• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

RAVAGE88

Angled Spade Tech
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    Look up.
    Ok, no more drip feeding, it's time for full fire hose.

The VGW V-22 is a true-to-scale mid-lock rimfire bolt action with integral recoil lug. One of the many unique features of this design is, for a mid-lock, there are no lug ways forward of the lug abutment in the receiver. The rail is MilStd 1913, available in 0, 25 and 30 MOA. The action is currently in full production and available from Vudoo Gun Works in St. George, UT.

Full_Size_Render_3399.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1954.jpg

Full_Size_Render.jpg

This rifle has no finish on it yet and of course, it uses my AICS patterned magazine that is currently fielded in many 40X Repeater Conversions. The action is a direct drop in to any Rem700 Short Action Stock or Chassis, with the only accommodation being the ejection port is shorter than the standard Rem700/40X length port. Unlike the 40X Rimfire, the lugs in the VGW V-22 are concealed.

I'll be spending more time on the range tomorrow and will post video of it cycling, but it runs like a Swiss watch.

Thanks, Guys....

MB

Hmmmm. Just in time!
    My girlfriend is gone for the weekend so I needed something to, um, keep me occupied.

Jokes aside, looks awesome, thanks for the full pictures. Cant wait to see the videos and deciding how to get one into my grubby little hands sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Bender
    Looks great Mike! Are the sales going threw Vudoo Gun Works? What is the best way to contact them?

Hmmmm. Just in time!
    My girlfriend is gone for the weekend so I needed something to, um, keep me occupied.

Jokes aside, looks awesome, thanks for the full pictures. Cant wait to see the videos and deciding how to get one into my grubby little hands sooner rather than later.

Thanks, PH. I'll be back on the range tomorrow, will post more info.

MB

I'm receiving a lot of emails and PMs asking how to place an order. Call the shop and speak with Paul, Jay or Jill, they're busy running the Vudoo Rimfire Series Match today and tomorrow, but will be back in the shop Monday. The number is on our website: vudoogunworks.com

MB

Looking good Mike! Looking forward to seeing videos of you running the rifle & getting more feedback when you guys get a few of these rifles out & into the hands of other shooters. I've got a couple of Krieger 22RF blanks coming in September, can't think of a better way to use them than on a couple of your new actions.

Do you have a price for a barreled action with trigger (i.e. a complete unit ready to drop into an existing chassis)?

Reactions: diverdon
    I'd love for you to do a "walk around" the 40x and the new Action and talk about the difference with pictures and why the improvements are important.

Seems like a nice nice price point considering the alternative conversion full-up costs, and frankly you'd need to factor in a new PTG bolt and maybe a barrel to get to like-like.

did I miss the barrel manufacturer/

Looking good Mike! Looking forward to seeing videos of you running the rifle & getting more feedback when you guys get a few of these rifles out & into the hands of other shooters. I've got a couple of Krieger 22RF blanks coming in September, can't think of a better way to use them than on a couple of your new actions.

Thanks Flat and here ya go....range day was awesome:

https://youtu.be/1i4T6U2LwPI

MB

I'd love for you to do a "walk around" the 40x and the new Action and talk about the difference with pictures and why the improvements are important.

Seems like a nice nice price point considering the alternative conversion full-up costs, and frankly you'd need to factor in a new PTG bolt and maybe a barrel to get to like-like.

did I miss the barrel manufacturer/

Mark,
    I'll be happy to put this together, getting started on it later today and finish/post tomorrow. Based on the technology involved, the price point is highly competitive, being very mindful of the "donor" attribute to converting a 40X.

The barrels we're currently using:
    Vudoo Cut Rifled
    Bartlein
    Krieger
    Lothar Walther
    Shilen Ratchet

I'm quite sure we'll be adding more barrels, one in particular I'm pretty excited about.

MB

Mr Bush
    will this work with other triggers or just the trigger you are selling with it?
    Just wondering if I can keep my triggers the same....
    Seems like a great price point really.

Thanks for the updates!

Mr Bush
    will this work with other triggers or just the trigger you are selling with it?
    Just wondering if I can keep my triggers the same....
    Seems like a great price point really.

Thanks for the updates!

PH, it works with any Rem700 trigger. There was a question recently if the trigger pocket is wide enough for the Tubb and G&E, but not sure why those two would be different and still be considered Rem700 compatible. Maybe someone that's used those can enlighten me a little here. Aside from that, every Rem700 trigger I've tested has worked with no issues at all. Primarily, we stock and use the Timney 510U (I worked with Timney to design it nearly 10 years ago, the "U" stands for Underground) because of the longer sear. The advantage is more energy, but you don't need the longer sear to have plenty of energy.

The price point was a huge consideration and I'm pleased that it's Patent Pending.

MB

Is there a basic stock that comes with the rifle or not?

Ask as I would have to sell my krg cz-455 to fund the entire rifle.

Theres a facebook page with additional info. I don't have an account but can still see most of what is there

Is there a basic stock that comes with the rifle or not?

Ask as I would have to sell my krg cz-455 to fund the entire rifle.

Grayboe is the stock being used in the current package offering, goes up from there.

MB

Reactions: WAWes
    Thanks, I thought I remembered reading that and could remember for sure and was on my phone in a very important meeting.......
    I ike the Timney 510, its on my others so that is what I was asking about.
    is that dbm going to be on vudoos website or yours?

thanks again, lookjng forward to this!

Reactions: mjp8540
    Tag. Did i miss contour on the barrel options?

Does the price for the barreled action include a coating / finish of any kind?

Thanks, I thought I remembered reading that and could remember for sure and was on my phone in a very important meeting.......
    I ike the Timney 510, its on my others so that is what I was asking about.
    is that dbm going to be on vudoos website or yours?

thanks again, lookjng forward to this!

Everything will be on the VGW website.

MB

Really want one of these!!!

What kind of time frame for barreled actions?

What about chambering? I don't know what the different ones are and the pros/cons to each, but I assume it will matter to some people.

Also, what kind of ammo would you suggest? Please say CCI SV, cuz I have a metric shit tone of it. :rolleyes:

What about chambering? I don't know what the different ones are and the pros/cons to each, but I assume it will matter to some people.

Also, what kind of ammo would you suggest? Please say CCI SV, cuz I have a metric shit tone of it. :rolleyes:

It's a Match chamber specific to VGW, 22LR RAVAGE (my design). Our go to ammo is Lapua Center X, but, of course you can burn through the CCI.

MB

Mike - can shed any light on the decision to jump from 0 to 25 MOA in the rail offerings? Artifact of manufacturing process or?

Mike - can shed any light on the decision to jump from 0 to 25 MOA in the rail offerings? Artifact of manufacturing process or?

Good question. The 22LR is being stretched out farther than ever and based on the multitude of optics used, 20 MOA wasn't enough.

MB

Reactions: lil'skeet