• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Weaver rings and bases for longrange shooting (Target)

10031994BC

Private
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2013
I'm sure this will start a war between everyone, but I am looking at a one piece weaver 20 MOA scope base and possibly the 6 hole rings they make to. this will be holding a vortex viper pst 6-24. does anyone have any objections. I'm just a broke college kid, I cant have everything but I can have a couple nice things. this rifle isn't a super accurate rifle. But I can make 4 rounds touch at 300 yard. just cant go out and buy Nightforce bases and rings yet. will the weavers get me by or any other suggestions

I believe if you bed the weaver base properly & torque it correctly down you will be fine. Don't cheap out on the rings though.

The Weaver Tactical base works great, but like the previous poster said, you should bed it. This holds true for high end bases as well. As far as rings, I would get something nicer. For a budget, I would get TPS rings. If you can spend a bit more, I hear the Griffin Armament rings are quite nice.

if you are shooting 700Y and closer, I would start with Warne Maxima permanent and dual bases. They are made of steel, in the USA, and wont break the bank.