• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

This was not helping as I scoured for the best Black Friday deals for NVG. A little late, but the old computer took a dive and I had to use some stupid ipad gizmo for a few weeks.....I refuse to come out of the stone age......nothing wrong with a service rifle that is doped out to 600.....fancy lighter courtesy of the fine folks at the East Coast Night Shoot.....:giggle:
View attachment 8023945
WRDO is my favorite "regular" burb.

Salt on Amelia Island 🤤
46BC501D-4B36-4EB3-B84B-AEA2D3B50187.png

This is a wonderful Rum. I'm normally a scotch guy, but I've been trying rums lately. A bit of cinnamon, honey and a long smooth finish. Highly recommended, and only $32.

Attachments

• 20221220_160410.jpg
    20221220_160410.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 20221220_160717.jpg
    20221220_160717.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: mike278 and 37L1
Hot tea with honey and lemon juice for a few days. Tested positive for Covid tonight. Timing sucks with Christmas this weekend.

worst of all, it’s keeping me from drinking bourbon….

Right now, nothing. Just finished up some last minute Christmas shopping with the Mrs.

After we eat we are going to get a pickup load of firewood... It's about 6° out with 25 mph winds... Should make for a fun run.

Later... I will be enjoying some warm, spiced mead from my horn mug in front of a roaring fire.

Mike

Right now, nothing. Just finished up some last minute Christmas shopping with the Mrs.

After we eat we are going to get a pickup load of firewood... It's about 6° out with 25 mph winds... Should make for a fun run.

Later... I will be enjoying some warm, spiced mead from my horn mug in front of a roaring fire.

Mike
Tour the pit of misery.

• Haha
Reactions: OkieMike
A little EH Taylor small batch tonight!
Just bought my first bottle of EH Taylor a couple of weeks ago. Really nice bourbon. Some reviewers say the quality and strength of flavor is a bit lacking for it's price point, but i think Taylor is one of the better bourbons I've tasted in a while. My most frequent disappointment with bourbon whisky is that too many distillers seem to over-oak the spirit during the aging process. Thankfully, EH Taylor goes light on the oak. By contrast, I've got a bottle of Knob Creek 12yo that's almost undrinkable because the oak flavor is so strong it tastes like turpentine.

Congrats on the Van Winkle 13 yr Rye! Would love to find a bottle of it.
*Lot B
The 13 yr rye is 🔥 though. At least at reasonable buy pricing which doesn’t seem to exist any longer on that one.

Reactions: padom
*Lot B
The 13 yr rye is 🔥 though. At least at reasonable buy pricing which doesn’t seem to exist any longer on that one.

I walked into a frequented store 1min after opening and they had just put both of these on the shelf at msrp...I'm negotiating a trade right now for both of these bottles for a 2022 WLW since I already have a Lot B and MTB SM opened on the shelf...

A buddy that stopped in an hour or 2 after me said they put a 13yr Rye on the shelf that he grabbed. I would have much preferred that over the 12yr Lot B since I already have one open but hey I'm not complaining..

I walked into a frequented store 1min after opening and they had just put both of these on the shelf at msrp...I'm negotiating a trade right now for both of these bottles for a 2022 WLW since I already have a Lot B and MTB SM opened on the shelf...

A buddy that stopped in an hour or 2 after me said they put a 13yr Rye on the shelf that he grabbed. I would have much preferred that over the 12yr Lot B since I already have one open but hey I'm not complaining..
Jeez! That WLW is one of my favorites. Wish I wouldn’t have sold my ‘19 I won in the lottery for $750. It’s now worth $1400 or so. Same with the Stagg I won that year. No luck since. Paid $99 each on those. 🤦‍♂️

Jeez! That WLW is one of my favorites. Wish I wouldn’t have sold my ‘19 I won in the lottery for $750. It’s now worth $1400 or so. Same with the Stagg I won that year. No luck since. Paid $99 each on those. 🤦‍♂️

WLW is delicious for sure. #1 on Fred Winnick top 100 bourbons 2022...GTS is #3, which I just traded a few bottles for a few minutes ago...

And that 2019 WLW is worth closer or over $2k right now....2022 is going for $1400-1600

Only other bottle I'm really wanting is the Old Fitz 19yr distillery release. It's going for 900-1000...gotta decide if I want to trade some bottles for it....I got a case of MBSR, a few MTBSM and MTBB....idk we will see

That Bookers 2022-03 Kentucky Tea Batch at #6 is a straight sleeper. I grabbed 2 last week and it's damn fine juice for $99!

Reactions: Labanaktis
WLW is delicious for sure. #1 on Fred Winnick top 100 bourbons 2022...GTS is #3, which I just traded a few bottles for a few minutes ago...

And that 2019 WLW is worth closer or over $2k right now....2022 is going for $1400-1600

Only other bottle I'm really wanting is the Old Fitz 19yr distillery release.

That Bookers 2022-03 Kentucky Tea Batch at #6 is a straight sleeper. I grabbed 2 last week and it's damn fine juice for $99!

I about pulled the trigger on a OF ‘19 for 1100. Probably should have. Bought an XTRIIIi instead.

Only other bottle I'm really wanting is the Old Fitz 19yr distillery release. It's going for 900-1000...gotta decide if I want to trade some bottles for it....I got a case of MBSR, a few MTBSM and MTBB....idk we will see

I agree with you, the bookers is fantastic! I picked up a bottle of it and love it. Sipping on it currently.

So happy for you guys that got those bottles! Someday I’ll get to try them, thats the fun part of the hunt. It’s fantastic to find them for SRP… enjoy and share with those closest to you!

Matt

Last edited:
Reactions: db2000
File this under “I can’t believe it made it”
Nice of a friend to send this to me after returning from Ireland but damn, I’m a Fireball box and USPS to boot 🤣
3212041C-72DD-47B4-BB99-DBBADDB9E108.jpeg
F8A03CF0-AAE8-421C-B22F-4F6F3A9B5375.jpeg

Barry Crockett Legacy is definitely deeper and more complex. Worth the extra bucks IMO.
3A1E9147-E643-43CA-BCA8-8AB2294DF57A.jpeg
A6C7CB0C-23C3-4EC3-984C-B4CA43A9C4E8.jpeg

Reactions: bkglock
Owner I find most of my high end bottles from pulled this out of the back room when I stopped in last night on way to in laws for Christmas dinner.. needless to say, I walked out with it..

Hard part is waiting to crack that WSiB till tomorrow...hahahah

Doing a EC SiB SP blind right now with these 4..

Krestons #1 9yr
Krestons #2 8yr
Canals 8yr
FWGS 10yr

At the present moment, Gold Peak Black Tea, unsweetened. I put my own fake sweetener in it.

1671914804146.jpeg

64261AAC-542B-45B7-9554-AEF0D74FAC24.jpeg

Just poured one of these

F0DC63C1-BE48-45A6-9D29-A852F576507D.jpeg

These are what we worked on over the holiday visit at the In laws. The Sam Houston was a Birthday gift to the FIL and quite delicious. The Cherry 1889 (front left) smooth with a nice finish.

Vine Cliff is the only better Napa cabernet IMHO.
Back in the day, about 30 years ago, I was more into wine and the Beringer Cabernet Sauvignon was my favorite. Then, I went through some beer and ale. Margaritas are okay. Never much in for vodka. Whiskey is my drink. And my favorite scotch whiskey is Glenfiddich single malt. Usually the 12 year is fine for me and affordable at 50 to 60 dollars (USD) for a 750 ml.