• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Got the new Vudoo fitted into new clothes..tried a couple different bullets. Pretty happy with the results!

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    568.7 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    601.4 KB · Views: 407
Reactions: RAVAGE88
That right there is what will justify and compensate for the cost of this rifle. I like it a lot.

And it can shoot better than that. Most of it is my trigger control and the wind. It’s the perfect trainer.

I was a bit apprehensive as I got rid of a custom centerfire to make room for this purchase. It took all of about the 3 first shots to realize this was something different.

And it can shoot better than that. Most of it is my trigger control and the wind. It’s the perfect trainer.

I was a bit apprehensive as I got rid of a custom centerfire to make room for this purchase. It took all of about the 3 first shots to realize this was something different.

ive had to eat a little crow around my parts....I kept saying "ID NEVER PAY THAT MUCH FOR A 22" as i was dumping mad money into a CZ...mine will be here in a few months and the lijia barreled CZ is out.

I am in the same boat. I have a Lilja barreled 455 VPT and I like it a lot ... and have sunk a lot of money into it. But, I get the sense the Vudoo will be better. Saving my pennies ... Just a matter of time!

From time to time a major advancement in either technology or innovation comes to market. It isn't a matter of whether or not we'll embrace the change, it is more a matter of when. This innovation currently affects a very small portion of the shooting market but like so many changes in the past it could very well change the market. Vudoo talks about hitting the market at the perfect time and that is very true.

I didn't want to spend the money for one of these rifles and when I did my wife promptly absconded with it. Once it arrives next month I'll need to order mine. Yeah I'm in the same boat except I'm now selling my Kidd rifles that I just bought or built last year.

One thing I've struggled with as I've been looking at these and finally got to the point where I am ready to order, is I can't tell enough of a difference between several of the models. I wish there was a side by side of them. I'm trying to decide between the Apparition, Ridgeback and the Ravage. Is the only difference the stocks/chassis? I'd love to have one of the JAE chassis, but I'm not sure I'm willing to pay for it. What's the most popular model here? Also, why did you choose the model you chose? Are most ordering a complete rifle, or just a barreled action?

Barrel contour and length and stock are the main differences in what people get. My advice would be to stay in the Kukri contour as it's plenty heavy for a .22LR. Length from 16.5-20" won't effect velocity a lot so any will work. For stock just pick one that you like. Doesn't matter what others use.

Reactions: Rolltide
I went with the Ravage because it closely resembles my .308 in a McMillan stock. The adjustable cheek rest and length of pull were needed upgrades to the stock. I went with the 16" barrel because I always run suppressed so the shorter length is nice

I have the Ridgeback, from the receiver back I really like it, adjustable cheek and LOP via the spacer system.
From the receiver forward its blocky, meaning flat on the bottom and sides like a 2x4, and you have to use the M-Lok system for mounting a bipod,(rail or stud). Still haven't fired it yet, so I can't comment on that, but have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that accuracy will be exceptional.
The barrel is a 16.5 Bartlein, and the trigger is a triggertech primary, and all I can say is that it is one of the cleanest breaking triggers I've felt.

App is “SubMOAPro” on iPhone.

To the question of difference in model, if I were you, unless of of them models your centerfire, buy the barreled action and drop it in the same stock/chassis you centerfire is in.

Well thanks for sucking me in with the rest of you! I have been watching these threads since they started and telling myself I don’t need all that, but no...

You all have to keep getting on here talking about how this is the most fun rifle you have ever shot, and best purchase you have ever made. And some of you have SWEET rifles! I could ignore it when I thought I could get the same groups for a third of the price. But that just wasn’t good enough. You all have convinced me that it isn’t even about the groups, it is about fun. Well, I want to have more fun, too!

I called a week ago to ask a few questions about installing it in my own chassis like many of you and they even offered to have me send it in and they would install it. Great conversation and I was going to call them back to order.

While looking at some rings on Mike Highs webpage, I found that they carry Vudoo barreled-actions, so I double checked to see what they had in stock. Turns out they have several in stock of what I want and it is sitting right in front of him. Order made and I will be receiving it by the end of the week!

Mike at Mile High was super helpful when discussing trigger options and stuff. Happy I get to support a couple forums supporters at one time.

I know it doesn’t count without pictures, so assuming no delays, I should have some pics up by the weekend!

Shooting groups on these can get boring and the range next to my office is paper only. So if I don't want to drive or shoot at lunch, paper it is. I made a 8.5x11 dot drip for the 22LR to help keep me having fun.. Works at 50 works or whatever you have, write down your sequence first, then try to remember them under time pressure.

• Shoot all one color Each color has 10 circles.
  • Shoot Color combinations
  • Shoot Number combinations
  • Shoot only letters
  • Shoot only even - 10 shots at the top
  • Shoot only odd - 10 shots at the top
  • Shoot every 3 or 5th or 10th number - whatever
  • At the bottom of the page under the doted line. Try to shoot the 20 rounds in the proper sequence with a mag reload - do it up and down
  • Shoot the above items in a round robin as groups
  • Have your friend call targets under time, like a classic dot drill
Mix it up.. PDF file attached, prints on any color printer. Circles are .5" if printed 100% on 8.5x11 paper.
Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 4.59.53 PM.png

Attachments

• dot drills 22LR.pdf
    94.9 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Well thanks for sucking me in with the rest of you! I have been watching these threads since they started and telling myself I don’t need all that, but no...

You all have to keep getting on here talking about how this is the most fun rifle you have ever shot, and best purchase you have ever made. And some of you have SWEET rifles! I could ignore it when I thought I could get the same groups for a third of the price. But that just wasn’t good enough. You all have convinced me that it isn’t even about the groups, it is about fun. Well, I want to have more fun, too!

I called a week ago to ask a few questions about installing it in my own chassis like many of you and they even offered to have me send it in and they would install it. Great conversation and I was going to call them back to order.

While looking at some rings on Mike Highs webpage, I found that they carry Vudoo barreled-actions, so I double checked to see what they had in stock. Turns out they have several in stock of what I want and it is sitting right in front of him. Order made and I will be receiving it by the end of the week!

Mike at Mile High was super helpful when discussing trigger options and stuff. Happy I get to support a couple forums supporters at one time.

I know it doesn’t count without pictures, so assuming no delays, I should have some pics up by the weekend!
Congratulations, you're gonna love it!!
DW

Finally got some glass on the way for my Ridgeback, so hopefully one day next week Ill get get it sighted in.
What height rings should I use for a 50mm objective? I'm have a 20 MOA base on it right now, but go a little higher at some point .

Finally got some glass on the way for my Ridgeback, so hopefully one day next week Ill get get it sighted in.
What height rings should I use for a 50mm objective? I'm have a 20 MOA base on it right now, but go a little higher at some point .

This is mine with an AMG. Mount is a 1.18” spuhr.
93975672-FB77-47FE-8DF5-A5DB9EECD293.jpeg

I jumped on last week. Left hand 18inch barrel and a Manners Elite stock from Core. I cant wait they said 6 weeks but that sounds too fast. My AMG is coming today and I went with Triggertech. I have a few Anschutz rifles a 54MS and an 1813L . Both lefty but not repeaters. My days of 3 position are over. This is the way to go.

I like a lower mount, but don't use anything lower than 24 mm with a Vortex AMG. I started with the 22 mm ARC M10 rings (20 MOA rail) and the bolt handle hit the magnification adjusting ring.

Did an ARA match this weekend, great improvement for me using the vudoo in a grayboe stock. Target range 50 yards, score 1750 with 11x, winds 8-9 o clock gusting 3-12 MPH, Lapua Center-X average 1110 fps with 7.8 std deviation, 80 f degrees rising to 86 with 30.11 hg. This target was a new high for me as my best previous high score was a 1470. ARA bulls are 1/2" X ring , 1" total diameter and worst case scoring is used (if it breaks the line you score lower). One guy shot a 2200 on his first card of 5, but none of his subsequent scores broke 1900 when the wind picked up, so I feel pretty good about this target as it was #5 of 5.

X7YZaD6.jpg

Last edited:
Just have to say I ordered a V22 on Monday and...…. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

:)

Did an ARA match this weekend, great improvement for me using the vudoo in a grayboe stock. Target range 50 yards, score 1750 with 11x, winds 8-9 o clock gusting 3-12 MPH, Lapua Center-X average 1110 fps with 7.8 std deviation, 80 f degrees rising to 86 with 30.11 hg. This target was a new high for me as my best previous high score was a 1470. ARA bulls are 1/2" X ring , 1" total diameter and worst case scoring is used (if it breaks the line you score lower). One guy shot a 2200 on his first card of 5, but none of his subsequent scores broke 1900 when the wind picked up, so I feel pretty good about this target as it was #5 of 5.

X7YZaD6.jpg

Man that's great for 50 with gust to 12mph!

Mile High might have them in stock. I know someone picked up a barreled action from them recently.

Anyone know the current lead time on actions?

Everything varies based on what you want. Give them a call during the week and you can get everything answered along with leadtimes very quickly. My order of a Apparition a few weeks ago was 8 weeks out.

New Vudoo came in right on schedule and dropped right into my XLR. I will probably swap to a chassis/stock with a shorter handguard, even though it has the ultimate barrel protection and a nice extended point for the bipod to connect to.

I did need slightly taller rings with my Athlon and defender caps. I must have miscalculated something, because I thought I added just enough extra for the caps, but they are just short.

I must also say that the guys at Vudoo that I have spoken to, Mike and Cole, have gone above and beyond to help me with my questions and help make sure this purchase works out perfectly for me.

Attachments

• 3C7D6A97-214C-49D9-BD18-62C08A93C0A0.jpeg
    3C7D6A97-214C-49D9-BD18-62C08A93C0A0.jpeg
    266.1 KB · Views: 249
Reactions: Gouldphoto
Vudoo Challenge "Trophy" RTIC Tumbler showed up yesterday ... (YAY)
MPA Chassis showing up today... (YAY)
Barreled action showing up Thursday... (YAY)
Not sure if my Trigger Tech Diamond will be here this week or not... (BOOOO)

3 outta 4 ain't bad. It SUCKS!!! Gotta see if I have a 700 trigger laying around. Hoping to take the Vudoo and the Jelrod 40XB to the range Sunday.

What ring height is everyone running? I won't have my rifle in hand (should be one of the first in Canada though) and looking at pics it looks like it is a lower profile rail.

I am putting a 4-16X56 PMII ultrabright on top.

Iam planning on the 24mm ARC rings with a Vortex AMG. Should be here end of next week! I did have a Burris XTR2 3-15 in the same ring height and it was not a problem

I'm using ARC 24mm rings with a Vortex AMG. The bolt handle will hit the Vortex scope if you go any lower.

I'm using ARC 24mm rings with a Vortex AMG. The bolt handle will hit the Vortex scope if you go any lower.
No it wont.the arc 24mm is .94" i had this ring on SB even big ocular TT im using .915" iota rings and knob plenty of room when ejecting..you do realize that vudoo22 has 60°bolt throw right?
Screenshot_20180620-070525.png

Reactions: DRAGON64
No it wont.the arc 24mm is .94" i had this ring on SB even big ocular TT im using .915" iota rings and knob plenty of room when ejecting.

Sadly I'm speaking from experience . . . specifically addressing a Vortex AMG mounted on a V22.

Vortex_AMG.jpg

bjay, where did you get the idea that the V-22 has a 60* bolt throw? Look at your bolt while you open and close it - that point where the root of the bolt handle is machined most certainly moves through 90* when the bolt is opened or closed, just like the 40X or XB actions the V-22 is based on. If an action has three lugs arranged every 120* around the bolt nose or body, then you'll have a 60* bolt throw. When you've got two lugs 180* apart, you're going to have 90* bolt throw.

bjay, where did you get the idea that the V-22 has a 60* bolt throw? Look at your bolt while you open and close it - that point where the root of the bolt handle is machined most certainly moves through 90* when the bolt is opened or closed, just like the 40X or XB actions the V-22 is based on. If an action has three lugs arranged every 120* around the bolt nose or body, then you'll have a 60* bolt throw. When you've got two lugs 180* apart, you're going to have 90* bolt throw.
I guess i should believe the guy who made the action eh?(paul parrot) the concept was adopted from 40x but internal is diff.
Screenshot_20180621-062656.png