• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

IMG_1818.JPG

The wait begins just ordered a 22 mtu barreled action. Hopefully 22 was the right choice? Any one else running a 22mtu in a mba comp chassis
Was hoping 22 will balance out good

Last edited:
Hey guys,

The barreled actions themselves, I ordered a 20in MTU, which barrel maker would make those ones are do they all come with the SK/Lapua chamber or does it vary?
If you made no specific request it should be an Ace. I'm a fan of Bartlein, which they also use, but the Ace barrels have been getting good reviews here on the Hide and elsewhere. My build is same as yours action +20" mtu, should balance in my Manners stock without too much help.

Reactions: Quickoz
The wait begins just ordered a 22 mtu barreled action. Hopefully 22 was the right choice? Any one else running a 22mtu in a mba comp chassis
Was hoping 22 will balance out good

I have the 20 inch MTU in a MPA BA chassis and I had to add weights to balance the rifle, a vortex AMG sits on top. I went with the MPA side rails and added the grey ops weight kit and it is in balance now. An added plus, the side rails are in blue to match the chassis and with the black weights it looks really nice.

Reactions: Lastsaint21
I have the 20 inch MTU in a MPA BA chassis and I had to add weights to balance the rifle, a vortex AMG sits on top. I went with the MPA side rails and added the grey ops weight kit and it is in balance now. An added plus, the side rails are in blue to match the chassis and with the black weights it looks really nice.
I have the same same set up, and the side rails and weight kit made mine perfect as well..well not the same, I haven't made my scope choice yet..it have a Strike Eagle on it now.. looking to upgrade

Thanks for the reply maybe I won’t need front weights with the 22 inch barrel but I do have a weight kit if I need a some

I'll post my Vudoo question here. I have a Ravage with 20" ACE Kukri on order in the RidgeBack Stock. What are y'all finding for a balance point? If you are having to add weights to the front how much? I have a Sawtooth Rifles ARCA Rail to go on the bottom.

Yeah Buddy!

Order up!

20" MTU
TT Diamond, straight bow
KRG Bravo, gray
med knob, action Vudoo Green.

Now, I know every barrel is different and Vudoo has the ammunition advisement. In an effort to narrow it down, any 2-3 "safe bets" on the selection?

What I have
Wolf MTx15
Eley Tenexx4
Federal Matchx1

Yeah Buddy!

Order up!

20" MTU
TT Diamond, straight bow
KRG Bravo, gray
med knob, action Vudoo Green.

Now, I know every barrel is different and Vudoo has the ammunition advisement. In an effort to narrow it down, any 2-3 "safe bets" on the selection?

What I have
Wolf MTx15
Eley Tenexx4
Federal Matchx1
Lapua Centre-X. Shoot a thousand rounds of SK Standard Plus, made by Lapua, and then send it to the Lapua test center in Mesa Az. and they will find the best lot for you. They tested 20 lots and found a lot that shoots .262 center to center for me. They only test what they have available.

Lapua Centre-X. Shoot a thousand rounds of SK Standard Plus, made by Lapua, and then send it to the Lapua test center in Mesa Az. and they will find the best lot for you. They tested 20 lots and found a lot that shoots .262 center to center for me. They only test what they have available.
My build:
20” MTUi, 30 MOA
TT Diamond trigger
Leupold Mk 4
XRS MDT Stock
Badger Rings
LRA Bipod

First outing with Midas + Function was flawless. -1 C with fishtailing winds, about a 1.5 inch group at 100m. So folks are suggesting a 1000 rounds to see the brl settle out?

Lapua Testing Center has backed off the extended break in period now. I was in their Mesa Facility in January. When I first reached out last spring they were talking at least 800 rounds, but that has changed.

There was a post by the Vudoo boss "head skunk", something along the lines of, "barrel break in, what sorcery is that?"

Have my V22 in a Grayboe Ridgeback stock. Didn't give much thought to an ARCA rail initially, but thinking that if I buy a high-end bipod it probably makes sense to get the ARCA mount version. I see that some rails connect via MLOK slots. Any suggestions on a good rail to get for the Ridgeback?

Thanks

Have my V22 in a Grayboe Ridgeback stock. Didn't give much thought to an ARCA rail initially, but thinking that if I buy a high-end bipod it probably makes sense to get the ARCA mount version. I see that some rails connect via MLOK slots. Any suggestions on a good rail to get for the Ridgeback?

Thanks
I have not purchased this yet, however, this is the one I was looking at.

Reactions: BigHat

Thanks
I purchased 3 Sawtooth Rifles ARCA Rails. I will have 3 Grayboe RidgeBack stocks. Just need time to speed up. 7 weeks to go. Here it is on my 308 with Ridgeback stock. The 2 bottom rails un screw and this solid rail replaces them. Recessed for the factory holes and lines up great
6B4B00EA-3F8E-40A7-B831-9F257079EACD.jpeg

Reactions: BigHat
I purchased 3 Sawtooth Rifles ARCA Rails. I will have 3 Grayboe RidgeBack stocks. Just need time to speed up. 7 weeks to go. Here it is on my 308 with Ridgeback stock. The 2 bottom rails un screw and this solid rail replaces them. Recessed for the factory holes and lines up great
Thanks. I went with your advice and got the last one they had in stock for the Grayboe. I see in the pics that there's a notch for the front action screw, so that's not blocked. I like the way this one attaches vs the mlok attachment rail options. Ordered an RRS SC-LR clamp and the MDT bipod with the RRS mounting option. Should be good to go after I wait 8-12 weeks for the Cyke-Pod Standard to arrive. Appreciate the post!!

Reactions: Defender32
Any one know if Vudoo ever offers SniperHide member discounts, promo codes, or sales flyers? Or do the authorized dealers offer any discounts? Thanks

Any one know if Vudoo ever offers SniperHide member discounts, promo codes, or sales flyers? Or do the authorized dealers offer any discounts? Thanks
I have yet to see any kind of discount offered on any Vudoo product. Other than used. It's one of the pros of purchasing a Vudoo. It sells for very good resale and quickly.

Edit: I have seen the 17HMR stuff on sale and some rifles Vudoo had awhile back.

I shot a group at 300 yards today while checking dope on the new configuration. Considering the usual rate of drop-off in accuracy at distance, I'm fairly happy.

1615414692098.jpeg

The other cool thing was that the elevations were all dead on using Strelok Pro, even out to 500 yards (30.0 mils!). Lapua Center-X, no calibration.

A few random thoughts.. haven't posted here in awhile.

Magazines & feeding:
My Vudoo is in an MPA BA Comp chassis with adjustable mag catch. I have three polymer magazines and two 15-round aluminum ones. I believe it's been mentioned in this thread that the aluminum ones seem to fit a tiny bit tighter in a given stock or chassis than the polymer ones. This is true for mine. I do get more nose-down jams (using Center-X) with the metal ones than I'd like... bullet noses drag a little on the inside of the mag... is it enough to affect feeding...? With match season starting, I think I'll call Vudoo and discuss the situation.
I did find a solution for the "nose dive" issue in the aluminum mags. I load them with a JKL Precision https://jklprecision.com/product/vudoo-speed-loader/ and I have not had one problem with nose down jams since. I run an MPA Hybrid with adjustable catch, all my mags run perfectly now.

Jeff

I shot a group at 300 yards today while checking dope on the new configuration. Considering the usual rate of drop-off in accuracy at distance, I'm fairly happy.

View attachment 7578469

The other cool thing was that the elevations were all dead on using Strelok Pro, even out to 500 yards (30.0 mils!). Lapua Center-X, no calibration.
Sweet, this is my 10" steel that I shot at 300 last Friday. Ammo: SK Long Range.

Attachments

• Ballistic-X-Export-2021-03-10 17:10:37.802695.jpg
    Ballistic-X-Export-2021-03-10 17:10:37.802695.jpg
    453.7 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: phlegethon
I did find a solution for the "nose dive" issue in the aluminum mags. I load them with a JKL Precision https://jklprecision.com/product/vudoo-speed-loader/ and I have not had one problem with nose down jams since. I run an MPA Hybrid with adjustable catch, all my mags run perfectly now.

Jeff

Looking at the pictures and not quite getting how the speed loader works, can you provide a little detail?

Looking at the pictures and not quite getting how the speed loader works, can you provide a little detail?
Same concept as a pistol mag loader. It pushes the back of the follower down so you can start a round under the feed lips, you then continue to press down on the back of rounds allowing you to always orient or arrange the rim’s so they stack correctly. I have had no nose dive issues with the aluminum mags since I’ve started loading them this way.

jeff

Reactions: littlepod
Greetings everyone. I’m caught up to about early 2019 reading this entire thread but thought I’d jump ahead and into the conversation. Just ordered a Vudoo Ravage and I’m pretty excited to have a nice plinking/garden protection rifle. Darn those pesky rabbits. I’m also looking forward to not spending $5 every time I touch the bang switch, not having time to reload 300 Norma gets expensive. Now if you all could stop hoarding 22lr and let a newbie like me get my hands on some that’ll be great. Also I’ve got to say that talking to JoAnn and Jill at Vudoo was great and the reputation Vudoo has feels well deserved.

I'm in the beginning stages of the Vudoo rifle, Apparition. Looking at the MTU contour, is there a "sweet spot" in regards to barrel length? Just for information, Most of it's shooting will be at 50-100, occasional trip to 200 or 300. I don't do any formal competition, just bench shooting for fun. It's not a "trainer" etc, again, just a fun gun.
Looking at the Vortex Golden Eagle scope for it, what scope base should I go with?

I understand I will have to talk with them, but to get into it and potentially upgrade later to a better chassis if needed, I plan to go with the KRG Bravo initially. Didn't see it on the drop down.

Oh, what's the typical lead time?

Appreciate it!

Mark
16 weeks is the current lead time on a Vudoo. Normal is 8 weeks but they are stacked with orders. If going with the MTU I would suggest a 20".
Look at the Grayboe stocks. For a traditional stock, they are the best value in my opinion.
The Golden Eagle was designed primarily as a bench rest scope. It really isn't suited for much of anything else but would be a good choice if that's all you intend to do with it.

Reactions: Badjujuu
Greetings everyone. I’m caught up to about early 2019 reading this entire thread but thought I’d jump ahead and into the conversation. Just ordered a Vudoo Ravage and I’m pretty excited to have a nice plinking/garden protection rifle. Darn those pesky rabbits. I’m also looking forward to not spending $5 every time I touch the bang switch, not having time to reload 300 Norma gets expensive. Now if you all could stop hoarding 22lr and let a newbie like me get my hands on some that’ll be great. Also I’ve got to say that talking to JoAnn and Jill at Vudoo was great and the reputation Vudoo has feels well deserved.
I agree. I haven't talked with Jill on the phone but JoAnn is a pleasure to deal with.

Is it possible to buy just an ACE barrel for the rig I already have? Wanting to go longer than the 16-7/8 that my barrel is past my action.