• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Lightened things up! Put back on the AMG, shifted weights around, and put the new long thread protector from @Tiger_Shilone (thank you!)

18" Kukri, in a full length ACC. Rifle with 15 round aluminum magazine as pictured down to 16.4lbs. Shaved off 2 pounds while still being able to free balance it on a barricade.

1612237184740.png

Lightened things up! Put back on the AMG, shifted weights around, and put the new long thread protector from @Tiger_Shilone (thank you!)

18" Kukri, in a full length ACC. Rifle with 15 round aluminum magazine as pictured down to 16.4lbs. Shaved off 2 pounds while still being able to free balance it on a barricade.

View attachment 7544231

Bit the bullet and just submitted an order form. Waiting for the call to place the order and submit deposit. 😁

Do I sell my barreled action first or wait until the new one arrives?

What's the deposit and current wait time? 🤓

What are you doing?

Just considering going with the 22" MTU vs. the 18" Kukri I currently have. Thinking it's better to keep the perfectly functioning barrel with its action. Be a shame to separate them as it shoots very well as is. Gonna keep the current barreled action until I shoot the new one. Then decide If I'll sell one or the other or keep both. I really don't know yet. 😁

Just considering going with the 22" MTU vs. the 18" Kukri I currently have. Thinking it's better to keep the perfectly functioning barrel with its action. Be a shame to separate them as it shoots very well as is. Gonna keep the current barreled action until I shoot the new one. Then decide If I'll sell one or the other or keep both. I really don't know yet. 😁
You'd be crazy not to keep both.

Once I get my LH, I'm keeping my RH..

Reactions: Jefe's Dope

The 10oz muzzle protector really changed the entire balance of the rifle. I actually think now with the ACC and muzzle protector, it's actually equally effective to a MTU now. The KSS ATS tuner is 8oz so might be worth slapping that on the 18" Kukri and see if its pretty effective.

I guess if you're running a KRG it'll be harder since you don't have that additional 4" of chassis to move the weight to torque. For example in my ACC, I moved 4 of the internals closest to the mag well since the torque by putting 1lb at the muzzle really shifted the balance a ton.

I'm actually going in the opposite direction myself. I have a 22" MTU in an ACC, but recently put in an order for a 20" MTU that I will be putting in a Foundation Centurion Light. Just wanted a little more of a compact package and more handier when I throw the TBAC 22TD on it. Leaning towards selling the 22" when I get the 20", but we'll see when it gets here.

I'm actually going in the opposite direction myself. I have a 22" MTU in an ACC, but recently put in an order for a 20" MTU that I will be putting in a Foundation Centurion Light. Just wanted a little more of a compact package and more handier when I throw the TBAC 22TD on it. Leaning towards selling the 22" when I get the 20", but we'll see when it gets here.

If you want to trade me your 22" MTU for an 18" Kukri, let me know :)

Keep up to date with all things Rimfire and Centerfire going on with Rifles Only!! Vudoo Gun Works will definitely be around a lot or talked about a lot.

Currently on iTunes, Podbean, and Spotify.

Every episode will have at least one topic dissected that will make you a better shooter. Little rough around the edges, but production will get better very fast.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/rifles-only-accuracy-podcast/id1551754362

https://open.spotify.com/show/1PNpl1VaHpoEDA2U4uF6zy?si=cwviuiyATB-c-Gf8r91Dfg

0527DDA7-4D8E-4F09-A7E3-887E3339D036.jpeg

The trend is away from suppressors, so my overall length will be shorter sans the TB Takedown.

I’ve got a 20” Kurki on order that will pair with a Manners PRST1. Was thinking 20” would be ideal with a suppressor. Without a suppressor I’m thinking 22, mostly for aesthetics and balance.

Been debating whether to make the switch while I still can.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
The trend is away from suppressors, so my overall length will be shorter sans the TB Takedown.

accuracy degradation
Depends. Rimfire harmonics and positive barrel vibration compensation are real world issues. Hence why serious rimfire benchrest guys use a tuner since we cannot do powder load ladder testing like on our centerfire rifles. You are also starting to see tuners creep into centerfire events as well. Only way to truly find out is to shoot it with and without a suppressor.

Some rifles are going to love a suppressor at X range and others will see no benefit or possibly a decrease in accuracy at X range. However what just about everybody misses out on is that when you are in tune at range X (whatever yardage that is) then you are going to be out of tune at range Y. How much out of tune at range Y is the million dollar question. Sometimes it is a small amount not worth worrying over and other times it is more beneficial to tune for range Y than X.

Reality is that even without any muzzle device attached your rifle is all ready in tune for a certain distance. This is why some rifles shoot better groups at 200 yards then at 100 yards.

I quit using suppressors during matches because I got tired of having the suppressor dump crap back down the barrel onto the bolt face when the rifle is vertically racked between stages. This caused a “crunchy bolt” and possibly headspace spacing accuracy issues. Suppressor baffle type really comes into play here as the conical baffles literally act as a funnel to pour loose carbon back down the barrel whereas the monocores are nowhere near as bad at doing this.

Most vudoos have big, shorter (compared to bench rest) heavy contour profile barrels, this makes them less susceptible to huge changes from barrel weight changes but it does still happen in reduced form. A lighter contour long barrel is easier to tune, but putting any weight on your barrel is going to change either POI, group tune at X ,Y and Z ranges or more likely all of those parameters. In other words, putting a Harrel tuner on a short 18” MTU profile barrel might only produce one or two decent positive compensation nodes with smaller spreads, but put that same tuner on a 27” .850 straight barrel you’ll probably get 5 to 7 nodes with a lot more spread.

Bottom line, try it and see if it works for your application.

EDIT add spelling corrections, barrel profile and suppressor construction notes

Last edited:
Also suppressors collect particles, which means as you shoot it more you're constantly changing the harmonics. It'd be like having a tuner shift it's tune every few hundred rounds. If you're diligent about cleaning the suppressor every few hundred rounds then that could be okay, but it's just another headache to deal with.

Reactions: ccollier
Also suppressors collect particles, which means as you shoot it more you're constantly changing the harmonics. It'd be like having a tuner shift it's tune every few hundred rounds. If you're diligent about cleaning the suppressor every few hundred rounds then that could be okay, but it's just another headache to deal with.
Agreed, I have not tried every suppressor / barrel / ammo combination out there (obviously) but all my experience I have yet to see where adding a suppressor to a rimfire improves accuracy.

Agreed, I have not tried every suppressor / barrel / ammo combination out there (obviously) but all my experience I have yet to see where adding a suppressor to a rimfire improves accuracy.
Exactly, JB, your experience isn't misleading you. There are many variations to deal with in what we enjoy and as I've said many times, rimfire is always more complex than centerfire. One of these complexities is manifest in the use of a suppressor, although many don't believe it's true....some will say, "you just have to build the rifle right." :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

I love the many times I'm able to use a suppressor; I have an issued patent for a suppressor with more to accomplish in this area, but I mostly stopped using a suppressor on rimfires a long time ago. Most of my 22's don't even have threaded muzzles. If quiet is what you're looking for based on what you're doing, that's great, but if consistent accuracy and precision is your goal, a suppressor isn't the way to go. I'm not saying there aren't and won't be some rifle and suppressor combos that won't work well, because some do, but largely, a lot will not work well.

MB

Altus just shipped my 22" Kukri today. Looking on the website they show 18" kukri in stock. Not sure if accurate but I would call Mike @ 850-537-2818 if you want one. Super good guys to deal with.

ETA: Removed Sold Profiles

Last edited:
Altus just shipped my 22" Kukri today. Looking on the website they show 18/20 kukri and 20/22 MTU in stock. Not sure if accurate but I would call Mike @ 850-537-2818 if you want one. Super good guys to deal with.

You gonna make it to the Valentine's weekend NRL22 match?!

Reactions: Badjujuu
Sold my 20” kukri BA and just received my 20” MTU BA. Wanted the extra weight up front. Hit the range early this morning to get a quick zero before this weekends NRL22 match. Also tested some ammo. Was able to get good dope out to 300.. even with some nasty winds.

Unlike my previous Vudoo, this one had feeding issues out of the gate, which is mainly why I tested other ammo as Lapua is always my go to. 2-3 rounds out of each mag would fail to feed. It’s like the bullet was flat in the mag and wouldn’t lift over the end of the mag. Drove me crazy all morning. I have two mags and both did the same. They are poly mags FWIW. Put a call into Vudoo and hoping they get back with me soon.

EDIT: that is 50yd target not 100.

Last edited:
Sold my 20” kukri BA and just received my 20” MTU BA. Wanted the extra weight up front. Hit the range early this morning to get a quick zero before this weekends NRL22 match. Also tested some ammo. Was able to get good dope out to 300.. even with some nasty winds.

Unlike my previous Vudoo, this one had feeding issues out of the gate, which is mainly why I tested other ammo as Lapua is always my go to. 2-3 rounds out of each mag would fail to feed. It’s like the bullet was flat in the mag and wouldn’t lift over the end of the mag. Drove me crazy all morning. I have two mags and both did the same. They are poly mags FWIW. Put a call into Vudoo and hoping they get back with me soon.

image post
What color Cerakote is that on your barreled action?

@Jt2424 its the standard black that comes from Vudoo. It wasn’t specified by me via custom order.

Exactly, JB, your experience isn't misleading you. There are many variations to deal with in what we enjoy and as I've said many times, rimfire is always more complex than centerfire. One of these complexities is manifest in the use of a suppressor, although many don't believe it's true....some will say, "you just have to build the rifle right." :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

I love the many times I'm able to use a suppressor; I have an issued patent for a suppressor with more to accomplish in this area, but I mostly stopped using a suppressor on rimfires a long time ago. Most of my 22's don't even have threaded muzzles. If quiet is what you're looking for based on what you're doing, that's great, but if consistent accuracy and precision is your goal, a suppressor isn't the way to go. I'm not saying there aren't and won't be some rifle and suppressor combos that won't work well, because some do, but largely, a lot will not work well.

MB
Mike, Does threading the muzzle reduce the accuracy of the barrel even without using a suppressor? Thanks.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Purchased a 22" MTU from Altus today after getting a PM from @littlepod and a back in stock notification from Altus.

Also try MHSS. Call them though. Don't just check their website.

Check with them regularly or get on the notification email as Mike @ Altus said they get monthly allocations. Wait time from Vudoo is currently 16 weeks. Although you'll be able to get exactly what you want including cerakote colors included at MSRP. Altus had what I wanted except the 40 MOA rail, theirs come with a 30, which I'll either switch out for my current 40 or possibly try a 60.

Trigger recommendations? I was gonna try the Trigger Tech Diamond two stage in lieu of the Huber I'm currently running just to try. But the Bix & Andy have had my eye for awhile. Especially after trying @Redfisher60 's on his RimX. It was sweetness that if you breathed too hard on would fire. 🤠

Purchased a 22" MTU from Altus today after getting a PM from @littlepod and a back in stock notification from Altus.

Also try MHSS. Call them though. Don't just check their website.

Check with them regularly or get on the notification email as Mike @ Altus said they get monthly allocations. Wait time from Vudoo is currently 16 weeks. Although you'll be able to get exactly what you want including cerakote colors included at MSRP. Altus had what I wanted except the 40 MOA rail, theirs come with a 30, which I'll either switch out for my current 40 or possibly try a 60.

Trigger recommendations? I was gonna try the Trigger Tech Diamond two stage in lieu of the Huber I'm currently running just to try. But the Bix & Andy have had my eye for awhile. Especially after trying @Redfisher60 's on his RimX. It was sweetness that if you breathed too hard on would fire. 🤠
I use a bix n Andy in my voodoo, get it with the high sear

Nah just the one you’re getting from Altus 😂

I ran a 12oz/12oz huber and switched to a 2-stage TT Diamond recently. I don't like how short the take-up on the TT Diamond is, but I've gotten used to it. I run it at 10oz 1st stage, and a 6oz 2nd stage. Got it during the BF sale so it's blinged out gold, which I thought I'd hate, but so far it's been pretty good.

I do like how solid the Huber is and how reliable it is. I keep worrying my TT is going to go down. I should try a BandA, what sear are people running?

I have a dumb question:

I currently have a rifle being built at the Vudoo factory (due in about a month)... I'm wondering if I should update the order to having an MTU profile barrel rather than the Kukri... when I ordered -- I didn't think about the balancing of the rifle. I really wanted to have a spiral-fluted barrel tho (and this is what I currently have on order -- 20" Kukri | threaded | spiral-fluted)... which leads me to my "dumb question"...

Since people get the MTU for balancing purposes (by the sounds of it) -- would it be counter-productive to have an MTU barrel spiral-fluted thus removing (minimal, I'm guessing) weight from the barrel???

I'm new to all of this and still learning... 😅

I have a dumb question:

I currently have a rifle being built at the Vudoo factory (due in about a month)... I'm wondering if I should update the order to having an MTU profile barrel rather than the Kukri... when I ordered -- I didn't think about the balancing of the rifle. I really wanted to have a spiral-fluted barrel tho (and this is what I currently have on order -- 20" Kukri | threaded | spiral-fluted)... which leads me to my "dumb question"...

Since people get the MTU for balancing purposes (by the sounds of it) -- would it be counter-productive to have an MTU barrel spiral-fluted thus removing (minimal, I'm guessing) weight from the barrel???

I'm new to all of this and still learning... 😅

Weight balance is very personal. Aesthetics are very personal too...

I mean you could do a spiral fluted barrel, which cuts weight off the barrel, and then run a really light hunting setup. If you're talking about purely PRS Rimfire/NRL22 and all the things we've seen done to game PRS centerfire, then balance for the most part all chassis are built on running a 5+lb barrel, and the only way you're going to get that balance is weight up front.

In terms of aesthetics, you could do something like fluted barrel for looks, and a heavy weighted arca rail. Throw a ton of brass/lead weights into the front of the stock/chassis, so you get the weight but have the looks you want.

You can find weight in many places.

But if you're also optimizing cost, of not having to buy weights, then yeah the heaviest barrel you can find, the cheaper it's going to cost you given a 22" MTU is the same cost as an 18" Kukri, and then you don't have to pay $250 in weights.

I ran a 12oz/12oz huber and switched to a 2-stage TT Diamond recently. I don't like how short the take-up on the TT Diamond is, but I've gotten used to it. I run it at 10oz 1st stage, and a 6oz 2nd stage. Got it during the BF sale so it's blinged out gold, which I thought I'd hate, but so far it's been pretty good.

I do like how solid the Huber is and how reliable it is. I keep worrying my TT is going to go down. I should try a BandA, what sear are people running?
High sear

I mean you could do a spiral fluted barrel, which cuts weight off the barrel, and then run a really light hunting setup. If you're talking about purely PRS Rimfire/NRL22 and all the things we've seen done to game PRS centerfire, then balance for the most part all chassis are built on running a 5+lb barrel, and the only way you're going to get that balance is weight up front.

In terms of aesthetics, you could do something like fluted barrel for looks, and a heavy weighted arca rail. Throw a ton of brass/lead weights into the front of the stock/chassis, so you get the weight but have the looks you want.

You can find weight in many places.

But if you're also optimizing cost, of not having to buy weights, then yeah the heaviest barrel you can find, the cheaper it's going to cost you given a 22" MTU is the same cost as an 18" Kukri, and then you don't have to pay $250 in weights.
OK, this makes sense... given what you've outlined here -- I think I'm going to stay with my original thought... I'll keep the 18" Kukri spiral-fluted barrel and look for some ways to add weight as necessary... I really appreciate the input!

I _am_ interested in PRS Rimfire / NRL22 -- so this is what I'm trying to build towards!

If you need to get rid of the gold one let me know please ;) I want first dibs on it lol

Reactions: littlepod