• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo : How about we split the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are any of you giving this guy attention? he was sent from rimfirecentral to bash vudoo guns. the guy doesnt understand the limits of a .22 gun. if he did he would understad that the best 22 rimfire guns are shooting in the 12's at the famous test sites like eley. this was copied from wikipedia -----Bleiker's Challenger range is used extensively on the ISSF world circuit, with the actions used both in Bleiker stocks as a complete Challenger system, and also in third party stocks. At the 2014 ISSF World Shooting Championships, Bleiker Challenger actions were used to win 10 individual medals in the 50metre Prone and Three Position Rifle events. A Bleiker also set the current range record[3] at the Eley Customer Test Range in January 2014 with a group of 12.4 mm.

this is what a Vudoo did at one of the test facilities
47451444_762924874076402_705021692489639902_n.jpg

This is what happens at the US Olympic Training Center when they shoot a @vudoogunworks V-22. This is a brand new rifle with 30 rounds through it and no lot testing at USOTC, just grab some ammo and shoot.

if he wants to sit around gloating about button rifled barrels and gunsmits fitting his gunthat he does not have. let him. the guy has no idea what he is talking about and probably does not have the money for a custom rifle. if he did he would shut his fucking fat mouth get off his dead lazy fat ass and buy something

btw i do not own a vudoo. i would like to thuogh.

he wanted people to pull there heads out of there asses and his just got pulled out of his.

I'm in the market for a very accurate and reliable 22lr repeater and would like to make an informed decision. At this point I'm leaning toward a Vudoo action custom fitted by master rimefire gunsmith with a button rifled barrel.

Good luck with that...they aren't selling the actions as of the last time I talked to them.

he wanted people to pull there heads out of there asses and his just got pulled out of his.

This is the only part of his original post that intrigued me, and why I replied. I try to take everything at face value, so I was interested in hearing why I need to remove my head from my ass. I am still trying to figure out the original intent of the statement. Not that I know everything but I have owned about every precision rimfire repeater made and so far the Vudoo is MILES ahead of them all.

As Accuracy Incorporated stated above, we have rifles at the USOTC that are performing at a level the OP describes with the current barrels, in-house practices, etc. If I believed a button rifled barrel would make a difference, I'd be using them (and I'm not saying I won't be). If I believed it took a lot of secret hocus-pocus known only by so and so on Rimfire Central or elsewhere, I'd be doing it myself because I didn't just start doing this yesterday.

We've proven time and again the Vudoo V-22 performs at a level most find unbelievable and there are many reasons it does. To have someone come on this forum and refer to the Vudoo customer base this way, arrogantly proclaiming they have their head in their ass is unacceptable. I stand behind what we do at Vudoo and the customer base we diligently serve. Anyone that's ever had a serious question about who we are, what we do and how we do it never fail to reach out to us first and we spend A LOT of time with everyone that does.

To my Vudoo customers/family, THANK YOU and rock on, let me know if you need anything....

MB

While I was not a Vudoo fanboy, I now own one and think hands down it was one of the best investments I've ever made. Any and all questions were asked and answered in great length before and after the purchase. They have gone out of their way to make sure everything was addressed and have been nothing short of excellent to deal with, ( try that with Anshutz, Cooper, KIDD, etc. I've had nothing but issues with their customer service.) Still not a fanboy, but the Vudoo has extreme accuracy and finish and to top it off, customer service. When I'm ready for another .22 it will more than likely be another Vudoo because of that.

I’m sorry if the last part of my post offended some members. I’ve deleted the pulling our head ….part from my original post.

The initial reason why I created the post was because I was seeing the gun being portrayed as being the best trainer (I agree) with BR type accuracy and I though it’s not realistic.

After reading a lot about the rifle, I believe that it’s the best trainer and has the best CS; however, I also believe that the factory Vudoo you buy at $2500 it’s not any more accurate than an Anschutz (which is good). At this point I won’t be making anymore posts on this thread and don’t even mind if this whole thread is deleted.

At this point I’ve pretty much made of my mind. I’m going with a new factory Anschutz 1710 HB. The main reason is that I’ve sold my only Anschutz (1710 DKL) and would really like to have another one. That was actually my initial goal (sell the DKL to get a HB).
You made a proper decision and it's appreciated. (y)

I’m sorry if the last part of my post offended some members.

I also believe that the factory Vudoo you buy at $2500 it’s not any more accurate than an Anschutz (which is good).

I for one am not offended by the statement of needing to pull my head out of my ass. I only get offended by people I know and respect, not by generic statements. But it certainly intrigued me as maybe you knew something I didn’t.

On your last statement about a VGW built V22 not being as accurate as an Anschutz. I assume you are referring to a factory built Anschutz match like a 18XX, 19XX, 20XX, or the newish 54.30 rifle in whatever configuration. I can tell you with 100% certainty that on average these VGW built V22’s will make damn near every factory built Anschutz it’s bitch. That statement is based on the small truck load of Anschutz rifles I have owned over the years. HARD STOP, conversation over.

On your last statement about a VGW built V22 not being as accurate as an Anschutz. I assume you are referring to a factory built Anschutz match like a 18XX, 19XX, 20XX, or the newish 54.30 rifle in whatever configuration. I can tell you with 100% certainty that on average these VGW built V22’s will make damn near every factory built Anschutz it’s bitch. That statement is based on the small truck load of Anschutz rifles I have owned over the years. HARD STOP, conversation over.

Quoting because it deserves to be read twice

I for one am not offended by the statement of needing to pull my head out of my ass. I only get offended by people I know and respect, not by generic statements. But it certainly intrigued me as maybe you knew something I didn’t.

Quoting because it deserves to be read twice

Quoting both of you since both have obvious comprehension problems. I wasn't going to reply but this is really ridiculous.

When I write "I also believe that the factory Vudoo you buy at $2500 it’s not any more accurate than an Anschutz (which is good). " it doesn't mean Anschutz is more accurate. It means that both are high-end factory rifles and both have the same level of accuracy, and that's good.

Quoting both of you since both have obvious comprehension problems. I wasn't going to reply but this is really ridiculous.

When I write "I also believe that the factory Vudoo you buy at $2500 it’s not any more accurate than an Anschutz (which is good). " it doesn't mean Anschutz is more accurate. It means that both are high-end factory rifles and both have the same level of accuracy, and that's good.

wrong. vudoo is custom all the way. if you want to call vudoo's action factory then you can. but its not. vudoo barrels are not factory either.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Not that it matters in any way but Kevin1 (the OP) sent me a PM saying this (which is fine if he thinks it):

So I replied to him with the reason I feel these Vudoo's are setting the bar for others to follow. I figured I might as well share it with everyone, here is my reply and reason for being a supporter of the Vudoo's:

"Ok, cool. I may have miss understood. I have had a few very accurate Anschutz rifles over the years, but on average the factory barrels are not all that great (meaning your not going to get that razors edge accuracy).

I don't want to come across like I am trying to talk you into a Vudoo (I truly have no skin in the game). But I have personally gone through every option for a rimfire repeater.

Up until the Vudoo my Sauer 200 STR with the 22lr conversion was the very best I have ever seen. It was capable of 1/2 MOA at 100 yards (repeatable over and over **if you had the conditions for it), and would consistently shoot in the 0.1XX" @ 50 yards with some in the double digits. But the problem was here in the US you can not get parts like magazines or barrels if you needed it.

I sold the Sauer when the 22lr barrel started to go, I just did not have the hart to attempt to cut the barrel up and try to make an extension because it was still more accurate than most, it had just lost the edge. I built the Anschutz I currently have off an 1827B action and it has proven to be one of the very most accurate rimfires I have seen. It also has been 100% reliable. Which is not super common for the Match 54 repeater actions. I had 2 other Anschutz 54.18 MS-R (match 54 repeaters), one was completely factory and would occasionally have weak ejection I left it stock. The other I had a Lilja installed and it was pretty good but not great as far as accuracy. But it was reliable. I have owned several single shot Anschutz 18 & 19 series rifles and some have been good.

I have had some Kimbers, CZ's, Sako Finnfire Range (the old / original version), P94 to name a few other and none were hyper accurate.

Last and most disappointing of all I purchased a Stiller 2500XR from Killough Shooting Sports (one of a few Dan Killough barreled, it had a Shilen Ratchet). It was on par with the Vudoo's and my current Anschutz as far as accuracy, that is to say VERY IMPRESSIVE. But it would not cycle to save its life. It went back to KSS 2 times and to Stiller 1 time. Ultimately I ended up fixing it by: chamfering the bottom of the bolt so it would not damage bullets in the magazine, shimming the magazines so they were held solid in the hanger which would allow the bullets to be picked up at the same place each time (the 2500XR uses Savage magazines and hangers and they are CRAP), and finally I recut the extractors so they were both pullers (as opposed to a puller and a pusher) and gave them more purchase on the rim of the ammo. All in all I had a full summer tuning a damn expensive custom rifle. I learned a lot, but it was such a shame to have to deal with that. **I should point out that Dan Killough and Jerry Stiller were both excellent to work with and Dan earned a customer for life in me.

So on to the Vudoo's: Thus far I have 1, my brother has 1, and my father has 1. Mine and my brothers have the Ace barrel and my dad's is a Bart. All 3 have been extremely accurate, all printing groups in the 0.1XX" @ 50 yards with some in the double digits. I live in Maine and have only shot mine in air temps under 35f (mostly in the mid to low 20's) so I know there is more accuracy to come in warmer weather. But aside from the accuracy the actions & magazines are so smooth and work so well, better than any I have mentioned above. Plus the best part is there is a massive aftermarket support already built as they use everything off the R700SA. I have personally met Jay (one of the owners) and spent quite a bit of time talking with him and ultimately was the reason I decided to buy a Vudoo. In my purchase of the 2 rifles (I bought my dad's for him), extra magazines, and a bore guide the customer service was as good or better than I have experienced with any company inside or out side of the firearms industry. I have been dealing with Mike Bush for many many years well before he designed the V22 action. He has always been super good also.

I know you did not ask for it, but I just thought I would let you know where I am coming from when I say these Vudoo's are a cut above."

And that is why I love these Vudoo's...

I’ve been reading a lot about Vudoo rifles lately on this site and it seems like it’s the best thing since slide brea

But here’s my problem. Some people convey the idea that a Vudoo rifle will shoot all days in the 0.1s at 50Y and in the .5s at 100Y.
The manufacturer posts pictures of those exceptional groups online, but only guarantees 1 MOA accuracy.

So, let’s split the difference:
What’s the perfect 22LR repeater rifle?
The initial reason why I created the post was because I was seeing the gun being portrayed as being the best trainer (I agree) with BR type accuracy and I though it’s not realistic.

Still waiting for a stated purpose for your perfect rimfire repeater. Also need to know if any match restrictions like a weight limit or requires tapered barrel or cannot have flutes, etc etc.

Still waiting for a stated purpose for your perfect rimfire repeater. Also need to know if any match restrictions like a weight limit or requires tapered barrel or cannot have flutes, etc etc.
Exactly, never stated a specific application in all his arrogant and derogatory posts.

When you've never shot or owned the firearm, it take's some kind of special ego to trash talk a company in this manner.

Exactly, never stated a specific application in all his arrogant and derogatory posts.

When you've never shot or owned the firearm, it take's some kind of special ego to trash talk a company in this manner.

I'm not sure what to make of your comment. I was planning to let this go but I'm also not sure why you and a few others are still poking me.

You have quoted my post from RFC. I'm a little surprised because when I see your grouping with your Vudoo on post #160 https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=978057&highlight=vudoo&page=11
it looks....well...... average. Offcoure you have posted cherry picked groups previously, but it's when you post ALL the groups that you see the true accuracy of a rifle.

My application for the rifle? Shooting tight groups from the bench, but I guess at this point it's irrelevant.

I'm not sure what to make of your comment. I was planning to let this go but I'm also not sure why you and a few others are still poking me.

You have quoted my post from RFC. I'm a little surprised because when I see your grouping with your Vudoo on post #160 https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=978057&highlight=vudoo&page=11
it looks....well...... average. Offcoure you have posted cherry picked groups previously, but it's when you post ALL the groups that you see the true accuracy of a rifle.

My application for the rifle? Shooting tight groups from the bench, but I guess at this point it's irrelevant.

Hey Kevin? A few members of RFC have been called out on another thread , here on the REAL shooters forum.
Listen man,,,,,no hard feelins. You may be someone I know. So I want to tell you this. I have also owned a number of Anschutz guns. The Vudoo gun will spank and totally annihilate the factory anschutz gun in overall consistency. You can't look at peoples groupings and determine that an Anschutz is more accurate. These folks are shooting outdoors where a 1 mph wind can have untold consequences at a mere 50 yards. Take that variable out of the equation , like youre buddy T.S. did. And it's a different ball game altogether.

I generally hope that you are not the Kevin I hold in high regard over there. If you are, im gonna end up owing you an apology.
I'm not above apologies where its warranted.

My basically bone stock 10/22 with a Tac-Sol barrel and CHOATE stock will smoke all these over priced rimfires.
What a joke, and it's ready to fire on the next trigger pull. Pffff

My basically bone stock 10/22 with a Tac-Sol barrel and CHOATE stock will smoke all these over priced rimfires.
What a joke, and it's ready to fire on the next trigger pull. Pffff
Yeah you keep on believing that. Better take that load of bullshit over the Rimfirecentral where a few people, who don't know any better, might believe you.

My application for the rifle? Shooting tight groups from the bench.

Well now we finally have a purpose, and it is singular in nature and not multitasking so that makes it pretty easy. Also OP has made a decision of what to do: updated with additional critical info pulled from another site:

At this point I’ve pretty much made of my mind. I’m going with a new factory Anschutz 1710 HB. The main reason is that I’ve sold my only Anschutz (1710 DKL) and would really like to have another one. That was actually my initial goal (sell the DKL to get a HB).

BR guns are almost always single shot in an effort to prevent any damage to the bullet nose when feeding from a mag as there are no time constraints requiring a magazine fed rifle. Vudoo will accomplish this as it is a controlled round feed mechanism and the mag nose deflection issues have been worked out from the early production run. Just about every other BR gun I see in ARA competition is a single shot feed custom action or Anschutz dedicated BR gun like a 54.30 or BR-30. Those Anschutz's I see that are a repeater action have all switched over to using a SSA single shot adapter as the anschutz actions do scrape the nose when fed from their magazines. A 1710 HB does not have the match chamber and barrel that the true Anschutz BR guns do, so luck of the draw is in play with the sporter series from ANA. However a benchrest gun is not what the OP wants to do:

I was planning to buy a new 1710 HB, but at this point I have my doubts.

I currently have two sporters with decent accuracy. One CZ Custom and one Anschutz 1710 DKL. They both shoot in the high 0.2s at 50Y with the ammo/lot they like. If you take a random box of a quality/mid-level ammo they would typically shoot in the 0.3s
Please note that I haven’t played with the torque settings on these guns.
I was planning to buy a 1710 HB and sell the 1710 DKL because it’s easier to shoot it from the bench/bipod. But if the new rifle ends up being less accurate than the one I’m replacing I’d be disappointed.

How can I make sure my next rifle is going to be as accurate or better than what I currently have? I’d rather not go with a single shot and not get into benchrest.
So, what’s the best path here and what budget are we talking about? ANA custom shop? Custom sporter based on a different action? A Vudoo rifle? I would like to avoid the luck of draw.

Seriously if you all ready have 2 guns that shoot in the high .2's at 50 yards you need to keep them! Looks like you all ready sold the DKL though.

ALL Anschutz repeaters use the same mag system, it will scrape the nose. I have a couple of 54 actiion Anschutz's I use for silhouette, a 1710 HB and a 1712 mediumSS. Anschutz mags suck ass compared to CZ or vudoo and the feed failure rate is around 1 fail in 7-8 mags used. For silhouette that is fine, for PRS or any other time constrained match it is unacceptable. The mag system is adjustable in the annies and the construction of both the mags and magwell is a folded sheetmetal system that is surprisingly easy to get out of adjustment. CZ's magwell is way ahead of annie at this time

I dont know what to tell you OP, I'm not aware of to many BR accurate rimfire bolt repeaters out there. Stiller uses the craptastic savage magazine system that is unreliable and you seem dead set against a Vudoo for whatever reason. More than likely the 1710 HB will probably satisfy your needs. Getting into the .1's and .2's is the BR realm and that is expensive, keep in mind it is also more than just the action barrel and trigger, the stock and rest system play large part in rimfire BR accuracy as well.

MAybe you will luck out and find a used DJdillion CZ rifle (he retired, not doing any new guns), that is about the only alternative I can think of that may satisfy your needs. (and there is a killer deal on a Anschutz DJ gun he did a CZ mag conversion on currently in the PX.)

Reactions: Kevin1
This thread isn't really about anyone looking for a specific type of rifle for any specific reason or set of reasons. What this thread is really about is a small group on another forum that conform to convention and folk lore and truly believe a rimfire will never shoot with anything but a certain barrel fit by someone that carries a faint torch while performing processes they all admit they don't understand. Believe me, I've heard it all before and whatever, let them fight it out over there. When they send someone here to stir things up, which is why this thread started, just smile and post your targets because you guys are actually shooting, not just talking about shooting or talking about all the magical things you don't understand when it comes to building a rimfire rifle.

Meanwhile, we'll keep doing things the way we do it for the reasons and growing number of people we do it for. We have more to come and I'm quite certain what we do will continue to be disruptive because it's you guys that create the challenges that drive things forward. It's quite obvious that rimfire has grown and evolved into disciplines not realized before a few years ago and that's because you guys were issuing challenges others weren't willing to accept because, "you can't do that with a 22!!!!"

MB

ALL Anschutz repeaters use the same mag system, it will scrape the nose. I have a couple of 54 actiion Anschutz's I use for silhouette, a 1710 HB and a 1712 mediumSS. Anschutz mags suck ass compared to CZ or vudoo and the feed failure rate is around 1 fail in 7-8 mags used. For silhouette that is fine, for PRS or any other time constrained match it is unacceptable. The mag system is adjustable in the annies and the construction of both the mags and magwell is a folded sheetmetal system that is surprisingly easy to get out of adjustment. CZ's magwell is way ahead of annie at this time

I dont know what to tell you OP, I'm not aware of to many BR accurate rimfire bolt repeaters out there. Stiller uses the craptastic savage magazine system that is unreliable and you seem dead set against a Vudoo for whatever reason. More than likely the 1710 HB will probably satisfy your needs. Getting into the .1's and .2's is the BR realm and that is expensive, keep in mind it is also more than just the action barrel and trigger, the stock and rest system play large part in rimfire BR accuracy as well.

MAybe you will luck out and find a used DJdillion CZ rifle (he retired, not doing any new guns), that is about the only alternative I can think of that may satisfy your needs. (and there is a killer deal on a Anschutz DJ gun he did a CZ mag conversion on currently in the PX.)

I fully agree with you. Anschutz mag system is far from being ideal. I didn’t know about Stiller action shortcomings….I guess that one is out.

BTW I already have a full custom CZ that DJdillion built for me. It’s one of my two sporters (my only sporter now that I sold the other one) that shoots in the high 0.2s

This thread isn't really about anyone looking for a specific type of rifle for any specific reason or set of reasons. What this thread is really about is a small group on another forum that conform to convention and folk lore and truly believe a rimfire will never shoot with anything but a certain barrel fit by someone that carries a faint torch while performing processes they all admit they don't understand. Believe me, I've heard it all before and whatever, let them fight it out over there. When they send someone here to stir things up, which is why this thread started, just smile and post your targets because you guys are actually shooting, not just talking about shooting or talking about all the magical things you don't understand when it comes to building a rimfire rifle.

Meanwhile, we'll keep doing things the way we do it for the reasons and growing number of people we do it for. We have more to come and I'm quite certain what we do will continue to be disruptive because it's you guys that create the challenges that drive things forward. It's quite obvious that rimfire has grown and evolved into disciplines not realized before a few years ago and that's because you guys were issuing challenges others weren't willing to accept because, "you can't do that with a 22!!!!"

I would love to see groups posted with Vudoo rifles:

- Not cherry picked (like the whole box of the ammo)
- By people who know how to shoot (not guys posting 0.4s groups and saying “it’s me, not the rifle”)
- By people who have bought the gun in past 6-12 month and not people who were early clients and have been fitted other barrels, etc…

I’d like to be able to get an idea regarding the baseline accuracy of a Vudoo rifle that you would buy for $2500.

At this point, I’m getting an Anschutz 1710 HB. Not because it’s a better rifle, but because I sold my only Anschutz and can’t not have one.

I also really like the design of your action and I’m contemplating buying a complete rifle once I have a better grasp on some of these intricacies.

Last edited:

- By people who know how to shoot (not guys posting 0.4s groups and saying “it’s me, not the rifle”)
- By people who have bought the gun in past 6-12 month and not people who were early clients and have been fitted other barrels, etc…

I’d like to be able to get an idea regarding the baseline accuracy of a Vudoo rifle that you would buy for $2500.

At this point, I’m getting an Anschutz 1710 HB. Not because it’s a better rifle, but because I sold my only Anschutz and can’t not have one.

I also really like the design of your action and I’m contemplating buying a complete rifle once I have a better grasp on some of these intricacies.

If I were that concerned with these intricacies, I would buy one and test it for myself. Don't rely on other shooter's info to try and validate whether or not this rifle will meet some obviously strict expectations you have. If you don't like what you see, post it up in the for sale in the PX. They have been selling quickly for little loss because they are in high demand.

Keep in mind that the majority of people buying these rifles are not utilizing them for benchrest matches in one piece rests. That being said most are not going to have the kind of data you might consider meaningful.

Last edited:

If you have serious questions and truly want to know more for the sake of developing a genuine understanding and less about playing up to the group at RFC, how about we hit the reset button and you give us a call? I’ll genuinely and patiently entertain any and all serious questions, no different than I (we) do with anyone else.

Otherwise, what I see is a lot of back-and-forth that wastes everyone’s time. If you choose to regard the posted targets here and many other places as cherry-picked, so be it, anything I or anyone else provides won’t change your mind. There’s a reason I designed and made fixtures that went to the ELEY and Lapua test facilities, not to mention other facilities. There’s a reason the USOTC is seeing what they’re seeing, but I’m sure they, in your eyes, cherry pick targets as well and they fire more than a box at a time on the same target.

The number is on the website (www.vudoogunworks.com) give it a call and ask to be forwarded to me.

Thanks,
MB

smile and post your targets

The first target is one I shot with a buddy's rifle. I had to wait until Monday to order my Vudoo. The next target is one I shot with my Vudoo. I've got lots of targets like those. All shot at one time on the same target. No cherry picking there. ;)

edit. Those were all shot from a portable bench on my back porch with a BiPod and a rear bag.

t smile and post your targets

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
After zeroing and still on first box of 50 wolf match here is 5 shots off barricade(deck railing) at 50 yds.
FDA6AE60-4CF5-41AC-BF57-79C3C4C16CAD.jpeg
DB7AC724-E0E7-4235-81B0-DA736E52FF7A.jpeg

Easy, we already have that data for you to review. Look at post #4 of the thread (for the latest version of this thread, we are on our 3 generation). Then shoot over to the last post and work backwards to see the targets. Each entry has 30 rounds 6 five shot groups shot consecutively. If that isn’t enough data no one will be able to help:

Are the .1 & .2 groups you're shooting outdoors, off a bipod or a competition rest, and what optic do you use?

You are more than welcome to come shoot at our range in typical wind conditions. I'm guessing you will not shoot many .1 - .2 groups no matter how good you are at reading flags.

Sorry the op has turned the thread to shit....

Plenty of amazing groups shown, not cherry picked..

Sorry, I am calling BS (maybe a bit late to the party) on the OPs true intentions..

With that he is wasted to much of my fucking time

The people who regularly post on this forum are the most tolerant on this board along with the guys on the Vintage Sniper Rifles forum. Many have the desire to share information. The 6x5 thread has been going on for about six years. The information developed from it helped a lot of people make informed decisions about everything related to precision .22 with the exception of BR guns. The guys here are field shooters. If you want credibility here you can't accessorize beyond a rear bag and bipod. Using a pack as a front rest is allowed.

Years ago there was an ongoing conflict between SH and RFC regarding hitting hitting pop cans at distance. Look at the where the world is now. RFC is a great site and I've used it for years because it's members have an expanse of information that is amazing. I've been a member for about as long as you have Kevin and appreciate the info. available.

Two things that popped up in the threads here and on RFC were completely uncalled for. The first was the "head up the ass " comment in the opening of this thread. It obviously implied that members here were incapable at arriving at a reasonable conclusion regarding the performance of the Vudoo rifles. The second was one impugning VGW for posting small groups at 100yds. and you thought they were misleading.

So you've decided on a 1710HB and that is certainly not a bad choice. When you get it come on backover and show us what you got.

The people who regularly post on this forum are the most tolerant on this board along with the guys on the Vintage Sniper Rifles forum. Many have the desire to share information. The 6x5 thread has been going on for about six years. The information developed from it helped a lot of people make informed decisions about everything related to precision .22 with the exception of BR guns. The guys here are field shooters. If you want credibility here you can't accessorize beyond a rear bag and bipod. Using a pack as a front rest is allowed.

Years ago there was an ongoing conflict between SH and RFC regarding hitting hitting pop cans at distance. Look at the where the world is now. RFC is a great site and I've used it for years because it's members have an expanse of information that is amazing. I've been a member for about as long as you have Kevin and appreciate the info. available.

Two things that popped up in the threads here and on RFC were completely uncalled for. The first was the "head up the ass " comment in the opening of this thread. It obviously implied that members here were incapable at arriving at a reasonable conclusion regarding the performance of the Vudoo rifles. The second was one impugning VGW for posting small groups at 100yds. and you thought they were misleading.

So you've decided on a 1710HB and that is certainly not a bad choice. When you get it come on backover and show us what you got.

Well stated! Kevin1 I would love to see you post a few targets in the 6X5 thread with your new 1710HD. IMO your more then welcome to contribute in that thread...

Just sayin

Anybody who knows anything about precision and rifles - knows;

That it's about whether you happen to have a barrel that is exceptional or not.
That there is a level of rifle tune that must be explored, is the tune there, how much will it tune in???
That you have to have the tested ammo to take advantage of a rifles screamer barrel. Amazing that people pay $20+ a box of 50!
Are you as an individual actually capable of repeatably producing the utmost precision and that includes many things like, set up, form, and knowing wind as well as the vertical components of it.

Name any brand??? There will be examples of each model that will show a higher degree of accuracy than the other one in the box next to it.

You buy a Vudoo, or a Anschutz, or any other higher quality brand, you have no concrete guaranty one will shoot better than the other.

Also, why on earth would you try to hope to compete with a highly tuned single shot benchrest rifle, which is obviously designed from the getgo for the purpose of winning a benchrest match, and produce the precision of .1's at 50Y and .5" at 100Y, with a tactical trainer rifle.

To answer - you buy x, y or z top quality brand, you shoot it with the best tested ammo, if it doesn't produce the expected accuracy you throw money at it or sell it or worst case scenario do both.

I guess if money is no object the sky is the limit, keep on spending til your objective is met.

Sure am glad I'm okay with 5 touching at 50Y and sub 1" at 100Y with me shooting, and off a Harris! I'm also glad I'm not a benchrest shooter! I spent a bunch on a 1827F, damn - can't imagine stressing over trying for .1's at 50Y or .5 at 100Y.

Last edited:
Reactions: rick137
I just got finished testing about half of the sample ammo I purchased from goodshooting.com. My eye was getting pretty tired so I stopped. 100yds in an indoor range off a Harris bipod and mini-gamechanger for a rear bag. The black outer ring is about .8 or .9" and the center red dot is .25 or .3". The barrel got a really good scrubbing and then about 130rds of CCI SV run through it yesterday before shooting this morning. It had about 600rds on it before shooting this.

McDVutk.jpg

OkwfvLm.jpg

If I may....with better ammo that has lower ES you should be able to improve your vertical dispersion.

Right now, the Vudoo isn’t showing any accuracy edge on other rifles in the 6X5 thread. But to be faire I don’t think that the Vudoo has been out long enough to get a meaningful representation in that thread.

Also, I only shoot from bipod/rear bag and sometimes a front rest. But in no way I like shooting free recoil BR.

Just so you know I did participate in the 6X5 back in 2015 under the name kevin123

100 Y average
7: 0.773" / 0.738 moa (kevin123- anschutz 64 ms 01/17/15)

100 Y Best group
3: 0.380" / 0.363 MOA (Kevin123- Anschutz 64 MS 01/17/15)

BTW I just posted a best group at 100Y of 0.297” with the DJ custom CZ.

Right now, the Vudoo isn’t showing any accuracy edge on other rifles in the 6X5 thread. But to be faire I don’t think that the Vudoo has been out long enough to get a meaningful representation in that thread.

Also, I only shoot from bipod/rear bag and sometimes a front rest. But in no way I like shooting free recoil BR.

Just so you know I did participate in the 6X5 back in 2015 under the name kevin123

100 Y average

100 Y Best group

Just looked at your target on the 6x5 thread. With better rifle and ammo your vertical dispersion will improve....lol

You don't think they are showing any accuracy edge over the other rifles??

From what I am seeing in the current generation of the 6X5 thread 6 of the top 10 average groups and best group @ 50 yards are shot with Vudoo's! Also of those 6 targets the largest of them was good enough to be in the top 12 of the 2nd generation and top 6 of the 1st generation for the averages, and be in the top 15 of the best group of any generation of that thread. That is out of 125 rifles over all 3 generations! But to take it a step further those numbers represent EVERY Vudoo that has ever been entered in the 6X5. To me that seems pretty dominate, and shows the potential of the rifles (I am 99% sure all are VGW built rifles also).

100 Y average
100 Y Best group

That is a good group for sure. I would post it up on the results but I need 6 consecutive groups, I only see 5 on your target.

If I may....with better ammo that has lower ES you should be able to improve your vertical dispersion.

You're a friggin' genius! Why didn't we think of that!? I've gotta start hanging out at RFC more often. Do you think that if my ES/ SD were 0, and I could avoid any horizontal, they'd all go in the same hole?

Reactions: usafa77
As Accuracy Incorporated stated above, we have rifles at the USOTC that are performing at a level the OP describes with the current barrels, in-house practices, etc. If I believed a button rifled barrel would make a difference, I'd be using them (and I'm not saying I won't be). If I believed it took a lot of secret hocus-pocus known only by so and so on Rimfire Central or elsewhere, I'd be doing it myself because I didn't just start doing this yesterday.

We've proven time and again the Vudoo V-22 performs at a level most find unbelievable and there are many reasons it does. To have someone come on this forum and refer to the Vudoo customer base this way, arrogantly proclaiming they have their head in their ass is unacceptable. I stand behind what we do at Vudoo and the customer base we diligently serve. Anyone that's ever had a serious question about who we are, what we do and how we do it never fail to reach out to us first and we spend A LOT of time with everyone that does.

To my Vudoo customers/family, THANK YOU and rock on, let me know if you need anything....

MB

Get your head out of your ass, Mike.

I was glad to see this posted today at Rimfire Central in the Vudoo thread by KyleAllen and in reality is the only viable accuracy comparison I've seen since it was performed in a controlled indoor environment.

Even more impressive is that the record for the Eley Tunnel is for a FOURTY SHOT GROUP.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...y-test-center/

I own a V-22 with the Kukuri- Ace Barrel.

The Vudoo is NOT a custom gun. It is very, very good, but NOT custom.

Eley Test Tunnel is shot at 50m
All other numbers below are at 50 yards, Indoors, off a one-piece rest

I also own a custom Benchrest rifle. It is purpose built to shoot from a rest at 50 yards and would be useless for anything else. This rifle, indoors, CAN put a $.28 cent round of Eley Match ammo inside of a 1/2” circle 23 out of 25 times. Note that I mention “inside”, I am referring to the ARA target which looks at Worst Edge Scoring. This is the Best it has done. On Average, it will shoot 2300 indoors, as scored by OnTarget TDS. Recently, at the Eley Testing Tunnel, this rifle shot a 12.1mm, ten shot roup, measured outside to outside. The best 40 shot group was 16.4mm outside to outside. These numbers are not that impressive, compared to a lot of competitive rifles.

The Vudoo actually comes fairly close to the performance of my Custom. The Best it has done is a MR of .041 for 5 shots, as measured by Target Scan. The compiled group of 20 shots in that string was .102. It will shoot a 2200, on an ARA Target. These numbers are indoors, from a one-piece rest. Please note the use of Mean Radius. .

I am very impressed with the accuracy and versatility of the Vudoo. It shoots really small groups from a Benchrest set-up. It shoots almost as well off a bipod and rear bag. It is Fun as heck to shoot from other PRS type positions for Fun. It shoots SK Rifle Match almost as well as the expensive stuff.

I would buy one again.

I may buy a lighter stock to try it at silhouette shooting.

Thanks Kyle (y)

Playing Liar's Poker by posting targets shot in a non-controlled environment off varying support systems vs a fixture says little for about the true accuracy potential of any firearm.

If there was a nation/global rating system for outdoor ranges similar to the USGA's Course Rating System for golf courses that could be applied to target scoring that standard would help validate posted targets.

So.....is the definition of “custom” in the Rimfire world different than centerfire?

If I order an impact barreled action from impact/stuteville........it’s a custom rifle.

But if I order a vudoo barreled action.....it’s not???

I’m confused.

You're a friggin' genius! Why didn't we think of that!? I've gotta start hanging out at RFC more often. Do you think that if my ES/ SD were 0, and I could avoid any horizontal, they'd all go in the same hole?

This is the second time you’re poking me.

The first time you did that, I had to dig up your shitty group and as a result the Vudoo thread was bumped up after 6 month on RFC.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=978057&page=12

This is the second time you’re coming after me. For someone who denigrates RFC, I find that you’re there pretty often. On RFC you’re mellow. But over here, you’re very aggressive. I guess you feel empowered in presence of your ardent supporters. For some reason, it’s almost like you own half of the Vudoo company.

But do realize this.... You’re reasoning is flawed and your analytical skills are limited (poke me more and if I feel like it, I might elaborate on that). Trust me, you’re not doing any favors to Vudoo by continuing posting the way you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.