• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wait....there is an olympics going on?

I stopped giving a shit about the Olympics after my Guard Unit went to Atlanta in 1996. Stood around watching a fucking fence all day where the athletes were housed.

One morning an Asian guy was smacking a badminton birdie against a wall. Come to find out, that's a fucking Olympic sport. 😲

Yet bowling still isn't.

I do have to admit, some of the foreign chicks were pretty hot, especially two Aussie gals that were part of security. 😛

Olympics take too long. Start combining sports, like bobsledding and ski jumps, and I might tune in.

Put everything on the ski jump for that matter. Contestants, judges, commentators, video trucks... One continuous aerial demolition derby until there's nobody left. I'd pay for that.

They should have put crash test dummies in that!

Umm, yeah these ladies are skating. No judges just a winner and a loser.
iu
iu

iu

Last edited:
I still enjoy hockey. I believe the American women could give the Wisconsin Badgers a run this year. Impressive skaters and stick handlers.
Men had their first game. China recruited a number(7?) of American players, made them Chinese nationals, put their chinese names on their jerseys! BUT, the announcers
were calling them by their American names!
What I'm waiting for are the wokeists to claim the winter olympics are racist, again. Too many Nordic, Scandinavian types, don't ya know.
Many of the events are simply boring. Who cares about luge, or curling. I did learn a little about Anshutz rifles after seeing some biathlon.

Reactions: Thorny
Maybe if the speed skating was more like roller derby, it would be worth watching.

Maybe all the events should be full contact, with all of the athletes competing simultaneously.

I might be on to something here 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: badthirtyone
I seriously didn't even know the winter Olympics were on until a friend said something to me Monday, once my favorite because of quirky shit like bobsled, luge (and now skeleton), shooting, even curling and of course Downhill and Super-G. Now, I could not care less. Maybe it's not the Olympics as much as it is the lefty network that owns the broadcast rights. Then again, it's freaking in china, same place the summer games nearly ended in disaster...great move IOC.

Reactions: Cardboard55
I guess for folks that have been lazy puds all their lives would not care about some of the best athletes in the world competing all in one event ? Some folks don't mind being mediocre , sadly .

I guess for folks that have been lazy puds all their lives would not care about some of the best athletes in the world competing all in one event ? Some folks don't mind being mediocre , sadly .
NO, its more a "Fuck you Chicomss." sort of thing.

Reactions: eflyguy

Nope. It's about the blatant consumerism that surrounds it.

None of those athletes are getting rich (and few even making a living) off it, neither are host cities, just network TV.

My daughter has competed in modern pentathlon, and lettered in 5 different events in high school - her name is on the wall, and on trophies the school teams won at state finals.

I have a lot of respect for athletes, but despise the media.

Or you mean all those world class athletes that allow the US to pay for their trip, training and then openly protest or talk shit about the same country that made that opportunity possible? The olympics are in the same care has pro sports to me.

Or you mean all those world class athletes that allow the US to pay for their trip, training and then openly protest or talk shit about the same country that made that opportunity possible? The olympics are in the same care has pro sports to me.
i am not disagreeing, but think it is important to remember that there are patriots that love our country and proudly represent us.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
i am not disagreeing, but think it is important to remember that there are patriots that love our country and proudly represent us.

Not all bad apples but enough for me to turn a blind eye to the organization