• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos What did you lie to your wife about buying today⁉️

Unfortunately, I had to compromise my integrity and lie to my ex about what I spent money on...especially gun-related stuff.

However that situation no longer exists as my current wife could care less what I spend my money on. After I finish feeding the cows this morning I'm going to drop off another barreled action and parts with Matt Stewart for the third time in just over a year. Her reaction: "cool".

Reactions: Balor
My wife pushes me to buy shit , all I have to do is mention something cool gun/loading related and she is all for me having one . Best part , she pays for it also . Tolerant and generous , damn did I get lucky .

Not having a joint account with the wife.....priceless

If money is tight the wife has to know, as its budgeting and planning.

cant spend food money on a scope and think it will go over well :D

If money isn't tight, shell want to know because they are nosey but they won't care

my wife.. the amount she spends in general, gun stuff doesnt even make it on the radar

Her: whats that..
ME: it's a new one, thats supposed to be really cool i was looking at it...
Her: stopped listening already

E1F7D27D-A3D3-48B3-AF64-C993453DF3D6.jpeg

To find out if you are correct I'll have to stop by your house. PM me an address and time she wants me to drop by.:cool:
😂🤣😂

I can assure you I’m not a participant in that thread. If you want the address of the ex I’ll gladly hook you up. You want my 22lr spent casing too? Appreciate you taking out the trash.

Last edited:
I told my soon to wife (some 38 years ago) that I will be buying things here and there and everywhere. I asked her if she was okay with that and she said yes as long as the bills are paid and there's food on the table. Since then, I've spent more than a quarter of a million dollars on my toys and whatnots. When I buy something, I show it off. She pretends to like my purchase and that's okay with me.

Anyone who has to lie or hide a purchase is doing something wrong. You should have found a woman who either has like-minded views or a patient soul. Whenever my safes get full, she's the one who says to buy another one. She goes to a lot of yard sales and flea markets and she's always on the lookout for something to bring home. I've got more wildlife pictures than walls to hang them on. All came from her and these yard sales. She's my soulmate and there's a special place in Heaven for her.

My wife currently owns six long guns and seven handguns. She has won 7 long guns and one hand gun at gun bashes over the years. She sold 3 of the shotguns that she won, and one Kel-tec PF9 that she bought. One day she went to the gun shop on her lunch hour and bought a S&W M&P9C. She doesn't have to ask me to buy a gun, and I don't have to ask her to buy a gun or gun stuff.

I dont tell her..I usually just show up with a purchase and put it in the safe... I mentioned to her I was buying the the 3 new actions today.. She doesnt care.. I dont ask what she spends or buys and she doesnt bother me on my purchases... One of my rules is that I better have the money to go on a last minute trip and I better not be broke.. She does pretty good all things considered.

I dont have to worry about permission's ... but its fair and equal on both ends.
Don't ask, don't tell.

She doesn't really care what I buy, but I sell and trade a fair amount too.

Don't ask, don't tell.

She doesn't really care what I buy, but I sell and trade a fair amount too.
That's how I reconcile it to myself also.... "I sell and trade " .... of course it always involves me spending more :)

A man needs a hobby, and this is one you can do until you are very old , there's zero woke crap involved, and a lot of good people. It cost some money but it's not like you can take it with you...

Reactions: mi650
I dont ask her and she doesn’t ask me. As long as our bills are paid and we are saving for the kid’s college, then no need to meddle.
She bought me an Origin last year for Christmas

Reactions: mi650
That's how I reconcile it to myself also.... "I sell and trade " .... of course it always involves me spending more :)

A man needs a hobby, and this is one you can do until you are very old , there's zero woke crap involved, and a lot of good people. It cost some money but it's not like you can take it with you...
Yep. Kids are grown and out of college, so they're on their own!!

As I get older, I buy better stuff. Now if I could just get rid of all the cheaper stuff I've accumulated over the years...

I dont ask her and she doesn’t ask me. As long as our bills are paid and we are saving for the kid’s college, then no need to meddle.
She bought me an Origin last year for Christmas
Nice!! :cool:

Mine does stuff like that too. For our 20th anniversary, I got a stainless TRP. :)

I don't lie but i don't unnecessarily disclose. That said, she handles all the credit card payments so sees the damage sooner or later. Mostly sooner as the brown and white trucks arrive before the monthly statements do.

I don't lie but i don't unnecessarily disclose. That said, she handles all the credit card payments so sees the damage sooner or later. Mostly sooner as the brown and white trucks arrive before the monthly statements do.
Same here.

The wife has automatic email alerts on all cards.

She will phone me before I log off the site.

“Is this you?”

Yep.

I am currently the sole provider in our house but we have common goals. If I told my wife tomorrow that I wanted to buy $10K of night vision, she would support me.

This time next year our income is going to double when she goes to work. Then I can ask for $20K of night vision 😄

I guarantee your wives would pitch a fit if you went and bought these.
DC5F4209-7EB3-4938-A1C0-DA538E24B5A6.png
2B5FFB78-8815-4685-BB87-602A3BFD2CDA.png

My girlfriend said she could have taken a nice vacation for what I spent on my last gun. I told her she would come back with nothing. I still have a gun...

Reactions: geek65 and Jscb1b
My wife orders all my gun stuff for me. I tell her what I want and she makes it happen. Might be a little while... But she makes it happen.
Just now ordered 2 MDT chassis, 2 50moa mounts and a scope from a guy on here.
Also a shoutout to him, he's $130 less than amazon for the same scope.

Reactions: CaptNkllm
I've read horror stories of the guy dying and the wife selling his shit for cheap because he lied to her. No need to lie.
I've told all me friends that if I die suddenly, they need to go tell my wife what my guns are REALLY worth before she starts selling em.

• Haha
Reactions: JIMB3AM
Make sure they are your friends and won't low ball her. I asked my wife to talk to one friend that I really trust. I think all the other ones would be vultures.

Reactions: DIBBS