• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Well, there you go......

It isn't universally defined, but for the rules I've worked under, High Risk involved the confirmed presence of firearms and the subjects willingness to use them.
I support where you are coming from, but this definition of high risk describes a good amount of the people right here on the Hide, likely yourself included. Surely there needs to be additional criteria involved.

I support where you are coming from, but this definition of high risk describes a good amount of the people right here on the Hide, likely yourself included. Surely there needs to be additional criteria involved.
Come on man, I was being brief. There are a ton of other considerations that go into those decisions. You know what I was talking about.

Reactions: lash
Yes you absolutely can.

You’re legal right to self protection doesn’t end because you are committing a crime.

If I’m in my house commiting wirefraud.... and someone breaks into my house trying to rob me at gun point..my right to self defense isn’t void.

You legally don’t lose rights until you are convicted....

And even then you never legally lose the right to self defense
You are grossly conflating two completely different sets of circumstances, but I get it, you disagree. That's OK. I'd rather not hammer at each other over it.

Keep in mind fellas that @Skookum first assignment of failure was not with the homeowner but with the department committing an act without the training/intel/leadership required to do so. Show me a discipline without its own bad apples and I’ll show you a liar.

Reactions: Redmanss and lash
Fact is you guys convict a muther fcker before he had his day in court. Even in this thread you are calling the homeowner a felon when he hasn't been convicted of anything yet, hell you are calling this guy a felon even when you busted down the wrong goddam door. get over yourselves, you have no more authority to shoot anyone than a CCP does. You continue acting this way you are creating a lot of bad will and I mean very bad will amongst people that have supported the law all their lives. you are the reason there is a huge gap in trust with LEO's and the public, and I aint just talking the hood. Look how many condolences a cop shot thread gets even here on this hide, not many, not even close to just a few years ago. Keep playing gotcha and living by a two tiered justice system and you will pay a price, the country will pay a price, we will all pay a price. And the fault will lay mostly at the gang in blue, along with the Politician scumbags we have.

Ignore what I am saying at your peril, I wrote a very similar post right after the New Mexico cops killed that homeless guy on the side of the hill and you all came out justifying the murder. Hell you justified the murder of that dude on his porch. The angst does not dissipate from shit like that.

You guys think me a cop hater, contrary, I am giving you advice here, insurgency warfare advice, you are losing the battle and the war badly. Only an honest look at yourselves and your organizations and some house cleaning you all might turn it around. The country depends on it so get busy.

You must have me confused with someone else.

I’ll respond though. You ignore every guiding law, case law, policy, or principle us cops have been trained to do our jobs under. You dismiss them outright. I didn’t post in this thread till the one you quoted. I have no problem whatsoever with the cops getting shot in this instance, and I’m very sorry the homeowner had to go through that. The cops fucked up. That female officer in Dallas, wow is she screwed! Nobody to blame but herself.

Contrary to the propaganda, which you’ve been eating up for years, I have never had so many meals paid for by strangers in my entire career, as I have in the last 8 or so years, and it’s accelerating. It started after the Michael Brown incident. Makes me feel kinda strange, because I’m the last guy who needs my bill paid. So for every rabid anti-cop trouble making idiot on the news, there’s another one leaning up next to me in the coffee shop thanking me. You rant and rave about leftist propaganda, but holy shit do you eat it up when it’s about cops!

Crooked cops, fuck-em, lock them up. There are 800,000 or so in this country though, making tens of millions(low-ball figure) of public contacts a year, and you consistently indict the lot of us over the deeds of a very tiny fraction. You listen to a bunch of squeaky wheels, and form an opinion. I seem to recall you being treated rather favorably by cops after being stopped a few times for various things. You’d think if the bad apples were so thick, even you would have gotten some attention. Any one of your fellow soldiers ever step on their crank in a royal fashion? Oh no, not in AJ’s army.....

I’ve made roughly 30,000 traffic stops in my career, and about 1000 arrests. Never managed to shoot/shoot at anyone, none of my arrestees have ever died in custody, I’ve been in a handful of fights, never kicked down the wrong door (who am I kidding, never kicked a door), and I have exactly two complaints against me(exonerated on both). When I think about the thousand or so cops I’ve directly worked with, I see basically the same thing. A little slice of the population, overwhelmingly Vets, just doing a job and going home at the end of the day. I also see when the Dept. cans somebody for fucking up. Doesn’t make the news, and you certainly wouldn’t know about it. You’re free to have your opinions, but I know you’re on the outside looking in, as you haven’t walked a single step in our shoes.

Last edited:
If they are hollering police, and my family is in the back of the house...Then my plan is to shout back "ARMED HOMEOWNER ON THE PHONE TO 911---DO NOT ATTEMPT FURTHER ENTRY UNTIL 911 CONFIRMS THAT YOU ARE POLICE. IF YOU CONTINUE NOW YOU WILL BE SHOT." My wife will be on the phone ASAP.

But if my kids were playing in the rec room in the basement I would have to charge the point of entry....

I would have to disagree with this as you would be giving up any tactical advantage that you have as well as putting them in an even higher state of alert to use deadly force upon entry knowing that there is someone armed on the other side of the door.

If they make a fatal error by breaking down the wrong door and get killed you still have the argument in court that you were defending your family and self during a break in.

Welp, there ya go, all is good in copland.

You must have me confused with someone else. (i did quote the wrong post but it works too.)

I’ll respond though. You ignore every guiding law, case law, policy, or principle us cops have been trained to do our jobs under. You dismiss them outright. I didn’t post in this this thread till the one you quoted. I have no problem whatsoever with the cops getting shot in this instance, and I’m very sorry the homeowner had to go through that. The cops fucked up. That female officer in Dallas, wow is she screwed! Nobody to blame but herself.

The female cop is walking around free as a jaybird. Citizen is in the ground.

Contrary to the propaganda, which you’ve been eating up for years, I have never had so many meals paid for by strangers in my entire career, as I have in the last 8 or so years, and it’s accelerating. It started after the Michael Brown incident. Makes me feel kinda strange, because I’m the last guy who needs my bill paid. So for every rabid anti-cop trouble making idiot on the news, there’s another one leaning up next to me in the coffee shop thanking me. You rant and rave about leftist propaganda, but holy shit do you eat it up when it’s about cops!

Video of cops murdering citizens is not leftist or rightist propaganda, its just fact. I only been paying attention to this subject since NM murder, and the mounted defense here on the hide, I never really paid attention before that. I just trusted the cops to be doing the right thing.

Crooked cops, fuck-em, lock them up. There are 800,000 or so in this country though, making tens of millions(low-ball figure) of public contacts a year, and you consistently indict the lot of us over the deeds of a very tiny fraction. You listen to a bunch of squeaky wheels, and form a opinion. I seem to recall you being treated rather favorably by cops after being stopped a few times for various things. You’d think if the bad apples were so thick, even you would have gotten some attention. Any one of your fellow soldiers ever step on their crank in a royal fashion? Oh no, not in AJ’s army.....

Yep cops treat me pretty favorably/fair alwatys have since the army cut my pony tail off, and I dont think we have many crooked cops at all, I do think we have some murderous SOBs (Mesa hotel murder) that are very scared people and should not be carrying a gun and a badge but you know that already.

I’ve made roughly 30,000 traffic stops in my career, and about 1000 arrests. Never managed to shoot/shoot at anyone, none of my arrestees have ever died in custody, I’ve been in a handful of fights, never kicked down the wrong door (who am I kidding, never kicked a door), and I have exactly two complaints against me(exonerated on both). When I think about the thousand or so cops I’ve directly worked with, I see basically the same thing. A little slice of the population, overwhelmingly Vets, just doing a job and going home at the end of the day. I also see when the Dept. cans somebody for fucking up. Doesn’t make the news, and you certainly wouldn’t know about it. You’re free to have your opinions, but I know you’re on the outside looking in, as you haven’t walked a single step in our shoes.

welp you haven't walked in my shoes but that has nothing to do with the conversation at all, you are the one that chooses to separate yourself from the citizens not me. I carry a pistol and have just as much right to defend myself and others as you or any cop does, my point is there are bad apples and there are those that will go through 30k stops and have no violence, but then there are the bad apples who do negate the 10 cops like you or even the 1k cops like you, and ill be dammed every time that happens the 1k "normal" cops back up that bad apple without question, thus impugning all the good work the 1k cops do do. Most every cop news I get is right here on teh hide I dont troll leftist cop hating websites. My thoughts about LEOS have been shaped by the cops right here on the hide, more than any other input I might have from elsewhere. For better or worse that is the truth.

/QUOTE]

You must have me confused with someone else.

I’ll respond though. You ignore every guiding law, case law, policy, or principle us cops have been trained to do our jobs under. You dismiss them outright. I didn’t post in this this thread till the one you quoted. I have no problem whatsoever with the cops getting shot in this instance, and I’m very sorry the homeowner had to go through that. The cops fucked up. That female officer in Dallas, wow is she screwed! Nobody to blame but herself.

Crooked cops, fuck-em, lock them up. There are 800,000 or so in this country though, making tens of millions(low-ball figure) of public contacts a year, and you consistently indict the lot of us over the deeds of a very tiny fraction. You listen to a bunch of squeaky wheels, and form a opinion. I seem to recall you being treated rather favorably by cops after being stopped a few times for various things. You’d think if the bad apples were so thick, even you would have gotten some attention. Any one of your fellow soldiers ever step on their crank in a royal fashion? Oh no, not in AJ’s army.....

only 2 complaints? Those are rookie numbers man. We need to get those up!!

Can anyone close to AJ go over and give him a hug? Tell him it's from me.

Reactions: ArmyJerry
I just finished installing new tires on my Harley, this was just a break/distraction.
239EBC40-B3B5-4CCE-9072-1FA13077E9B0.jpeg

One would logically think that if good cops actually outnumbered the bad cops, the ranks would be self cleansing. This is pretty much the perception of the common man looking in from the outside.

The common man is saddled down with a "police state" over-abundance of laws whose only reason of existence is to label certain actions as crimes in matters where there isn't even a victim. Society is getting tired of heavy handed police state tactics, and those with a badge and gun aren't giving an inch no matter how bad they are viewed in the public eye.

Sadly, those that make the "laws" have managed to attract enough jackboot personalities to do their dirty work for them. A lot of these jackboots have been brainwashed into believing they are actually a positive influence on society. In reality, they would be better off learning a productive trade that actually contributes to society. Instead, they are a net drag on the economy by making a living off my tax (confiscated) money that I earned from a productive activity.

This kind of went off the rails
It always does, I hate these threads. You can't post anything about Law Enforcement on this site without the haters coming out to pile on.

I should never have joined in. I always say I'm gonna stay out of them, but I obviously failed at that again.

you need to stay connected/engaged. If you think they are gong coming out to pile on here in a "friendlyish" crowd. wat do you think he low info person is getting.. you are in a full dimension war which means you need the support of the 99.9 % not the 97%, that other 3 % is powerful enough to bring down everything as we have seen in our own past.

one thing I see from my side is enforcement of clearly unconstitutional laws because you guys were taught that in your training. you might want to start questioning those laws and the enforcement inside the department. you are all being used as armed agents of the state , there to execute policies of a democrat or republican "family" member. look at it from that point of view, its the law is not the answer, most laws are Unconstitutional.

End of the day you must stay engaged.

It always does, I hate these threads. You can't post anything about Law Enforcement on this site without the haters coming out to pile on.

I should never have joined in. I always say I'm gonna stay out of them, but I obviously failed at that again.

Reactions: ... and gigamortis
The best part is the Police Chief had the nerve to say that no criminal charges will be filed against the resident. As if to insinuate that the Police were the victims. How would criminal charges against him even be a consideration or need mention? Nine cops F up and almost kill a guy and his daughter and their Chief tries to make himself seem considerate for not filing criminal charges against the guy.

"The chief apologized for the blunder and said there will not be any criminal charges filed against the resident, Washington news station WTOP-FM reported."

Watch the whole video... Not one public apology to the resident or the community but he commends his officers for their professionalism. That Chief comes off as an arrogant, self-centered, authoritarian. Watching his attitude and demeanor makes it obvious as to why his PD is conducting business as they are. He's not doing the LE community any favors.

Reactions: deersniper
you are all being used as armed agents of the state , there to execute policies of a democrat or republican "family" member. look at it from that point of view, its the law is not the answer, most laws are Unconstitutional.

End of the day you must stay engaged.

Exactly.

I don't really think that most folks on this forum actively "hate" law enforcement as much as they hate the system that has tricked those into doing their dirty work for them. A member of this forum is obviously an armed individual that has fully accepted the task of providing for their own safety. The chances of us needing the services and perceived protection of a police force are slim to none. We logically can't justify the idea of someone else being paid with our tax dollars to "protect" us.

For example, the "war on drugs" via police force obviously isn't doing a damn bit of good except for creating a market for defense lawyers and clogging up the court system. The state absolutely loves the game because it benefits greatly from civil asset forfeiture laws. The money and assets stolen by the state under these laws far surpass the combined monetary loss from typical man-on-man robberies over the same given period of time. The drug problem is simply a supply and demand problem at its roots. Get rid of one or the other and the problem goes away. Spike the supply with arsenic and the demand side goes away without any unconstitutional no-knock raids needed. By removing the demand, we also get rid of the unproductive drags on society that are used as part of the reasoning to tax the crap out of us in the first place.

Spike the supply with arsenic and the demand side goes away without any unconstitutional no-knock raids needed. By removing the demand, we also get rid of the unproductive drags on society that are used as part of the reasoning to tax the crap out of us in the first place.

Like most ideas on the fringe it has actually been tried before and been an abject failure, with the side effect of making it worse for society.
They tried that during the Prohibition days with the whole poisoning of alcohol... apart from some idiots getting poisoned, it did nothing but make sure that people wanted to buy from the gangsters who had the good stuff and not from any locals out to make an extra buck.

Take a look at the heroin today, lots of it spiked with some really crazy stuff that kills people... do you think people are doing less?... Nope it's a near epidemic of stupidity in full swing.

In the whole war on drugs, the police are kind of just as much the victims as the law abiding freedom loving citizens.
The police are told to go out and "fight drugs"... while celebrities & mass media & commercial entertainment is busy glorifying it at a fevered pitch & many of the politicians are busy doing some drugs on the side or know others that are.

If you are the police and you are out doing your job that you are told to do it's got to be a bit crazy when you turn on any popular entertainment and the celebrities are busy flaunting the law, encouraging others to do so and talking smack about you... and making millions for doing so!

Then you start the whole breakdown of the rule of law to where it's illegal on a federal level to do the plant based stuff... but if states decide they want to let it happen, the feds will look the other way... unless they decide not to because they want to get somebody... It would be like saying if your state decided you could make all the machine guns you wanted, the ATF would look the other way... unless you pissed off a politician.. At least make the laws match so we can have respect for the law, you could easily make the plant based stuff legal at a federal level subject to obeying each states laws, much like we did for alcohol with the 21st amendment which is a curious mix in that it clearly says that state laws may supersede federal interstate regulations, in that it is federally legal, but importation across state lines and the distribution thereof is subject to state laws.

There is also a huge concerted publicity campaign to use the war on drugs to turn the community that the Democrats/Communists count on for votes, against the police and treat them as the enemy... refuse any cooperation and then wonder why their community is crime ridden.

The police get ordered to do these raids on drug places to deal with the problem yet no politicians actually get serious about actually fully blockading our southern border and searching everything we allow through to seriously pinch off the flow of drugs as well as probably a bit more overt military action against drug producers in other countries.

Politicians do stupid things like making it hard to get proper cold medicine and jump all over anyone trying to get a bit when their family has the flu... sure maybe it stopped a few home grown operations... and opened the door for massive importation of commercial supply from Mexico...

The drugs themselves are not actually the problem, they are a symptom of the overall decay and rotting of society and the lack of morals and decency and belief in good that has swept over our society thanks to the Communists.

I preach to as many young people as I can to not get involved in drugs of any form including tobacco as well as to avoid getting into heavy drinking. I try to tell them all I can that you don't need substances to get away from your problems or experience "new" things or moods, you can just control your mind as you wish... however it's a loosing battle as popular society seems bent on a crazy cycle of glorifying what is bad for you.

Now if you get to the whole discussion of the Police oppressing you with enforcing laws and rulings from the political class, it gets a bit off track as the problem is the people allowed the idiot politicians to be in charge in the first place & refuse to do what is needed to get rid of them.

However it also comes down to that at the core, if people are honest with themselves, very few people actually believe in true individual freedom, most want freedom to do what they want, but somebody to be hired to use force to demand that people don't do what they think is correct. It's been that way forever. All sides push to make what they don't like illegal... with the end result that just about everything is tied up with laws. It was that way even at the founding of our country... "freedom" was trumpeted... but subject to you best do what the most puritanical said was correct or we will send the law after you.

It would be nice to have a truly free society that fully respected individual liberty & privacy and the right of individuals to do as they wished, subject only to not directly harming someone else... but most people couldn't stand it.

Agree with AJ on this one. Your perspective is needed and not everybody was piling on. Your job is to enforce the law, use good judgement and recognize unlawful orders. Our job to see that laws are made or removed so if anyone is at fault ‘We’ should start with the mirror. JM2C

Yep, they are just following orders. Hmmmm where have we heard that before?

That is a comment that comes up frequently for discussion and such.
The answer is that unfortunately "they" will always follow orders because no matter who stands up and refuses, the politicians and the rabble of the people themselves will always eventually find enough people to "follow orders" and get rid of those that won't.

It's been that way for basically forever, even if the "they" are semi independent directly elected officers like sheriffs.

In any ordered organization like a military or police force, anybody who refuses to just simply "do as they are told" without complaint based on their own personal convictions or morals will be forced out at the first time they choose to take a stand. And "the people" are no better in setting that up.

How long do you think I would last as a police officer in a standard department if I said I would only do things the way I thought best and only according to my conscience... I wouldn't make it through academy and they would replace me with someone who would "do as they are told".

Let's say I manage to get elected sheriff and decide to not do what "they" order, but do what I feel is right, I'd probably be out pretty quickly.

So some adult is buying a bottle of wine bright and early Sunday morning from another licensed adult seller.. I say no problem adults doing legal things move on, fight "real" crime... next thing we have the stupid religious set all up in arms that I won't enforce the stupid laws they passed to keep "sinners" from buying wine on Sunday morning when "All good people should be going to church"... next thing they are preaching from the pulpits that the congregation needs to get rid of me... stupid people want me to "do as they say" to enforce their stupid religious based laws.

So some adult is sitting in the park smoking a cigarette that is not tobacco, just minding their own business... I'm like.. personal freedom.. their own choice, not hurting anyone.. move on... well now my opponent in the elections are going to be whining about I'm "soft on drugs and crime" and stupid people are going to be all upset that I didn't go jump on people over who say which leaf you can and can't smoke as an adult.

Somebody wants to simply act natural and walk around without clothes, no other intent to bother people... well that's natural and I don't care... next thing some group of religious idiots is screaming for my removal because I didn't "protect the children" from possibly knowing what the human body looks like as somebody walks by... once again because they want me to "do as I'm told" to enforce their stupid religious morals on others.

I decide to go for a strict interpretation of the 2nd amendment and refuse to bother anyone for anything unless they are doing something criminal to somebody else, or are a criminal... next the people are whining that I'm not enforcing all their stupid gun restrictions.

I could go on endlessly on just about all the ways the government through it's agents restricts freedom of individuals wrongly... once again some idiots would be en mass gathered to remove me for not enforcing their stupid religious/prejudice/ignorance/hate based laws.

So yes, "They" will always do what they are told because the stupid people and their stupid politicians will always make sure that the "they" is stocked with people that will obey their orders unquestioningly.

If you wonder what will happen if the government sends the police and law enforcement out to disarm everybody "They" will do it without hesitation. Because everybody that is a part of "They" who refuses will either be quit, fired or arrested and they will re-stock the "They" to be whoever will carry out the orders regardless of how far down in the evil rank they want to go.

Also on a day to day basis.. if someone is a "good" police officer and refuses to do something you consider to be a wrong order.. they are risking their career and retirement etc. If they get fired for it, will you be out demonstrating and refusing to rest and tossing out the politicians and police chiefs till they are re-instated, or will you shake your head say too bad and get on with life?

In the end it won't change without a total restructuring of the basis of law with a hard and brutal lock on you can't pass laws that restrict personal freedoms. People as a whole are not ready for it.. people all want the "they" to oppress somebody else to do as they decide is best.

A member of this forum is obviously an armed individual that has fully accepted the task of providing for their own safety.

A few members here are disabled and unable to 100% meet your premise.

The chances of us needing the services and perceived protection of a police force are slim to none.

Those members do have a need.

We logically can't justify the idea of someone else being paid with our tax dollars to "protect" us.

The elderly and disabled easily justify the idea.

Not everyone shares your confidence in the individual's ability to be armed and protect.
The Irish Travelers capitalize on that while you work, and they burglarize homes and steal your guns.
The coach capitalizes on that while they molest the child.
The random kidnappers and rapists capitalize on that when they find daughters broken down on the side of the road, or, perhaps jogging...
The thugess capitalizes on that when they steal wive's purse when shes shopping, then sells the information to identify thieves, and they rip you and your family.
MS13, crips, and bloods have capitalized on that when they successfully jacked cars at redlights, even when the owner/driver was armed.
Armed police officers have been murdered in their car at traffic lights.

There historically are many noted failures of the premise you posit. And those who believe as you posit and reject the police, dont have the ability or infrastructure to clean up or fix after.
The quiet professional police choose not to engage in such internet topics because it is a lose lose because they cannot change a person's mind who hasn't been clawed by the law of the jungle and seen that part of reality.
I hope you never find yourself there.

The police clean up a lot of things that people who share your premise fail to handle. Sometimes their murder.

Last edited:
Reactions: W54/XM-388
organized police departments and fire for that matter have only been around for 120 - 150 years in this country, maybe we dont need them. Maybe that the problem, disarm th politicians might just be the answer.

That is a comment that comes up frequently for discussion and such.
The answer is that unfortunately "they" will always follow orders because no matter who stands up and refuses, the politicians and the rabble of the people themselves will always eventually find enough people to "follow orders" and get rid of those that won't.

It's been that way for basically forever, even if the "they" are semi independent directly elected officers like sheriffs.

In any ordered organization like a military or police force, anybody who refuses to just simply "do as they are told" without complaint based on their own personal convictions or morals will be forced out at the first time they choose to take a stand. And "the people" are no better in setting that up.

How long do you think I would last as a police officer in a standard department if I said I would only do things the way I thought best and only according to my conscience... I wouldn't make it through academy and they would replace me with someone who would "do as they are told".

Let's say I manage to get elected sheriff and decide to not do what "they" order, but do what I feel is right, I'd probably be out pretty quickly.

So some adult is buying a bottle of wine bright and early Sunday morning from another licensed adult seller.. I say no problem adults doing legal things move on, fight "real" crime... next thing we have the stupid religious set all up in arms that I won't enforce the stupid laws they passed to keep "sinners" from buying wine on Sunday morning when "All good people should be going to church"... next thing they are preaching from the pulpits that the congregation needs to get rid of me... stupid people want me to "do as they say" to enforce their stupid religious based laws.

So some adult is sitting in the park smoking a cigarette that is not tobacco, just minding their own business... I'm like.. personal freedom.. their own choice, not hurting anyone.. move on... well now my opponent in the elections are going to be whining about I'm "soft on drugs and crime" and stupid people are going to be all upset that I didn't go jump on people over who say which leaf you can and can't smoke as an adult.

Somebody wants to simply act natural and walk around without clothes, no other intent to bother people... well that's natural and I don't care... next thing some group of religious idiots is screaming for my removal because I didn't "protect the children" from possibly knowing what the human body looks like as somebody walks by... once again because they want me to "do as I'm told" to enforce their stupid religious morals on others.

I decide to go for a strict interpretation of the 2nd amendment and refuse to bother anyone for anything unless they are doing something criminal to somebody else, or are a criminal... next the people are whining that I'm not enforcing all their stupid gun restrictions.

I could go on endlessly on just about all the ways the government through it's agents restricts freedom of individuals wrongly... once again some idiots would be en mass gathered to remove me for not enforcing their stupid religious/prejudice/ignorance/hate based laws.

So yes, "They" will always do what they are told because the stupid people and their stupid politicians will always make sure that the "they" is stocked with people that will obey their orders unquestioningly.

If you wonder what will happen if the government sends the police and law enforcement out to disarm everybody "They" will do it without hesitation. Because everybody that is a part of "They" who refuses will either be quit, fired or arrested and they will re-stock the "They" to be whoever will carry out the orders regardless of how far down in the evil rank they want to go.

Also on a day to day basis.. if someone is a "good" police officer and refuses to do something you consider to be a wrong order.. they are risking their career and retirement etc. If they get fired for it, will you be out demonstrating and refusing to rest and tossing out the politicians and police chiefs till they are re-instated, or will you shake your head say too bad and get on with life?

In the end it won't change without a total restructuring of the basis of law with a hard and brutal lock on you can't pass laws that restrict personal freedoms. People as a whole are not ready for it.. people all want the "they" to oppress somebody else to do as they decide is best.

organized police departments and fire for that matter have only been around for 120 - 150 years in this country, maybe we dont need them. Maybe that the problem, disarm th politicians might just be the answer.

We definately need the police because there are to many that refuse or unable to fill their role. Make the politicians more accountable and sprinkle in a little term limit action and I’m with you amigo.

Keep in mind fellas that @Skookum first assignment of failure was not with the homeowner but with the department committing an act without the training/intel/leadership required to do so. Show me a discipline without its own bad apples and I’ll show you a liar.
When most any other profession fucks up they pay. They don't get to take more tax money to fix their fuckups. And all the other people in the profession don't circle the wagons and cover up for the piece of shit.

They reap what they sow. And they sow more every day.

Reactions: gigamortis
That's probably my biggest complaint. Cops will arrest my daughter/wife/mother etc if they are capable of defending themselves and don't have a permission slip from .gov. What a bunch of BS. All the time for stuff like that and running radar. No time for property crime etc. Last winter they were ticketing people in a near zero crime neighborhood for letting their cars run while they got a coffee. Making sure they spread the hate radius far and wide.

Not everyone shares your confidence in the individual's ability to be armed and protect.
The Irish Travelers capitalize on that while you work, and they burglarize homes and steal your guns.
The coach capitalizes on that while they molest the child.
The random kidnappers and rapists capitalize on that when they find daughters broken down on the side of the road, or, perhaps jogging...
The thugess capitalizes on that when they steal wive's purse when shes shopping, then sells the information to identify thieves, and they rip you and your family.
MS13, crips, and bloods have capitalized on that when they successfully jacked cars at redlights, even when the owner/driver was armed.
Armed police officers have been murdered in their car at traffic lights.

There historically are many noted failures of the premise you posit. And those who believe as you posit and reject the police, dont have the ability or infrastructure to clean up or fix after.
The quiet professional police choose not to engage in such internet topics because it is a lose lose because they cannot change a person's mind who hasn't been clawed by the law of the jungle and seen that part of reality.
I hope you never find yourself there.

The police clean up a lot of things that people who share your premise fail to handle. Sometimes their murder.

Police just protect the criminals anymore and a lot of towns would be better off without the pyros. One of them burned 14 houses near me.