• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

IMG_1562.jpeg

With the man himself!

Some Bookers Tea Batch and super old KC single barrel 120. It was 17 yr’ish

Was gonna mix up something with a new bottle of Herradura tequila tonight, but my lovely bride brought home a present from her tour of some wineries and a whiskey distillery here in the Tejas Hill Country today:

IMG_2444.jpeg

Guess this could also go in the “what’s your view” thread…. Broke ground on the Garage Mahal/casita/pool house today!

Gotta say, it’s actually a pretty nice spirit…not as smooth as some of my preferred Scotch labels, but better than most at this price point ($75 or so)! Nice flavor too…and not too hot. Just right.

IMG_2446.jpeg

Was gonna mix up something with a new bottle of Herradura tequila tonight, but my lovely bride brought home a present from her tour of some wineries and a whiskey distillery here in the Tejas Hill Country today:

View attachment 8191816

Guess this could also go in the “what’s your view” thread…. Broke ground on the Garage Mahal/casita/pool house today!

Gotta say, it’s actually a pretty nice spirit…not as smooth as some of my preferred Scotch labels, but better than most at this price point ($75 or so)! Nice flavor too…and not too hot. Just right.

View attachment 8191817
I’ve had this once, very very nice.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Anybody had this?

Wife left a facility today and the staff bought it for her.

Trying to determine if they wanted her to stay or wanted her to leave.

View attachment 8197299
Pretty good stuff there. Had several bottles in the past. Moved on to other interests but wouldn't mind sampling some of that again. Was about $60 a bottle when I was drinking it.

DEF0257C-71A3-4075-B722-5D8782822141.jpeg

I feel better. It’s probably allergies, 90% mental. Hot toddy with home grown Meyer lemons and good honey can overcome mediocre booze. Add tomato soup and a ham and grilled cheese.

Reactions: HPIguy
I was pleasantly surprised by that wine. A store owner in DC gave it to me to try after I bought a bunch of bourbon and other wines. She was selling it for $35/btl!
A friend turned me on to it. I don’t drink much wine, but when I do, I ain’t touching cheap shit.

$35 is not bad. I paid $44 for this one at Costco.

Reactions: db2000
Ralfy's cold elixir; 50:50 Drambuie and Laphroaig 10 yo Cask Strength because some dumbasses didn't stay home when they are sick.

Followed up with a Highland Park 18, normally I save Scotch for the winter months.

This was a nice little grab. Found this on a mark down shelf for $19. It's pretty good, coconut, vanilla and orange. I would grab this again for that money.
20230819_161629.jpg

24 oz Bell's Two Hearted IPA, with a local (3 Notched) APA before and afterwards,

last night and the night before were Basil Hayden Dark Rye (damn fine stuff)

Just cracked 1 of them. Ita delicious. Better than I expected actually. What a buttery, vanilla Toasted flavor. I'm gonna have to hide the other bottle. Haha. Gotta find me 2 more!

Picked one up in WV. Looking forward to trying it an a few weeks.

Just cracked 1 of them. Ita delicious. Better than I expected actually. What a buttery, vanilla Toasted flavor. I'm gonna have to hide the other bottle. Haha. Gotta find me 2 more!

I passed on a bottle at just under $100 last week and grabbed a Michter's sour mash toasted instead. Was this a mistake?

Yes unfortunately. Should’ve bought both.
Would if I could. They only allow one allocated bottle per person, per day.

NC is not the best state to do your bourbon shopping. The selection is usually crap. Every once in a while you can find rare bottles in rural ABCs at retail, but it's hit or miss. Mostly miss.

Reactions: db2000