• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

Just had a glass of stagg jr and a couple cherries. A good treat for putting up with low carb crap all day.

I tried several new beers and a lot of seltzers this past week.

One beer and one seltzer stood out as being shitty although the white claw is popular it sucked and the Budweiser Next is the worst thing I have had with beer on the lable.

20220430_213843.jpg

Two of the carb cutting drinks were a cut above the rest.
So if you find the need to diet these two get shelf space in my mini fridge.

20220501_211210.jpg

A week in and still no man bun or urge to get faggot looking jeans.

I won't drink this stuff at a restaurant because I don't want to attract any fuck heads thinking I actually prefer this crap to a good drink.

It's just a diet tool.
63, 6ft 1 and now running 220lb .

Not huge but want 190-200lb so it's easier to find my dick.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Just had a glass of stagg jr and a couple cherries. A good treat for putting up with low carb crap all day.

I tried several new beers and a lot of seltzers this past week.

One beer and one seltzer stood out as being shitty although the white claw is popular it sucked and the Budweiser Next is the worst thing I have had with beer on the lable.

View attachment 7862546

Two of the carb cutting drinks were a cut above the rest.
So if you find the need to diet these two get shelf space in my mini fridge.

View attachment 7862547

A week in and still no man bun or urge to get faggot looking jeans.

I won't drink this stuff at a restaurant because I don't want to attract any fuck heads thinking I actually prefer this crap to a good drink.

It's just a diet tool.
63, 6ft 1 and now running 220lb .

Not huge but want 190-200lb so it's easier to find my dick.
Definitely resist the jeans 🤣
I tried a mango claw, it was shitty as expected and gave it back to my buddy’s gf.
He says Topo Chico ones are good. I’ve only had their soda water. I mix bourbon with that now sometimes to avoid cals

Reactions: Snuby642
So today my ham radio buddy fired up some old fashions. Some imported cherries and fancy syrup but to top that off.

Goat.jpg

The drink was awsome and I liked this rye.

Had to get off the seltzers before someone saw me with one.

How was the rye?

Heard it was great but took forever to try it. Really really good. Was shocked at the taste, herbs like mint and dill. I find it superior to KC Rye store picks at similar proof. 10 yr old mgp is still my sweet spot though for a rye.

Having a couple drams of this today. Easy drinker, the Port Cask finish gives it a unique taste, good value for a $50 bottle.

Attachments

• 20220506_194457.jpg
    20220506_194457.jpg
    451.6 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: db2000 and rhsc
Any of you connoisseur’s have a recipe for a sour apple martini? I get one at the Bonefish and it’s awesome,I’ve tried several times to make one at home but it’s not even close.

Any of you connoisseur’s have a recipe for a sour apple martini? I get one at the Bonefish and it’s awesome,I’ve tried several times to make one at home but it’s not even close.

The 2:1 ratio is pretty close on alcohol to liquor that MOST drinks use.

I run a little stouter in my old fashioned's, but I like a little more bourbon flavor to come through. I am 4:1 in them. But most other drinks I run 2:1.

I looked for a video from Anders Erickson as he is my go-to youtube drink guy. Search around his video's and you will find a PLETHORA of cool cocktails to make.

Reactions: Pre64
What do you think of it, it's one of my favorites. Have two bottles on my shelf now.

Trying different variations of old fashions. So far the prideful goat rye was the best one.

Other than that suffering through seltzers for diet purposes.

Found another that sucks balls.

20220516_183437.jpg

a tall glass of ice water and lemon slice and lime with a sprig of mint and orange zest so a fruit salad with crushed ice lol .

• Haha
Frangelico and Baileys 1/2 and 1/2.....maybe a little more to the frangelico side ?
They were the closest reach in the liquor cabinet.
Surprisingly quite good.
Those monks definitely know their shit.

holy hell dont make old fashioned's using cask/barrel strength bourbon...

Im only 2 old fashioned's deep using Makers Mark Cask strength, I think its 113, without getting out of my chair and looking at the bottle, and im fucked....

Finally looked. It’s letter N: for whoever was asking, which is the second N. You can buy whole sets from Blantons including Gold sets fyi.
0C7733BB-DC3D-4AA0-B613-BDE2393790CE.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: rjacobs
Undiluted barrel proof is the way God intended us to drink.

That's the way it's supposed to taste.

holy hell dont make old fashioned's using cask/barrel strength bourbon...

Im only 2 old fashioned's deep using Makers Mark Cask strength, I think its 113, without getting out of my chair and looking at the bottle, and im fucked....
Your post inspired me to do some research on MMCS and it appears the strength varies a bit from batch to batch, with one of them being about 113 proof, so you probably got it right. The reviews about this whiskey are uniformly very, very good, so I'll have to pick up a bottle. Supposed to be much better than standard Makers.

Hope your hangover isn't too bad. ;)

Undiluted barrel proof is the way God intended us to drink.

That's the way it's supposed to taste.

I recently have bought a few barrel/cask strength bottles just for this purpose.

Wild Turkey Rare Breed Barrel Strength... EXCELLENT at 116 proof. VERY smooth. Does not drink like a high octane bourbon. Infinitely better than 101. I have heard this Rare Breed is a blend of 8-10-12 year bourbons. GREAT buy at ~$40.

Makers Mark Cask Strength... Good, but not great. The nose has lots of caramel. I kept getting bubble gum flavor though drinking it neat. That flavor is not my cup of tea. My neighbor REALLY enjoyed it though. It makes a good old fashioned.

Smoke Wagon Unfiltered Uncut: MEH... Lots of hype. NOT worth 75 bucks or whatever it cost me.

Rebel Distillers Collection 113 single barrel. Not bad. Its single barrel, barrel strength. I think only 55 bucks. I only drank one small glass of it when I was tasting a bunch of stuff I bought. Need to go back to it.

Blackened, which is a sherry finished whiskey. Its hyped by Metallica... Its pretty good actually. 114 proof. The sherry finish gives it a little sweetness.

I know I bought 2 or 3 more barrel/cask strengths to try out.

Your post inspired me to do some research on MMCS and it appears the strength varies a bit from batch to batch, with one of them being about 113 proof, so you probably got it right. The reviews about this whiskey are uniformly very, very good, so I'll have to pick up a bottle. Supposed to be much better than standard Makers.

Hope your hangover isn't too bad. ;)

If you like Makers you will like this. I prefer the flavor profile of the Turkey stuff so the Turkey Rare Breed Barrel Strength is a preference for me. As I said above this Makers neat smells like butterscotch, but I kept tasting bubble gum... BUT its only like a 40 dollar bottle so its not real crazy priced.

Last edited:
Reactions: rhsc
I recently have bought a few barrel/cask strength bottles just for this purpose.

Wild Turkey Rare Breed Barrel Strength... EXCELLENT at 116 proof. VERY smooth. Does not drink like a high octane bourbon. Infinitely better than 101. I have heard this Rare Breed is a blend of 8-10-12 year bourbons. GREAT buy at ~$40.

Makers Mark Cask Strength... Good, but not great. The nose has lots of caramel. I kept getting bubble gum flavor though drinking it neat. That flavor is not my cup of tea. My neighbor REALLY enjoyed it though. It makes a good old fashioned.

Smoke Wagon Unfiltered Uncut: MEH... Lots of hype. NOT worth 75 bucks or whatever it cost me.

Rebel Distillers Collection 113 single barrel. Not bad. Its single barrel, barrel strength. I think only 55 bucks. I only drank one small glass of it when I was tasting a bunch of stuff I bought. Need to go back to it.

I know I bought 2 or 3 more barrel/cask strengths to try out.

If you like Makers you will like this. I prefer the flavor profile of the Turkey stuff so the Turkey Rare Breed Barrel Strength is a preference for me. As I said above this Makers neat smells like butterscotch, but I kept tasting bubble gum... BUT its only like a 40 dollar bottle so its not real crazy priced.
Elijah Craig Barrel Proof is a nice one. C918, A119 are really exceptional. C920 also

For a higher proof readily available bourbon I think old forester 1920 is great. Also makes a very good old fashioned.

For a higher proof readily available bourbon I think old forester 1920 is great. Also makes a very good old fashioned.
I agree. It’s very underrated imo. I think it’s delicious. It’s $60 in VA and readily available like you said.
This is pretty much how Blantons was and now look at it.

16539522871157348645099880339505.jpg
16539522871157348645099880339505.jpg

This is a favorite but even bullet bourbon barrel proof is good.

Just something about the taste of a barrel proof bourbon over diluted, even bottled in bond which I think is next best.

Last edited:
Reactions: db2000
Cheers to the fallen. 🥃 🇺🇸
One thing that will never fall is American whiskey. Crafted or sourced. Red White and Blue.
F7E0CD4F-B213-42F8-A8C6-1CD39F39927F.jpeg