• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

Had a glass of pappy van winkle family reserve last night. Most expensive thing I’ve ever drank. Hard to give it a good review off one glass, but it was surprisingly smooth for its age, pretty mellow flavor profile, notes of vanilla and honey, maybe toffee. Not a very strong barrel taste. Velvety on the tongue, mild bite at the finish. Is it worth the market price for a bottle, probably not.

Reactions: bearleft
Been on a lemonade kick cutting down on beers.

Refreshing not heavy.
20210904_180342.jpg

This is not staying on the shelves.
Disappears as quick as an allocated bourbon.

Great with pastas or meat / cheese tray.

20210608_214105.jpg

People with extensive wine collections probably won't like it.
Everybody else seems to love it.

Fruity but not desert sweet.

Last edited:
Reactions: rhsc
This thread needed a bump.

Two old fashioneds, both with OGD 100, one with Jerry Thomas Bitters, the other with heavy dose of Regan's No. 6 Orange, and some Fee Brothers Lemon and Cherry bitters.

Finishing the night off with a glass of High West Campfire, Batch #3.

Tears I collected from a member’s meltdown earlier from an Arken thread gone awry with a tequila back. Mmmmmmm
CE433AE0-0D27-427F-A012-929ED4DD8FB3.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6.5SH and Snuby642
Could someone explain why Buffalo Trace is now the “in” bourbon and hard to find?

Oh, and these guys make some good beer….

E0F79C46-BD09-4919-9316-D55E244B63CF.jpeg

IMG_4378.jpg

We took a little road trip norte last night to a small mexican restaurant. (it always trips the wait staff out at such places when they find out my spanish is just as good as theirs...😆) Food was most excellente, but to the real matter at hand memberosas...on a whim we pulled into 2 separate liquor stores to see what they had on the shelf. The first had Angels Envy. They also had Blantons @ $105.00 I passed on that....😔....onto the next and asked for Eagle Trace....el hombre reaches under the counter and pulls out a bottle. Ah.....muy bien pendejo! Also had mucho bottles of Buffalo Trace on the shelf. 4 different sizes! Buffalo Trace distillery puts out a lot of el good-o booze. Not sure why it has become scarce, but until a few weeks ago it was everywhere. Just like everything else, I bet they don't have the personnel to get the booze made and or shipped...I bought it because it seems to have dried up and it is a fair drink and reasonably priced. I have not tried the other 2, and am looking forward to the taste test this weekend. Martin knives from Texas, and a Kukri from Nepal for the aficianadosas. :ROFLMAO:

That concludes today's foreign language lesson....

View attachment 7714230
We took a little road trip norte last night to a small mexican restaurant. (it always trips the wait staff out at such places when they find out my spanish is just as good as theirs...😆) Food was most excellente, but to the real matter at hand memberosas...on a whim we pulled into 2 separate liquor stores to see what they had on the shelf. The first had Angels Envy. They also had Blantons @ $105.00 I passed on that....😔....onto the next and asked for Eagle Trace....el hombre reaches under the counter and pulls out a bottle. Ah.....muy bien pendejo! Also had mucho bottles of Buffalo Trace on the shelf. 4 different sizes! Buffalo Trace distillery puts out a lot of el good-o booze. Not sure why it has become scarce, but until a few weeks ago it was everywhere. Just like everything else, I bet they don't have the personnel to get the booze made and or shipped...I bought it because it seems to have dried up and it is a fair drink and reasonably priced. I have not tried the other 2, and am looking forward to the taste test this weekend. Martin knives from Texas, and a Kukri from Nepal for the aficianadosas. :ROFLMAO:

That concludes today's foreign language lesson....
It’s been harder to get for a couple years actually.

I found the eagle rare smooth and I'll say a bit mild for my liking.

Perfect to have around for exactly that reason.

Personally uncut unfiltered cask strength bourbon is addicting but not for everyone.

I found the eagle rare smooth and I'll say a bit mild for my liking.

Perfect to have around for exactly that reason.

Personally uncut unfiltered cask strength bourbon is addicting but not for everyone.
Blantons SFTB 🤤

• Love
Reactions: Geno C.
It’s mild because it’s 80 proof.
Well close Geno, it's only 90 proof.
And I have a bottle in the mini fridge because my wife doesn't like cask strength.

I like bullet, tx, and stag jr full tilt bourbons better.

1633301953281973482874032902339.jpg

Last edited:
It is a little rough still could really use more than the four years .
Lot of flavor that one day may really be good.

I can drive to the distillery and get them.

Since " discovering Sarazac" I have gotten spoiled and can appreciate the age.

download (7).jpeg

Believe it or not MD20/20 is not that bad , a local bum turned me on to this brand the night I slept in the boxcar.

Busted out an age stated 6 yo Fighting Cock 103 from my stash, tastes better than I remember. Bought a case plus when the word hit the age statement had been dropped, hard to believe that has been over six years ago now.

It’s older Blantons. Eagle rare and Blantons always had the same mash bill when I checked.
Why would it be so much less expensive than Blanton's if it's Blanton's aged longer?
And, how do you like that Old Elk?

Well close Geno, it's only 90 proof.
And I have a bottle in the mini fridge because my wife doesn't like cask strength.

I like bullet, tx, and stag jr full tilt bourbons better.

View attachment 7714459
Was there Saturday. Line to the gift shop was 1 1/2 hours long. Limit one bottle of Weller's per person.

They are running full blast, the demand is insane.

Buffalo Trace Distillery .jpg

Why would it be so much less expensive than Blanton's if it's Blanton's aged longer?
And, how do you like that Old Elk?
Hype and a fancy bottle. When I first started drinking Blantons it was the same cost as ER. In a blind test, you’d be surprised how many prefer ER to Blantons.

Old elk is good. It’s a rather sweet, easy drinker. I try to always have one open.

Reactions: lyman
Blanton's is also single barrel (the first brand to do so), Eagle Rare is not. Ancient Age and Elmer T Lee are also the same formula.

There actually used to be an Eagle Rare 101 proof, but those are long gone.

Was there Saturday. Line to the gift shop was 1 1/2 hours long. Limit one bottle of Weller's per person.

They are running full blast, the demand is insane.

View attachment 7718827
I'm in Texas near the TX distillery.

It's pretty good for a support the local thing.

I do think as they get some barrels with age on them it will be very good.

I’ve had a glass. It’s very good but no bourbon is worth that to me
In San Diego last week for gf's son's basic graduation and we stopped at a place called "Running with Wolves" or something of the sort.
I'm not a Burbon guy myself, nor really any hard liquor. I like a good craft beer, and have no problem spending extra on a good quality bottle. Some things put "Poors" in perspective.
You must rub with some high brow circles.

The placard is wrong, is 20 years (hence the 'double') is also secondary gouger market pricing, $2000 is what they were supposed to sell for.

Last edited:
I know a couple guys that get it for retail. While quite a bit more financially well off than me, they aren’t really high brow kinda guys

Reactions: 6.5SH