• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Glad to know you're going the ranks Rico, reach out anytime if you need anything.

MB

Thanks Mike. I fought it as I've been enjoying my jelrod conversion. But once Norman got his in and started whooping my ass, I had to do it.

What is the magazine availability situation?

Thanks Mike. I fought it as I've been enjoying my jelrod conversion. But once Norman got his in and started whooping my ass, I had to do it.

What is the magazine availability situation?

The conversions are awesome, still shoot mine, but the V-22 is up a few levels. We keep thousands of magazines on-hand, all welding, assembly and QC is in-house....just let me know how many you'd like and how quickly you need them, the rest is really easy.

MB

This thread has pushed me to the edge. I'm going to finally get a Vudoo ordered but am trying to decide on the barrel and trigger. I saw the thread on triggers, but am curious which barrels you guys are using? The groups posted are all fantastic, so I'm curious if the performance has been equal between all of the options being offered?

This thread has pushed me to the edge. I'm going to finally get a Vudoo ordered but am trying to decide on the barrel and trigger. I saw the thread on triggers, but am curious which barrels you guys are using? The groups posted are all fantastic, so I'm curious if the performance has been equal between all of the options being offered?

I went with the Ace barrel and couldn't be happier. I am sure you won't go wrong with Ace or Bartlien. They have an explanation on their Facebook page that explains barrel choices pretty well. I went with the Calvin Elite Custom and absolutely love it.

When I ordered mine I don't recall having a barrel choice, but I put a Timney Calvin elite in it, just like my Mausingfield and have been real happy with it

Got a 1st and 2nd place finish for Team Vudoo yesterday at the Lapua PRC at Peacemaker. Great rifles made it easier!

9WbvZQA.jpg

Here's the stage sponsored by Vudoo.

Nice win guys! Looks like they had quite a few shooters. Is there a copy of the course of fire available?

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Awesome shooting!! Vudoo Rifles are going to change competition and make a lot of Annie owners nervous when they line up next to one. These rifles are dead serious competitors!

Nice win guys! Looks like they had quite a few shooters. Is there a copy of the course of fire available?

We were emailed them but I will try and cut and paste them here.

Stage 1: Eggcellent Positions Start position: Heels on marks rifle at low ready with magazine inserted bolt open, semi-auto magazine inserted bolt closed on empty chamber. Stage procedure: Upon signal engage each egg array with a maximum of 4 rounds from 1 position. Repeat from different position for each of the remaining 3 arrays. Max 16 rounds, 12 points max. Time: 90 sec Targets: 12 eggs between 30 & 50 yards Shooting off pipe barricade.

Stage 2: Barrels of Fun Start position: Heels on marks rifle at low ready with magazine inserted bolt open, semi-auto magazine inserted bolt closed on empty chamber. Stage procedure: Upon signal engage T1, T2 & T3 with 1 round each hit or miss from top of first barrel. Repeat from top of second and then third barrel. Max 9 rounds, 9 points. Time: 90 sec Targets: B1:165, B2:158, T3:276

Stage 3: Brace Yourself Start position: Heels on marks rifle at low ready with magazine inserted bolt open, semi-auto magazine inserted bolt closed on empty chamber. Stage procedure: Upon signal engage T1- T6 with 2 rounds each hit or miss. May only use upper portion of barricade above tape line. 12 rounds max, 12 points max. Time: 90 sec Targets: T1:112, T2:115, T3:124, T4:135, T5:137, T6:165

Stage 4: Hanging Around Start position: Standing on platform with rifle at low ready with magazine inserted bolt open, semi-auto magazine inserted bolt closed on empty chamber. Stage procedure: Upon signal engage target C from platform only with 10 rounds hit or miss. Only the front crossbar may be used as support. No part of the shooters body or equipment may touch anything other than the platform or front crossbar. Max 10 rounds, 10 points. Time: 90 sec Targets: C @285 Shot off a swinging boat simulator.

Stage 5: Vudoo Gunworks Slanted Range Run Start position: Heels on marks rifle at low ready with magazine inserted bolt open, semi-auto magazine inserted bolt closed on empty chamber. Stage procedure: Upon signal engage T1-T6 with 1 hit each in order. Upon hitting last target re-engage targets in reverse order with 1 hit each. Must hit last target twice. 20 rounds max, 12 points max. Time: 90 sec Targets: T1:135, T2:127, T3:144, T4:178, T5:281, T6:289

Stage 6: PRS Skills Stage 2 Start position: Heels on marks rifle at low ready with magazine inserted bolt open, semi-auto magazine inserted bolt closed on empty chamber. Stage procedure: Upon signal engage Target A with 2 rounds each hit or miss from 4 different positions on the barricade. Must record time for tie breaker. 8 rounds max, 8 points max. Time: 90 sec Targets: A @202 yards

Stage 7: Up Downs Start position: Heels on marks rifle at low ready with magazine inserted bolt open, semi-auto magazine inserted bolt closed on empty chamber. Stage procedure: Upon signal engage left target in berm B with 1 hit from low barrel. Then move to high barrel and engage target on right with 1 hit. Repeat process for 10 total hits or until time expires. Unlimited rounds, 10 points max Time: 90 sec Targets: B @200 yards

Stage 8: It’s a Trap Start position: Heels on marks rifle at low ready with magazine inserted bolt open, semi-auto magazine inserted bolt closed on empty chamber. Stage procedure: Upon signal engage T1-T3 with 3 hits each from tank trap. 12 rounds max, 9 points max. Time: 90 sec Targets: T1:297, T2:290, T3:272

Stage 9: Magnum Research The Log Start position: Heels on marks rifle at low ready with magazine inserted bolt open, semi-auto magazine inserted bolt closed on empty chamber. Stage procedure: Upon signal engage T1-T4 with 2 rounds each hit or miss. Top of log must be used for support. 8 rounds max, 8 points max. Time: 90 sec Targets: T1:133, T2:185, T3:227, T4:252

Rob, first off "congrats!"

Second, any issues with the Razor focusing down? Trying to work out a scope for mine when it gets here.

I may just move the Khales from the Desert Tech as I know that will adjust for parallax down to 25 yards and put a S&B on that, but other options actually in use are always good to hear about.

Thanks. No issues down to 30 yards we shot in the match with the 4.5-27x Razor. The 3-18 and AMG 6-24 both go down to 25 yards but dropping power can allow all to work closer. Had done with with other optics in matches over the years having to shoot down to 11 feet.

Rob, thanks for posting the stage descriptions. They certainly weren't bashful about distance.

Reactions: Rob01
I ordered a LH one yesterday.
I'm using a Kreiger that I had leftover from ages ago, going on 5 years. Hopefully it shoots as well as the others in the batch did.

I'll be putting on a Calvin Elite, putting it in an MPA Comp chassis and hanging my suppressor off the end.

Reactions: Rob01 and RAVAGE88
I ordered a LH one yesterday.
I'm using a Kreiger that I had leftover from ages ago, going on 5 years. Hopefully it shoots as well as the others in the batch did.

I'll be putting on a Calvin Elite, putting it in an MPA Comp chassis and hanging my suppressor off the end.

Glad you're joining the ranks Josh.

MB

Last week the wife and I took a drive up to St. George to Vudoo Gunworks. We spent about an hour with Paul and Jill looking at their facility and a bunch of different options for a new rifle. Paul was the consummate professional Smithy. He answered all of my question, made a few suggestions and brought out multiple barreled actions and chassis/stocks.

By the time we were finished I had not only decided to order a rifle but I was very comfortable in what I was ordering. It was a very comfortable and professional process. The only downside is that by the time we were done my wife had stolen this rifle from me so I'll probably be ordering another one a week or so after this one comes in. On the other hand once she shoots her's there won't be any question about ordering mine.

Thanks Paul and Jill for your time and effort in getting us into the right rifle.

Thanks. No issues down to 30 yards we shot in the match with the 4.5-27x Razor. The 3-18 and AMG 6-24 both go down to 25 yards but dropping power can allow all to work closer. Had done with with other optics in matches over the years having to shoot down to 11 feet.
I checked my AMG at 25 yds ... it's pretty close, but still has some parallax. 24x is too much at 25 yds anyway.

Unless shooting benchrest at that 25 yard range even a small amount of parallax won't move bullet strike much if at all. Usually parallax will throw you off maybe a 1/2 MOA if a good way off and at 25 yards that's about .13" max movement with a lot of parallax. And like you said at 25 yards you will most likely be dialed back anyways.

Reactions: branson1369
What are your guys’ thoughts on the new Sightron scope being released? model #SVSSED

Not the best day to be at the range yesterday, rain and high winds, but I put just over 100 rounds through the new PROOF Research barrel. The first 20 rounds of Center X at 50 are pictured here inside a one inch square. The slight vertical stringing is from the target board rocking back and forth in the wind.

fullsizeoutput_364.jpg

fullsizeoutput_365.jpg

All-in-all, I'm really pleased with the results and I typically see groups tighten with another 100 or so rounds. The guys in St George are seeing the same results in their test platforms. These barrels will be awesome shooters.

MB

Not the best day to be at the range yesterday, rain and high winds, but I put just over 100 rounds through the new PROOF Research barrel. The first 20 rounds of Center X at 50 are pictured here inside a one inch square. The slight vertical stringing is from the target board rocking back and forth in the wind.

All-in-all, I'm really pleased with the results and I typically see groups tighten with another 100 or so rounds. The guys in St George are seeing the same results in their test platforms. These barrels will be awesome shooters.

MB

What is the length and weight of that Barrel Mike?

What is the length and weight of that Barrel Mike?

It's 18" and I don't have an actual weight of the barrel, but it's our KUKRI contour if you have something to compare it to. I'll weigh a Vudoo barrel today that I've not torqued to a receiver yet, should be about the same.

The PROOF barrels are still in testing, we just have a few protos on-hand.

MB

Yes, it is as close to a blended look as you can get, just spinning it on.

The brake is a real asset in that it was needed just to get the 18” barrel long enough to stand in my safe :)

What brake is that?

@RAVAGE88

Any suggestions on which suppressor/s seem to hold the best accuracy with the 16.5 kukri barrels?

My Liberty Kodiak opens groups up a little,not much. But it may tighten groups up on another. I am sure this is the case with any suppressor and any rifle. Shooting groups, I would take the supressor off, shooting matches NRL or PRS style, suppressor on.

Range trip to Woody’s in New Hill NC over the weekend and my new Vudoo exceeded expectations on steel in the wind 100, 200,300 yds consistently (4” to 8” plates).

The best was with my NX 5.5-22 set to 59.5 MOA from 100 yd zero a 4 MOA hold scored me 4 of 7 on a 10” plate . Scope was maxed out so for 400 yds 30 vs 25 rail would have eliminated holdover. The ammo was SK Standard.

I could not be happier with the Vudoo in my JAE 700. Top shelf kit from top shelf manufacturers who also have the best in the industry customer service/Communicatons

@RAVAGE88

Any suggestions on which suppressor/s seem to hold the best accuracy with the 16.5 kukri barrels?

I'm not doing a lot of suppressed shooting these days, but I've experienced stellar repeatable results with Amtac and Thunderbeast.

MB

I'll look at mine tonight, but I wouldn't think they would want to abrasive blast the interior sliding surfaces of the action to get the Cerakote to stick better.

When did VGW start using CeraKote? I thought all their V-22 actions had black nitride (melonite) finish - mine sure does. Or are they now offering CeraKote as an option?

Dthomas3523: Didnt you just ordered that? Looks good. I really like the MPA chassis and the vertical grip.

Got the barreled action second hand. The MPA Hybrid I found online new for $720 shopped.

Took mine out for the first time today. SK standard plus runs lights out in it. Was able to easy make impacts on 3 and 4” steel at 200 yds with 12 mph wind. I’m not sure if that’s impressive, but it’s the furthest I’ve taken out a .22. Going to move to 300 soon.

Easily the best rifle purchase I’ve ever made.

I've got my barreled action bedded in a stock (Grayboe) now. Just waiting on optics. (Athlon ETR)

Dying to try it out!

Congrats on the new stick. SK Rifle Match has been the best performing ammo in my other rifles as well. When the new Vudoo gets here next month it will be my 1st rounds down range. I'm more interested though in seeing how it does with the inexpensive SS ammo like CCI SV or regular SK SS.

Last edited: