• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weed for ptsd. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no better? dude. you may want to take a look at the deaths from alcohol abuse per year.

Weed abouse=no oreos in site

I think it's a no shitter that it's not an end all be all. It's just a better alternative than other medications to alleviate conditions associated with
lots of issue people have..........like aspirin.............except aspirin has killed people.

What he meant was that it’s no better as in it doesn’t solve the problem. He wasn’t referring to the fallout

Reactions: Redmanss
Chronic PTSD always is with you. It gets better, even much better, but it doesn't disappear.

I respect you and your experience, I dont want to argue, so Ill just say my experience is different.

How the Hide has changed.

When I first came here, some 11 years ago, to even try to have this conversation would get you scorned and ridiculed.

Thank goodness for progress, or are we getting more 'liberal'...Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:rolleyes:

If there are people out there that just like getting high, and don't want weed for any medicinal purpose........

so what?

If you are at home doing your thing (not operating heavy machinery) I can't believe there are people that are still against this, but alcohol and tobacco are A-ok because the man said it's legal. All the fucked up drugs big pharma peddles are ok because the govt says so.hhahaha

Let me hit you all with another extremely high probability. In 15 years it will be legal EVERYWHERE.

Even in the uber conservative state of Texas the republicans are backing it now. Holy shitballs

And you know what?

The sky won't fall.

Your elementary kids aren't going to become addicts.

hahaha

You act like nobody gets high and drives or you have the mentality that nobody high has ever had an accident because of it. Don't feed me with that line of shit that it will only cause them to drive slower lol. I think legalization is fine so long as they have the ability to test if you are currently high on it and not testing positive from smoking it a week ago. I know they are close according to the drug test lady at the hospital because we actually had a good conversation about it when I had to go to the doctor for a workplace accident.

You act like nobody gets high and drives or you have the mentality that nobody high has ever had an accident because of it. Don't feed me with that line of shit that it will only cause them to drive slower lol. I think legalization is fine so long as they have the ability to test if you are currently high on it and not testing positive from smoking it a week ago. I know they are close according to the drug test lady at the hospital because we actually had a good conversation about it when I had to go to the doctor for a workplace accident.

no the bottom line is don't drive, operate heavy machinery or do anything else that could fuck you or someone else up when on any
drug that slows motor function and decision making.

pretty simple.

they are not common sense and shouldnt be laws,the safety society is enslaving us and weakening our gene pool.

So you are fine with the people killed from cell phone usage while driving? Less than two weeks ago a 10 year old girl was killed just outside the town I live in because of the person in the other lane texting and caused a head on collision with the vehicle she was in.

Saying weed has never killed anyone is like saying tobacco has never killed anyone.

Weed also impaires driving.

From a medical stand point there should be more testing done. Theres too much misinformation out there right now as many people are working to get weed leagized... and why? Who says weed is healthy? Not to say that there are not benifis that it may offer. But i do remember that self diagnosing and treatment is always bad.

Reactions: Bradu
I'll posit that there aren't many meth users who aren't addicted.

I still don't want meth addicts running around with guns.

Psychedelics that can create hallucinations probably aren't good for people with access to guns.

Certain situations should be avoided because they increase the danger for people who aren't sharing your trip.

That's where personal responsibility comes in. Not many recreational drug users have it.

Hunter S Thompson is one of the rare examples who would get high, be productive, shoot stuff with a .44 Magnum and hurt no one beside himself.

I know a software engineer who probably gets high nearly as much as Hunter did and he keeps it together enough to work for the government. I'm not sure if he has a gun hobby (he's in a different portion of my Venn diagram).

Another is an banker who has worked around the globe doing international banker stuff, lots of drugs and hasn't lost any money as far as I know. She's very employable and works wherever she wants so no bridges burned. Not a gun person, primarily because it's never been an option for her due to citizenship but I think she could handle it with no problems.

I know a handful more that would be ok.

I know lots who would be a problem or are a problem already.

When drug use makes you a criminal and gun owners are treated like criminals, there is going to be some bad overlap where people have no motivation to be law abiding.

I'll posit that there aren't many meth users who aren't addicted.

I still don't want meth addicts running around with guns.

Psychedelics that can create hallucinations probably aren't good for people with access to guns.

Certain situations should be avoided because they increase the danger for people who aren't sharing your trip.

That's where personal responsibility comes in. Not many recreational drug users have it.

Hunter S Thompson is one of the rare examples who would get high, be productive, shoot stuff with a .44 Magnum and hurt no one beside himself.

I know a software engineer who probably gets high nearly as much as Hunter did and he keeps it together enough to work for the government. I'm not sure if he has a gun hobby (he's in a different portion of my Venn diagram).

Another is an banker who has worked around the globe doing international banker stuff, lots of drugs and hasn't lost any money as far as I know. She's very employable and works wherever she wants so no bridges burned. Not a gun person, primarily because it's never been an option for her due to citizenship but I think she could handle it with no problems.

I know a handful more that would be ok.

I know lots who would be a problem or are a problem already.

When drug use makes you a criminal and gun owners are treated like criminals, there is going to be some bad overlap where people have no motivation to be law abiding.

Im all in favor of substances being legal for responsible use but from all Ive seen Meth is just poison and should be flushed down the toilet.

Reactions: flyer
I am in favor of not having laws for anything that is not in a state or federal constitution. Grow up and take responsibility for yourselves and stop with all the laws, you are being played, willing serfs in the making. You are forfeiting power over yourselves and making the most evil amongst us responsible to pass laws to protect you from you. The problem is you are dragging us freedom lovers along with your stupid asses., stop ferkrissakes.

But i do remember that self diagnosing and treatment is always bad.
For who?

I usually know a lot more about my medical condition, potential treatments, potential side effects and risks before I go to the doctor than the doctor does after a complete examination.

I am the type who occasionally reads clinical reports and legal briefs for fun so I know not everyone goes in like that but I know my toes are in much better shape after I quit letting doctors treat my ingrown nails and started using pliers.

Saying weed has never killed anyone is like saying tobacco has never killed anyone.

From a medical stand point there should be more testing done. Theres too much misinformation out there right now as many people are working to get weed leagized... and why? Who says weed is healthy? Not to say that there are not benifis that it may offer. But i do remember that self diagnosing and treatment is always bad.

no really. I have a grand cash that says you cannot find one single person that has been killed as a direct result of smoking or ingesting marijuana. I'm talking about from the product, not something perhaps some dumb shit did after they had it.

no fucking shit it impairs driving.

no shit it's not good for you in mass quantities. neither are doritos.

no one says it's healthy. But we do say that it is a far more healthy alternative than tobacco or alcohol (you know since it's fact tens of thousands
die as a direct result of using those yearly.)

Last edited:

When I first came here, some 11 years ago, to even try to have this conversation would get you scorned and ridiculed.

Thank goodness for progress, or are we getting more 'liberal'...Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:rolleyes:

Wait so supporting weed is a liberal thing? What about when it provides benefits to veterans?

Maybe it's just recognizing facts and using common sense.

Love my conservative values. But I also have enough sense to look behind the bs the govt tries to sell me on different issues and I come
up with my own opinion, not because the republican party said so.

When I joined here 12 years ago, all forms of political and religious talk was forbidden and also you could not say anything even remotely negative about cops and their actions. It took awhile, but it's nice that the rules have relaxed. As far as us becoming more Liberal, that's a good thing if we are talking about the type of Liberals our Founding Fathers were and the Liberalism that this country was founded upon. But if we're talking about the Progressive or SJW types of Liberals then fuck that! SJWs and their censorship are ruining not only the internet, but also the real world.

Reactions: Maggot
I believe the people promoting it today are not on our side. As the law stands today, if you use weed you can not legally buy a gun. Unless your situation is truly dire you should try other treatments.

Of course if you think the law is wrong you should express those thoughts to your elected officials in the hopes of eventually changing the law.

I had a bad car accident, and I drive a lot for work which made doing my job after the accident quite stressful. I tried mild doses of pot of a night-time to try and alleviate that anxiety for a few months, and it worked up to a point. I wasn't a recreational smoker beforehand. I also tried DMT under the recommendation of some friends one night, and while that was an interesting experience, and I personally think helped as well, I probably wouldn't suggest that to everyone. It can be quite a shock if you have never used substances like that.

Talking to a counsellor throughout the whole process was the most consistent and therapeutic thing you can do. I'm now ok, and race motorcycles which help confront a few new things. Great confidence booster, I can recommend motorsports to everyone. I don't smoke anymore.

Last edited:

Medical marijuana is not self diagnosing and treating. You guys seem to be missing a very important point, in that these people are under the supervision of a doctor. A lot of comments here sound like you are going down to the corner drug den. No, that is not how medical marijuana works.

The driving debate is a very interesting one.

"Cannabis did not have a dramatic influence on driving performance. Cannabis reduced mean speed, which was interpreted as the participants being aware of their impairment, and adjusting their performance to make the task easier, thereby compensating for the effects of cannabis by reducing speed. The primary degrading effects of cannabis were on tracking ability, as seen by impaired performance on the figure of eight task. This is consistent with previous research that shows that cannabis initially affects psycho-motor performance as opposed to higher- order cognitive processes."

Pretty interesting study.

http://acrs.org.au/files/arsrpe/RS010054.pdf

Marijuana can't turn you into the slobbering pile of mush booze can. Saying its not as bad doesn't mean its healthy. Money is better burned down a barrel.

I have seen a few slobbering piles who had gotten a bunch of edibles in their system.

It happens.

I think it might even be easier to eat that much instead of drink yourself in to a stupor.

As far as the whole driving thing goes, I can only speak from my own experiences. I have been the passenger not only with someone who was driving drunk, but also with someone who was driving while high on weed. I honestly felt WAY safer riding with the stoned driver. Alcohol is well known for making you brave and do shit you normally would never do while sober. Weed on the other hand makes you hungry and lazy and not wanna leave the house. Finally I want to add that it's very easy to die from alcohol poisoning, but it's impossible to die from a weed overdose. Yeah, weed overdoses do happen, but they are never fatal. Just a waste of good weed.

75% of people using weed get paranoid? Alright bro, keep on thinking that one. Sounds like some reefer madness
drank too much of the governments kook aid to me.

I think you need to try some different shit.

I’m not saying I smoked pot as a teenager. If I did, it would have been common to pick one person out of the group to go into the grocery store to buy something just to fuck with them because NOBODY wanted to walk into a grocery store stoned. Paranoia will destroya. Hahaha, now go get some gatorades.

Reactions: Maggot
Medical marijuana is a joke as practiced, too many people going to a doctor they see once for "anxiety" and getting a card. If it was subject to the same protocols as any other drug, and was off Schedule I federally I predict almost nobody would be using medical marijuana instead of just buying a bag at the corner store.

Well yeah. Because you do know there is nothing different from "medical" weed and "recreational" right?

I'm sure you also knew that when you buy "medical" weed, it's taxed at a much lower rate.

Medical marijuana is a joke as practiced, too many people going to a doctor they see once for "anxiety" and getting a card. If it was subject to the same protocols as any other drug, and was off Schedule I federally I predict almost nobody would be using medical marijuana instead of just buying a bag at the corner store.

Opinions and ass holes. Your prediction has proven untrue, since the legal markets in states have not killed medical in those states. If a doctor thinks its works for anxiety, I would tend to side with them. If a doctor thinks its benign enough to prescribe like aspirin, I don't care. Look at all the side effects of the drugs they pass out, and no one bats an eye. Why? Because science made it safe for us...LOL...

Loving this debate

Really enjoy those people that are against something just because it's illegal, but once it's legal they have zero issues.

gotta learn to form your own educated opinion.

no better? dude. you may want to take a look at the deaths from alcohol abuse per year.

Weed abouse=no oreos in site

I think it's a no shitter that it's not an end all be all. It's just a better alternative than other medications to alleviate conditions associated with
lots of issue people have..........like aspirin.............except aspirin has killed people.

"Each year, 15,000 people die and 100,000 people are hospitalized as the result of aspirin and other NSAIDs—and these are probably conservative estimates."
What he meant was that it’s no better as in it doesn’t solve the problem. He wasn’t referring to the fallout
The good doctor answered for me, thank you sir.

This thread is specifically about the usage of marijuana based medications for the treatment of PTSD, and all those types of medications do is temporarily mask and suppress the symptoms with zero treatment benefit. It's the same as taking opioid based medications for a blown out back and never getting it surgically repaired. Symptom relief with zero focus on the root cause does nothing, and can actually allow the condition to worsen.

This thread is specifically about the usage of marijuana based medications for the treatment of PTSD, and all those types of medications do is temporarily mask and suppress the symptoms with zero treatment benefit. It's the same as taking opioid based medications for a blown out back and never getting it surgically repaired. Symptom relief with zero focus on the root cause does nothing, and can actually allow the condition to worsen.

They give opioid based meds for PTSD. I think looking to safer options is important. Doctors will push and push the opioids on you. Every one did me, a lot them that I only saw once too. Like a god damn cartoon drug dealer some of them, "no, you don't want them!??? Here is my card in case you change your mind."{wink wink flips quarter repeatedly}.

If the insurance company can get the doctors to get you hooked on some of that shit, they know when the ass blast comes you will roll over and show your belly like a good dog. You know, whats a life if it saves them 50K?

This thread is about general thoughts on recreational and medical weed, and as it relates to ptsd.

And yeah, we have LOTS of pharma backed drugs that mask the symptoms of different ailments.

don't see you have any issue with taking an aspirin for a headache...........you know to mask the symptoms

They give opioid based meds for PTSD. I think looking to safer options is important. Doctors will push and push the opioids on you. Every one did me, a lot them that I only saw once too. Like a god damn cartoon drug dealer some of them, "no, you don't want them!??? Here is my card in case you change your mind."{wink wink flips quarter repeatedly}.

If the insurance company can get the doctors to get you hooked on some of that shit, they know when the ass blast comes you will roll over and show your belly like a good dog.

That right there is a lot of what I'm getting at.

Weed isn't a perfect solution. But it's a hell of a lot better solution than the dictionary of drugs that are prescribed for a number of conditions.

grow it, chop it, dry it, smoke it. in that order. 100% organic and it don't get more natural than that.

A clinical plan for MDMA (Ecstasy) in the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD): partnering with the FDA
Rick Doblin
Journal of psychoactive drugs 34 (2), 185-194, 2002
The FDA and the Spanish Ministry of Health have concluded that the risk/benefit ratio is favorable under certain circumstances for clinical studies investigating MDMA-assisted psychotherapy. Both agencies have approved pilot studies in chronic posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) patients who have failed to obtain relief from at least one course of conventional treatment.

First, a lame joke.

PRS would have to increase those short ass time limits a long ways ....

Dude, where's my rangefinder? That cloud looks like an Abrams... What target is it again??

Probably not good for much except partying/unwinding with, let's be real. The only thing fixing my back pain or anxiety is the daily muscle strengthening, sense of accomplishment and sunlight provided by my new career in the chainsaw arts. Plants/trees will help, just not those ones so much until you straight up get cancer, then you should check into it for sure.

Also for the legal beagles... What if you get the prescription but never fill it? Still gonna take their guns away for that??? The old lady gets prescribed shit by her doc for petty stuff all the time and we only buy them if she wants them... It may list her as a Prilosec user but she sure af isn't one...

That right there is a lot of what I'm getting at.

Weed isn't a perfect solution. But it's a hell of a lot better solution than the dictionary of drugs that are prescribed for a number of conditions.

grow it, chop it, dry it, smoke it. in that order. 100% organic and it don't get more natural than that.

What I am also getting at is, treatment is not all cure. Weed as redmans said is not a solution, not even close. It could be useful as part of a treatment program though. I think the more interesting things coming as a cure are from mushrooms.

https://www.learning-mind.com/magic-mushrooms-can-actually-rewire-and-change-your-brain/

My want to learn about soil, has turned to an interest in fungus and all it does that we don't know or understand.

http://discovermagazine.com/2013/ju...oil-spills-nuclear-meltdowns-and-human-health

Red is 99% right here. Taking a drug, any drug (these arent like antibiotics) for this type of stuff is treating the symptom not the cause. Its like cutting the top off a regular type of weed (no pun intended) but not digging out the root. It just comes back, often worse.

I have seen that in some cases, cannabis may allow one to become more introspective, and begin to uncover the root cause of the PTSD which often is emotionally based. In that way it can be valuable.

Reactions: supercorndogs
This is the type of people they have counselling vets and troops.

Hasan_nidal.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nidal_Hasan

How about, weed can lead to an increase in anxiety. Maybe not the best thing for those with ptsd.

The very few times i tried it,the down effect definitely led to an increase of anxiety...won't touch that shit ever again .

The OP wants weed to be the answer. He doesn't care if it actually does anything for PTSD.

He's asking on a gun forum because he wants weed and guns to go with his PTSD.

It's a bad idea that he wants to get validated.

I don't care if he smokes more than Tommy Chong, just don't add guns to the mix because we don't want to deal with the backlash when you fuck up.

Again, he isn't interested in treatments supported by science and clinical trials because he wants to get high.

If you want to play chemistry set with your brain, do it in a safe space and that doesn't mean alone in a crappy apartment with guns.

So. I guess weed is the answer, for some, and not for others. More people die from pharma fuk ups than all "illegal" drugs combined every year.. Pot is just as much "science" and clinical as big pharma and so called treatment.

For the record I dont drink or do any kind of drugs but will be picking it up when I retire and I have a shit ton of guns, I dont see the connection to smoking pot and owning guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.