• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you do in the reloading room today?

My wife cleaned it up two days ago.
Now I can see the floor... it needed vacuuming

Attachments

• reloading room before 20210524_160339.jpg
    reloading room before 20210524_160339.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: camocorvette
Installed a 2 plug outlet and mounted a linkable Led light. Step 1 is done, now I want to add 3 more.

Attachments

• IMG_20210530_152958554.jpg
    IMG_20210530_152958554.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 62
My wife cleaned it up two days ago.
Now I can see the floor... it needed vacuuming
I resemble this remark!

Loaded 600 rds of 45. Realized I am too old to remember what is in each of my ammo boxes, so I labelled everything rather than bothering to try. Set up to finally load 9x23 Win on my 550.

Tumbled and swaged a bunch of range brass. Also loaded up another test for the tikka 308 hunting rig. Lapua brass 165 partition over 4064. Hoping to get out tomorrow to test.

I resemble this remark!

Loaded 600 rds of 45. Realized I am too old to remember what is in each of my ammo boxes, so I labelled everything rather than bothering to try. Set up to finally load 9x23 Win on my 550.
I write on the front of the box with coloured paint pen. In the 100 round MTM holders. 308, 223, 9mm, 38 super, etc.. when I open my ammo locker, I don't have to open anything and I see it on the front of the box when they are stacked up. On the box, I have the MTM sticker with relevant load data. That way I know what I'm shooting, and also know the recipe when I reload them.

I have a seperate log book with all data (round counts, brass firings in some cases, etc).

I can take a photo to show you if you want.

I write on the front of the box with coloured paint pen. In the 100 round MTM holders. 308, 223, 9mm, 38 super, etc.. when I open my ammo locker, I don't have to open anything and I see it on the front of the box when they are stacked up. On the box, I have the MTM sticker with relevant load data. That way I know what I'm shooting, and also know the recipe when I reload them.

I have a seperate log book with all data (round counts, brass firings in some cases, etc).

I can take a photo to show you if you want.
I think i'm set now, but thank you. I have long kept my loads on my computer, my notes in a book, but then just "knew" which were which in the boxes, even if I shot the same round from two rifles. I'd have one, say, with Norma brass and the other with Lapua. Just figure I am getting too old now, so I filled out those stickers and put them on everything. Of course, getting old meant getting my reading glasses on to do it.

The Front of the box plan, though, is a solid idea. I think I am going to steal that.

Loaded 50 338 edge today
265 badlands and N570 in ADG brass
Tried N570 again in my V3 and surprisingly it worked a lot better this time for some reason only stalling twice.

Loaded up some 0.2 gr increment test loads for 6.5 Grendel and discovered my purchased in 1993 Dillon D-Terminator scale has developed a severe case of drift. 28 years was a good run.

Intrested to see what you replace it with.
Mine is old enough to have had their lifetime warranty (they eventually went to 1 year on electrics/electronics). I doubt the new ones will last as long but shall see how it goes.

This may be an unwelcome comment to some of the hand loaders out there.....but, if you don’t already have a balance beam scale you should consider having one.

In the advent of any serious crisis - civil unrest, economic collapse, or an EMP/Solar Flare, we could find ourselves without electricity. Hand loading may be an important part of survival......consequently, a balance beam scale would be invaluable. The same goes for hand tools......no power/fuel......no workee! memtb

What did I do ???

I built 100 cartridges of 300 Win Mag for a long-range competition this weekend at my local range.
  • Peterson brass
  • Berger 200.20x Hybrids
  • MagPro powder (78.4gr)
  • Federal premium magnum primers
This is my "Go-To" load in 300-WM ... gives me single-digit SD, sub-20 ES, and Velocities around 3075 (+/-5 fps). Rifle is a MPA-300-WMBA with "lots" of customizations, although it works great in my Barrett MRAD with the 300-WM barrel as well.

1622749482840.png

If you don’t already have a balance beam scale you should consider having one.

In the event of an <event>, we could find ourselves without electricity. Hand loading may be an important part of survival......consequently, a balance beam scale would be invaluable.
Volumetric powder measures can get you by. Print out this table and you'll do well enough for TEOTWAWKI, assuming you're not like the poor sods who haven't any primers.

Alternatively, 12v battery/inverter or UPS and a PV panel go pretty far towards running low-power balances/scales.

I'd like to see the cave-dwellers' reloading setups in Khyber Pass. I bet a sawbuck they don't have any balances at all, analog or digital.

630893D4-F802-49A7-9C54-7E3EB9E8ECE9.jpeg

First full reloaded metallic and first powder charge ladder.

I’m very happy and look forward to getting out and chrono this stuff next week.

6.5 CM, Hndy brass, H4350, CCI BR-2, Berger 140 hybrids

View attachment 7640558

Not sure if you did already, but if not, I highly recommend marking your cases with a sharpie for identifying charges. I had a bunch lined up in a box with tape labels on lid, knocked it over at the range right before firing them......😑

From then on I started marking cases.

Not sure if you did already, but if not, I highly recommend marking your cases with a sharpie for identifying charges. I had a bunch lined up in a box with tape labels on lid, knocked it over at the range right before firing them......😑

From then on I started marking cases.
Haha....hate when that happens! LOL

but yes, I did also mark them.

but thanks for the very good suggestion (y)

Reactions: KZP
I recommend not knocking everything over.

JDfKH9.gif

So after knocking all my reloads onto the living room floor out of spite since Spife said not to, I also received my Hornady 50 bmg dies today. They were sold out everywhere except Canada. These are freshly imported. Still waiting on my Talon Advanced press to ship.

1622860872429.png

Since my garage is also my reloading room I can post here in a technicality. I finished assembling a complete engine and started fitting it to a pallet so a buyer can pick it up this weekend.

View attachment 7640558

I feel like when this load is birthed the entirety of Sniper's Hide will need to run out to get a cigar.

• Haha
Reactions: Baron23
Got basically half way up the charge range with 9x23 Winchester today, but I was shooting indoors and the Labradar was sucking balls, so I didn't really want to push a 55k psi handgun load any further until I figured out a better setup. Shoots great, though, and I am not sure I gain anything from going from 1350 (where I am now when it reads) to 1500 out of a pistol with 125s. Maybe I do.

I'd love any comments from people who have loaded for the same.

That's right up there with manualy dropping a 308 size charge in 223.

You guessed right, There are 10mm.
I am just getting into the 10mm realm so i need a few :rolleyes:
Nice. What weight? I've found that for anything resembling a full power load, Accurate #9 is really tough to beat.

Installed a new Criterion 6-BR barrel on a Savage action.
Had to open the stock for the Bighorn nut.
Stole an XRS off of the top of a 308.

Loaded up some 105 Bergers on top of 30 gr of VarGet (in some old Remington 6-BR brass) and headed to JTAC.

Got setup and ran 15 over the chronograph to get velocity and zero.
Had to correct .2 mil left and .2 mil down from my boresight.😁

Plugged the info in the Hornady app and hit within a splash mark of my aim point at 525.
Went to 600. Ping on the waterline.
800, same.
1k, same
Said fuck it and went for 1200 and centered it.

20 rounds shot. Called it a day. 🙂

Oh, I did fire a 21st round with a 95gr ballistic tip so I can make a modified case.
Impact centered the 200 1/2 size IPSC.

I wonder if I should bother making the modified case...

Reactions: Hunting2019
Cleaned and rumbled some brass from the weekends outing. Going to anneal them prior to the sizing routine ihave.

Didn't touch the reloading room, but had lunch at a friend's house and he handed me a box of 5000 SRP on my way out, so that was good.

• Wow
Reactions: iceng and slowworm
Didn't touch the reloading room, but had lunch at a friend's house and he handed me a box of 5000 SRP on my way out, so that was good.
I think I need to go to lunch also....

Counted some .223 brass out today - Need to anneal, size/mandrel, chamfer/deburr and prime 500x.
Sorted some .260 Lapua and primed them.

Been working on some 1x 556/223 brass I got recently, all has been dry tumbled to be able to handle it (GRUNGY) enough to de-prime it and now working on the crimps. I have half of it wet tumbled and dry, other half will be wet tumbled whenever this crappy weather changes to something better so I can lay the wet brass out on the driveway to dry. ;)