• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

C3BFDF56-4053-4421-8A29-21E9972173B2.jpeg

Nice score today! Cracked the Rebel 10 and it’s a home run in so many ways. Also had a Pour of the Murray Hill. It did not disappoint. The finish was fantastic. I am saving the Cirgar Blend for another time

Attachments

• 42724BAA-4E1D-49FD-9CCD-B0C35AD7D9B7.jpeg
    42724BAA-4E1D-49FD-9CCD-B0C35AD7D9B7.jpeg
    470.5 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: XTREM HTR16
I just found this, very smooth, I will definetly try to pick up a couple more bottles.

View attachment 7915049
Interesting. I’ve had the Tarnished Truth High Rye and it tasted like fresh corn. 60% corn and only 3 yrs old explains it. Awful.
We like Becca at the Cavalier and the hotel itself is nice despite not being on the beach.

Interesting, I've had the Bowman Brothers out of Virginia and liked it very much....
Bowman is a boutique re-distiller of Buffalo Trace. Their stuff is very good but not very widely available.

Rewatching 12 Strong and figured I should have a drink of the bourbon that the OGs sponsored/created.
5302487E-F9F9-4405-912C-B0E6551AB96A.jpeg

Reactions: UKDslayer
My latest bout with covid is about over.

I win, still kicking.

The loss of smell and taste was only a few days for me and has totaly come back to normal.

I have heard some with worse outcomes but think that is a minority.

Hang in there.

Reactions: Labanaktis
Fresh crack. Tawny notes and better than I remember.
0268FA76-DCAB-4949-A33B-3DECCCD0AAB8.jpeg

Nothing fancy today but this shit was earned and damn if it wasn’t good.

Gave up the unhealthies for a reset. No caffeine, booze, or junk. Just steak fruit veg and butter. And lots of cardio. Feel like a million bucks.

7ADEECDE-42AD-4F72-BF33-20B99CBFAFD9.jpeg

A "lazy" Sazerac, since who has time for all that. A small splash of Absinthe to wash the inside of a single rocks glass, 2 Oz of Sazerac Rye, 3 good dashes of Peychaud's Bitters, dash of Fee Brothers Lemon Bitters, fill rest of glass with good ice and stir.

• Love
Reactions: db2000
IMG_4939.jpg

A gift from my daughter last Christmas. Just opened. Very light, no burn, almost "thin" tasting-compared to the bourbons and scotch....a touch of sweet at first with a clean finish....dangerous stuff in my opinion....I reckon I'll be in good company....
thumbnail.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: rhsc
Just had a cheese steak sub and a glass of my favorite, world renowned Sweetened Iced Tea, heavy on the lemon juice.

Some Sazerac 18 from the 2012 release. Been a while from a long open bottle, lot more wood than I remember but nothing like the over-tannin in the Vintage Rye 23 stuff.

I paid $65 for this and the entire BTAC collection used to sit on the top shelf collecting dust because who the hell would pay $65 for a bottle of whiskey then.

Some Sazerac 18 from the 2012 release. Been a while from a long open bottle, lot more wood than I remember but nothing like the over-tannin in the Vintage Rye 23 stuff.

I paid $65 for this and the entire BTAC collection used to sit on the top shelf collecting dust because who the hell would pay $65 for a bottle of whiskey then.
It has gotten out of control and people with more money than sense. BTAC are awesome for $100-200 bottles. Now the collection is $6000+ GTFO.

Just had a cheese steak sub and a glass of my favorite, world renowned Sweetened Iced Tea, heavy on the lemon juice.
Cheese steak sub sounds like you ate at Subway.
It's just "cheese steak" and if the person you're talking to is dense you can add "sandwich" to get the point across.

BTW, coffee.
Colombian Supremo, the real deal which is so very hard to find these days.
Gimme a few to take my obligatory morphine/oxycontin cocktail and it'll be nappy time again :)

2E7F2D17-86CD-4462-90C6-8846B0FF74A6.jpeg
BD30F79D-DEA8-4003-9710-FD21717EBD46.jpeg

I make it on a Jura and call it a Cuban. Ristretto shot first then a Latte on top. Has cinnamon sugar and agave to sweeten it up.

IMG_4959.jpg

IMG_4960.jpg

Stopped in Corbin KY. back in June and the gentleman behind the counter let me sample this here bourbon. I had never seen it up here in Blow-hio and discovered that it became available up here in late June. For once I was ahead of the game.....:LOL:...

(Ed) Martin Knives for the aficionados....

Some people don't know shit from shinola.

Today went to my friends house to work on hf radio antennas. 100 degrees and full sun. Good thing I brought my leather work gloves.

Refreshment time.
20220807_134355.jpg

Miff, waste of good 6 year old that should have stayed in original oak barrel. Sticking it in the wine barrels ruined a good poor and wasted an a additional six years. And on top of that watered it down to like 84 proof ? WTF. Dumbass maneuver. We drank it neat / cold.

My buddy asks what I thought of it and told him about that.

Back out to antenna and hooked up analyzer made adjustments and added ground plane elements.

Back inside he hands me another poor. Sight unseen I tell him this is the real shit right here. Told him it was uncut barrel proof 115-120 plus proof rye the way God intended it to be.

He pulled out the bottle.

20220807_154851.jpg

The Thomas H Handy Sazerac strait rye whiskey is the real deal.

129.5 proof. I would buy a milk truck full if I could get it.

Reactions: 6.5SH and db2000