• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WARNING ~ TR ~ My experience

Re: WARNING ~ TR ~ My experience

Holy sh!t! (Sorry for the cursing). I have a rifle from Tacticalrifles.net that I have had for about 4 years now. It is a 300 win mag and it shoots really well. But after reading this I'm afraid that I have a lemon from them. Please someone tell me what I can do to make sure that I don't have one or if I do have a lemon please someone tell me of a good gunsmith in my area that can help me out. I live in Harahan, La which is about 20 minutes from New Orleans. I'm now worried that my rifle is crap. (I was 26 when I purchased it and did not know better. Saw all the adds in the magazines and thought if they are in the magazines they must be good. I was young and dumb.)

First I don't work for TR. (I want to make that clear bc I don't have a lot of post and only joined a month ago) I work in the oil and gas industry.

To the OP, sorry to hijack the tread here, but I want some guidance to make sure that I may have been lucky and if I'm not who near by can help me out.

Malcolm Schuler III

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Malcolm1982</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy sh!t! (Sorry for the cursing). I have a rifle from Tacticalrifles.net that I have had for about 4 years now. It is a 300 win mag and it shoots really well. But after reading this I'm afraid that I have a lemon from them. Please someone tell me what I can do to make sure that I don't have one or if I do have a lemon please someone tell me of a good gunsmith in my area that can help me out. I live in Harahan, La which is about 20 minutes from New Orleans. I'm now worried that my rifle is crap. (I was 26 when I purchased it and did not know better. Saw all the adds in the magazines and thought if they are in the magazines they must be good. I was young and dumb.)

First I don't work for TR. (I want to make that clear bc I don't have a lot of post and only joined a month ago) I work in the oil and gas industry.

To the OP, sorry to hijack the tread here, but I want some guidance to make sure that I may have been lucky and if I'm not who near by can help me out.

Malcolm Schuler III </div></div>

Id say send it to: La Precision if you are in LA and are worried about it.

William Roscoe
http://www.louisianaprecisionrifles.com/
Hes a member here as well.

If it shoots well just leave it as is and enjoy it. When you need a new barrel send it to another smith. William Roscoe isn't too far away from you and he does good work.

Marc

Cool deal. They will be getting a phone call from me tomorrow. Will be in the Shreveport, La area in the next week for work and I will be bring them my rifle. Thank you for the information!!

Malcolm Schuler III
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Malcolm1982</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy sh!t! (Sorry for the cursing). I have a rifle from Tacticalrifles.net that I have had for about 4 years now. It is a 300 win mag and it shoots really well. But after reading this I'm afraid that I have a lemon from them. Please someone tell me what I can do to make sure that I don't have one or if I do have a lemon please someone tell me of a good gunsmith in my area that can help me out. I live in Harahan, La which is about 20 minutes from New Orleans. I'm now worried that my rifle is crap. (I was 26 when I purchased it and did not know better. Saw all the adds in the magazines and thought if they are in the magazines they must be good. I was young and dumb.)

Malcolm Schuler III </div></div>

Id say send it to: La Precision if you are in LA and are worried about it.

William Roscoe
http://www.louisianaprecisionrifles.com/
Hes a member here as well.</div></div>

I can tell you that Marc is not trying to pull off a "hit job" here. He ain't that clever.
grin.gif

On a serious note, I've known Marc for a fair amount of time now, and he is a stand up guy.

To the OP, glad Marc was able to get you squared away with your rifle. It's really too bad that you paid good money for such a POS, and horrible customer service.

Eventually everyone/company screws up, but it's how the screw up is fixed and handle the situation that is telling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can tell you that Marc is not trying to pull off a "hit job" here. He ain't that clever.
grin.gif

On a serious note, I've known Marc for a fair amount of time now, and he is a stand up guy.

To the OP, glad Marc was able to get you squared away with your rifle. It's really too bad that you paid good money for such a POS, and horrible customer service.

Eventually everyone/company screws up, but it's how the screw up is fixed and handle the situation that is telling.
</div></div>

I know Marc too and he's a stand up guy. And damn fine smith.

Re: WARNING ~ tacticalrifles.net ~ My experience

I knew there was a reason I joined the hide, this sh*t is hilarious and ndnboy71 is way better just to cut his loses and run. As to TR enjoy bankruptcy, should have listened to the customers, that where the money comes from for future reference

Marc is GTG!! Glad he got you squared away OP! Nor Cal is a great group of shooters! You will go far with those guys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ndnboy71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">in my experience, when you start bad mothing a particular company. any company it is for one of two things either you got a bad product and you didnt like the service chock it of to a one time thing, how ever if they made such a bad product and so many shooters, several of whom are military professional shooters, or competitors or military operators on the special forces are shooting these rifles. nope you have one guy that is questionable on an annonomous forum and now all the guys are jumping on tacticle rifles. but i dare any one of you guys to call them with one report of am improperly proforming rifle that can be proven it is the fault of the gunsmith at tacticle rifles and not the fault of the guy improperly mantaining it. as i said before i have three of them and non of them look or perform the way that you say they do. to those who think i am an employee, sent me a pm and ill prove to you via military documentation that on active duty navy and as per naval instuction i cannot have a job outside of the navy. </div></div>

Sir,
Upon reading this post my first thought was,"This could only be better if it were written in crayon". So...........I tried to fix it for you but my crayon broke. In order to prove to you that my crayon did indeed break please review the photo below for conclusive evidence of the now deffective crayon as I do not want to be regarded as a competitor to Crayola.
smirk.gif

iz22wp.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think anyone on here is a Redneck.

I've yet to see any of you guys at the monthly Redneck meetings
</div></div>
Well that has more to do with belonging to different local chapters.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think anyone on here is a Redneck.

I've yet to see any of you guys at the monthly Redneck meetings
</div></div>

oh i'm sure there are plenty of rednecks here. i can't be the only one with 6 non-running yard cars.</div></div> Dad?

Holy cock juggling thunder cunts, I never want to be on shanksers bad side.
I have to say that this thread both amused and disappointed me in addition to feeling for the OPs experience. The inability of whoever was behind the keyboard for a majority of ndn's posts to spell, capitalize, and communicate an effective message makes me concerned for the future of the English language. It's not so much that spelling makes the man; indeed I know great guys with serious talents in thier fields whose constant assault on the English language makes my brain hurt. But...For fucksake if you are going to post on the Internet try, JUST TRY, to proofread your posts. It isn't just better for you, it makes it look like the education system is at least partially effective.

It sucks that this happened to the OP, and it's cool that Griffon stepped up to say he had actually used one and gave his experience. It's a shame Spartan Marc felt attacked. I saw why but when I read his post I really didn't get the impression he was trying to bash or belittle Marc (Mark?).
All in all this whole thread was worth the read.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tasers Hurt!</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ndnboy71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">in my experience, when you start bad mothing a particular company. any company it is for one of two things either you got a bad product and you didnt like the service chock it of to a one time thing, how ever if they made such a bad product and so many shooters, several of whom are military professional shooters, or competitors or military operators on the special forces are shooting these rifles. nope you have one guy that is questionable on an annonomous forum and now all the guys are jumping on tacticle rifles. but i dare any one of you guys to call them with one report of am improperly proforming rifle that can be proven it is the fault of the gunsmith at tacticle rifles and not the fault of the guy improperly mantaining it. as i said before i have three of them and non of them look or perform the way that you say they do. to those who think i am an employee, sent me a pm and ill prove to you via military documentation that on active duty navy and as per naval instuction i cannot have a job outside of the navy. </div></div>

Sir,
Upon reading this post my first thought was,"This could only be better if it were written in crayon". So...........I tried to fix it for you but my crayon broke. In order to prove to you that my crayon did indeed break please review the photo below for conclusive evidence of the now deffective crayon as I do not want to be regarded as a competitor to Crayola.
smirk.gif

iz22wp.jpg
</div></div>

I woke the wife up laughing at this. Good post!

Wow. Should have started reading this thread sooner. Seven pages is a bunch for one sitting.

Never ceases to amaze that there are people in the world like Ndnboy71. Starting to think that maybe he is as defensive as he is because that train wreck was his work.

Like Chris Rock said: "Ain't no rehab for stupid.".

Edit to correct spelling. Would not want to be called a Redneck.

OFG

Rednecks?

yes, this website has some Rednecks. some of which are also:
Computer Guys
Professional Shooters
Doctors
Lawyers
Professional Soldiers
Marines
SEALs
Professional Smiths

and a host of other professionals

We even have some dunbasses attacking others for opinions

Look man just accept you stepped on your dick and move on. We all do it. Shit I have done it more than I want to admit. The place also forgives mistakes when you accept them and move on. Kinda like a Church of Tactical Truth.

Snipers Hide The Church of Tactical Truths

Nice Quote Mike,

I was definitely sincere in my outreach to mediate this issue with the owner of the rifle.

Stranger things have happened, the idea that competitors are doing the attacks, is a bit of a stretch, especially since TR doesn't advertise on here. And customer reviews for products they brought litter the internet. Attacking a customer for a bad review tends to get you more bad reviews and google has some bad reviews running around, not to mention from people here who have used them. I feel to get past this the Quality Control needs an adjustment and the Customer Service end of things needs to step up, be-littling the customer is not a good way of doing business. And clearly more than one customer as felt be-littled.

Call me you have my number or at least know how to get it. Or you can email me for my number you certainly know my email address it is all over the site.

As a character reference for Marc to those that do not know him personally:

Marc could not get a re-barrel job done on time for a match I was shooting in. He felt bad and let me use one of his rifles he personally delivered to the range. If I remember correctly it was a .243, Surgeon 591, Bartlein barrel, McMillan stock, with a Premier 5X25 and 100 rounds of ammo. After practice he told me to just take his rifle home and give it back to him after the match. At this point I only met him one other time and spoke with him on the phone twice. How many gunsmiths do you know that will lend a customer a $5k rifle system to use just based on trust? I think anyone questioning Marc is out of line.

In my opinion, TR.net could have handled this in a more professional manner. From my understanding they had the opportunity to correct the problem before this hit the forums but told NRAman to "pound sand".

Service.

There is service in manufacturing/customizing, and there is service in dealing with the customer/public.

Two totally different types of 'service', yet both are massively important. I'll leave it to you to decide which has a higher rating. The thing that I'm getting about this situation described by the OP, a few leading members here, as well as other customers from other boards is this:

It could be said that young children operating a kool-aid stand (with or without a permit, that is for another time) generally offer a consistent'er level of product [service] as well as customer relations [service] which are more easily accepted to the public.

Couldn't it?

Now seriously though, the floor is TR's, the ball is in their court. They have the attention of EVERYONE here, to which we all have at least two friends. Time for ya'll (that's redneckspeak btw) to step up, man up, face the front, and simply get-this-done.

Or, start mixing the kool-aid.

i spent all morning reading this, sorry i missed it till now, but man have i been beating off enthusiastically all morning, shanks you are stuff of legends

Wow this thread is chalk full of win.

So this guy ndnboy71 makes multiple posts challenging the integrity of the OP and the smith that repaired the crap work done by the company ndnboy71 works for. While all the time lying over and over again about who he is and what he does.

Priceless....

If the next post from ndnboy71 or from anyone at TR does not begin and end with an apology then it will be crystal clear what kind of company they are and why they should be avoided.

I'm a newbie to this site as well as the precision rifle community in general. I'm also in the market for my first custom built rig. I was actually browsing TR's website a day or so ago and really considering them for a build. I live fairly close to them and figured I'd help out a local business.

After wading through 8 pages of this thread I can say that I would NEVER considering giving them a dime of my hard earned money now. Had TR just come out and said "Hey we screwed up we're going to fix that" I would still be thinking about buying a rifle from them. Threads like these are always the result of poor customer service and could be totally avoided.

One good thing did come from this thread though. I now have a new smith to consider for my build

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Khavic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow this thread is chalk full of win.

So this guy ndnboy71 makes multiple posts challenging the integrity of the OP and the smith that repaired the crap work done by the company ndnboy71 works for. While all the time lying over and over again about who he is and what he does.

Priceless....

If the next post from ndnboy71 or from anyone at TR does not begin and end with an apology then it will be crystal clear what kind of company they are and why they should be avoided. </div></div>

I'm not sure there's gonna be a next post from him. Kudos to Frank for allowing this to play out and give him a chance to recant his accusations instead of dusting off the banhammer page 1 but I think the white flag has been waved. What does he possibly have left to say?

Marc at Spartan Rifles is WAY more concerned about growing his business in a responsible manner and building the best rifles he can, rather than going on a witch hunt for Tactical Rifles.Net.

I know Marc and have talked with him about small business concerns, various rifle work, lathe setups and the odd crazy customer all of us seem to get from time to time. I can assure you that he does not have the time to launch a public war on T.R. and even more importantly, he does not have anything to gain by doing so.

I also think that if the owner of the rifle had sabotaged the rifle prior to bringing it to Spartan, Marc would have seen a red flag somewhere along the way. He is too analytical and detail oriented to miss much. If anything were fishy, he would have asked questions and he is not afraid to reach out for a 2nd opinion. With talented rifle guys like Francis and others at his disposal, I think nothing would have escaped their forensic inspection of the work done.

If I didn’t build rifles, Marc is on the short list (very short list) of shops I would have build my rifle.

Not trying to spread the HatorAide but I put T.R. out of bounds on this one. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.00. No points are awarded.

Double points are awarded to Shankster, queequeg and Cesiumsponge.

DISCLAIMER: As I type this, I can hardly move around the shop due to various Chevy parts laying around. My shop has been taken hostage by my son and his friend so that they can build and install a new engine in his 97’ Z-71. I have 2 Catahoula Curs and 3 trucks in the yard (one runs sometimes). Born in Texas but my Louisiana neck is red.

……..Mr. Sock shakes his head in disapproval.

WOW!

I don't know what is worse, the original workmanship on the op's rifle or watching the company's rep self destruct.

Good work on the cyber snooping Shank

Why would someone spend 5 grand on a rifle and then sabotage it to spend another 900 making it right? Just ridiculous. The worst of the Rem/Savage factory eff ups are not that bad. I'm glad Spartan Rifles fixed everything the right way.

Well I know who I will not be buying a rifle from. Im also going to link this thread to other gun forums Im on because ndn is such a ass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ndnboy71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i see that someone from the site placed a teg under my name of private first class, thats funny because i didnt put it there. i guess this site is as crooked as i was told. </div></div>

Thin skin much?

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N4vf8N6GpdM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N4vf8N6GpdM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N4vf8N6GpdM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N4vf8N6GpdM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Love that one....

You know what I noticed? No where does the OP say that its been 4 years since the purchase. Never gives a time frame. Dagfuhrer and Lowlight both mention 4 years since an RO based observation of a Tactical Rifles fuck up, but the OP never does.

If 4 years is indeed the accurate time frame here, me thinks its suspicious that ndnboy somehow came up with it before it was ever mentioned.

If it's not, we can add "reading comprehension" to the list of literary failings ndnboy needs to work on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ndnboy71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well gentlemen all i can really say is if they we so bad then how is it that they are still in business, and thriving. of the hundereds of custom rifles that they build every year you have one guy with a video saying the thing is bad not one year but 4 years later. sis her give the company a chance to fix it that isnt known, however i would bet my life on any plaform the build. as for those who are band waggon shooters that have never shot over 100 yards at a paper target before. you havethe right under the constitution to say waht ever you want. but at least be honest with every one and dont do it hiding behind an avatar. i dont see you guys bad mouthing remington after they had hundreds of 700 actions actually hurt people. it is also pethetic that this site allows its users to use pictures of a man that works for tacticle rifles( that is where the picture came from) helping kids, learn gun safety. i would bet that pic and user will still be here tomarrow. i have herd that this site was this way i didnt beleive it. now i know. i also know why so many professionals military and law enforcement dont have anything to do with this site.</div></div>

Not to hijack the thread because this is on topic of personal character (and for a good cause).

If you want more background on Marc @ Spartan take a look at one of the places where he donates his time for charity...(Scroll half way down the page and look who the builder is).

http://www.americansnipers.org/content.php?113?s=786e25525a4952e837b2a1a5b447a0eb

Last note about Marc. I know that Marc has built rifles for free in the past, on numerous occasions, to military veterans, approached manufacturers with success to build a Metal of Honor winner a rifle as a debt of gratitude and asked for nothing in return...not even recognition.

The only time I've seen him lie was to a girl when she asked him if her jeans made her backside looked big. He said, "No"! Everybody knew he lied! LOL...just messing with you bro.

The guy responding was contacted by the owner of TR, he was the first one alerted to the Original post and rather than respond himself he had a surrogate do it. (He used the Navy Corpsman as he figured his word was unimpeachable) So he was being giving information from the owner who was well aware of the situation ahead of time.

Despite the fact they mention the Constitution, and being able to express your opinion (while at the same time acting like none of you can shoot past 100) you can rest assured the silence by the company is a sure sign this will be a 1st Amendment Argument as I can tell you, based on the site's past experience with them, they will argue if you can't say something nice you are NOT allowed to say something at all. Basically they are gonna try and shut down the ability to post negative reviews. They will say, slander, they will say, competitors attacking them for business purposes, all the same stuff noted in my letter to them last time, because that is how they have operated in the past.

Standby, you'll see this turning into a case of who can say what on the internet and specifically on forums regarding companies and their products.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The guy responding was contacted by the owner of TR, he was the first one alerted to the Original post and rather than respond himself he had a surrogate do it. (He used the Navy Corpsman as he figured his word was unimpeachable) So he was being giving information from the owner who was well aware of the situation ahead of time.

Despite the fact they mention the Constitution, and being able to express your opinion (while at the same time acting like none of you can shoot past 100) you can rest assured the silence by the company is a sure sign this will be a 1st Amendment Argument as I can tell you, based on the site's past experience with them, they will argue if you can't say something nice you are NOT allowed to say something at all. Basically they are gonna try and shut down the ability to post negative reviews. They will say, slander, they will say, competitors attacking them for business purposes, all the same stuff noted in my letter to them last time, because that is how they have operated in the past.

Standby, you'll see this turning into a case of who can say what on the internet and specifically on forums regarding companies and their products. </div></div>

I'm sure Graham or another attorney on here can probably cite a previous case, but I'm fairly certain that's already been in the courts and precedent has already been set regarding it. I smell counter suit... lol

thanks for them few hours of fun

a few ...'s is all i got

What about false advertising? I dug up that video on my DVR that yall have been talkin about. It was on Ultimate Weapons: Sniper Rifles on Military Channel. I found the video on youtube but it's been doctored and they cut out some of the best stuff like the owner claiming that each rifle is built by one guy on one machine, we use top quality materials, precision machining techniques, fit and finish, everything is tight, no slop, top notch this, blahblahblah. If someone can find the full length video please post as this snippet doesn't do this idiot justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH7EKlScB7Q

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The guy responding was contacted by the owner of TR, he was the first one alerted to the Original post and rather than respond himself he had a surrogate do it. (He used the Navy Corpsman as he figured his word was unimpeachable) So he was being giving information from the owner who was well aware of the situation ahead of time.

Standby, you'll see this turning into a case of who can say what on the internet and specifically on forums regarding companies and their products. </div></div>

I hate companies who do this crap. I will <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">NEVER</span></span> buy or recommend TR to anyone as long as I live for doing this shit. I will tell every the crap they tried pulling.

As to Mark @ Spartan Rifles you are a extraordinary for doing what you did not only for the OP but for AmericanSnipers.org. I have now added you to my list for who will be doing future work to my rifles.

Well that was a funny one... Guess I'll have George keep building me rifles.

On the basis of the 1st coming into play with the internet in reguards to reviews. I think they have already lost that one with Angies List, Yelp, Glassdoor, bbb, companynamesuck, etc.

They had better have DEEP(ER) pockets if they want to try and clear it all off the interweb.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: i_rep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On the basis of the 1st coming into play with the internet in reguards to reviews. I think they have already lost that one with Angies List, Yelp, Glassdoor, bbb, companynamesuck, etc.

They had better have DEEP(ER) pockets if they want to try and clear it all off the interweb. </div></div>

If you set that precedent then you open the door to internet regulation a la China and many Asian countries. The government has the right to police the internet and they can block their citizens from viewing any site or material they see fit. That happens here in this current economic state, Frank may have to find another line of work. It'll never happen but I fear the day it ever does.

I also feel some empathy for the surrogate. Now, it was boneheaded to agree to this and if it blows up he has risked his military career over a useless argument but at the time I'm sure he was told "go in there, establish your credentials, puff out your chest, tell people they're dumb and they're wrong, they'll bow down and you can bow out." I don't think he foresaw it turning out like this but the blame falls solely on the shoulders of the owner, not the guy he was force-feeding lines to because if he said no, he'd get the next sap to do it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also feel some empathy for the surrogate. Now, it was boneheaded to agree to this and if it blows up he has risked his military career over a useless argument but at the time I'm sure he was told "go in there, establish your credentials, puff out your chest, tell people they're dumb and they're wrong, they'll bow down and you can bow out." I don't think he foresaw it turning out like this but the blame falls solely on the shoulders of the owner, not the guy he was force-feeding lines to because if he said no, he'd get the next sap to do it. </div></div>

Here's the bigger question... what was he paid/gifted for his assistance? Although judging by the level of retardation in his responses he probably was all too happy to do it for free...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">I also feel some empathy for the surrogate. Now, it was boneheaded to agree to this and if it blows up he has risked his military career over a useless argument but at the time I'm sure he was told "go in there, establish your credentials, puff out your chest, tell people they're dumb and they're wrong, they'll bow down and you can bow out." I don't think he foresaw it turning out like this but the blame falls solely on the shoulders of the owner, not the guy he was force-feeding lines to because if he said no, he'd get the next sap to do it.</span> </div></div>

Here's the bigger question... what was he paid/gifted for his assistance? Although judging by the level of retardation in his responses he probably was all too happy to do it for free... </div></div>

I don't know why but this post made me laugh out loud.

The OP's pain is behind him - less $900; I feel bad for those who have money down on a TR rifle.

Whether they made some good rifles is wholly irrelevant now.

Wow. Just wow.

So the boss knowingly sent in errand boy Rocco from The Boondock Saints without ammo to do battle on his behalf. Hilarity ensued.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cesiumsponge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the boss knowingly sent in errand boy Rocco from The Boondock Saints without ammo to do battle on his behalf. Hilarity ensued. </div></div>

Best. Movie. Ever.

Shanks, that was epic! Well done! Threads like this are part of the reason I keep coming back here for more. I am glad the OP's rifle got squared away. I have been in the position of the OP, with a 1911 at a local smith. It sucked donkey balls. I hope TR's business drys up.

Is anyone else irritated that their COMpany website is tacticalrifles.NET? Their name alone should be your first clue that they fail to act professionally on any scale, starting with the simplest of internet nomenclature and marketing. The grammar failz only make perfect sense when then can't even get tacticalrifles.COM right. (and tr.com is available, it's a registered domain, but up for sale, and since they pay so much for advertising you'd think they'd pay for a correct domain, right?)