• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Got the 6.8 SPC dialed in with 120 SST's Shooting 2550fps just under 1 moa @ 100. Gave up on the 130 Nosler BST. Groups just started to tighten as the load got to hot & I don't want to switch powders for the SPC. The 8lbs of A2200 is pretty much just for the 6.8.

There were 2 loads between 27.3 & 28.1, but I brain farted and combined them on the magnetospeed. 28.1 is higher then the std 27.5 everyone praises on the 68 forum, but SD is good, brass looks good, primers look good, & gun functions well, brass cumming out @ 3:00.

6.8 SPC2 120 sst A 2200.png

Next up - Size some 1x fired Barret 6.8 brass & give these a try. Hoping to see 2625fps with the A2200 from this 16" barrel. The Lehigh's are a pretty good deal IMO for $55.00 per 100 for solid turned copper.
IMG_6536.jpg

Also made a windowed mag for my LR/SR 308 from a shitty DPMS mag and loaded some 8208XBR ladders to try next weekend.

Hornady 155 ELDM, Sierra 168 TMK, & 176 A-tips. Going to try a 5 x of the A-tips & TMK's loaded to 2.885 in the window mag.

IMG_6535.jpg

Multi-tasking! While completely rewiring / replacing lights on a utility trailer....was melting down wheel weights pouring ingots. I would periodically leave the trailer work, go to the barn and remove the “unwanted stuff”, flux the metal, and pour the ingots. After hunting season....casting season begins! memtb

Reactions: camocorvette
Finally got the 7 SAUM swap back from the gunsmith and put together a little load development to see what she's gonna like. I think I'm just getting old cause I used to just wanna shoot more than anything and anymore I get excited to play with my firearms in any fashion... Finally scored some powder I been waiting on and damn near got hard over it :ROFLMAO:

7 SAUM 1.jpg
7 SAUM.jpg
7 SAUM 2.jpg

i wasted two hours and worse, components, trying to get a new 9mm setup dialed in (dillon 750, toolhead and caliber conv kit, redding dies). the problem is mostly in seating bullets. i want 1.150 oal but am getting 1.125 - 1.160. also bullets are getting slightly deformed, and some cases are getting dented/folded. i am spraying the inside of a gallon bag with one shot and swishing around brass (once-fired). not having any of these issues with the other setup i've been using (basically same thing but dillon dies). i can never seem to get the dillon caseholder perfectly free of any play without it binding up, but it's as close as i can get it.

i wasted two hours and worse, components, trying to get a new 9mm setup dialed in (dillon 750, toolhead and caliber conv kit, redding dies). the problem is mostly in seating bullets. i want 1.150 oal but am getting 1.125 - 1.160. also bullets are getting slightly deformed, and some cases are getting dented/folded. i am spraying the inside of a gallon bag with one shot and swishing around brass (once-fired). not having any of these issues with the other setup i've been using (basically same thing but dillon dies). i can never seem to get the dillon caseholder perfectly free of any play without it binding up, but it's as close as i can get it.
Sounds like you might not be belling the case enough? I’ve come to find that keep adding bell until I can set a projectile on top.

Also I started polishing the bottom of all my shell plates and it made a drastic improvement. I wet-sand with 1000-1500-2000 grit on a mirror and within 5 minutes it’s like glass. It took all the wobble/binding out of my press.

Hunting Days are drawing near for Louisiana folks. So, getting sight-in and practice rounds loaded. However, with bullets being very hard to find, and hunting bullets usually packaged in lots of 50 its getting a bit worrisome. (unlike PRS where bullets are purchased in lots of at least 500 or 1000).

So, my bullet supply for the .243, the .25-06, the 300 Blackout and the two .35 Whelens are all running low. Want to practice this year, better pick up one of the .22’s or the RPR or MPA. But they will be sighted in.

Something to consider. Time is now to start looking for bullets to hunt with in 2022-2023

Last night and this morning, .25-06, .243 and two different loadings for the Whelen. Brenda shoots a light load in her CVA. I shoot an “ought-a-get-em” load in my custom Ruger 77.

So, what’s interesting. One of the very best shooting bullets in the RPR is the Hornady 143 grain ELD-X. This year, the RPR might find its way being carried along on a hunt.

Loaded up some .243 for this weekend. Youth deer hunt 😎
Hornady 100 gr BTSP
RL22 45.8 0.75” groups 3080 fps

I am ashamed. I took out my digital calipers today and the batteries were dead. That’s how long it’s been since I reloaded. I am a poor excuse for a human. 😢😢😢

• Sad
Reactions: Snuby642
Started making up a load for my first 6.5 creedmoor ( Seekins SP10 ), also bought my dad a new hunting rifle (Seekins Havok) both in 6.5 creedmoor

Attachments

• 2F99B55E-2B03-4B5F-9CE0-EFEE78BBE87E.jpeg
    2F99B55E-2B03-4B5F-9CE0-EFEE78BBE87E.jpeg
    446.1 KB · Views: 47
Been getting the intellidropper and frankford case prep center setup. Kinda needed since I broke my elbow and only have one usable arm and a ton of free time. That's the excuse I used to convince my wife anyhow

Found out that the 30-06 i've been hoarding is all 2-flash hole primers

And in no coincidence, broke out the new decaping pins..

400+ of 308 in the tumbler for tomorrow.

• Wow
Found out that the 30-06 i've been hoarding is all 2-flash hole primers

And in no coincidence, broke out the new decaping pins..

400+ of 308 in the tumbler for tomorrow.

Get you a mighty armory decapping and convert them to boxer lol

Spent the weekend organizing. (Last 4 days off and on if I’m being honest.) Wholly shit can I be a messy person… Turned my V2 AutoTrickler into a V3, broke out the RCBS Matchmaster, and made space for a V4 AutoTrickler as well. Primal Rights CPS shipping notification came in. Pretty stoked about that. Got a second CoAx plus SAC barrel vice all put in. Hopefully work slows down soon…

I finished my week’s project. The trilogy was the 6.5CM.

Here….sizing

6-B41-DE9-B-8-F86-469-F-826-A-F15-C8-EA084-E9.jpg

And then priming on the press…

AD0-AE18-D-4679-4145-A7-AB-B8-E999-A894-FC.jpg

Charging and seating…yeah, yeah….yada-yada.

This took a week to complete… L to R: .308win, 6.5x47L, 6.5CM

728D1FD6-6A39-452E-AFD9-BBCDD59457DB.jpg

Enough (220 rounds for each caliber) for …a lot of shooting.

Here….sizing

That’s a thing of beauty.

Here….sizing

Where did you get those cases?

Primed 99 small rifle primer cases.

A bit of a backstory. Reloading for many years (decades actually) it is wondrous thing of all the tools and parts one collects. When I purchased the MPA (in 6.5) I wanted to keep the cases separate from the 6.5 cases I was using in the RPR. Small primer cases solved this issue. However, all my .308 sized cases utilized large primers (since I sold my one and only 7mmBR XP-100, going with all small case rounds for our half dozen bolt action pistols. ). So, the single stage Redding was set up for large primers and it was a pain to convert. The two Dillon’s were set up, one for large and one for small primers but everytime I wanted to use it to load the 6.5 small rifle primer cases I had to move the faceplate over. While none of these are major time consuming issues, it was just a bother to have to mess with. Especially since so much of my reloading was built around getting the job done effectively and efficiently. Finally, my newly rebuilt Orange Crush Single Stage that I sized these cases on, did not have the small primer setup available.

However, I had this old RCBS Bench Mounted Automatic Primer tool sitting aside. While it was the goto tool I depended on years ago, it had since fallen into disuse. I tried it again not too long ago and it totally locked up. Had to destroy the case just to get it free. But it was just too darned convenient, mounted easily to the RCBS base plate and if it would work, it would solve a whole lot of problems regarding loading small primer 6.5 cases.

Well the Primer Tool and I spent quite a bit of time this evening, diagnosing its issues and repairing each one along the way. Got er going and primed all my cases perfectly.

Attachments

• 38DBADE5-9B11-4264-BD95-1C093EAA09EE.jpeg
    38DBADE5-9B11-4264-BD95-1C093EAA09EE.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 43
Tried out the Imperial Sizing Die Wax I just got on some .223 brass. I'm very happy with it compared to One Shot that I've been using.

Tried out the Imperial Sizing Die Wax I just got on some .223 brass. I'm very happy with it compared to One Shot that I've been using.
I had trouble with one shot when I first started reloading. Possibly I had a bad batch, also possible I did something wrong.

I switched to ISW and have not stuck anything since.

Kind of slow for bulk 223 though.

For One Shot, the best way to apply is put your brass in a zip lock bag, spray it, shake it around, spray it again, shake it around, allow it to dry IN THE BAG for 3-5 minutes. After years and years of ISW, the method above has proved to the best most effective.
No problems with it being on the shoulder? Dents?

I've been working on a good 300blk subsonic load that works in my AR pistol and bolt gun. Found one and loaded up 300rds.
Today I cleaned and sorted all of the smaller quantity brass I had laying around...

35Rem and 7mmRM.

Got my new case trimmer working today. Only used the hand crank (when the 1/2 inch drill got out of line on the old tool it really mucked it up, hence a new tool).

Thanks to RCBS for the Veteran’s Discount. Saved some retirement money. (As always, NDIH)

Trimmed and deburred 50 cases. Found four bad cases so the entire batch is going to the annealing bench a loading early. Only real issue, the allan wrench I needed was in the wrong box. Found it and everything worked nicely.