• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What companies are making rifles in 6.5 cm?

Jeeprider

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2010
PA
I'm looking to purchase a rifle chambered in 6.5 creedmor what companies make rifles in this caliber? Looking to spend between $1000-2k. The most important aspect is accuracy. Thanks in advance for any info.

Re: What companies are making rifles in 6.5 cm?

I know Thompson Center does.

Check out the icon.

Savage makes one in a model 12 LRP.
http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/models/

Sku: 19137
Caliber: 6.5 CREEDMOOR Handed: Right
Rate of Twist: 8 Weight: 11
Overall Length: 46.25 Barrel Length: 26
Ammo Capacity: 4 MSRP: $1081.00

KT

The Savage is a good choice. I believe they make another model in the Creedmoor as well. Ruger makes one as well

I own a Savage Predator Hunter Max in 6.5 Creedmoor that has the accutrigger/ accustock/ heavy fluted barrel. Listed at $889 on the Savage web site.

It is the best shooting rifle I have ever owned or fired...Granted I've never owned any $4k guns so I can't speak to that, but I just shot a .3" 4 shot group at 100 with it and it isn't even close to being broken in yet.

Savage LRP
Savage 10 Max Hunter
Savage light weight hunter
Ruger M77 hawkeye
ruger MK2 target
TC Icon

and DPMS Panther if you were also considering autoloaders

I've got a lrp and a panther both accurate enough. I like em. DPMS needs a trigger immediately.

I actually just got a savage model 12 lrp put and bushnell 6500 elite tactical 4.5-30*50mm and 4boxes of 140 gr match hornady a bore snake and a cheap hard case for $2047.00 shot it last weekend without my bipod or shooting bags just shot off of a seat cushion and averaged 1/2 groups at 200 during my break in on the barrel havnt had a chance to stretch it out yet hoping to get 400 and 500 yards in this weekend but so far I will say its one of the best rifles I've owned and I'm a remington man owned a dozen of them the precision target acutrigger is the best trigger I have ever shot and both guys that shot it with me said they will own one within the year this is the first savage I've ever owned and it is awesome. I've done the research and savage is were is is at.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeeprider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm looking to purchase a rifle chambered in 6.5 creedmor what companies make rifles in this caliber? Looking to spend between $1000-2k. The most important aspect is accuracy. Thanks in advance for any info. </div></div>

Could you be a little more specific in what you want in a rifle, other than an accurate 6.5CM?

Semi-Auto, Bolt Action?
Do you want a 8-lb all up hunting rifle or a 18-lb F-Class rig?
Single-Shot, Repeater?
Do you need it now or can you wait?

In your price range, you can get a semi-custom (factory action rebarreled to 6.5CM). With a little more information, we can probably point you in the right direction.

the last place they made 6.5cm Guns which is equal to 65mm was For U.S Navy Guns back in ww2
the french used a cannon back in world war one that used a 2.5inch cannon that is the equivalent of 6.5cm lmao

sorry it was open for a laugh LMAO

6.5mm not sure where

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pritch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the last place they made 6.5cm Guns which is equal to 65mm was For U.S Navy Guns back in ww2
the french used a cannon back in world war one that used a 2.5inch cannon that is the equivalent of 6.5cm lmao

sorry it was open for a laugh LMAO

6.5mm not sure where</div></div>

LMAO... by 6.5 CM, he means 6.5 Creedmoor, not 6.5 centimeter

Model 10/110 predator hunter max , with Accustock. I witnessed it shoot 8" steel plate at 800 yards. 8-10 times. Completely stock. Great started for a 6.5 project.

I bought a Savage 12 LRP in 6.5 CM just before Christmas. I've ony been to the range once, but with the Hornaday 120 Amax factory ammo 4 shots under an 3/4 inch at 100 yards wasn't difficult

Cooper makes the 6.5 creedmoor as well very fine guns!

Or you can get out of the factory guns all together and find a used Rem 700 for around $700 and get it trued and a custom barrel screwed on and still be under $1500.