• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

VX 6 alumina covers, not set right from factory

jdutton24

Private
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2011
alabama
The rear cap flip when eyepiece is adjusted for my eyes, makes to where the cap flips down to the right. I'm worried about interfering with bolt but also the button is not where I want it.

I cannot for the life.of me get the cap loose. I know the inner ring and outer ring are independent so to speak but I cannot get the inner ring loose. Anyone had this issue before?

They are fiddly, aren’t they?

Once installed tight, squeeze hard on the part that threads on the scope. Then if you use the raised hinge bit for loosening leverage it helps. Or maybe the opposite…can’t quite remember which part threads onto the scope.

If that doesn’t work, in the photo world, when a filter was stuck on a lens I’d run my fingernail pretty hard around the rough edge of the filter. The vibration sometimes was enough to unstick the filter.

IIRC, the Alumina eyepiece cover might have that same rough edge as the objective cover does (see pic). Install the cover tight (for leverage) and try running your fingernail around that a few times in a way that makes the most vibrations.

62347146-AB03-4A75-BF86-A2D2AA70B209.jpeg

Reactions: jdutton24