• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

IMG_5346.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: doubloon and 6.5SH
The last several pours from a Tapatio Anejo (note to self, there is more left in a 1 Liter bottle than a 750 mL...)
A Dulce Vida XA 100pf, some air in the bottle helped, it wasn't great when I first opened it. It is not bad now.
An original Corrido XA

Reactions: db2000
Well, I only bought this because I had to taste the difference. The mash smells like straight corn sugar, but it's pretty mild in taste with the rye and barley coming through.

I'd still rather have horse soldier or whistle pig for the money.

IMG_20230922_184257540.jpg

Well, I only bought this because I had to taste the difference. The mash smells like straight corn sugar, but it's pretty mild in taste with the rye and barley coming through.

I'd still rather have horse soldier or whistle pig for the money.

View attachment 8233358

had an Iron Maiden labeled ESB a while ago, (after dinner) now on Buff Trace #2 or 3,

good boubon for the money,

not tried Horse Soldier, yet,
but did try Whistle Pig when it came out here,
$70 or so a bottle , and no better than Wild Turkey 101, infact 101 is better,

JMHO of course,

had an Iron Maiden labeled ESB a while ago, (after dinner) now on Buff Trace #2 or 3,

good boubon for the money,

not tried Horse Soldier, yet,
but did try Whistle Pig when it came out here,
$70 or so a bottle , and no better than Wild Turkey 101, infact 101 is better,

JMHO of course,

Odd, Buffalo Trace is more expensive than whistle pig here. $50 vs $40.

If you really want to have an excellent Glendronach, spring for a bottle of the 18 year old Allardice, one of my all time favorites.

30,000 bottles released this year.
A portion went overseas. A friend got 3 at double MSRP. We opened one last night. Should be an annual release.

I should mention. It’s a top 10 bottle for me. Phenomenal. I’ll pay double MSRP if given the opportunity. Better than Pappy’s (any of them). Better than usual “unicorns”.

Reactions: Labanaktis
A pseudo-Sazerac. A single rocks glass with small puddle of simple syrup, 10-12 dashes of Peychaud's bitters, 2 Oz of Sazerac rye, good ice to fill then stir. Added a small float of Absinthe and a few drops of lemon bitters on top.

Reactions: earthtrekker1775
Watching American Graffiti and decided to open one of my dusties. The bottles of "Old Harper" in the liquor store scene were Old Taylor.

A number of years ago I was in a small liquor store in a crappy part of town with a friend and walked out with a bunch of stuff they were happy to part with. Among them were four 1 liter 6 year old Old Taylor made in Frankfort (National Distillers). Paid the sticker price of $13.99 each for them.

Also got a Bourbon Heritage Collection I.W. Harper there but gave that one away to a friend's son.

Watching American Graffiti and decided to open one of my dusties. The bottles of "Old Harper" in the liquor store scene were Old Taylor.

A number of years ago I was in a small liquor store in a crappy part of town with a friend and walked out with a bunch of stuff they were happy to part with. Among them were four 1 liter 6 year old Old Taylor made in Frankfort (National Distillers). Paid the sticker price of $13.99 each for them.

Also got a Bourbon Heritage Collection I.W. Harper there but gave that one away to a friend's son.
Good find. Most of my best bottles came from a liquor store in the hood.

You don’t see too many thugs on the stoop shooting dice while sipping weller.

• Haha
Reactions: 6.5SH and db2000
IMG_0024.jpeg

A friend brought me 3 selections from Moriarty. HH, EC and Willett barrel finishes.

Reactions: Labanaktis
Everyone loves a deal.
Mayflower Hotel in DC. JM Cigar Blend. Can’t find it in the computer so the two bartenders look at each other and one says “just give it to him for the price of the other one” 🤩🤩🤩 $17

“Uh, make it a double”

IMG_0072.jpeg

I got this yesterday. I kicked my last bottle over a year ago. One of my favorite bottles.

Cracked it last night and absolutely delicious. The burnt marshmallow, toast, vanilla, caramel. So good!

I'm in Jersey right now taking the kids to Fright Fest. Just grabbed a Shenks and Bombergers at a local store.

I got this yesterday. I kicked my last bottle over a year ago. One of my favorite bottles.

Cracked it last night and absolutely delicious. The burnt marshmallow, toast, vanilla, caramel. So good!

I'm in Jersey right now taking the kids to Fright Fest. Just grabbed a Shenks and Bombergers at a local store.

One of my favorites. The liquor stores here in DC will give you a stroke looking at bottles like this. I just saw the M10 Rye, which this is so much better IMO, for $900 🤣

One of my favorites. The liquor stores here in DC will give you a stroke looking at bottles like this. I just saw the M10 Rye, which this is so much better IMO, for $900 🤣

900 is just insane for M10 anything. I like the M10 rye, have it on the shelf. But MBSR is better and this MBSTR is the best of all of them IMHO. I paid 200 for this one. Little steep but I needed it back in my life. Might grab another

I have been looking but cannot find it anywhere in Oregon.

900 is just insane for M10 anything. I like the M10 rye, have it on the shelf. But MBSR is better and this MBSTR is the best of all of them IMHO. I paid 200 for this one. Little steep but I needed it back in my life. Might grab another
200 is actually good to better than average now. I agree. Incredible. Mines half done 🤦‍♂️

Just cracked the Shenks. Bombergers is on deck then I'll pour another MTBR. Gotta pour those PA heritage juices first getting ready for the Phils!

Reactions: db2000
Quick update

Shenks has always been overhyped and Bombergers has been excellent but overpriced unless you got it at retail...

I read some 2023 releaze Shenks reviews and they said it was excellent. Well I opened mine and it's absolutely delicious. Flavorful, lasting and very unique with a well done balanced oak finish.

Reactions: vinniedelpino
Quick update

Shenks has always been overhyped and Bombergers has been excellent but overpriced unless you got it at retail...

I read some 2023 releaze Shenks reviews and they said it was excellent. Well I opened mine and it's absolutely delicious. Flavorful, lasting and very unique with a well done balanced oak finish.
I have’20 and ‘21. Both are great. Still need to get Bombergers.

Reactions: padom