• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

Just recently got these:

Elijah Craig Small Batch
Four Roses Single Barrel
Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey
7F2A6B5D-C1C9-40B4-952F-7CDCAA841F71.jpeg

Reactions: powdahound76
screwball peanut butter whiskey, hottest thing going right now

I've heard a lot of people talking about it, but it sounds terrible to me. Are those of you who've tried it enjoying it? Should I give it a shot?

I've heard a lot of people talking about it, but it sounds terrible to me. Are those of you who've tried it enjoying it? Should I give it a shot?
No

If you must, just eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a cup of hot coffee or glass of milk and be happy. Or eat some pad thai. But for the love of all that's holy, drink your whiskey the way it was intended. Unless there's a cute girl you want in your sack, then Fireball is permissible

I've been looking for the Weller 107 for awhile and haven't been able to find it. Weller Special Reserve is super common where I'm at and I've even picked up a couple 1L bottles of the Weller 12 without much trouble.

Really like the wheated stuff...

Reactions: Soulezoo
Fresh roasted French roast coffee. Made strong, piping hot and two shades past midnight black. The joys of a peaceful AM while momma sleeps in....

i own a liquor store, but hardly ever try anything new. But the report from folks that have tried the peanut butter whiskey is 100% positive. Doesn't matter to me as long as it sells. The first batch i got in flew off the shelves almost at the same rate as Crown Royal peach.

Funny thing reading the thread above about Weller. Here in central Nebraska, i've never been able to get a bottle for resale. Very little comes into the state i guess, and since the distributors are located in Omaha , 300 miles away, the salesmen in the eastern part of the state get their mitts on items before salesmen in our part of the state do. And it's not even a tier 1 whiskey. Maybe middle of the road tier 2. But a couple times a year i'll get someone wanting some. Maybe someday.

If ur looking for an investment, purchase some crown royal xr in the blue box. It will no longer be available when the current offerings are gone. The former extraXRrare offered in the red box some years back, is now valued at $1000- $1500 for an unopened bottle. Unfortunately for my dumb ass, i opened the bottle i had about 3 years ago , and my 3 boys and i had a glass during the holidays. But i guess that is a memory worth it. Just wished i had purchased extra when i had the chance. I paid $72 for the one i have. Cheers

Investment? Puh-lease.

I can't get any buyers for my Pappy, or my Stagg. I should have a new ZCO scope by now!

Reactions: mzvarner
Uh, Soulezoo... have you looked for Pappy or Stagg buyers here on the Hide?

Happily give you msrp for it, but I refuse to be gouged. I have turned down both for double msrp. They just aren't worth it.
Since I paid a little more than MSRP, that would be pretty much a ?????
And a kiss my ass.
Worth it is entirely upon the buyer and their personal tastes. While you (and others) may not feel it's worth it, plenty of people do, hence the values on the secondary market.
To each, his own.

Since I paid a little more than MSRP, that would be pretty much a ?????
And a kiss my ass.
Worth it is entirely upon the buyer and their personal tastes. While you (and others) may not feel it's worth it, plenty of people do, hence the values on the secondary market.
To each, his own.

It is what is wrong with bourbon today. I will keep my Old Rip, WL Weller, Thomas Handy, Pappy and 19 bottles of Blanton's, among others, but I don't gouge and I won't be gouged. Good luck finding a buyer. But really, open them up and enjoy a glass.

Yeah, i don't understand that. Buy it to drink it. I feel like people who want to drink it won't pay much over msrp. For everyone else they're just trying to make a buck or it's a status symbol to them.

Yeah, i don't understand that. Buy it to drink it. I feel like people who want to drink it won't pay much over msrp. For everyone else they're just trying to make a buck or it's a status symbol to them.
Now this, I agree with. And it's not incongruous to my situation. So I have more than one of most of the BTAC, I have those that are opened and I drink, and the extras I have in case I can make a buck. Capitalism and all that. However, I am not out hawking these things. I just have them saved back in case I do run across a buyer. If I don't, I simply have another bottle to enjoy. I have no pressure to sell. Now some of the vintages, like the 2018 WLW and Stagg, are not just the best expressions of these labels, but are also some of the finest bourbons made, period. The 2019 release of the same doesn't compare for instance. So as these age and become even more rare, their relative value will increase along with their desirability.
Now I fully realize that most folks do not have as refined a palate and care less about the differences. That's fine too. Just be aware that there remains those that do, and it is important to them.

Is it really any different than the rifle, cartridge or scope choices that are argued about daily here on the hide? I think not.

For some, a Burris is perfectly fine. Others, only TT or ZCO will do. For some, Savage is all they need in a rifle where others will only shoot AI.

It's all good in my book. Do what you want that makes you happy, just stay off my lawn. 'Murica.

2 small fingers of Pendleton on ice. I'm low rent, boring and predictable.

I just took 2 shots of vodka. Its 12:07am and I cant sleep. A colleague at work fucked me over today and I'm so god damn pissed off I cant get tired. Some pappys sleep medicine should hopefully do the trick