• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weed for ptsd. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuckitTrebek

The rapist for $200
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2005
The Great State of Texas
Just thought I'd write on this one. Hadn't seen it discussed on the site before.

What are your thoughts on legal weed? Weed for medicinal purposes? including ptsd.

In my opinion weed needs to be 100% legalized everywhere and treated no different than alcohol or tobacco. 18 & up.

0 amount of people that have been killed by smoking or ingesting weed...........EVER.

That is fact.

Just curious what would be said on this bastion of conservative values site.

Last edited:
Now there is an opinion I wasn't expecting to see. Almost to the point of me asking what the fuck you are talking about.

Hint: people have anxiety about more than just travel.

May help. Don't have enough facts to really give an opinion.
If it's prescribed, not your basic fencerow brand, then you may experience some issues if you have a CCW permit. There is talk of pulling or not issuing permits to those with a weed prescription.

Im of the opinion that if peoplewant to smoke, let em smoke.
That said, a couple puffsof todays weed here in CO will get you buzzin like 2-3 IPA’s in an hour (I dont smoke, hear that from many long term users). So it needs to be at home or a place where one gives it plenty of time to wear off before driving. And yes, I have taken care of dead bodies including kids from crashes with nothin but a small amt of weed in the drivers blood.

As for PTSD, it can help with symptoms. I am of the opinion that PTS injury (its not a disorder) can be largely fixed with good therapy instead of pharmaceuticals. Problem is the VA wants you drugged (large population with PTSI are vets) and many mental health professionals only know the Presciption treatment route.
The VA knows they can screw you every way till Sunday if your brain is awash in chemicals and they control you as you are “mentally insufficient”.

Big Pharma owns the APA (look at the major expansion of the DDSM from volume IV to V) and they own the AMA.

So, weed may be better than that stuff and does come with it’s own box of issues and problems. It wont treat a damn thing, just mask it, which is what the other meds do as well.

The best “medical” weed is actually CBD stuff that does amazing work and doesnt give a high. I know one of our members has used a cream for muscle spasms and IIRC he reported it works better than any big pharma med he had tried.

Good conversation. I have trees to trim and a family to hang with. Will read and converse more later.

How about, weed can lead to an increase in anxiety. Maybe not the best thing for those with ptsd.

Weed can lead to an increase in anxiety. ahahahahaha wow. I guess. And huffing home depot spray paint can lead to an increase in penis size......but not likely.

I'd say that an increase in anxiety is pretty much the exact opposite of the effect it has on 99.9% of users. But hell, there's always that .01%.

Doritos anyone?

Weed can lead to an increase in anxiety. ahahahahaha wow. I guess. And huffing home depot spray paint can lead to an increase in penis size......but not likely.

I'd say that an increase in anxiety is pretty much the exact opposite of the effect it has on 99.9% of users. But hell, there's always that .01%.

Doritos anyone?
You've never heard of stoners getting paranoid?

I think it's more like 75% than 0.01%

Adrenaline burns memories in to your brain, if they are traumatic, you wind up with stuff like PTSD.

Beta blockers stop your body from doing an adrenaline dump when something triggers that memory or they can help by making it not burn in if taken during the trauma.

I have some experience with the burned in memories part but luckily not the trauma.

Hell Yeah, if it works for even a moderate % it is a step forward.
The issue comes when impaired persons drive, carry or do other activities that require full sobriety.

I believe the Canadian's have been experimenting treating PTS with mdma with good results. How it works, I don't know but it appears to be working. That said, I do have friends that dabble in the intake of MJ and it has helped with their anxiety and temperament.

I'm all for trying anything that helps but I think MJ would be better suited for those with TBI. IMO, I think it would benefit an extremely considerable amount of folks, more so than the current cocktail of pills. My experience being treated for TBI from the .Mil and VA was and has been a fucking joke and has done absolutely nothing but cause more problems as I get older.

I'm in the powdahounds opinion on this. Pretty much my experience.

I have had pretty good results with the cbd oils....
PTSD affects sleep, what sleep. Right ? No sleep affects general body, energy, stomach, food digestion, and immune system...
The oil helped with immune, digestive, food tolerance, and that led to sleeping better. Oil in a.m. with food, oil at night b4 food, and b4 bed. So, it helped those things and changed the sleep habits, which changed the PTSD effect.
Ymmv.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snipe260
Testing in the 70s, effects motor skills just like alcohol. Use Alcohol and/or Drugs - avoid guns and other dangerous implements. From a legal perspective - you do not get to decide - whether you like it or not.

Even if it's legal in the state, that means that you can't go to the gun store and buy a gun if you use it.
And in California, the state reports weed recipients to state police, who will pay you a visit to collect your weapons

Hell Yeah, if it works for even a moderate % it is a step forward.
The issue comes when impaired persons drive, carry or do other activities that require full sobriety.

I think it is beyond common sense that if you have any drugs or alcohol in your system that affect your decision making or motor skills that
driving was a no no while engaging in those acts.

You've never heard of stoners getting paranoid?

I think it's more like 75% than 0.01%

Adrenaline burns memories in to your brain, if they are traumatic, you wind up with stuff like PTSD.

Beta blockers stop your body from doing an adrenaline dump when something triggers that memory or they can help by making it not burn in if taken during the trauma.

I have some experience with the burned in memories part but luckily not the trauma.

75% of people using weed get paranoid? Alright bro, keep on thinking that one. Sounds like some reefer madness
drank too much of the governments kook aid to me.

I think you need to try some different shit.

Reactions: Blutroop
Personally, I'm fine with the 4473, we don't need meth adicts running around with guns.

There are a few therapeutic uses of drugs like marijuana, ketamine and maybe mdma but mostly they are for people who just want to get high.

In a lot of ways that is mostly the same as alcohol although alcohol has near zero medical value.

We would need a lot of change to make responsible drug usage and responsible gun ownership compatible.

It's not impossible but not very likely.

How about, weed can lead to an increase in anxiety. Maybe not the best thing for those with ptsd.

I'm not saying I know this from experience but I heard.......

Eat the whole tray of "magic" brownies. And yep, you may get a paranoid episode lasting a few hours.

Ingest or smoke a reasonable amount= exact opposite. chill as a cucumber.

Just saying, controlling the amount your body ingests and understanding the amount you have does have an effect.

common sense.

Legalize it all already and be done with it! Alcohol, Rx drugs, and tobacco have caused way more problems than illegal drugs have. Hell, there was once a time in this country where heroin was sold as a cough syrup. Cocaine was in soda. PCP was sold as aspirin. Methamphetamine was sold to housewives who were tired. We got WAY too many people in prison right now who are there simply for using illegal drugs.

In a lot of ways that is mostly the same as alcohol although alcohol has near zero medical value.

Beer and red wine have shown in studies that in moderation they reduce heart disease by something like 25%. Also beer has beneficial proteins and antioxidants. Also, folks who drink alcohol on a regular basis are less likey to become sick from the flu or common cold.

Weed and paranoia are very common, you don't need to eat the whole plate, I've seen people freak out from smoking a joint. Not laced with anything or particularly powerful weed, just a normal joint.

I think the stigma in people's minds about illegal drugs plays in to the effect but it is very real and very common.

Being dishonest about the effects and side effects of drugs is not the way to convince people that they should be legalized

Beer and red wine have shown in studies that in moderation they reduce heart disease by something like 25%. Also beer has beneficial proteins and antioxidants. Also, folks who drink alcohol on a regular basis are less likey to become sick from the flu or common cold.

Yes (not sure on 25% though) but most people don't drink for their cardiac health except as an excuse.

1-Its a matter of personal freedom, jsut like alcohol and tobacco.
2-If it affects motor skills it should not be used while driving nor operating equipment, vor for people like surgeons, while opeerating. Thats jsut common sense.
3-From what Ive seen and read, and people Ive spoken with, it is much better used in and edible form. YOur lungs were made for air, not smoke. I have limited experience with the CBD' tried them and didnt get much result, but am willing to defer to to those who have positive personal experience.

4-As to the other substances mentioned above, LSD, Psilocybin, MDMA, and the like. Read Albert Hoffmann's book, 'LSD My Problem Child'. LSD was developed in the 1930' by Sandoz Pharmaceutical Company, a Swiss firm, SPECIFICALLY for the treatment of psychological disorder. It was used for years here in the US for that exact purpose, until the idiot Timothy Leary ran his stupid yap and things got out of control and ruined for every one. I did a research paper on it while at UVA and spoke with Dr. John Buckman, the head of the Psychiatry Dept there.

What they found is that was very valuable in cases of severe emotional trauma. And example he quoted: A little girl was molested by her grandfather. the memory is so painful that she buries it deeply in her subconscious for survival, but when she grows up and meets her guy and tries to become intimate, she cringes, but cannot explain nor understand why. years of therapy are of little help because the memory is jsut too painful t allow to surface. The literal meaning of the word psychedelic comes from the Greek words 'psyche (mind or soul) and delos (manifesting). Using some of those substances, in conjunction with therapy, the mind is allowed to relax, and the memory surface and be dealt with...in line with "You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

Why shoud such a beneficial substance be banned when the garbage big pharma spits out is used and destroys? It just needs to be used with wisdom and caution, like any other powerful agent, including guns.

Last edited:
I think it is beyond common sense that if you have any drugs or alcohol in your system that affect your decision making or motor skills that
driving was a no no while engaging in those acts.
Yes, but there is a pretty sizable population of people who smoke weed who think they perform better with it. Been on many chairlifts and gondolas with some retards blazing up. Personally, I'd be dead if I did that, but hey, they have it all under control. I'm pretty sure they are more than confident they can drive like dale jr when they are blazed. Plus, there is no test available to check for acute usage of weed, other than smelling it, but that has its limitations

Reactions: Ric O'shay
Like I stated above it takes one anal douchenozzle in the VA or government to take your rights away, and there are thousands of Avidouchenozzles in our government, they will fuck you over just because.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...cting-veterans-gun-rights-without-due-process

Try pot, beer, wine, or whatever ou want and leave the agents of the state alone, never ask for help from the government, they look upon you as a problenm at best but most likely a threat. Do what you gotta do on your own. no government need be involved. They call it weed because it grows liek a weed, grow what you want and do what you want. Stop asking permission from other people, just do it.

The how is really interesting. I read a paper on it during a psych class, and what I read was that by combining psychotropic drugs with cognitive behavioral therapy patients were able to better recontextualize the event. Memory is malleable; every time we tells story it's like re-recording it and it's possible to implant or falsify memories that way. MDMA (and I saw similar research involving psilocybin and LSD at extremely low doses) helps facilitate the rewriting by helping separate the person from the event. I would absolutely not recommend anyone take any of the three with existing psychological trauma. Controlled dose and controlled setting are as much a part of the experimental treatment as the drug.

The VA/psychiatrists will not "take your rights away." At most if you're unable to function on your own they're going to help you, and if you're a danger to yourself or another you may be held or asked to enter treatment. Voluntarily entering treatment, even voluntary admission to a psychiatric hospital does not disqualify you from owning or carrying a firearm. Involuntary commitment will, and seeking help if you need it voluntarily is the best way to ensure you're never facing involuntary commitment.

Think about it this way, you wouldn't do surgery on yourself if you had a torn ACL, and you wouldn't avoid the hospital jsut because some asshole on the internet said the hospital was going to give you morphine so they could take away your guns. You would go to the doctor, tell them what's wrong, be honest when they ask questions instead of trying to tough it out or trying say "the right things" to get a specific kind of treatment. Your mental health is no different. The last thing we need is tinfoil hats trying to scare injured people away from treatment.

There was talk of passing medical marijuana use for migraines and I looked into it. You better plan on giving up your rights to firearms if you want to try this type of treatment. Also, something to consider is not all employers allow it because it's still illegal on a federal level. It looks like using CBD oil will accomplish the same thing but without the high because it doesn't have thc in it. It's funny that most people aren't interested in trying it because they can't get high.

I'm not against weed but there are a lot of people that want it just to get high. I've met people that will tell you the reason they are on it is because they wanted to get high legally. Its like the recent discussion of using weed as a substitute for opioids because of addiction problems. I can't wait for my tax dollars to support the people on welfare and Medicaid to sit around and get stoned all day while I have to go to work

There was talk of passing medical marijuana use for migraines and I looked into it. You better plan on giving up your rights to firearms if you want to try this type of treatment. Also, something to consider is not all employers allow it because it's still illegal on a federal level. It looks like using CBD oil will accomplish the same thing but without the high because it doesn't have thc in it. It's funny that most people aren't interested in trying it because they can't get high.

I'm not against weed but there are a lot of people that want it just to get high. I've met people that will tell you the reason they are on it is because they wanted to get high legally. Its like the recent discussion of using weed as a substitute for opioids because of addiction problems. I can't wait for my tax dollars to support the people on welfare and Medicaid to sit around and get stoned all day while I have to go to work
There is a very common party drug that has proven effective for treating migraine...

Not that party drug, think Steve-O and Demi.

Guessing cocaine? Steve o doesn't narrow it down much ?

caffeine works for some people too

Caffeine doesn't help me but it doesn't make it worse either. That said, that's in pretty much every pain reliever. I tried Botox with decent results but the price along with a jackass for a doctor made me say fuck it.

Self treating PTSD with THC is no better than self treating with alcohol. Neither address the source of the condition, and neither do anything more than mask the symptoms while providing zero benefit towards treatment.

The beginning of relief from PTSD is solid counseling with a competent clinical mental health therapist, someone who doesn't have a DEA number and script pad (LPC/LCSW/Psychologist), and has zero interest in doping you up. Chronic PTSD is a lifetime affliction, and lifetime in a pill bottle or prescribed bong with no relief of the actual condition is hardly a life I would ever want to have.

I'm all for assisting through medication, including THC based medications, but it's not an end all-be all solution and should the last resort after all lesser non-medication solutions have been fully run to their end state.

Self treating PTSD with THC is no better than self treating with alcohol. Neither address the source of the condition, and neither do anything more than mask the symptoms while providing zero benefit towards treatment.

The beginning of relief from PTSD is solid counseling with a competent clinical mental health therapist, someone who doesn't have a DEA number and script pad (LPC/LCSW/Psychologist), and has zero interest in doping you up. Chronic PTSD is a lifetime affliction, and lifetime in a pill bottle or prescribed bong with no relief of the actual condition is hardly a life I would ever want to have.

I'm all for assisting through medication, including THC based medications, but it's not an end all-be all solution and should the last resort after all lesser non-medication solutions have been fully run to their end state.

Excellent post!

I find that if I dont have my caffeine fix I get an afternoon head ache.
You and millions of others dependent on coffee. I am one of maybe 3 people I know who don't drink coffee. I cannot take the caffeine

Well said, Red. But it doesnt have to be lifetime. I over came mine. Now Im normal as Maser. o_O

If you look into it they have been getting some good results from the use of the psychedelics I mentioned above. They need to be done in conjunction with good solid counseling.

Personally, I'm fine with the 4473, we don't need meth adicts running around with guns.

There are a few therapeutic uses of drugs like marijuana, ketamine and maybe mdma but mostly they are for people who just want to get high.

We would need a lot of change to make responsible drug usage and responsible gun ownership compatible.

It's not impossible but not very likely.

automatically equating use with addiction.

sir put down the kool aid.
Yes, but there is a pretty sizable population of people who smoke weed who think they perform better with it. Been on many chairlifts and gondolas with some retards blazing up. Personally, I'd be dead if I did that, but hey, they have it all under control. I'm pretty sure they are more than confident they can drive like dale jr when they are blazed. Plus, there is no test available to check for acute usage of weed, other than smelling it, but that has its limitations

Do we really want to debate the morons that think they perform better on drugs or alcohol?

If there are people out there that just like getting high, and don't want weed for any medicinal purpose........

so what?

If you are at home doing your thing (not operating heavy machinery) I can't believe there are people that are still against this, but alcohol and tobacco are A-ok because the man said it's legal. All the fucked up drugs big pharma peddles are ok because the govt says so.hhahaha

Let me hit you all with another extremely high probability. In 15 years it will be legal EVERYWHERE.

Even in the uber conservative state of Texas the republicans are backing it now. Holy shitballs

And you know what?

The sky won't fall.

Your elementary kids aren't going to become addicts.

hahaha

Last edited:
Well said, Red. But it doesnt have to be lifetime. I over came mine. Now Im normal as Maser. o_O

If you look into it they have been getting some good results from the use of the psychedelics I mentioned above. They need to be done in conjunction with good solid counseling.
Chronic PTSD always is with you. It gets better, even much better, but it doesn't disappear.

no better? dude. you may want to take a look at the deaths from alcohol abuse per year.

Weed abouse=no oreos in site

I think it's a no shitter that it's not an end all be all. It's just a better alternative than other medications to alleviate conditions associated with
lots of issue people have..........like aspirin.............except aspirin has killed people.

"Each year, 15,000 people die and 100,000 people are hospitalized as the result of aspirin and other NSAIDs—and these are probably conservative estimates."

Status
Not open for further replies.