• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

20190218_192618.jpg

This is the best gin I've ever had. It's a local product to Utah. I'm enjoying it in a gin and tonic with a wedge of lime and some lime zest.

Thanks for the invite dickhead.

@Claymorx

You must shook the bug or your “sterilizing” your insides. Glad yer feeling well enough to imbibe.

I have a fresh bottle of some good stuff for next time we get together.

Reactions: JRtwo
Fellow Cognac snobs, I have found a Cognac today that rates extremely high and I've already caught myself constantly going back to get another sip in my glass.

Have never tried it before today and its absolutely fantastic.

Frapin 'Cigar Perfect'

Note, this is not the 'cigar blend' as that is a different cognac.

Today is my 61st, my brother gave me a bottle of Tullamore Dew 18. It is a fine sipping Irish.
Have my short time left Coonhound beside me, hanging out

Booker's cask strength 2018. Comes in a fancy box. Costs a shitload. It is the velvet hammer that smashes my spinal headache at the moment.
It's been a bad cold rainy week, and wreaked havoc on my ailments....but not this day.
Drinking it neat and sipping a Coke Zero verniller.

At 116....or is it 126....it don't matter, about one more snirtll do me.

Fellow Cognac snobs, I have found a Cognac today that rates extremely high and I've already caught myself constantly going back to get another sip in my glass.

Have never tried it before today and its absolutely fantastic.

Frapin 'Cigar Perfect'

Note, this is not the 'cigar blend' as that is a different cognac.
I just picked up a bottle of "Forgotten Casks" XO cigar blend lot 17-10. Supposedly only 360 bottles produced.
I'll try to post a pic tonight. Have not opened it yet, but I do have a nice Montecristo to pair it with. I've been more of an Armangac guy overall.

Last edited:
I just picked up a bottle of "Forgotten Casks" XO cigar blend lot 17-10. Supposedly only 360 bottles produced.
I'll try to post a pic tonight. Have not opened it yet, but I do have a nice Montecristo to pair it with. I've been more of an Armangac guy overall.

Is it this?

https://www.totalwine.com/spirits/b...otten-casks-cigar-blend-cognac-xo/p/183313750

Either way it sounds like something I'd like because of the Limousin oak and it has tasting notes of being sweet, vanilla, gingerbread. For some reason I really do not like wood/oak flavors at all, so I have to be careful with what XO I would try as most XO seems to actually want to get the taste of the really earthy/woody wood into it.

Is it this?

https://www.totalwine.com/spirits/b...otten-casks-cigar-blend-cognac-xo/p/183313750

Either way it sounds like something I'd like because of the Limousin oak and it has tasting notes of being sweet, vanilla, gingerbread. For some reason I really do not like wood/oak flavors at all, so I have to be careful with what XO I would try as most XO seems to actually want to get the taste of the really earthy/woody wood into it.
Yes, that's it.
I've got a bottle of Pierre Ferrand for something younger/cleaner. And some Remy 1738.

Ok guys I'm not "drinking" at 1500hrs....but this year's barrel proof EC just hit my likker store. I wanted a taste, is that wrong?
Smooth, deceptively so, definite burn, finish is....tannic? Oaky? For a 12 year ida figured the finish woulda been a bit sweeter maybe. What do I know...it's pretty good stuff and I'm not a snob.
Stout stuff. Tasty.
IMG_20190222_145707877.jpg

Ok guys I'm not "drinking" at 1500hrs....but this year's barrel proof EC just hit my likker store. I wanted a taste, is that wrong?
Smooth, deceptively so, definite burn, finish is....tannic? Oaky? For a 12 year ida figured the finish woulda been a bit sweeter maybe. What do I know...it's pretty good stuff and I'm not a snob.
Stout stuff. Tasty.
View attachment 7030585
Looks delicious I’m always a sucker for barrel strength or single barrels for some reason.

Elijah Craig barrel proof was whiskey of the year (whiskey aficionado) a couple of years ago. It's hard to find and really good stuff! Congratulations and enjoy!

Reactions: DaleGribble82
Is it this?

20190222_152716.jpg

I apparently have already gone through my Montecristos. Padron and A. Fuente to the rescue.

Looks good. You reminded me that I finally need to remember to buy some 1738 as well.

I'll probably either go with some of the Frapin again tonight with a Padron 3000 or a Perdomo 10th Champagne.
Solid choices.
I've seen the Frapin cigar blend (not perfect) in the past and have not tried it yet. Interest is piqued.

Solid choices.
I've seen the Frapin cigar blend (not perfect) in the past and have not tried it yet. Interest is piqued.

I've had the cigar blend but don't remember loving it like the perfect. I'm going to have to try again and see. I have noticed over time, I can much more distinctively taste things in certain cognac and tell them apart; I may find out I really like the cigar blend as well...or not lol

I wish I had a Perdomo Sun Grown or a Camacho Triple Maduro to try with the perfect, but I'm low on maduros and need to restock :D

Reactions: Soulezoo
I love some Dogfish Head. They just started selling it here about a year ago.
Have you had the chance to try their 120 minute? I believe it's seasonal, but damn is it tasty!
Ive just the 60 and 90 minute and both are good. I’ll keep an eye out for the 120. Have you had Lagunitas Maximus? It’s one of my favorite IPA’s.

Life starts at $100 ... for a bottle of booze that is.

I eschew the DPMS, Bushmaster equivalent of liquor!
Go big or go..... put your face squarely in the toilet bowl later! :ROFLMAO:

Claymorex, It's good to see that you know my favorite scotch, Aberlour. I keep going back to it again and again. For an every day scotch, I go to Famous Grouse, a blend, the most popular selling scotch in Scotland. How does Oban compare? I've not tried it yet.

I see you are also in Colorado. Do you ever shoot the rifle matches at Cheyenne Mountain Shooting Center? I'm going to the next on on March 9th.

Claymorex, It's good to see that you know my favorite scotch, Aberlour. I keep going back to it again and again. For an every day scotch, I go to Famous Grouse, a blend, the most popular selling scotch in Scotland. How does Oban compare? I've not tried it yet.

I see you are also in Colorado. Do you ever shoot the rifle matches at Cheyenne Mountain Shooting Center? I'm going to the next on on March 9th.
Oban is a bit more smokey, and more expensive. But I think it's well balanced and one of my favorites.

I've never shot down south.

My sister is in Scotland for the next couple of months. I should have her bring something home for me....

It is bachelor week at the hacienda and things have been turning sideways, like they should.. Though I can't get into that too much.

I have an overabundance of venison from seasons past.

And it will not go unappreciated

And for me

I thought with French wine I should have a French weapon, but I have sold them all. So a nice Belgian vintage will have to suffice (one should always dine with a weapon).