• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Does anyone want to offer layout suggestions on my new reload bench?

I have a U-shaped area to work with. 3 tables. In this photo, L to R they are: 4ft short side, 8ft long side, 5ft short side.

I’ve got 2 presses with Inline quick release plates on a 9” riser. A&D scale. Tumbler. Henderson trimmer. Torch annealer.
Pretty well want spots for everything to be out since I have the room.

Note: TV will be mounted to the wall, not on table top

Layout thoughts?

View attachment 7616008
Set it up so you can see the tv without craning your neck too far just for comfort over time.

Reactions: Steel head
Getting the pieces together for a 6BR adventure...

IMG_7570-1926156.jpg

IMG_7572-1926155.jpg

Reactions: camocorvette
Found some .204 Ruger brass sitting around and primed it with BR4s

Attachments

• IMG_20210429_213625878.jpg
    IMG_20210429_213625878.jpg
    663.9 KB · Views: 39
I’m jealous. Still waiting on mine.
Setup was waayyy easier than I had imagined. Tomorrow is gonna be making some 77 SMK load development for my Mk12. Good times

Edit to add: in just a few minutes I was able to tweak things to consistently get 8-12 second powder drop cycles with Reloder 16 that were within 0.02-0.04gr (1 kernel) of powder. That's lightyear faster than 30-45 second drops the manual way. This is gonna be interesting tomorrow with my flow of work.

Last edited:
Picked up 2000 147 gr 9mm projectiles from a fellow member. Pretty awesome too, he just lives down the road.
Full length sized more 556/223 cases. Dry tumbled some brass. Bagged up said brass and labeled.
Now I just need to sort, size and prep all the 9mm brass I have. About 5k or so...

Reactions: KZP
Where did you find the Forster? I've been looking for one, but no joy.

Got lucky on midwayusa, I was about to buy one on eBay for $450 and I was like, let me check around one more time and bam they were in stock, o totally got lucky, I ha e a bunch of notifications turned on through them but I never get the notifications

dear diary , today I learned a good lesson on being in a hurry while reloading I primed and powdered 500 rounds of different powders and charges, only to realize late that Becky (my karma) is a complete bitch and that more than 1/2 of that which I loaded needed to be neck sized as no sooner did brad tell his sister that they could not be married I noticed that the bullets all with the help of gravity decided to visit and hag out inside the cases , so I had to dump the powder as it was being racist back out and start all over meaning pulling primers and segregating the different powders that were being exposed to bad touch bear's torment all while out side crying at the lost chance of a new Emmy for stupidity of which my performance was a shoe in to win . Thank god none of the powder or primers were lost or damaged today looking forward to what happens tomorrow as the sun rises on a new day and I find new stupider things I can do to sabotage my efforts . Ps to self I really need to remember to write down my new dope for these rounds as my memory will not allow me to recall what it was hours later after the trip to the range . shopping list kotex , aspirin and a new pillow to cry in lol :cry:😭😭

Not today but the last few days. I got some 6BRX fireformed. I set up the cases with a false shoulder and jammed the bullets a little, they came out great using up all of the orphaned bullets lying around. I have a total of 300 cases now right to go. It actually shot pretty well given there were 5 different types of bullets from 105-108gr.
1621154398408.png

1621154426593.png

1621154519579.png

Added power to my safe, also ordered a dehumidifier and a light kit, I watched a bunch of videos that showed people putting junction boxes talking about how easy it was, I bought extension cord that has the group of plugs at the end and cut the plug 🔌 off and put the cord through the hold and then just redid the 🔌

Attachments

• C597A9A9-A018-4D3C-A5F3-19D5869151A5.jpeg
    C597A9A9-A018-4D3C-A5F3-19D5869151A5.jpeg
    433.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Added lights to safe, $50 Amazon light kit, it lets you aim the lights better and they come in 12 inch strips and they also give you extension pieces to jump spaces you don’t need them

Before and after

Attachments

• BA5C921A-C905-4E7F-B1FD-51C45A683CDF.jpeg
    BA5C921A-C905-4E7F-B1FD-51C45A683CDF.jpeg
    357.7 KB · Views: 73
  • B4657E2C-DF8B-4D3B-AA5B-9B6928955BD1.jpeg
    B4657E2C-DF8B-4D3B-AA5B-9B6928955BD1.jpeg
    466 KB · Views: 67
They are from the early 80s! Last of my old CCI stock. I posted a pic of the box of oldies a few months ago. It's getting low. All the 200s are gone.

Here it is...

Those primers look as old as some of mine. 😀

First time using the Annealeez today.
Expected a 4-6 week delivery, had it in 6 days!

Biggest lesson was to not turn out the lights that also send power to the machine in order to look for the dull red color. Trust the tempilaq.

Waiting on 21st Century mandrel.

Attachments

• 16219856893414035629535211556350.jpg
    16219856893414035629535211556350.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 43
Yeah, so I did a thing. Anodized everything purple, and made a 40mm thick levelling base for it. Helps keep it rock solid, and also has a cut out for storage of the powder tower. And a spot for your cup, which an area419 fits into perfectly.
Has little done rubber bumper feet stuck under it. Grippy, and almost shock proof-ish.
The cut out for the auto trickler is also universal for the stock plastic one, or the area419 upgrade. Nice pocket to sit in.

IMG20210530094715_compress38.jpg
IMG20210530094655_compress69.jpg
IMG20210527203214_compress71.jpg

On ebay, I see a "Swage It" tool that would let me swage primer pockets on my Dillon 550b. Does anyone here use it? I'm thinking for the price of the tool and a die plate, I could do this in half the time.

I have one, what questions do you have?

while drooling at the gentleman's pic above this of his set up I trimmed and chamfered and deburred 800 cases all waiting to be neck sized yea only approximately 3400 to go . all while listening to old people music sadly it only helped a little .:oops::giggle:

I did some renovations in the "room", took out a old cube shelf unit I had been using and installed two 30"x36"x12" cabinets from Lowes for more storage space, and now considering stacking a 3rd one on top for more storage of the lighter items. The room is a mess right now, and need cut some wooden braces for the cabinet shelving as those plastic tabs probably won't last long under the weight of those bullets. LOL

Now that I’ve solved my “extremely” difficult case extraction on my S&W 460 XVR, 3x fired Hornady brass apparently expanding upon firing and “not” shrinking back at all (even at starting loads)...requiring a dowel to drive the cases from the cylinder! I started with my “new” Starline brass and am now working the powder charges up for accuracy and velocity. With the Starline brass practically falling from cylinder after firing, I’m anxious to get this thing ironed-out before hunting season!

Now....to get a work-break around the house and a simultaneous break it the wind, to test these latest loads for velocity and accuracy, on our 100 yard home range! memtb

Curious about why using the lee instead of dillon powder dropper?

Curious about why using the lee instead of dillon powder dropper?
I’ve found the auto drum to be extremely accurate once I ran 20 or 30 charges through it. Most charges are +/- .04gr or less. Haven’t had any larger than .06gr in the 100 or so that I’ve measured. Maybe I got an anomaly, but I’m sticking with it. Interested to try the extruded powders with it. I’m only reloading 9mm and .223 (soon) on it. The auto drum is cheap enough to leave it set up on the toolhead and much simpler IMO.

Reactions: Snuby642
View attachment 7636760

I replaced my Lee Classic Turret with a Dillon 550C. And yes, that IS a Lee Auto Drum on top of the Dillon. Fight me. 😂
Very nice. That photo makes me nervous as hell though. I see an open flame annealer in a room with ~100lb of powder stored out in the open, and presumable a pile of primers too. I do not see a fire extinguisher either. I anneal brass with an induction annealer ,but I still keep powder and primers in a totally different space than where I play with hot things. I'd be affraid that once 100lb of powder got started it'd take out the house and everything in it.

Very nice. That photo makes me nervous as hell though. I see an open flame annealer in a room with ~100lb of powder stored out in the open, and presumable a pile of primers too. I do not see a fire extinguisher either. I anneal brass with an induction annealer ,but I still keep powder and primers in a totally different space than where I play with hot things. I'd be affraid that once 100lb of powder got started it'd take out the house and everything in it.

I also have a 40 foot metal antenna mast just outside the window in the room that’s connected to radios just behind me in this picture. Imagine if a lightning strike happens and ignites all of that powder and the 20,000 primers in the cabinet under it. 😳

Reactions: Fasttimmy