• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

Not long ago my buddy made us old fashions from a strait rye, it opened my eyes.

Goat.jpg

Was going to have a old fashioned today but living on cold meds so I passed.

Sipping Calumet Farms 14 yr old Bourbon, neat. Remembering the few men I knew that didn't make it home and honoring all the others that I didn't have the privilege to know. Freedom is never free.

Reactions: db2000
Prosciutt, blue cheese and melon wine drankin’ 🤤
07E5FB11-7708-4A49-8112-B0FD4FC1F06C.jpeg

Just picked this up.
Not had it yet but the last rye I had made a damn good old fashioned.
Thoughts ?

20220603_175209.jpg

Reactions: FatBoy
Desert Door Distillery's Sotol. It's a tequila/mezcal-related distilled liquor from a different genus of plants, apparently common in the desert Southwest of the U.S. (this is from west Texas) and adjacent areas of Mexico. Different to any booze I've had. Light amber color. Less harsh than even some of the aged tequilas, with an almost grassy nose, a mild, rosewater-like note on the tongue, and a "caramelly" finish. Sustainably harvested in the wild (so the bottle says) and distilled in Driftwood, Texas. Bottled at 100 proof. Whether you like whisky or whiskey, you will, I think, enjoy this tipple.

Reactions: earthtrekker1775
If you're a rye fan, which I am, I suggest that you try F.E.W., Stellum, Ammunition, and A. W. Laws...if you're of a mine to pay more dollars for really nice whiskey. Laws is locally Colorado produced, which makes me a fan since I live there, and especially nice, but F.E.W. is equally good, as are the others, while each being clearly unique. Distilled spirits have terroire, just as wines do. Maryland rye distillates are perceptibly different from upper-midwestern ones, for example. Not bad, just different. None of these is 8AM alcoholic's stuff to pick up at the Discount Booze Barn on the way to work.

Just picked this up.
Not had it yet but the last rye I had made a damn good old fashioned.
Thoughts ?

View attachment 7884494

IMO, even for top shelf old fashions, use something middle of the road like Woodford. If you use cherries and syrup in yours you’re not likely to be able to appreciate just how good Piggyback is.

Piggyback is my second favorite Rye behind Willet Family 4 year. Lots of flavors and smooth enough to drink straight even at 100 proof. I think you’ll enjoy it.

I FINALLY found Weller Special Reserve today. Shit is hard to get around here. It’s easier to get single barrel Blantons.

IW Harper has a Bourbon finished in Cabernet barrels. IMO it’s not as good as their straight bourbon but I can’t get regular IW here so it’s the next best thing. Very nice smell on the way up.

IMO, even for top shelf old fashions, use something middle of the road like Woodford. If you use cherries and syrup in yours you’re not likely to be able to appreciate just how good Piggyback is.

Piggyback is my second favorite Rye behind Willet Family 4 year. Lots of flavors and smooth enough to drink straight even at 100 proof. I think you’ll enjoy it.

I FINALLY found Weller Special Reserve today. Shit is hard to get around here. It’s easier to get single barrel Blantons.

IW Harper has a Bourbon finished in Cabernet barrels. IMO it’s not as good as their straight bourbon but I can’t get regular IW here so it’s the next best thing. Very nice smell on the way up.
Blantons has turned into the token bartering chip on the east coast anyway. These guys can trade for high end bottles that don’t move as fast as Blantons in DC and get twice the value as what they paid. Blantons valuation is $125-150 in DC commonly.

Had some prideful goat cask strength recently, very hard to get around here I think.

Anyway will be chasing that taste for a long time probably.

Ill trade you handles of Weller Special Reserve for 5ths of Blantons... straight across LOL...

Ill trade you handles of Weller Special Reserve for 5ths of Blantons... straight across LOL...

I honestly like the Eagle Rare more than the Blantons. I haven’t pulled the wax off the single barrel yet so maybe it’s the shit, but at $100 a bottle it’s not going to be an everyday for me.

I have only had a small amount of the Weller SR, for such a reasonably priced Whiskey it is incredibly smooth and easy to drink. No burn at all, even on the first sip.

Interestingly enough, I got a temp vacay for offering a similar trade on here a year or so ago. Just trying to foster a nice trading environment and some bitch reports it. You know who’s you are.
I know this is tongue in cheek but ya, I’m still salty 🤣🍻
Holla

• Haha
Reactions: rjacobs
Chivas and Drambuie.
1/2 and 1/2.
Commonly known as a "Rusty Nail".
It'll do.
Not really a fan of Chivas, but do like this ratio with Laphroaig Cask Strength in the winter time or when feeling sick.

Sorry, but to me it's like licking a dirty tire fresh from a bonfire.
I never get the old tire or inner tube flavor from a peated Scotch, but I sure do get that from any Mezcal I've tried.

I remembering visiting a manager of the Party Source when New Riff had just started next door. I have pics somewhere of the tall copper stills. Anyway, Deps is 🔥
B912DB2B-4BE9-4680-856E-4BA6AECBFBBF.jpeg

I keep reading the same. My buddy snagged one for me and he said it was excellent. Just hope he doesn’t drink it all before it makes it to me 🤣
Have a couple of bottles left and I agree, damn good. I think Knob Creek for the price is one of the most overlooked and underrated bourbons on the market. And I am not even a Jim Beam fan!

KC I feel like definitely flies under the radar and it’s so solid at the price especially store picks.

I’m not the biggest bourbon fan, just seems sweet and one dimensional to me a lot of the time but damn if this doesn’t change my mind. Enough oak to make it taste like something other than Beam profile spiced vanilla peanuts but not like drinking toothpicks like I heard about the KC15. This was only the neck pour so I’m looking forward to seeing how things open up in a couple months.

I’m not the biggest bourbon fan, just seems sweet and one dimensional to me a lot of the time but damn if this doesn’t change my mind.

Gravitated to barrel proof unfiltered and uncut.

None are "flat" as you describe and a good selection in the 45 - 65$ range many brands to try.

Goat, stag, are a couple open at the moment.

Could not resist cracking this seal open. Sells out quick every week at the LLS , my sponsor.

My buddy will be with the distributor tomorrow and try and get some 10, 12 and l5.

My hood buys the 6. lol
Smooth, spicy only 94 proof but drinks more like a barrel proof to me. Maybe it's the rye.

20220613_171149.jpg