• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

Just bought a bottle of this tonight. I've never had it before, but this might be my new favorite.

differ-2.jpg

Reactions: Dewey7271
Just stumbled onto a bottle by chance at the likka sto last week.
Hasn't been any Wellers around these parts for 1 1/2 years now, visited my daughter in Nashville where she bartends at a $400/night hotel.
They had Pappy's but no Weller.

Larceny is a very good buy as is Ezra Books 100proof 7 year old, under $25/bottle.
Enjoy

Rich

Larceny is a very good buy as is Ezra Books 100proof 7 year old, under $25/bottle.

That may be my next try then. The Larceny is smooth and rich, not too hot, but plenty of kick. Really good balance and flavor.

That may be my next try then. The Larceny is smooth and rich, not too hot, but plenty of kick. Really good balance and flavor.
Larceny is 20% wheat ( higher than Makers ) where as Ezra is 78% corn, 10% rye rest malted barley. So different but I enjoy it, hope you do to.

Rich

Larceny is 20% wheat ( higher than Makers ) where as Ezra is 78% corn, 10% rye rest malted barley. So different but I enjoy it, hope you do to.

Rich
I am just becoming aware of the wheated whiskeys, I like them a lot. I do enjoy the spicier high rye whiskeys also, I just typically put a dash of water in to tame them down a bit.

Highly recommend this to all bourbon lovers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181204-114240_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181204-114240_Chrome.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 57
Hasn't been any Wellers around these parts for 1 1/2 years now, visited my daughter in Nashville where she bartends at a $400/night hotel.
They had Pappy's but no Weller.

Enjoy

Rich
There is a shop down the street with 4 bottles of Weller 12 gouged to $100 each. No doubt he will sell them, just not to me.

Where are you finding any Wellers???
Green with envy in SW Mich

Rich

Bourbon now is stupid shit, I grabbed a bunch just when all the rage started.
Weller 12 was $22, should of bought cases.
Pappy Van Winkle was so desperate to sell their bourbon they labeled it Very Olde St. Nick and sold in japan.

People dont realize you are buying a brand name the bourbon in the bottle can be anything.
Pappy got famous from bourbon they did not distill.

IMAG2203-20181204-21200736.jpg

Reactions: Geno C.
Bourbon now is stupid shit, I grabbed a bunch just when all the rage started.
Weller 12 was $22, should of bought cases.
Pappy Van Winkle was so desperate to sell their bourbon they labeled it Very Olde St. Nick and sold in japan.

People dont realize you are buying a brand name the bourbon in the bottle can be anything.
Pappy got famous from bourbon they did not distill.

View attachment 6980844
I agree you and everyone else should not drink bourbon. That way I will be able to buy it much cheaper.

I blame the series 'Justified' for the increased interest in Bourbon.
first season they were drinking Jim Beam. Then they proceeded to climb the ladder.

Raylon 'if you wanted me to shoot you in the front, you should have been running towards me'

Rich

A good single barrel. The story told at the distillery is that the metal building heats up and cools down faster than the brick buildings giving it a better/different flavor.
View attachment 6980834
I finished a blantons bottle the other day. Cracked open the new one. When I do that I usually put it in the back of my mind to buy another. I’ve had blantons in stock at home since I was in college. Drank so much of it that my wife puts it in her bourbon pecan pie. Stopped at my usual place to restock. Shit is on a waiting list now... same story all over my area and look online and the prices are stupid! Guess I gotta plan a little farther ahead now when restocking it

Reactions: Barneybdb
Jamie makes bulletproof coffee for us in the mornings because of the keto. Gotta have some good strong coffee to cut through all that shit!! BRCC beyond black for me.

Yeah the fucking hipsters are really pissing me off ruining a lot of stuff I like ??

Had some Clyde May's. The apple flavored stuff was kinda weird. Had to wash it out with the 93 proof, followed with a taster of Elijah Craig single barrel, washed down with Devils Cut. Lovely headache building for tomorrow.

I'm usually a beer guy but love a good single malt scotch, the first time I tried 12 year old Dalmore all I could think is it made Johnny Walker Blue taste like dishwater.
When I want scotch it's all I get anymore.
20181219_182559.jpg

Reactions: STex and CJS-6.5
No. Seriously I have made a point to try every bourbon and there is definitely some standouts.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country