• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What’s the BEST bourbon?

The 1840 is very good and a bit of a sleeper. It is a throw back to when Cognac was the preferred base for a cocktail hence the higher proof.
Among the PF line up it and the Selection Des Anges are my favorites, but the latter is nearing $200 which is more than I'm willing to pay now.
The Selection des anges is or was my go to. Last I looked it was closer to $250. Fuckers put it in a fancy 'decanter' and jacked the price.

1700538789425.png

Damn the Remy is up to $300

1700539132678.png

Looks like I'll be drinking swill.

Looks like local I can get the Pierre 1940 or 10 generations or spring for the remy xo for $210. Thoughts?

So now we're onto Cognac and numerous people have gone on about it.
Yet no one mentions a thing is out of the ordinary.

See how that works.

Dripping bung ?

So now we're onto Cognac and numerous people have gone on about it.
Yet no one mentions a thing is out of the ordinary.

See how that works.

Dripping bung ?
Shut yur whore bunghole. This is the Pit. A thread is nothing without drift. Spin drift even.

Do you even concrete bro?

• Love
Reactions: Maggot
I'd go for the XO.

I've heard of Armagnac but never tried it. May be a future thing.

Well I ended up picking up a bottle of the 10 generations and I have to say it is quite good. It’s been my daily for the past few days and it’s definitely a good change of pace. May end of up picking up the remy xo now, but they did up the price to $235.

Found a bottle of Widow Jane yesterday and remembered the name from this thread, so I picked it up. I was disappointed to see it’s made in Brooklyn, but damn those New Yorkers actually did a good job on it. Very tasty.
I did the same thing. Grabbed the first bottle that I saw after seeing it mentioned here. Blows the doors off a couple bottles costing 4 times as much including a WP15. Will definitely be a repeat customer and will be my go to Christmas gift for the folks that get good booze.

Reactions: Redmanss
So, I know there’s a thread about “what are you drinking right now”. But I wanna know, what do you all think is the best bourbon out there?
Blantons is good. But ever since John Wick started drinking the shit, it’s fn rediculous to get. Here in the Peoples Republic of Virginia, the ABC nazis ration the shit out. F dat!
I have since gone to Woodford Reserve Double Oaked. Smooth with a great finish. Another great one for you SC men is Blue Run. That stuff is righteous!

But hey, what do you all think?
Kinda depends on mood but
Cheap day to day= Henry McKenna
Average D2D Buffalo Trace
Feeling it day Penelope toasted
Feeling a bit feminine rabbit hole PX
Any rye any day

I did the same thing. Grabbed the first bottle that I saw after seeing it mentioned here. Blows the doors off a couple bottles costing 4 times as much including a WP15. Will definitely be a repeat customer and will be my go to Christmas gift for the folks that get good booze.
If you can find it, the WJ15 from their vaults collection is one of the best American whiskeys I’ve ever had.

Reactions: FWoo45
Can’t afford the high priced stuff like Pappy’s…I usually make do with with George Dickel 13yr old bottled in bond. Can be had for $25-$40 and it will surprise most
Agree - George Dickel 8 and 13 burbon is very good at its price point .
My wife is a burbon drinker - me a Tennessee whisky man and for several reasons Dickel is my favorite “everyday” blend . Their burbon is something we can both agree on . That we like it may be an understatement- we toured the distillery on our honeymoon and have again since then .

Almost bought some blantons a few weeks ago. They had a few hundred bottles at the duty free in PHI. $145 a bottle, so no thanks. They also had JD single barrel bottled in bond, which was like half the price and a better sip anyway.

Almost bought some blantons a few weeks ago. They had a few hundred bottles at the duty free in PHI. $145 a bottle, so no thanks. They also had JD single barrel bottled in bond, which was like half the price and a better sip anyway.
Yeah it’s gotten up to $99 lowest around here and it’s 125 at ATL duty free

Just now really getting in to bourbon/whiskey. The collection is slowly growing. Started buying about 3-4 weeks ago.

20240205_162553.jpg
20240205_162116.jpg

I really like whistle pig piggyback aged bourbon.

I feel like most know them for their rye whiskeys but I really enjoy this bourbon.

WLW-Check! The 107 or Full Proof are tied for second. Throw in an E.H. Taylor for safety! Great collection.

its HARD to beat EH Taylor Small Batch Bottled in Bond. but i rotate between that and Weller 107. i just obtained an Eagle Rare 10 yr. Havent had time to try that yet.

Reactions: Bigrederic
@jeffbtripp and I just got back from KY. I got a antique 107, EH taylor small batch, knob creek 12, single barrel pick of Bardstown, Michters 10 year rye, Wild turkey long branch, and maybe something else. Jeff bought half the state of KY's bottles. lol. It was a good haul, all round.

20240219_163809.jpg
20240219_163802.jpg

its HARD to beat EH Taylor Small Batch Bottled in Bond. but i rotate between that and Weller 107. i just obtained an Eagle Rare 10 yr. Havent had time to try that yet.
Sadly I remember buying all these at retail.

I rember when EH Taylor Full Proof was a shelf item at retail... now I struggle to get one for under $400.

The small batchbis just good... I need to pour me some of that tonight.

Agree on the Pappy 15 delicious!! Day to day Rebecca Creek , smooth and drinkable- San Antonio’s local , punches way above its weight (cost)
I wanted to try Rebecca Creek when it came out, one reason it was from right down the road in Bulverde, but it looked watered down and lacked the deep amber color of other whiskeys and bourbons, maybe because of the flat narrow bottle.

So I asked the guy behind the counter if he had tried it and he said yes, he samples all the new stuff when it comes out, and he said it sucked. Weak, watered down swill.

Ive been drinking Makers Mark on the rocks and am quite pleased.

Once again you guys are killing me! You all have very good taste in premium spirits for sure. I'm 5 weeks shy of 3 years on the wagon and must admit I am rather envious of your collections. Enjoy and do have a sip for me, por favor.

I've enjoyed Elijah Craig, and Angel's Envy. Love Buffalo Trace.

Current bourbon I'm drinking is Blade and Blow which pleasantly surprised me with how smooth it is.

I kind of stopped drinking anything else once I found Smoke Wagon. I have Horse Soldier, Driftless Glenn, Russell's, Jefferson, Basil Hayden, Whistle Pig, and others but always come back to Smoke Wagon.

IMG_1889a.JPG

Reactions: Mudburner