• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Well Its About Time - Magpul Enhanced Dust Cover

JohnCarter17

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2021
TX
So I saw this, in a new section of stupid on YouTube. The vertical videos that now appear, proof that lots of people are lazy and have no idea what a proper aspect ratio is.

Anyways Magpul has decided to produce a dust cover that sucks the joy from our life:
No more lost c-clips, spring twisting gymnastics or upper disassembly to remove/install dust covers.

The Enhanced Ejection Port Cover is a drop-in upgrade designed to provide an improved installation process, physical strength, and corrosion resistance over the standard USGI ejection port cover. Traditional stamped-steel ejection ports are malleable, prone to corrosion, and require tools to install. The Enhanced Ejection Port Cover snaps into place easily without having to remove your hand guard or barrel nut, wind any loose springs, or adjust small e-clips. Constructed of impact-resistant injection molded polymer, it is corrosion resistant and will not bend or deform from impacts.

Is this really the 1st time in ~55 years someone has looked at the dust cover and thought of improving the design?

mag1206-blk_magpul_enhanced_ejection_port_cover_02.2_1.jpg
mag1206-blk_magpul_enhanced_ejection_port_cover_04.2_1.jpg

Because Americans are "de-volving" and can't figure out how or don't own the tools to remove pins?
A self captured rod/spring without a circlip would be long overdue evolution in my book

I am using the Strike Industries dust covers, they also have a self captured rod and spring. Getting the spring preloaded is the hardest part. I like how Magul did their spring and tab. Strike has them for .308 and 5.56.

Last edited:
Reactions: rpoL98
I have had couple with captured springs for a long time. Even one from Midway's AR stoner. The only real advantage I see is that you don't have to remove the handgaurd to remove or install the port cover. Not that removing the hand guard is a big deal. Winding the spring in the enhanced type is a little tough, and based on reviews at Midway, some people can't figure out how to remove them, and assumedly forgetting to wind the spring.

I've been using the Strike Industries ones for years. Just ordered one of the Magpul yesterday morning. Neither work with a Lantac Enhanced BCG btw.

old news. strike industries has been doing this for quite a few years. Magpul might have improved on it a little though.

I recently installed one on a new upper build. It is very easy to install and works as intended. I recommend them based on my experience.
Cheers, Steve

even Daniel Defense has had their own polymer version out for years now. Indeed, Magpul is late to the party.

TOWdLAg.gif

Reactions: DustBun
What next?! Soon no more roll pins, it will all be set screws. Kids are ruining everything.

• Haha
Im all for it. Just like the aero m4 stuff. So easy with the screws.
until you actually use it and get to high round counts and those screws walk out

stop, before you get the desire to say you're a shooter just stop. It's well known that on high round rigs, the screws walk out so save yourself the lie claiming to actually use your aero

I tried a Strike one for big ARs and it didn’t function really well. I put the steel one back on. Magpul stuff generally works well though.

I tried a Strike one for big ARs and it didn’t function really well. I put the steel one back on. Magpul stuff generally works well though.
I had one not work right too; wouldn’t stay shut. Then noticed the detent is adjustable with a small screwdriver. Backed it out 1/2 turn and it worked like a champ.