• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

Even a blind squirrel 🐿 finds a nut every now and then. VA ABC got it right for once 😘🍻
483B33C3-0365-436C-86EE-F5A68E030814.jpeg

We import some rye whiskey from them and bottle it in our "distilleries" and some of them are good.

^^^^^^^ lol.

The "we" was a collective for the US.
I'm not personally a distiller.
I am a "sponsored" drinker from a local liquor store, my buddy runs it.
We taste test all the top shelf stuff and vendor promotions, It's a tough job but I do my part.

People said Canadian whiskey sucked. I beg to differ, some of the rye's I like and are popular.

Whistle Pig's Piggyback is a good example. A bit short of my high proof likings but has the flavor and smoothness to carry it.

At 96 proof it makes a great old fashioned.

I guess if the whiskey is imported it can be bottled at a higher proof than in Canada ? I would like to get this full up barrel proof.

20220615_215654.jpg

20220614_011206.jpg

Last edited:
^^^^^^^ lol.

The "we" was a collective for the US.
I'm not personally a distiller.
I am a "sponsored" drinker from a local liquor store, my buddy runs it.

People said Canadian whiskey sucked. I beg to differ, some of the rye's I like and are popular.

Whistle Pig's Piggyback is a good example. A bit short of my high proof likings but has the flavor and smoothness to carry it.

View attachment 7897075

View attachment 7897076
The thing on that, it isn't what you will find in Canada or most known Canadian brands.

That whiskey on it's own is great, taking it and a few others then diluting it with what is essentially vodka makes it into a lesser product IMO.
THAT is the common Canadian whisky.

Reactions: Snuby642
Not sure I understand.

Are you talking about the Canadians cutting thier whiskey with swill?

It's my understanding that it is not with my "100% rye whiskey " possible by law in the United Sates.

Not that a good vodka should go to waste on my account.

So if it is a Canadian practice we are providing a necessary service to thier barrels.

So I guess actual Canadian whiskey may as stated in fact suck.

It's a catch 22 I guess.

Correct, the 100% products like that are used as flavoring components in their blends. US labeling practices are very strict, but there can be some trickery if don't read closely.

Thank you for the explination of that.

And I guess that explains the flavor profile from them knowing in advance they intend to cut it with cheap stuff and then water as well.

The Piggyback makes great old fashioned. My friend was supposed to order some of the others from Whistle Pig .

Reactions: 6.5SH
2-Pour evening. KC Barrel Pick from a store near me and the AWESOME Russels Reserve Single Barrel Meijer pick. Both were fantastic. The KC has been open for a month and it is sweeting up nicely.

Tried some 20 year old Blantons today.

Totaly not worth it.
Tasted like my EDC leather holster. Swett, dirty leather, stale. Was disappointed.

Totaly not worth it.
Tasted like my EDC leather holster. Swett, dirty leather, stale. Was disappointed.
But folks will still pay crazy premiums for it. The hype is putting a beating on bourbon drinkers.

Totaly not worth it.
A 20 yr old bottle? Not aged 20 years correct?

I'm not a big bourbon guy, but I enjoyed this one. Carmel and vanilla, fairly long on the back pallette

Reactions: Labanaktis
F11BB0FA-8E4A-4B9D-A38C-B4AA0B925E55.jpeg
This one was interesting. I’m going to have another Pour tomorrow but initially I got some toasted vanilla notes with Carmel and some cranberry. Full body pallet. The Finish is better then most and sticks with you. I found myself enjoying it longer then others. A proper amount of Oak that sits nicely with the other flavors and does not overpower them at all.

Reactions: Beefmanne
We spent a week in the Smoky Mts. I originally brought 4 bottles. Stopped in Corbin KY. and scooped up more booze.....:p......I sampled a few bourbons in the store in Corbin. We did see 2 bears, the first was on the Gatlinburg bypass into the park, big fucker just walking down the road like he owned it.. the 2nd was actually on a trail about 50 yds. away from us. Much smaller and when he spied us he scrambled up the mountain and was gone! As always, quality blades for the aficionados...
IMG_4774.jpg

Reactions: Labanaktis
We spent a week in the Smoky Mts. I originally brought 4 bottles. Stopped in Corbin KY. and scooped up more booze.....:p......I sampled a few bourbons in the store in Corbin. We did see 2 bears, the first was on the Gatlinburg bypass into the park, big fucker just walking down the road like he owned it.. the 2nd was actually on a trail about 50 yds. away from us. Much smaller and when he spied us he scrambled up the mountain and was gone! As always, quality blades for the aficionados...
View attachment 7900387
Around these parts we call them the "locals."

Hiked in the Smokys many times (900 Miler) and have had close encounters, most more afraid of me then I of them but there have been those one or two. . .

Nice selection there, Bud!

Just some water right now. Gotta cool off after a fiery breakfast burrito

View attachment 7900387
Nice haul. That Willet Rye is one of my favorites. If you are still down there and can get more of that you should. It can be hard to find! That Michters bourbon is great alone or mixed. It’s my usual.

@Douglas-001
If you like that Bullet see if you can find any of thier barrel proof.

Nice drink. So far my favorite Bullet poor.

Poor man drinking Angels Envy.

I just got back from a nice trip to Kentucky. You can go into a nice restaurant and order a shot of Pappy. I attended a match and treated the wife like a queen. So she takes us to dinner and says I am driving, enjoy yourself. Got to try some cool bourbon.

sun brewed tea with ... ice and lemon with just a splash of ginseng and honey zero sugar .

Reactions: UKDslayer
Let’s hear about this one… thought about picking a bottle up. It’s hard to find up here but I found a place
Delicious. I’m not great at qualifying it but worth $100-130 in todays market IMO.
Enjoying with an aged cigar and spices really come out for a bourbon