• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

My Timney CE has no discernable creep between stages that I note. I have several Kidds in 10/22 s which is the gold standard for 10/22. Timney is a bit heavier pull but compares to feel in many ways. Wanted 2 stage and TT didn't have one. Huber was not what I was looking for really...

What about Huber is off putting for you? I think I will go with TT

I went with the Triggertech Diamond, and I was very glad I did. So easy to adjust with one screw without taking the rifle apart. And a wonderful break. Loved being able to take it down to light pull and it turned out amazing. I will happily purchase another.

I went with the Triggertech Diamond, and I was very glad I did. So easy to adjust with one screw without taking the rifle apart. And a wonderful break. Loved being able to take it down to light pull and it turned out amazing. I will happily purchase another.

Was this the vudoo you sold?

Vudoo is building mine now. It should be done about June first. I too went with the diamond. Why did you sell your Vudoo?

I went with trigger tech primary single stage works very well and can adjust it from the bottom through the MPA stock. Very easy.

Hey Airgunshawn
Are you going nuts waiting for the phone to ring ? Vudoo is ready!

Vudoo is building mine now. It should be done about June first. I too went with the diamond. Why did you sell your Vudoo?
Funny you ask that with your name... I just had too much money tied up in it and wasn't competing and was getting heavily into airguns instead. Unfortunately, it cost me MUCH more money in airguns. The Vudoo was and is still the best of any rifle I've ever shot. I have made shots with it I've never made with any of my other rifles. My scores were better with it than any rifle I've owned. The CZ I have left is the closest I've had to it (and it has won competitions on the bench). I too had it in an MPA with the TT trigger, which is my favorite chassis.

That being said, that Vudoo is one of very few rifles I've ever regretted selling, and the Vudoo is the only one I regret selling because I knew I might not ever be that happy again. I have strongly considered buying another, but I have been able to talk myself out for now because I have been too busy to shoot lately.

Hello - I’m looking for some very specific direction. When I ordered my V-22 with a MTU 19”, A.I. AX, with a Timney CE single-stage flat trigger, Vudoo recommended the trigger be set at 1.5 pounds. I have not tested it, but it feels very heavy. I would like to set it at 8 ounces, without messing anything up! Can someone walk me through the very specific detailed steps to set my trigger at 8 ounces?

Thanks!

Funny you ask that with your name... I just had too much money tied up in it and wasn't competing and was getting heavily into airguns instead. Unfortunately, it cost me MUCH more money in airguns. The Vudoo was and is still the best of any rifle I've ever shot. I have made shots with it I've never made with any of my other rifles. My scores were better with it than any rifle I've owned. The CZ I have left is the closest I've had to it (and it has won competitions on the bench). I too had it in an MPA with the TT trigger, which is my favorite chassis.
Hi Skoky3y.... Air guns do get expensive fast.... lol. I also scuba dive so I had the tanks for my FWB P-70. It has been power booted to just over 16 ft. / lbs. My other toy is a HW-97K. It is lots of fun because it doesn't need any support equipment. I have moved to an area that does not have air gun comps near by so I got into the .22LR game. With virtually zero recoil, it is not to tough to hit aspirin at 50 yards with the P-70. As for costing stuff that you don't use much, I feel ya. I have a 45-70 that has a chunk of money tied up in it. And it is 1.50 each time it goes bang. My solution for that was to get a .22lr insert so that I can shoot it all day long cheaply. Since illness has driven me out of Climbing, Scuba diving and Hang-gliding, I don't feel very bad about buying some nice new toy's for myself. I also bought a CZ 457 MTR and she is very nice and I'm very happy with her. Her trigger is 9 oz. but it feels like my Annie at 6 oz. I was really shocked at how nice the CZ 457 MTR was out of the box.

Attachments

• DSC09666.JPG
    DSC09666.JPG
    403.9 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC09871.JPG
    DSC09871.JPG
    493.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Z2.jpg
    Z2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Z3.jpg
    Z3.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 69
  • Z4.jpg
    Z4.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Z6.jpg
    Z6.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Z7.jpg
    Z7.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC09854.JPG
    DSC09854.JPG
    407.7 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC09800.JPG
    DSC09800.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: Skok3y
That being said, that Vudoo is one of very few rifles I've ever regretted selling, and the Vudoo is the only one I regret selling because I knew I might not ever be that happy again. I have strongly considered buying another, but I have been able to talk myself out for now because I have been too busy to shoot lately.

I often get too ill to shoot but when I feel even ok, I need to have something on hand to do. IE: my guns. Shooting them or working on them. I also just bought a couple of Annies with the 5098 trigger that dials down to 6 oz. I am happy to say that my niece shoots, she
will get my guns when I die. That is another reason for buying nice stuff . If it's tools, guns, wood working planes etc. They can be handed down as they are heirloom quality. I did sell my Lie Nielsen wood working tools and got back every dime that I had into them.
I may sell my FWB P-70 as it is a little obscure for her to keep.

Reactions: Skok3y
YES...... I'm going nuts for my Vudoo. I wish it were done!
You’ll love it when it comes. I got mine when there was snow on the ground and 30 below zero so it sat in the safe when I irate got it for a few weeks waiting to get nicer out. I was very happy I spent the extra money to get quality

Hi Skoky3y.... Air guns do get expensive fast.... lol. I also scuba dive so I had the tanks for my FWB P-70. It has been power booted to just over 16 ft. / lbs. My other toy is a HW-97K. It is lots of fun because it doesn't need any support equipment. I have moved to an area that does not have air gun comps near by so I got into the .22LR game. With virtually zero recoil, it is not to tough to hit aspirin at 50 yards with the P-70. As for costing stuff that you don't use much, I feel ya. I have a 45-70 that has a chunk of money tied up in it. And it is 1.50 each time it goes bang. My solution for that was to get a .22lr insert so that I can shoot it all day long cheaply. Since illness has driven me out of Climbing, Scuba diving and Hang-gliding, I don't feel very bad about buying some nice new toy's for myself. I also bought a CZ 457 MTR and she is very nice and I'm very happy with her. Her trigger is 9 oz. but it feels like my Annie at 6 oz. I was really shocked at how nice the CZ 457 MTR was out of the box.
You have some nice rifles there. We like shooting aspirin too. That is what I grew up shooting at. My uncle and I still do. When I sold my Vudoo, I started off cheap with a Marauder and a pump and a small Guppy tank. Upgraded a few times to my Red Wolf and Daystate compressor, and then it hit me... I thought I was supposed to be saving money going to airguns! Not even close!!! Maybe on the rounds, but that is it!! The Vudoo spoiled me. I haven’t been able to replicate it. I sure do like how quiet the airguns are though!!

Received THE call from Vudoo! Of course the rifle would be ready to pick up, I'm local, when I'm out of town at a conference. It'll be in my grubby little hand on Friday. Just in time for the weekend.

Reactions: Moose
Cobalt, sniper grey, graphite black...I assume graphite is the darkest, followed by cobalt and sniper grey? Getting down to the details of my rifle...having a hard time deciding between colors.

While the actual tone of the color may not be exact, you can Google Cerakote color chart, and see how dark they are relative to each other. Also, some Cerakote colors are metallic, and some are flat.

I was considering getting a stainless barrel, and having the action Cerakoted a stainless color, but Vudoo explained to me that the barrel had to be screwed and torqued into the action, and if you Cerakoted the action first, it would get marred when installing the barrel, and they didn't think it was possible to mask off the barrel and just Cerakote the action after barrel installation.

So, the options available were keep the action raw (it is stainless, as is the bolt) with stainless barrel (for some reason, this option didn't come up in the discussion), Melonite the action with stainless barrel, or Cerakote the action and barrel. I think they like to at least Melonite the action, because it hardens the metal.

Cobalt, sniper grey, graphite black...I assume graphite is the darkest, followed by cobalt and sniper grey? Getting down to the details of my rifle...having a hard time deciding between colors.
Have you gone to the Cerakote site? the have lots of cool colors.... USMC Red... I'm getting NRA Blue next to an all black MDT LSS Gen2 rifle chassis. I think all of your colors are shown on the site. They even have prison PINK.. LoL

EDIT: I just went here to their Gallery. https://www.cerakote.com/

Last edited:
Color choices are as personal as the choice of stock type - what rocks for one person, sucks in the view of someone else. I've painted lots of customers' rifles over the years - first with GunKote, and now with CeraKote. Some guys want a fair amount of contrast between the painted bbl'd action & stock, others like a closer match. I did a M700 hunter in 250AI for myself when I was still using GunKote, and bought a B&C #1000 M-40-style stock for it in OD w/blk web. Decided to try OD GunKote on the bbl'd action & BM - it turned out to be too much green for my tastes, and after a few months of regretting the appearance, I pulled the bbl'd action out of the stock, blasted all the OD off, and re-painted it in graphite black, then put it into another B&C #1000 in tan with blk web - it looks a whole lot more attractive to me now. I've got tan/earth tone CK in desert sand, McM tan, FDE, Magpul FDE, coyote tan, and patriot brown, and have found uses for all those colors, both in matching & contrasting stock colors/camo patterns. Spending some time going through a few of CeraKote's photo galleries can be time very well-spent when it comes to making a decision on what you want for your next rig.

Hey Airgunshawn
Well the truth is the 24th is my birthday you don’t have to wrap the box.hahaha
Oh man the the waiting game sucks.
I have a mpa chassis I’m waiting for I ordered it Nov 30th still waiting(for Howa action)
I did go out and shoot today out to 100 yards is not much challenge so I shot at 200 and 288 at 1moa targets wow what a lot of fun. A member stop by the range and he shot the Vudoo he was shocked how great it shoot at 288 he said that’s the farthest ever shot a 22lr. Then he asked how much he was shocked again.
Keep me posted on how it shoots and send pics

Well, after a lot of contemplation, study, and reflection, I decided that I could not live my life without a Vudoo V22 (LOL!!). I placed my order last week. Andrew was very helpful, and actually talked me out of a few things that I was sure I was going to buy (the travel case and the Area 419 compensator). Even after all the time they spent with me on phone, I forgot to order the t-shirt and the chamber flag, but Jill was very helpful in updating my order and reiterated that they don't mind updating orders, because they want us to be absolutely 100% satisfied with our order. So, the wait is on, but I am well accustomed to waiting for custom orders, so shouldn't be a problem. I am not in a rush. Looking forward to getting it though!

If you do some testing with various lots of Std+, it's possible to find a lot that will shoot real well out to 200yds. I don't know how often an exceptionally good lot comes along, but I found one that was good enough to give my best lots of SK Rifle Match, LR Match, and even Lapua Center-X a run for the money from 50 all the way out to 200yds. This is only the 2nd exceptional lot I've found in several years, but then I haven't been testing a lot of Std+ because I didn't believe it could be good enough to be worthwhile doing so.

If you do some testing with various lots of Std+, it's possible to find a lot that will shoot real well out to 200yds. I don't know how often an exceptionally good lot comes along, but I found one that was good enough to give my best lots of SK Rifle Match, LR Match, and even Lapua Center-X a run for the money from 50 all the way out to 200yds. This is only the 2nd exceptional lot I've found in several years, but then I haven't been testing a lot of Std+ because I didn't believe it could be good enough to be worthwhile doing so.

Where are you buying the various lots of SK+? I have a few lots but they are old and probably couldn't get them now anyway.

Where are you buying the various lots of SK+? I have a few lots but they are old and probably couldn't get them now anyway.

I bought the most recent lot samples I have from Good Shooting. If you look up Capstone Precision's list of dealers who have a direct line to their inventory, you can pick & choose from that list. Champion's Choice is also listed there, and there are several others - I had that list after I had one of my V-22s tested at the Lapua Test Center, but don't know what I've done with it.

Well, after a lot of contemplation, study, and reflection, I decided that I could not live my life without a Vudoo V22 (LOL!!). I placed my order last week. Andrew was very helpful, and actually talked me out of a few things that I was sure I was going to buy (the travel case and the Area 419 compensator). Even after all the time they spent with me on phone, I forgot to order the t-shirt and the chamber flag, but Jill was very helpful in updating my order and reiterated that they don't mind updating orders, because they want us to be absolutely 100% satisfied with our order. So, the wait is on, but I am well accustomed to waiting for custom orders, so shouldn't be a problem. I am not in a rush. Looking forward to getting it though!
Cmkaco
I’m glad the Vudoo saved your life, I’t saved mine I was getting so frustrated with low quality firearms poor accuracy in 22lr .

Reactions: Cmkaco
MTU vs kukri for a pure target rifle with suppressor
Pro / Cons ??

80% are buying kukri. I like thicker barrels. but will buy kukri since I care about resale and I know it will likely sell easier. Besides that, there isn't much difference. One is not more accurate then the other.

I was going to get the custom travel case for my Vudoo, but Andrew (from Vudoo) mentioned that it is very heavy, and that he only uses it when he is flying with his vudoo. What type of case does the rifle come standard with? Is it fitted at all, or is it just a plastic hard case with egg crate foam?

I was going to get the custom travel case for my Vudoo, but Andrew (from Vudoo) mentioned that it is very heavy, and that he only uses it when he is flying with his vudoo. What type of case does the rifle come standard with? Is it fitted at all, or is it just a plastic hard case with egg crate foam?
Plastic hard case and after I scoped and put on my bipod it wouldn’t fit. I have a pelican vault and it is a bit heavy but protects my rifle well I have several Pelican 1750’s and the vault is lighter.

Reactions: Cmkaco
How big of a Vault would I need for a Vudoo with 20" barrel, scope and bipod? They make a takedown, a tactical, and a single rifle case.

Cmkaco
I’m glad the Vudoo saved your life, I’t saved mine I was getting so frustrated with low quality firearms poor accuracy in 22lr .

The frustration for me now is the gun shoots much better than I do and it really exaggerates my weaknesses!

Scootch

How do your guns like SK std. +?

I have a shit ton of it.
All of my guns like the red and Yellow box SK ammo though I have not shot over a hundred yet. I am still in the ammo testing phase and frankly just getting into the .22 game. My CZ MTR wont even cycle some ammo like Wolf match while the Ruger RPRR will cycle anything. I'm also working on my scopes and could use some input. I have no way of comparing scopes side by side.
Thus far I have a ARES and some HELOS from Athlon. What I think I want is something like a 10 x 50 with great glass. What do you guy's suggest??

Attachments

• DSC09880.JPG
    DSC09880.JPG
    352.8 KB · Views: 44
AirGunShawn - A Sightron SIII 10-50x60 might be a good scope for benchrest shooting, but if you're wanting to get into comps like NRL22, I think that's too much magnification. You didn't say which Ares scope you have - the BTR is 6-24x50 w/30mm tube, while the ETR is 4.5-30x56 w/34mm tube. The BTR has a fairly heavy reticle with a + aiming point, while the BTRs reticle is lighter/thinner, with a floating dot aiming point. Their top-of-the-line Cronus scope is 4.5-29x56; the BTR has a finer APRS reticle than the older, pre-BTR model, still with the + aiming point, and the newest model has the APRS1 reticle with floating dot aiming point. I've got all three models of the Cronus on various .22RF repeaters, and like the original heavy + aiming point best when shooting PRS-style matches where you may need to engage movers. For finer work such as BR target shooting, either the BTR's finer + aiming point or the new floating dot reticle are easier to use when shooting groups.

I've also got a Weaver T24 on a nice old Winchester M52D single shot target rifle; an 1/8 min dot works pretty well for shooting conventional bullseye targets. Different scopes for different folks - and also for different games. The choices in optics we have today can be baffling compared to what was available when I started shooting back in 1963....

AirGunShawn - A Sightron SIII 10-50x60 might be a good scope for benchrest shooting, but if you're wanting to get into comps like NRL22, I think that's too much magnification. You didn't say which Ares scope you have - the BTR is 6-24x50 w/30mm tube, while the ETR is 4.5-30x56 w/34mm tube. The BTR has a fairly heavy reticle with a + aiming point, while the BTRs reticle is lighter/thinner, with a floating dot aiming point. Their top-of-the-line Cronus scope is 4.5-29x56; the BTR has a finer APRS reticle than the older, pre-BTR model, still with the + aiming point, and the newest model has the APRS1 reticle with floating dot aiming point. I've got all three models of the Cronus on various .22RF repeaters, and like the original heavy + aiming point best when shooting PRS-style matches where you may need to engage movers. For finer work such as BR target shooting, either the BTR's finer + aiming point or the new floating dot reticle are easier to use when shooting groups.

I've also got a Weaver T24 on a nice old Winchester M52D single shot target rifle; an 1/8 min dot works pretty well for shooting conventional bullseye targets. Different scopes for different folks - and also for different games. The choices in optics we have today can be baffling compared to what was available when I started shooting back in 1963....

I hear people saying that the SIII is too much magnification. I would think you could just dial down the mag when not needed, and dial it up when shooting paper. I have a PST G2, that I may re-purpose to my 223 Tx3 (don't have a dedicated scope for it yet) and get the SIII for my V22 since all I do is shoot for groups at 50 and 100 yrds.

I do like the Athlon scopes though, have not heard anything negative about them. I see Athelon as walking in the footsteps of Vortex. Putting out quality products and delivering stellar CS. I would not hesitate to get one. I got the PST G2 on a fire sale for around $750 a while back. Couldn't resist.

Hello Dennis, I have the ARES ETR and two 8 - 34 HELOS BTRs also one HELOS BTR 6 - 24.
They are all nice scopes with the ARES ETR being my favorite. They are all MOA and Illuminated reticle.
I hope to have my Vudoo on Friday or Saturday and am thinking of a new scope for her.
Jason at Ozark optics has treated me well and he is wanting to sell me the CRONUS. What I do know is that I cant see super fine cross hairs and don't care for a dot. All of my scopes have the reticle that zooms as you increase power.
I tend to shoot everything at a high power setting also. So I suppose the question is, what would you recommend if ATHLON did not exist. As far as shooting comps go, I don't even know what the .22 guys have going on as I am brand new to powder guns. A Sightron would be perfect if I were shooting air guns. BTW..... why would I not just turn the power down to compete in some limited class comp? Also, could you mention some of the different shooting types?
My shooting style is normally slow.

Thanks so much
Shawn
ps. i'm falling asleep at my laptop.

Shawn, The only comps I've been shooting with .22RF rifles are practical/tactical, fairly fast, timed stages, with various targets - paper & steel - at distances of from 50yds out past 300yds. It's just the type of comps that the V-22 really excels at, and I've been more than satisfied with the Cronus scopes on my 40XB & V-22 repeaters. Mentioning the pre-BTR Cronus & reticle is academic, since they're no longer made nor available, unless you purchase used. However, I still tend to think that the older, pre-BTR's heavy + aiming point is easier to keep track of while shooting movers, and only becomes a little bit of a liability when you're shooting groups with max magnification, and are wanting a very precise aiming point that won't partially obscure what you're aiming at. I don't actually care for the floating dot aiming point, especially in a ffp scope where it shrinks in size when you reduce magnification - as we do when shooting movers. For all intents & purposes, the floating dot disappears for me when I back down to 10x-12x for shooting movers, while the heavy BTR + aiming point is still quite visible/distinct.

I'd say that if you're looking to shoot in any sort of competition, you're going to find it somewhat difficult to pick one scope that's perfectly suited to widely different shooting disciplines. But at the same time, I don't believe being 'perfectly suited' is all that critical. Find a scope with the right combination of: 1. a reticle that you like 2. optical quality good enough to suit your vision 3. controls that are easy to use 4. a good workable zero-stop 5. last, but more important than any of the other 4 - a scope that's got accurate & repeatable tracking. None of the .22RF matches I'm aware of limit magnification of optical sights, so pick what you feel you need. If your local gun shop has a good selection of scopes, spend some time checking them out. If Athlon didn't exist, I might still be shooting a lot of Sightron's scopes. I used to have several of their SIII 6-24x50 scopes on tactical rifles, but 2nd focal plane scopes complicate things when you're using reticle hash marks for holding off for lead on movers, and even with very good glass & workable reticles, the SIIIs still didn't have zero stops, which can be a royal PITA if you don't have a system to help keep track of your elevation zero. I see they're coming out with a new SV 34mm scope that will have a zero stop - if I weren't heavily invested in Athlon scopes, I'd probably be wanting to try one of the new SVs. The single Vortex AMG I looked at in a gun shop last year impressed me with its optical quality & reticle - that might be another scope for you to look at. Thing is, with all the scopes available in today's market, it's hard to keep up with what's out there. I live in a very rural area, don't have many gun shops out here, and the ones we do have don't usually carry a full line of scopes so buyers can compare. It's often a lot easier to go to a club match and get to know shooters there who'll gladly let you look at & through their scopes.

Best of luck to you in your search for optics.