• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

Patron and Pineapple Juice with a splash of Mango juice. The two small bottles were so good I had to buy a large bottle.

apezatuh.jpg

Death's Door gin, fresh lime wedges, a few mint leaves, and cucumber slices... muddled, add crushed ice and top with tonic. Stir and enjoy.

Last edited:
More Ardberg. I really like this stuff--it's still very peaty, but nowhere near as acidic-tasting as the Lagavulin, which I did not care for.

Drinking Manhattans tonight.

Rittenhouse
Carpano Antica
Angostura

Drinking Manhattans tonight.

Rittenhouse
Carpano Antica
Angostura

You Sir are obviously a man of fine taste and superior breeding. That is the ultimate Manhattan. I just add a Luxardo cherry.

Right now I am drinking Lagavulin Distiller's Edition.

Milwaukee's best light and fixing to put a Boston butt on the smoker. They should go real good together in the morning for breakfast.

Just smoothed out a strong french roast with an ounce of Bailey's. Had it not been for the Bailey's, the french roast on its own would have rendered my post on the Motivational Pic thread (regrading the idiot reporter tweeting about ear plugs mistaken for rubber bullets) far more bombastic. Such is the soothing effect of liqueurs upon my psyche.

One should always be drunk. That’s the great thing, the only question. Not to feel the horrible burden of Time weighing on your shoulders and bowing you to the earth, you should be drunk without respite.

Drunk with what? With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you please. But get drunk.

And if sometimes you should happen to awake, on the stairs of a palace, on the green grass of a ditch, in the dreary solitude of your own room, and find that your drunkenness is ebbing or has vanished, ask the wind and the wave, ask star, bird, or clock, ask everything that flies, everything that moans, everything that flows, everything that sings, everything that speaks, ask them the time; and the wind, the wave, the star, the bird, and the clock will all reply, “It is Time to get drunk! If you are not to be the martyred slaves of Time, be perpetually drunk! With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you please.”

- Charles Baudelaire

Last edited:
Just had the Scottsman's breakfast. Scottish egg and a Scottish Ale.
Nap time!

E30wzBU.jpg

I recently went from buying ground coffee to whole bean and grinding my own. I found a nice dark roast at Trader Joe's that I like. Now I grind my own beans right before I brew, and the taste is so much better since the naturals oils don't evaporate. I'm not using any complex brewing process either. I simply use the KitchenAid grinder I have with the Mr Coffee drip coffeemaker, but I grind immediately before I brew it up. The coffee is easily twice as good. Hard to beat a sunny Sunday morning, a good cup of coffee, a nice Padron cigar, reading The Economist, and throwing the ball for my dog.