• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

Starting my weekend…so, in what’s starting to become a tradition for me, a tequila sunrise to watch the sunset:

i-3WLRFDs.jpg

still hot as balls out here, even at 18:30…. Might have to take a quick plunge

Nice ! A Washington DC! They are out of Michigan now. I have 1 unopened left. Don’t see them to often. How was it?
I didn’t realize that about being in Michigan. It’s delicious. I’m a big Cigar Blend fan too.
I got this in St. Simons Island 4 years ago or so.

Yeah. The new bottles are labeled Holland MI. The DC bottles are older juice from older stocks that are continuously being picked over.

The 3 different Cigar blends I’ve have were all pretty good and slightly different. I have a batch 92 named 1892 that’s really unique. It’s a 130th anniversary of the brand. There is a Turkish Coffee note in there that I’ve never had in any other bourbon. The batches over 100 seem to be getting younger but are still really good. Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend is the original…

I've been holding off on letting this one be known because it's a $35 bottle that drinks like it should be well north of $50. The last time I had a go-to like this the secret got out and the price jumped about $15 a bottle. The flavors are clearly Kentucky straight bourbon but it has a beautiful smooth and slightly sweet vanilla finish that I find similar to some of the better highland scotch I've had. I would compare it to Angel's Envy but with a little more flavor. I've been through many cases of this stuff in the last few years. Hope I didn't just ruin it!!!

20230901_192135.jpg

I've been holding off on letting this one be known because it's a $35 bottle that drinks like it should be well north of $50. The last time I had a go-to like this the secret got out and the price jumped about $15 a bottle. The flavors are clearly Kentucky straight bourbon but it has a beautiful smooth and slightly sweet vanilla finish that I find similar to some of the better highland scotch I've had. I would compare it to Angel's Envy but with a little more flavor. I've been through many cases of this stuff in the last few years. Hope I didn't just ruin it!!!

View attachment 8217813
Someone gifted me a bottle of that last night. Can’t wait to sample
It now

I’m on vacation and at the pool bar the best scotch is a 12yr Glenfiddich
You could do worse; a whole lot worse. Sometimes it's worthwhile to reset your senses by sipping one of the old standards.

Makers Mark French Oaked...common enough, I know, but I'm enjoying it enough to not throw it out.

Reactions: rhsc
@blister, never say never……

I’m drinking Evan Williams 2012 single barrel
Those are so good and not commonly enjoyed or discussed. I’d say underrated but iirc it’s a 5x whiskey of the year winner.

I have multiples of ‘05-‘12. I remember ‘09 being particularly delicious. I’m not sure if I have any from the same barrels that won awards. 🤣 These were always on sale for $28 at the ABC when I picked them up. Good reason resell is $150 and up.

Reactions: ColbyLang
I tried Angel's Envy recently . BIL offered me some so I took it on the rocks . Wow smooth . Smoke from the barrel and light back end . $100 a bottle . I'm slowly learning and wow me likey .

Makers Mark French Oaked...common enough, I know, but I'm enjoying it enough to not throw it out.
Sometimes I'll add a bit of MM 46 to Old Grand Dad 114 at a 4 or 5-to-1 ratio. That gives the OGD some complexity without covering up the nice rye spice it's got. Makes for a pretty decent, cheap sipper.

Reactions: db2000
How are you doing the smoke? Sounds delicious!
I make these little chimneys that sit on top of the glass. It has a ledge that holds a pipe screen and I just use a butane torch to send the smoke down into the glass. I’m about to make a box that two snifters fit in and use a fan powered smoker to smoke the entire box. That leaves more of the smoke taste on the rim of the glass for a different experience. I use maple, cherry, apple, poplar, and oak chips, depending, for different flavors. Not that bourbon drinking isn’t fun on its own, this just takes it to another level.

67780576500__85B87492-5F4C-4DF6-8AE3-EC2936ED3985.jpeg

67831188799__286D47BE-C249-4CB1-B4D8-EF12ADD40A77.jpeg

Reactions: db2000
I tried Angel's Envy recently . BIL offered me some so I took it on the rocks . Wow smooth . Smoke from the barrel and light back end . $100 a bottle . I'm slowly learning and wow me likey .
$100/bt. I wonder if that was the Caribbean cask finish. It’s about that price. The regular is closer to $50. I had a Stateline Liquors store pick 120 proof in SC that was incredible. It was $100. Should’ve bout more.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
Next to last pour of a High West Yippee Ki-Yay.

IMG_5674.jpg

My best friend-(no, not the booze you racist goons :LOL:..we started hanging out in high school about 1986ish..) dropped in with a plate of kick ass onion rings he made (they didn't last long) and the Weller which was most excellent. I'll be sure to scoop up a bottle or two! The beer was Heineken...it was many years ago I went to a liquor store with Cliff and he introduced me to Belgian beer. Holy smokes! They are great beers! Been awhile since I bought any.....gotta remedy that...:unsure:

spared no expense at the gas station on the way home

got a 6 pk of The Champagne of Beers,

Miller High Life,

on number 3

• Haha
Reactions: darkfader