• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

Sitting in front of the Sig Academy Pro shop waiting for my class to start at 0830......

A hot travel mug of Black Rifle Coffee Company, Just Black, with a back up full thermos.

Both made "pour over" via the Chemex.

Since Ive started making great coffee and abandoned the piece of shit Keurig my penis has grown, chicks dig me and other males immediately introduce themselves to me as Beta and call me Alpha.

Huh? You mean you threw that fancy collar coffee pot away and got you a real coffee pot?

IMG_20191014_192614.jpg

Stopped by an old friends today. Said she been saving this for me. She said that it's not Popcorn Sutton but pretty darn close and that's why she saved it.
Going to wait for a nice chilly evening around the fire pit to crack it open.

Reactions: jungle45
Lately I've been drinking nothing but my version of the old fashioned which I've detailed in this thread and my new take on the El presidente cocktail

1.5 oz Ron zacapa 23 run
1.5 oz lillet
1/4oz Curacao
Bar spoon of grenadine

Stirred in ice

Served strained over ice...or not..doesn't matter

Bench

It’s pretty good. I’m leaning hard on the rye the last 5-8 years so bourbon and I aren’t bedfellows. If I’m not careful it might not make the night though

• Haha
Reactions: 1J04
Couple of hours ago we were slurping down Singapore Slings at Raffles, now back at our hotel drinking Old Fashioned and thinking about dinner.

What part of down under are you at?

I've got a lot of fond memories of the continent-- have been all over.

Couple of hours ago we were slurping down Singapore Slings at Raffles, now back at our hotel drinking Old Fashioned and thinking about dinner.
Have y'all had chili crab or black pepper crab during your trip? If not, I highly recommend Wing Seong Fatty's pepper crab.

A legit one? pappy van winkle and all?

bench
Not sure what you mean by that. Sazerac is distilled by Buffalo Trace as well as Pappy's. But Sazerac is a different brand completely with one version part of the Antique Collection and the other version fairly available. Both are very high quality ryes.

My Manhattans that I refer to are the more common Sazerac available. So not a huge deal, but still a quality pour and very tasty. With orange peel and luxardo cherries no less!

But this morning is with bloody Mary's with Tahoe Blue vodka! ?

Not sure what you mean by that. Sazerac is distilled by Buffalo Trace as well as Pappy's. But Sazerac is a different brand completely with one version part of the Antique Collection and the other version fairly available. Both are very high quality ryes.

My Manhattans that I refer to are the more common Sazerac available. So not a huge deal, but still a quality pour and very tasty. With orange peel and luxardo cherries no less!

But this morning is with bloody Mary's with Tahoe Blue vodka! ?
OH, OK!

i thought you were referring to a cocktail by the same name....not a bottle of rye.

Sazerac Manhattan

• 30ml Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye
  • 30ml Hine VSOP Cognac
  • 10ml Cocchi Di Torino Sweet Vermouth
  • 10ml Noilly Prat Dry Vermouth
  • Dash Peychaud's Bitters
  • Rinse of Absinthe
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this is what i thought you were talking about

I tend to use lillet in place of vermouth because I believe its fancier....and I have douchbag friends who insist on drinking James bond martini's and when they discover that its gross they leave me the ingredients lol

bench

OH, OK!

i thought you were referring to a cocktail by the same name....not a bottle of rye.

Sazerac Manhattan

• 30ml Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye
  • 30ml Hine VSOP Cognac
  • 10ml Cocchi Di Torino Sweet Vermouth
  • 10ml Noilly Prat Dry Vermouth
  • Dash Peychaud's Bitters
  • Rinse of Absinthe
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this is what i thought you were talking about

I tend to use lillet in place of vermouth because I believe its fancier....and I have douchbag friends who insist on drinking James bond martini's and when they discover that its gross they leave me the ingredients lol

bench
Love it!
First time I have seen that recipe.

I don't have the Van Winkle rye, but have Whistle Pig which is arguably better. I generally do use half and half sweet vs dry vermouth. Augustine bitters and orange peel with luxardo cherry.

I understand the recipe you gave though. It kinda combines the classic drink sazerac with a Manhattan. I have real Absinthe, (was illegal in the US until recently) but won't waste it on a glass rinse.

I may be able to get a bottle of the Van Winkle rye next month on lottery. We'll see!

Love it!
First time I have seen that recipe.

I don't have the Van Winkle rye, but have Whistle Pig which is arguably better. I generally do use half and half sweet vs dry vermouth. Augustine bitters and orange peel with luxardo cherry.

I understand the recipe you gave though. It kinda combines the classic drink sazerac with a Manhattan. I have real Absinthe, (was illegal in the US until recently) but won't waste it on a glass rinse.
I never rinse with the absinthe, like you I do not see the point...I have it in an eye dropper and just throw a few squeezes in..

I have been using "the bitter truth Jerry Thomas bitters" lately

bench

Damn man. That makes a man want to slit his wrists.
You ok bud?

Funny where we get our inspiration from.

Agreed it Is a dark melody especially if you follow the video images but something about the tempo/beat is a rhythm I could go to war with.

If I want inspirational , the rise of man from Stone Age to Moon Landing greatness it's this.....

Bolero is for fucking.
Did you not see "10"?

Now a little Metallica, like Enter Sandman or Fuel, those I can go to war with!

Reactions: pmclaine
I'll share this as younger visitors here have no idea about "western" music (not country) and don't know Sons of the Pioneers. I became introduced to them as "Back in the Saddle Again" was played at my grandfather's funeral. (My grandfather is in the cowboy hall of fame).
Roy Rogers is the most notable name of the original group.

Reactions: Barneybdb
I have to tell you though that I much prefer the Sons of the Pioneers version of Ghost Riders. Johnny Cash version is not bad either. A haunting voice...

Burl Ives of Christmas song fame doesnt do a bad version either.

I'll share this as younger visitors here have no idea about "western" music (not country) and don't know Sons of the Pioneers. I became introduced to them as "Back in the Saddle Again" was played at my grandfather's funeral. (My grandfather is in the cowboy hall of fame).
Roy Rogers is the most notable name of the original group.

Love this shit.

Seeing as this is a drinking thread just change your drink of choice for the word water.......

Trick is to drink it fast enough before the ice melts, Jack Daniels , I'm from the North but love Southern Comfort Zone.

View attachment 7167760

When I see all those air filled ice cubes ruining good booze... well, it kinda breaks my heart.

Like watching a novice shooter with his Bushmaster thinking he's OAF and all that.

When I see all those air filled ice cubes ruining good booze... well, it kinda breaks my heart.

Like watching a novice shooter with his Bushmaster thinking he's OAF and all that.

Hey I still get a good buzz with the ice cubes.

Reactions: Soulezoo