• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

I've got a pretty good bourbon going. Basil Hayden with just a splash of coke. Yum.

Perennial Abraxas stout 10% ABV
washed it down with a Founders Centennial IPA and blew the keg in the process
so had to follow up with a 3 Floyds Alpha King pale ale

doing my part for my fellow man because 3 Floyds Zombie Dust is next up on tap once the Alpha king is finished, although some Anti Hero or Fist City from Revolution is likely in the cards later

Perennial Abraxas stout 10% ABV
washed it down with a Founders Centennial IPA and blew the keg in the process
so had to follow up with a 3 Floyds Alpha King pale ale

doing my part for my fellow man because 3 Floyds Zombie Dust is next up on tap once the Alpha king is finished, although some Anti Hero or Fist City from Revolution is likely in the cards later

Bogey,

Where is you is brewing all this good beer?:D

Bogey,

Where is you is brewing all this good beer?:D

Chicagostan. The only thing I like up here is the ridiculous selection of beer. I was an investor in my brother's craft beer bar and he pulls the best shit that makes it into this market.
3 Floyds is my "everyday" beer when I'm tired of new and exciting IPAs

Chicagostan. The only thing I like up here is the ridiculous selection of beer. I was an investor in my brother's craft beer bar and he pulls the best shit that makes it into this market.
3 Floyds is my "everyday" beer when I'm tired of new and exciting IPAs

I didn't want to move to Chicago when I worked for U.S. Airways, but DAMN! I sure ate good. And, yeah the selection of craft beer was outstanding. My big thing though was commuting back and forth from MSP to ORD by vehicle and I'd load up on New Glarus. Specifically Road Slush and Fat Squirrel. Spotted Cow was great for standard pilsner/lager type, but not overly flavorful. He got on a wheat beer kick, so I had to find better beer somewhere else.

I didn't want to move to Chicago when I worked for U.S. Airways, but DAMN! I sure ate good. And, yeah the selection of craft beer was outstanding. My big thing though was commuting back and forth from MSP to ORD by vehicle and I'd load up on New Glarus. Specifically Road Slush and Fat Squirrel. Spotted Cow was great for standard pilsner/lager type, but not overly flavorful. He got on a wheat beer kick, so I had to find better beer somewhere else.

Absolutely. There is NOTHING to make this place worth living in. I've turned down the best job offers I've ever had in the US because it would involve me being HERE for longer. I'm moving back to my place in AL, and all I'm taking with me is a cool midwestern girlfriend and as many cases of good beer as I can afford.

Ive met some really cool folks and made some true friendships here on the Southside, and I will admit that Chicago is a beautiful American city, but Cook county is a governmental abortion. Being up here reminds me of when I lived overseas, I miss 'Murica!!

The best micro brew I ever had was Laughing Dog's ten year anniversary. But, you may never get that again. A blend between a porter and am IPA aged in an oak barrel that ran amazing 12.1% ABV. The best "off the rack" beer was Ten Pin Brewery in Moses Lake flagship beer Head Pin. A 7.1% masterpiece of slightly smoky IPA.

Bondurant Brothers Moonshine.

I was just by there the other day. Robert has done a great job with this enterprise. He's got a one year anniversary event coming up this Saturday.
He makes a damned good turkey call too!

WpYrYBl.jpg

Last edited:
I live a little south of Clarksville so he's not too far from me. But unfortunately I have to work this weekend. I'd much rather go to the shindig!

Trying Ardbeg 10 year old at the moment. It's not bad at all, but I think I like the Bowmore a tad better.
I love watching Horst while I taste a new whisky and compare notes.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hej_fqmNl74" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comments are always fun too.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/HsCDnS7.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Well, it's "EarlYE in the Mornin' " here so it's just coffee. Very strong Freedom Press coffee with 3 shots of Espresso in it. And chocolate almond milk. Hifty/hifty/hifty.

The debate: is rice pudding better with raisins soaked in brandy, or is it superior with lavender and topped with chopped pistachios? My lovely wife prepared both and the answer is, yes. I chased it all with a nice cognac. Mixing cognac and bourbon soaked raisins is about as crazy as it gets around here. It's the relatively mellow, elder folk, jungle juice.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/GCVIYxr.jpg"}[/IMG2]

The debate: is rice pudding better with raisins soaked in brandy, or is it superior with lavender and topped with chopped pistachios? My lovely wife prepared both and the answer is, yes. I chased it all with a nice cognac. Mixing cognac and bourbon soaked raisins is about as crazy as it gets around here. It's the relatively mellow, elder folk, jungle juice.

I dare say that the gardener takes care of whatever jungle there is, non?

Just finished an impishly presumptuous 12 oz. can of Polar Diet Orange Dry.

I dare say that the gardener takes care of whatever jungle there is, non?

Just finished an impishly presumptuous 12 oz. can of Polar Diet Orange Dry.

So insightful that, I dare say, you may be possessed of extra sensory capabilities. Following a season of unusually wet weather, it is a current concern amongst immediate family that at the homestead, just over the NC border, the chattering of the gardeners in residence are in a state of paranoia. One flower is the cause: in the jungle we call a garden is a tall, breathtaking poppy, with silky scarlet petals and a black heart, the growing of which, it was discovered rather too late, is a felony under state and federal law. Actually, it's not quite as simple as that. But I dare not go further.

Were I you, I'd start buying poppy seed muffins en masse for cash from diverse sources, and then fling them about the place like Rip Taylor making an entrance on Ecstacy, in the gravest extreme.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pIC0T4fWQLc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I just got back from a buddy's house. We knocked ate a bunch of bacon wrapped venison tenderloin and backstraps, bacon wrapped jalapeno wedges w/ cream cheese & washed it all down w/ some ice cold Pacifico.

A light priming of the pump.
Irma will be knocking on the door some time tomorrow.
So Rebecca and I are having a pre dinner glass of Clos du Bios chardonnay.
Simple, nice and inexpensive

As summer turns to fall I find myself reaching for 1792 or Buffalo Trace for a pre loading supplement. Jack always is there to help out if things aren't going too well. Steady hands make for precision reloading and shooting.

Booze. The answer that introverts have found for over 2000 years.

Highland Park 12yr Orkaidian Highland Single Malt from one of the islands where some of me ancestors lived nearly 1000 yrs ago. It is slightly smokey, earthy, sweet with some dried fruit nose and a smooth finish. With two drops of water it opens up into a fantastic dram that tastes like "Home". Dalmore 12 is another Highland single that is amazing. Fruitcake, no smoke. Vanilla, Caramel, Cherries, etc. Rasins, dried plums, and it only gets better as you sip it. Elijah Craig 12 - Oaky, sweet vanilla/caramel, spicy peppery finish. Big bold flavor. You can taste the rye in this one. Not for the faint of heart. Not at all smooth but good nonetheless.

Irish

Summit Saga IPA. Excellent brew, enough hops for a good bite. No hard stuff for this boy, gave that up long time ago. Beer makes me happy; whiskey turns me into a asshole.