• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I know that Foundation inlets for Vudoo and RimX... I'm just wondering if I can get a happy medium or if I'm stuck inletting it for one or the other

I Know they do a Vudoo inlet, but when I was looking only 700s were available used. I’ll likely be selling my Foundation soon if you want it.

Is anyone using a bix n Andy tacsport pro 2 stage with the medium sear in your gen 2 v22.

Anybody with a Manners TCS.
Is there an ever so slight upward angle on the A419 rail in the last 2 1/2" past the end of the stock. Mine has it, doesn't affect use of rail, just wondering if it's design or mine took a hit and tweaked it. Cross section of rail is thin at that point.

I have a weird question: but I guess thats why I joined this forum -- to ask and learn.

I have a Ravage being built by VGW... I had them bed the action into the Grayboe Ridgeback stock...

My question:
If I have an action bedded into the stock -- does that mean I can (easily) remove the barreled action from the stock if need be? Or is it "in" there after getting it bedded?

I ask because I was wondering about different stocks... like -- later on down the road if I'd like to pull the barreled action and throw it into a chassis is that going to be do-able or would that mess up my bedding job?

Thanks in advance, I promise I will have many, many other weird questions. LOL

I have a weird question: but I guess thats why I joined this forum -- to ask and learn.

I have a Ravage being built by VGW... I had them bed the action into the Grayboe Ridgeback stock...

My question:
If I have an action bedded into the stock -- does that mean I can (easily) remove the barreled action from the stock if need be? Or is it "in" there after getting it bedded?

I ask because I was wondering about different stocks... like -- later on down the road if I'd like to pull the barreled action and throw it into a chassis is that going to be do-able or would that mess up my bedding job?

Yes, you can remove it. But, if you should want to run another action in that stock even though it is R700 based if "may" be an issue because it has been molded to a specific action.

Reactions: One Mile Up

My question:

Bedding is essentially just squishing your action into some epoxy. The action is coated in a release agent so the action comes out of the stock. The reason it's done is to provide 100% support for the action and avoid any residual stresses you get from screwing an action into a stock with a slightly different inlet shape than your action.

The above description is an oversimplification, and a lot of work goes into bedding a stock, but the purpose is all the same.

Reactions: One Mile Up
Is there an ever so slight upward angle on the A419 rail in the last 2 1/2" past the end of the stock. Mine has it, doesn't affect use of rail, just wondering if it's design or mine took a hit and tweaked it. Cross section of rail is thin at that point.
PXL_20200914_233243297.jpg

Reactions: MPrimo
If I remove the rail, its straight. The bottom of my TCS isn't straight. There's a 1/16 inch gap or so in the end when I'm putting it back on, but it tightens up just fine.

If you mean there's a slight but abrupt change where the rail is unsupported, no it probably got tweaked.

C31E657D-0897-4C38-A55E-0EEE1B232EC2.jpeg

That describes the situation exactly. No damage to rail, will have to be wary about running bipod at tip.
Not sure why everyone is going with ARCA past the forend. Putting your bipod out beyond the stock only leads to trouble. No arca rail is very strong without support and it usually manifests itself in groups opening up downrange.

Reactions: phlegethon
Not sure why everyone is going with ARCA past the forend. Putting your bipod out beyond the stock only leads to trouble. No arca rail is very strong without support and it usually manifests itself in groups opening up downrange.

I don't know... MPA, KRG, ARC chassis all offer spigot mounts to extend out where you put the bipod. I personally have never used them, and I also don't load into my bipod enough that it would ever bend/flex the rail either.

I don't know... MPA, KRG, ARC chassis all offer spigot mounts to extend out where you put the bipod. I personally have never used them, and I also don't load into my bipod enough that it would ever bend/flex the rail either.
Spigots are fine since they're built to take a bipod load. I havent seen anyone have a problem with POI shifts or groups opening up because of them.

Standard arca rails that bolt on the bottom and extend out past the forend are a whole different story.

I'm asking if he's seen poi shifts or opening groups because of bolted on arca rails that extend past the forend

Spigots are fine since they're built to take a bipod load. I havent seen anyone have a problem with POI shifts or groups opening up because of them.

Standard arca rails that bolt on the bottom and extend out past the forend are a whole different story.
data or didn't happen

Reactions: Dthomas3523

You have to get much further out than the inch or two to see flex enough to matter.

Besides that, most of the rails you see extending to past the end are due to the rails being manufactured/sold separately. It makes much more sense to sell rails that a longer that most so they won’t ever be shorter than something they are installed on. Consumers won’t care if the rail is a little longer. They will definitely not like it if the rail is too short. So, you either carry 15 sku designed for each stock/chassis, or you carry one that’s flush on some and a bit longer on others.

But again, the slight bit longer we are typically seeing isn’t going to hurt much.

I emailed bullet central about the sear hight for the voodoo v22 with a tacsport pro 2 stage and they say to use the low sear, which contradicts what I’ve read here. I was all set to order the high sear, now I don’t know. Anyone with experience with this combo care to chime in, I would appreciate it

jmw,

I don't have Tacsport pro's but do have Bix'n Andy competition triggers on my 2 Vudoo repeaters plus one more on a good friend's of mine for a total of three v-22's. All of them measured out for high sears. I hope this helps!

Shane

jmw,

I don't have Tacsport pro's but do have Bix'n Andy competition triggers on my 2 Vudoo repeaters plus one more on a good friend's of mine for a total of three v-22's. All of them measured out for high sears. I hope this helps!

Shane
Thanks
Jason

Is anyone having problems with Vudoo mags in TCS stocks? Mine sit really low and cause feeding issues.
Do you have a gunsmith near you that knows what he’s doing? If so, I may have him weld a little bead on the mag catch and file it down to get the mags to sit higher. That’s what I did to my AI AX chassis to fix my issues

Do you have a gunsmith near you that knows what he’s doing? If so, I may have him weld a little bead on the mag catch and file it down to get the mags to sit higher. That’s what I did to my AI AX chassis to fix my issues

i don’t have anyone close. I don’t necessarily want to mod a 1500$ stock either. Makes it hard to switch around or sell later if I want. If push comes to shove, I’ll put it back in my foundation. That one didn’t have problems.

Good luck! I hope they’ll be able to help ya out. Let us know what they say as I am wanting to to get a tcs

Reactions: mercracing
It’s a mini chassis so there shouldn’t be an issue. Have used my Vudoo in at least 4 Manners with mini chassis and they feed perfectly.

Is it just one mag or all of them?

I got mine in a TCS and it feeds fine out of all of my plastic mags I did order it from manners to use with a Vudoo action so it might have a longer mag catch than normal.

i don’t have anyone close. I don’t necessarily want to mod a 1500$ stock either. Makes it hard to switch around or sell later if I want. If push comes to shove, I’ll put it back in my foundation. That one didn’t have problems.

Don't blame you not wanting to mode that.

Worse case senerio, buy just a replacement mag catch (Manners will hopefully give you one after you explain the situation) and have that one modded, then you can return the stock to factory configuration if plans change.

I got mine in a TCS and it feeds fine out of all of my plastic mags I did order it from manners to use with a Vudoo action so it might have a longer mag catch than normal.

I believe all that does is effect the ejection port and bolt release placement. All my mini chassis are for centerfire rifles and the mags run fine also.

I emailed bullet central about the sear hight for the voodoo v22 with a tacsport pro 2 stage and they say to use the low sear, which contradicts what I’ve read here. I was all set to order the high sear, now I don’t know. Anyone with experience with this combo care to chime in, I would appreciate it

It's easy to measure.

It’s a mini chassis so there shouldn’t be an issue. Have used my Vudoo in at least 4 Manners with mini chassis and they feed perfectly.

Is it just one mag or all of them?

I have three plastic mags, and two TCS. All mags and both TCS the mag is loose. I only tried feeding with the one the Vudoo is installed in, but the other TCS is just as loose.

I believe all that does is effect the ejection port and bolt release placement. All my mini chassis are for centerfire rifles and the mags run fine also.
There can be variations in actions that affect feeding height and require different mag catches, even though all the mini chassis are the same. My PRS-TCS needed a shorter mag catch for most AICS mags in centerfire, and I had to get a longer catch for the Xylo/Vudoo combo.

There can be variations in actions that affect feeding height and require different mag catches, even though all the mini chassis are the same. My PRS-TCS needed a shorter mag catch for most AICS mags in centerfire, and I had to get a longer catch for the Xylo/Vudoo combo.

I must be the luckiest bastard around as everything feeds from all my mini chassis stocks. Centerfire AICS and rimfire. LOL Have had multiple Rem 700, Surgeon, Bighorn TL3(.308 and .223 bolt heads) and Vudoo in mini chassis and all feed great.

I must be the luckiest bastard around as everything feeds from all my mini chassis stocks. Centerfire AICS and rimfire. LOL Have had multiple Rem 700, Surgeon, Bighorn TL3(.308 and .223 bolt heads) and Vudoo in mini chassis and all feed great.
it's cause you're a jersey shooter. didn't you know they hand pick and QC every little piece of gear you get :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Rob01