work that has gone into developing new technologies is very impressive.

...Corey4 says as he pushes me off the cliff!

I definitely haven’t stopped looking at the line, just figured out how high up I should stop looking.

I love spending other people's money

Attachments

• request__pushing_off_cliff_by_awsomegaby-d2y8voy.jpg
    request__pushing_off_cliff_by_awsomegaby-d2y8voy.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 80
You can also pop your current long range rifle out of its stock and just drop in your Vudoo barreled action and torque it and your set and switch back and forth between barreled actions and stock as needed.

Looking good love the colors. Welcome to the Vudoo club

Really want to do a crazy build with one of these receivers! I sent an email to @LongRifles Inc., but they've probably got their hands full with the Shot Show right now. If Chad is willing to take on a ridiculous build, we may see a V22 chambered in .10 Eichelberger Long Rifle in the near future! That's right, a .10 caliber round made by necking down a .22LR case!

Difference between a .30 cal bore and a .10 cal:

hAYFogg.jpg

.380 ACP vs .10 Eichelberger LR:

RsADXlJ.jpg

STQCKwm.jpg

First post, V-22 lead me to the site. Saw pictures, then videos, and I'm sold. Was considering a 455 VPT, but wow, a 700 22lr repeater that doesn't need to be custom milled from a 40x.

I have some time before I order, deployed and who knows how long the next shut down will last. Kicking myself for making my IRA contribution so early. Back on topic, how are those who have one already liking the Grayboe stocks, particularly the Renegade on the Ravage model? I'm split between that and a barreled action to drop in say a Manners or McMillan, but the complete price is tempting. I don't have a rifle I'd be modeling it off of, my only bolt guns are my 788's, granddad's .243 and a .308, far from tactical, but taken many S. TX deer. Are they stiff enough for my Mask HD and a bipod?

Hey Ravage88, would a tuner be useful on a Vudoo? If it would be helpful for accuracy, is that something you guys would carry as an option?

Fret,

A tuner would be useful for one particular yardage, mainly a bench rest type match. The Vudoo is made for PRS style shooting over many different ranges. IF a tuner would be helpful for PRS then the PRS guys would run one, I haven't seen that yet. Their version of a tuner is a suppressor :)

This website gets into all the tuner info you could ever hope for http://www.varmintal.com/a22lr.htm A couple of the charts will right away show why a tuner is a good idea for one set distance and a bad idea for many different distances. The bottom chart on that page shows it best.(50 and 100 yd zeros)

Another strike against the tuner for the prs game is they are kind of delicate. Would be kind of like throwing your nice micrometer around the shop like a baseball. Aslo, tuners work better with longer thinner barrels, the Vudoo profiles are a lot shorter and some are pretty thick so tuner weights would probably have to be fairly high to get results and that is a lot of extra weight to huff around for questionable gains.

With all that said, I intend to use mine for at least one ARA benchrest match this year just to see what it will do in that environment.

Reactions: FromMyColdDeadHand
First post, V-22 lead me to the site. Saw pictures, then videos, and I'm sold. Was considering a 455 VPT, but wow, a 700 22lr repeater that doesn't need to be custom milled from a 40x.

I have some time before I order, deployed and who knows how long the next shut down will last. Kicking myself for making my IRA contribution so early. Back on topic, how are those who have one already liking the Grayboe stocks, particularly the Renegade on the Ravage model? I'm split between that and a barreled action to drop in say a Manners or McMillan, but the complete price is tempting. I don't have a rifle I'd be modeling it off of, my only bolt guns are my 788's, granddad's .243 and a .308, far from tactical, but taken many S. TX deer. Are they stiff enough for my Mask HD and a bipod?

I bought the full rifle with the Greyboe stock and feel like it's a good deal as a whole rifle when you break the parts down. The stock was a pleasant surprise. I hadn't heard a whole lot about the renegade stock, but it's every bit as solid as some of the bigger names out there. I was even thinking about throwing one of my Bighorns in there for some coyote calling. It also comes with bottom metal that is pretty decent as well. I have tried mine in several different stocks (Rock Solid, AICS 2.0, KRG X-Ray, Manners MCS) just to see how it would work. They all worked just fine. I've never been happier with a gun purchase than this one. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Reactions: jrod12b
Fret,

A tuner would be useful for one particular yardage, mainly a bench rest type match. The Vudoo is made for PRS style shooting over many different ranges. IF a tuner would be helpful for PRS then the PRS guys would run one, I haven't seen that yet. Their version of a tuner is a suppressor :)

This website gets into all the tuner info you could ever hope for http://www.varmintal.com/a22lr.htm A couple of the charts will right away show why a tuner is a good idea for one set distance and a bad idea for many different distances. The bottom chart on that page shows it best.(50 and 100 yd zeros)

Another strike against the tuner for the prs game is they are kind of delicate. Would be kind of like throwing your nice micrometer around the shop like a baseball. Aslo, tuners work better with longer thinner barrels, the Vudoo profiles are a lot shorter and some are pretty thick so tuner weights would probably have to be fairly high to get results and that is a lot of extra weight to huff around for questionable gains.

With all that said, I intend to use mine for at least one ARA benchrest match this year just to see what it will do in that environment.

Thank you for the great info. I'm going to use my Ravage mainly for targets at 55yards and maybe 100 yards once in awhile. I guess the vast majority will use their Vudoos for the run and gun type shooting.